Planescape: To Hell and Back (Pathfinder, Mythic, Exotic, Re-Recruit)

Started by Dakkon, January 16, 2015, 09:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakkon

What would you say if you could meet Sita or Octavia? How about if you were wandering the wilderness of the heavens and encountered Sacagawea,aiding travellers lost and in danger of exposure? How would you react to the movers and shakers of the spiritual realms, all around you? What if such a place was possible?

Welcome to the Planes.

Hello cutters! I've been gone for a spell, but now that I have some free time again, I'd like to get one of my favourite games back up and running. Unfortunately, I was forced to be away since November, so the game's been hit with a bit of attrition. Right now I am looking for one new and original character to join the group. That said, if you wish to take over the roll of a character that has departed the group previously, I am not adverse to that either.

Game Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=203764

The Story So Far...

Our heroes were picked up from the their lives and tossed into the mix together, quite literally. Each was plucked away by some form of magic and found themselves trapped on the first level of the Nine Hells of Baator. After fighting off some of the local colour, they found a map of the local area, along with some treasure. They decided to take their chances with dragons rather than devils, and made their way towards what looked like a mountain of the map where their roost was made. Once their, they proved their mettle in the Gladiatorial arena, attracting the attentions of a lich named Bao, some sort of local high up in the Harmonium. In exchange for their help in a Harmonium matter, Bao promised the group transport off of Baator, and eventually to Sigil, the City of Doors. It was only then that the group learned that they were in no mere mountain, but within the Domain of Tiamet, Queen of Chormatic Dragons! After a brief encounter with the Goddess herself, they were granted leave to travel to Pandemonium, and their close brush with divinity rubbed off on them, leaving them with access to mythic power that only now begins the belay how their fates intertwine with those of all of the planes...

The Heroes:
Marcus - LG Male Minotaur (simplified race) Fighter 3/Warpriest 1
Skin - N Unknown Stable Atraxian (custom race) Harbinger 4
Kairon - LN Male Tiefling Psion 3/Wizard 1

There may also be one more female character still with us, but I'm not sure.

What we need: One replacement character that fills a gap that is missing within the party. Right now that is basically in the areas of diplomacy, dealing with the undead, and healing. The group is currently on the plane of Pandemonium, which is Chaotic with a dash of Evil and themed around madness, although they are in the company of the Harmonium, who are typically Lawful with a side of good. So basically, you could justify pretty much any type of character being introduced, as long as they match with the fluff and crunch below. Please make sure you take note of the equipment houserules.

Setting: Planescape; which means you can be form pretty much any when and anywhere.
Number of Players: Four. I'm going to try and go for an even spread of genders, although that may vary depending on the races that appear.
Level: 4th, Mythic Tier 1
Character Age: 21+, or racial equivalent
Posting Rate: I don't expect daily posts, since I know few people who can keep that rate up, however if you are gone 72 hours without posting in the game thread with no prior notice, I'll be checking in via PM. If that's going unanswered, or happening multiple times, I'll be opening the game back up to someone who can post more regularly. I don't want to be a hardass, but that's what it takes to keep forum games going I'm afraid.
Character selection: I'm going to take selections on whoever can get a character sheet up and running first, with the following provisos. The character needs to fit with the group I've already got. I'm going run everything past my players before I say yes to anyone. I need to see a link to a thread that you've posted in consistently.

The Fluff

Alignment: Any non-evil, at least initially. With that said, everyone in the group need to be able to get along. Asshole evil, preachy good, lawful templar, and chaotic jerk characters should be avoided. I’m uncomfortable running a party that is south of neutral, however, so please take that into account, and there is only one current good character in the party.
Background: Your background can be pretty much whatever you want up until about a 1918-equivalent level of history. Everyone has be transported magically to an unknown realm, so that should be how your background ends. I also request that you include at least one mystery in your background that your character is trying to solve.
Personality: As I said above, your character needs to be trusting enough to work with others without trying to screw them over (… screw them on the other hand…). Keep a game cohesive on the boards is hard enough with characters getting sarcastic with one another.
Appearance: As you please, although a picture is required so that I can use it with our maps, although it doesn’t have to be a perfect representation of your character.
Sexuality: Non-con and sexual relations with anyone under 18 are totally off limits for me. They may pop up, but they are not heroic traits and I have extremely strong feelings about them. The creatures of the afterlife are varied in their forms, so this game will be in the exotic category. Don't expect to get intimate with whoever you want right off the bat. It will take at least some work, although you certainly could greatly expedite that if you play your cards right. Of course, when your potential partner is a succubus or holy angel, well… it should be worth it to put the effort in ;P

