Black Sails, Dark Water (Freeform, Pirate/Supernatural) [Recruitment]

Started by Kakihara, January 26, 2024, 08:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shengami

Quote from: Wicked Emi on January 28, 2024, 09:53:12 PMNah, changes too much for her. But I appreciate it! I will keep searching for now or end up just making a pirate lord and putting them together
Well, there are Captains Barrow and Vane. Someone expressed interest in Jack Rackham. so, plenty of captains floating about.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Mediocre Author

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on January 28, 2024, 10:47:45 PMWhat is HEAs?

*puzzled*
"Happy Ever Afters"

Pairing characters for more than a passing fling. Perhaps that's not as common of an abbreviation as I thought. 😅

My bad. 

But hey, at least I know someone read my character sheet lol 

Sara Nilsson

Well, it may be common. But you have to remember I am an idiot :)

And true, now you have proof someone read it. :D

Kuroneko

Seeing as there are so many great images of him as Rackam from Black Sails, I'd like to claim Toby Schmitz as a faceclaim ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

DeformedCatholic

I purposely didn’t assign manny to any ship to any captain who needs a deckhand who can lift heavy stuff and needs doorways specially made for him is welcome to claim him (assuming he’s accepted). 

Sara Nilsson

That was my thinking too, if someone needs a "doctor" for a voyage, they are welcome to come knocking. Otherwise she will do what she can in port :)

DeformedCatholic

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on January 29, 2024, 12:03:57 AMThat was my thinking too, if someone needs a "doctor" for a voyage, they are welcome to come knocking. Otherwise she will do what she can in port :)
Something something there’s a bad swelling in my penis. 

(I debated a “playing doctor” joke and this somehow was the Victor) 

Sara Nilsson

LOL!

man that really goes around these days, you are the 20th to complain about it today!

Hellion

A theme after my own heart. I love this particular genre, especially being an ocean-lover and visitor to many Caribbean destinations.

...Although, they frown upon you pillaging their stores "in the name of piracy" XD

Anyway, depending on your player cap, I'd definitely be interested.

Rustic

Quote from: Wicked Emi on January 28, 2024, 09:16:47 PMNerissa is seeking her captain, willing to change who she joined crews with at the beginning to fit a little more!

I'm making a captain that will need a crew. I have him almost done and ready for submission. I'll PM the link to you if you want to take a look before that.

Same goes for the others above looking for crew, unless everyone wants to spread out.

FyreFoxx

I can't decide between two designs... so I might just be making two. xD
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

Revna

Quote from: Rustic on January 29, 2024, 01:43:21 PMI'm making a captain that will need a crew. I have him almost done and ready for submission. I'll PM the link to you if you want to take a look before that.

Same goes for the others above looking for crew, unless everyone wants to spread out.
OOOO yes please do so!

Revna

Quote from: FyreFoxx on January 29, 2024, 01:54:09 PMI can't decide between two designs... so I might just be making two. xD
That's exactly what I did, I just gave in to two as well. Join the club! We have cookies!

Rustic

Yeah I'm doing two, a fairyblood captain and a human crew member (who will need a ship).

Hellion

I'm lucky if I have the mental capacity for one. Idk how you all do multi-chars XD

Rustic

Quote from: Hellion on January 29, 2024, 02:32:37 PMI'm lucky if I have the mental capacity for one. Idk how you all do multi-chars XD

I don't know how you stick to just one. XD

So much fun to be had, so many people to interact with, so many concepts. It's like being a kid in a candy store. I want that one, and that one, and that one. So multiple characters help satiate that. :D

DeformedCatholic

Quote from: Hellion on January 29, 2024, 02:32:37 PMI'm lucky if I have the mental capacity for one. Idk how you all do multi-chars XD
Same! I get so invested in one character idea/concept/personality that if I was asked to create two characters for something they would just be "Bob, his identical twin Rob, and the mustachioed clone he made named Roberto".  

Mediocre Author

Quote from: DeformedCatholic on January 29, 2024, 02:49:56 PM"Bob, his identical twin Rob, and the mustachioed clone he made named Roberto". 
😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

THAT is too funny!

I think I might make a second, but I'm not sure yet

Kakihara

Quote from: Mediocre Author on January 28, 2024, 08:19:23 PMI'm very interested in this game. I'll try making a character sheet tonight.

