I'm goin south now...

Started by Vincent, October 14, 2008, 11:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

well, don't know bout my fellow Canadians, but i'm headin south over the border with another Conservative round to look forward to..
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

The Overlord

Vincent

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Will

Hey, come on down!  We only have one party: Corporations. :P  It's a lot less pressure when it doesn't matter who wins.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Inkidu

I'm still shocked to find out Canada had a warship. Still you act like politics is good in one form or another, conservative liberal they both suck rather equally. Go to Mexico and try out a despotism! :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Rhapsody

No thanks.  I'll take Harper over the Bush legacy any day.

I've lived under both. Trust me, we have it far better up here.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Vincent

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 15, 2008, 09:41:02 AM
No thanks.  I'll take Harper over the Bush legacy any day.

I've lived under both. Trust me, we have it far better up here.

Ah, but if obhama wins?
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Rhapsody

If he does, and I hope he does, he'll have to break out the vacuum cleaner and clean house a bit before I'll be comfortable there again.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

ShrowdedPoet

. . .well. . .if McCain wins I've gotta save up a ton of money and ship myself and my family someplace like the UK. . .
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Vincent

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on October 15, 2008, 10:03:46 AM
. . .well. . .if McCain wins I've gotta save up a ton of money and ship myself and my family someplace like the UK. . .

-Hides in her suitcase-

If he does, i'm coming. can we make it Autralia?
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Vincent on October 15, 2008, 10:08:34 AM
-Hides in her suitcase-

If he does, i'm coming. can we make it Autralia?

But you live in Canada, will he be effecting you lovely people too?
Ons and Offs

Vincent

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on October 15, 2008, 10:09:52 AM
But you live in Canada, will he be effecting you lovely people too?

No, but we got Harper re-elected...

-pops out from her suitcase, hugs her, and dives back in-
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Rhapsody

The strongest, and I do mean STRONGEST criticism of Stephen Harper as Canada's Prime Minister has been his Bushist policies and ideals.  I guarantee you, if he tries to take away our national health care again like he's threatened in the past, there'll be riots in the streets.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Vincent

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 15, 2008, 10:19:28 AM
The strongest, and I do mean STRONGEST criticism of Stephen Harper as Canada's Prime Minister has been his Bushist policies and ideals.  I guarantee you, if he tries to take away our national health care again like he's threatened in the past, there'll be riots in the streets.

I'll personally show him why he needs to keep good health care...
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Vincent on October 15, 2008, 10:22:16 AM
I'll personally show him why he needs to keep good health care...

You, me and thirty million other Canadians. I've got my hockey stick right here. *pats it*  You?  :) 
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Vincent

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 15, 2008, 10:27:42 AM
You, me and thirty million other Canadians. I've got my hockey stick right here. *pats it*  You?  :) 

-Nuzzles his own happily- Me and it have a date with Jhon Barde later to discuss matters of education and funding -nods-
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

ShrowdedPoet

*laughs*  Well. . .I'm disapearing if McCain gets in. . .it will be the end of life as I know it. . .I just know it!
Ons and Offs

Vincent

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on October 15, 2008, 10:39:25 AM
*laughs*  Well. . .I'm disapearing if McCain gets in. . .it will be the end of life as I know it. . .I just know it!

-Peeks out, living quarters for himself established in her suitcase-

Ya, i don't think i'd be able to take McCain and harper.

However we DO have Justin Treaudeau to look forward to, possible liberal leader. I'd stick around for him. -nods-
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Randilin

Was grossly disappointed by the voter turn out yesterday.
---------------
Randilin
O/o - Randilin the director's cut

ShrowdedPoet

Something that give me nightmares is. . .what if McCain gets into office, that's bad enough right?  Then dies and Palin becomes president!  Hell, I'd run to Mexico just to get away from THAT!!!
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

I had a friend who said we're screwed both ways. McCain gets in dies, and so on. He said and Obama is likely to get shot. Then we have to deal with his V.P. He made a lot of sense.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Moondazed

I'll take Biden over Palin any day of the week! :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Will

Really, I would have to think that if Palin wound up in office, enough people would put pressure on her that she would resign.  Nancy Pelosi would probably not be a great president either, but she's certainly the lesser of two evils. 

...It makes me shudder to have to think seriously about this. :-\
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: moondazed on October 15, 2008, 12:55:44 PM
I'll take Biden over Palin any day of the week! :)

*nods*  Uhuh!!!!
Ons and Offs

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Will1984 on October 15, 2008, 01:00:12 PM
Really, I would have to think that if Palin wound up in office, enough people would put pressure on her that she would resign.  Nancy Pelosi would probably not be a great president either, but she's certainly the lesser of two evils. 

...It makes me shudder to have to think seriously about this. :-\

Like I said. . .nightmares!!!
Ons and Offs