The Crunch

Books: All Paizo, including any playtest rules, as long as you are okay adjusting them once the official sourcebook is out. All of Cerulean Seas. All of Dreamscarred Press. Abandoned Art’s Amazing Races and Class Acts. Kobold Press’s Deep Magic. Legendary Game’s Gothic Campaign Compendium and Mythic Minis. ICOSA Entertainment’s Pure Steam. Just give me a heads up for anything outside of Paizo, since I don’t have every last thing memorized. 
Classes: Any from the above sources.
Races: Any standard race is okay.
- If you are using non-standard races, anything with 15 race points or more has a +1 Level Adjustment (including aasimars), and anything above 25 has a +2  LA. Anything below that can be used as is. If you do want to create a custom race, I'll be working with you to build it.
- I have included a number of these races on my Planescape Blog (http://dailyplanescape.tumblr.com/tagged/Simplified-Race), including some dragons if anyone is interested. If there’s something you would like to try, but don’t see, drop me a line, and we’ll see if we can come up with something that’s a close match.
- LA buyoff  rules will be available as you advance in level.
- Races from the books and websites can be used, but keep in mind that most Merfolk and other races who cannot survive on land will be inappropriate for this adventure.
Ability scores: 20 point buy
Hit Points: Full at first level; Half or roll after that.
Equipment: We are using a Balanced Wealth houserule. You may select two minor magical (or technological!) items, along with 400 gp in one-time use items .
Traits: Two traits at character creation, no more by any means.

Thanks for listening bloods! It will be good to see you out there!

Dakkon

I've hit you with a PM Blinkin. As we have previously, I'd be willing to waive that for you, but I also want to reopen Wrath, which would certainly meaning getting Lydia back in action.

Chulanowa

So a diplomancer with some healing ability? I'll have to look over my Mythic book, becuase, well, that's one damn thing I never really bothered looking at  ;D

Also i know next to nothing about Planescape, beyond the bits of sigil one sees in the "Drow of the Underdark" expansion for NWN...

Dakkon

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 16, 2015, 07:28:19 PM
So a diplomancer with some healing ability? I'll have to look over my Mythic book, becuase, well, that's one damn thing I never really bothered looking at  ;D

Also i know next to nothing about Planescape, beyond the bits of sigil one sees in the "Drow of the Underdark" expansion for NWN...
That's fine you don't need to know much about Planescape to jump right in. I'm sure that we can answer any questions you have and lend a hand in character crafting.

Re Z L

Oooh, Planescape  :D

I'll have to see if I can piece something together...
A&A

Mysterica

This is very interesting indeed.  I'd like to lean about Planescape, so I'll have to throw my hat into this ring.

Re Z L

I'm working on an Aasimar Oracle, but was wondering if I could take the spell-like ability off of the race to bring it below the 15 Race Point limit to avoid the +1 LA.
A&A

Dakkon

Quote from: Re Z L on January 18, 2015, 08:21:21 PM
I'm working on an Aasimar Oracle, but was wondering if I could take the spell-like ability off of the race to bring it below the 15 Race Point limit to avoid the +1 LA.
Yes, that should be fair.

Foxfyr

I have been mulling over character concepts in my head and finally settled on a gnome changling shaman; I'll get everything dated and posted sometime tomorrow, just need to think of the mystery that would pertain to my character's plot device.

Chulanowa

...Changeling shaman you say.

*Looks at his halfway-made Changeling shaman. shrugs and tosses* No worries, I'm writing a class guide and am getting kind of sick of hearing about the damned things!  ;D

Hmmm. Maybe try something atypical for me.

Foxfyr

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 19, 2015, 01:50:13 AM
...Changeling shaman you say.

*Looks at his halfway-made Changeling shaman. shrugs and tosses* No worries, I'm writing a class guide and am getting kind of sick of hearing about the damned things!  ;D

Hmmm. Maybe try something atypical for me.

Sorry about that all the same, I didn't see any other mention of a shaman character. ^_^;

As far as the stats, I think I did it correctly according to the homebrew rules. The unmodified stats are 11, 14, 11, 11, 14, 15 with my primary attribute being charisma and the secondary points going to wisdom and dexterity.