I assume it's still accepting players? How big is the planned group size?
Quote from: Hellion on January 29, 2024, 08:03:21 AMA theme after my own heart. I love this particular genre, especially being an ocean-lover and visitor to many Caribbean destinations.

...Although, they frown upon you pillaging their stores "in the name of piracy" XD

Anyway, depending on your player cap, I'd definitely be interested.
Yep, we are totally still accepting new characters.  As this is a sandbox style game there isn't a specific planned group size or player cap, so all are welcome.

Quote from: Timeless on January 28, 2024, 08:50:32 PMI assume Kakihara is still accepting players since he only just opened the recruitment thread, so you are more than welcome to make a character sheet!

But anyways, I would like to reserve Sobhita Dhulipala, please.
Quote from: Mediocre Author on January 28, 2024, 09:18:27 PMOh, if we are reserving faceclaims, I would very much like to reserve Vincent Von Thien
Quote from: Kuroneko on January 28, 2024, 10:54:46 PMSeeing as there are so many great images of him as Rackam from Black Sails, I'd like to claim Toby Schmitz as a faceclaim ;)
Sweet.  Will add these to the FC reserves.

Sorry for the delay, had sleep and then work so just working on getting through the sheets and putting up a thread for them and will hopefully send out approvals tonight.  Also want to work on a ship tracker for Captains to name their ship and track crew and such, just to make things a little easier.  Along with some other things to help players but that will wait until we are up and running.  Though those doing captains will definitely want to think of their ship names. lol  

Mediocre Author

Kakihara

Quote from: Mediocre Author on January 29, 2024, 04:38:00 PM@Kakihara do our characters sheets require approval?
Yeah, just to make sure nothing conflicts with the lore or is going a bit out to left field really.  Just a standard process in any group game is for GMs to approve a sheet and then give permission to post it after that approval

shengami

Quote from: Kakihara on January 29, 2024, 04:27:09 PMYep, we are totally still accepting new characters.  As this is a sandbox style game there isn't a specific planned group size or player cap, so all are welcome.
Sweet.  Will add these to the FC reserves.

Sorry for the delay, had sleep and then work so just working on getting through the sheets and putting up a thread for them and will hopefully send out approvals tonight.  Also want to work on a ship tracker for Captains to name their ship and track crew and such, just to make things a little easier.  Along with some other things to help players but that will wait until we are up and running.  Though those doing captains will definitely want to think of their ship names. lol 
Well, if we are reserving faceclaims, I guess I am reserving Taika Waititi.

As for the rest, eager and willing. Teach's ship is obviously the Queen Anne's Revenge. His ship is almost as famous as he is. Hehe. I've had interest in a quartermaster as well as a crew member. I figure more can be dealt with in character. But if anyone is interested in crewing the Revenge, let me know. Or captaining under Blackbeard's banner.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Kakihara

The below are approved:
Nerissa Murphy and Charolotte Neils – Wicked Emi
Mandla Okala – DeformedCatholic
Minerva – Sara Nilsson
Antonio Francisco D'Cruz – Mediocre Author

The below is approved but with a note:
Edward Teach – shengami
Just wanted to note that humans can’t use magic innately so he could definitely go through the motion of doing a hermetic circle/calling of the way and such but he will need a Fae or Fairyblooded to push magic into the circle and do any bindings.

Please post your completed character sheet here.  I should have an OCC thread up here as well to help with planning and such, I'll post it here once up.

shengami

Quote from: Kakihara on January 29, 2024, 06:45:45 PMThe below are approved:
Nerissa Murphy and Charolotte Neils – Wicked Emi
Mandla Okala – DeformedCatholic
Minerva – Sara Nilsson
Antonio Francisco D'Cruz – Mediocre Author

The below is approved but with a note:
Edward Teach – shengami
Just wanted to note that humans can’t use magic innately so he could definitely go through the motion of doing a hermetic circle/calling of the way and such but he will need a Fae or Fairyblooded to push magic into the circle and do any bindings.

Please post your completed character sheet here.  I should have an OCC thread up here as well to help with planning and such, I'll post it here once up.

Ahhh, I had not realized that caveat. Alright, a small tweak to make him faeblooded then, I think. Jinnblooded. I'll make the changes then run it past you again.

EDIT: modifications made to sheet. I'll copy/paste it once approved.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Mediocre Author

Hey I'm gonna reserve one more faceclaim, please.

Natalie Dormer