Desh Swaileh
Female Changeling, Shaman 4

Character Sheet

Appearance: As with your average changeling, Desh has largely taken on her father’s elven physical traits with tall stature, lithe muscles and curves that are the appeal of elven women, and fair complexion.  Her ears and facial features more resemble a half-elf the way both aren’t as angular as one would expect of a pure elf.  Her hair is as black as raven feathers and long enough to fall just below her shoulders whenever she doesn’t have it tied up.  The tell-tale traits of her true heritage resides in her sharp claw-like nails and her multi-colored eyes; the left being a blue so pale it is almost white and the right being a vibrant cobalt blue.

Background: Though she doesn’t know the truth behind her biological parents, Desh has accepted the belief that her elven biological father was the victim of a compulsion, raped, and subsequently killed by the hag that was her birth-mother.  Of course, she has no way of knowing the truth having been raised by a family of elves after being dropped off on their doorstep without so much as a note.  Despite her suspected cruelty, her birth-mother recognized those who were capable of being compassionate and caring parents as evidence by the ones she chose to care for her newborn daughter.

Knowing nothing of the abandoned baby did not deter Desh’s parents from raising her like their own.  At first, they suspected she was a half-elf who was abandoned out of fear of her being viewed as being lesser in a human society, or perhaps even for the mother to avoid the shame of having a half-breed child.  As Desh grew older, her unusual physical traits became prominent to the point of being impossible to hide the truth of her birth-mother and her adoptive parents had a decision to make.  True to the caliber of people she was left in the care of, Desh was accepted for all that she was and was even given a positive direction of her magical talents once they manifested.  It had come as a wonderful surprise to all that have grown close to Desh that her abilities manifested an affinity for life and its preservation.

Years passed in the loving home and supportive community, it was an ideal upbringing for anybody to live a happy life even if they never left; and yet, there was a persistent thought that always nagged her in the back of her mind.  A question that would only eat away at her if she left it unanswered.  How could my life-aligned magic be a product of a hag’s heritage?  In her mind, it was a situation where either her birth-mother was a being who stood apart from her evil peers or her powers were manifesting from a different source entirely.  It was an answer that would reveal the very core of her being and that never finding the answer would be going through life as somebody who never knew themselves as they truly are.

Desh’s curiosity grew into an obsession as she did all she could to find the origin of her powers, whether the spirit she communed with was of the world itself or inherited from her birth-mother.  After countless months of meditation, communing, and research, she finally found a viable lead in the form of a ritual that would reveal to her the origins of her spirit.  What followed was her being pulled through a rift between realms only to find herself stranded in an alien world with only her faith in believing that the ritual worked in giving her the crucial first step into finding the answer to the question that haunts her.

Personality:Desh carries herself with all the traits of a femme fatale between her seductive charm and mysterious allure.  She has no problem with using honeyed words, lies, or in rare occasions where it actually appeals to her, even sex to get what she wants.  This is largely a front she uses to ensure she has the upper-hand in all matters of life and survival.  Those who are allowed to see beyond this diplomatic armor would find a compassionate woman with a want to belong with those who would treat her as an equal.  While her true nature is no less flirtatious, her words are instead used to entertain with grandiose personal tales told in such a way that often causes the listeners to want to believe the validity in what she says even though their minds have lingering doubts.

Dakkon

Cool. Running Desh past the other players, will try and let you know one way or the other ASAP.

Chloe Milev

Unless you already have the one character you need, I think I'm interested in trying Planescape.  I am just tangentially familiar with the setting, but always wanted to learn.  I've had the idea of the holy version of a succubus, a bed-archon instead of sword/shield/tower/etc, with powers like the Book of Erotic Fantasy's dominator.  That shouldn't be to hard for an aasimar cleric/oracle (hopefully different enough from anyone else with a similar combo...).

Working on a custom LA 0 "bed archon" race, and probably starting as monk (sensei) 2/cleric (evangelist) 2, good at talking and bossing around/assisting allies.  Wisdom to spells, AC, attack, and CMB/CMD, yeah.  If she joins up that is.  Anyone object to angel being hermaphroditic?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Dakkon

Okay, in an effort to get things up and running, and since we do now have at least one submission, I've set up a count down. Once this hits zero in about 54 hours, we will make our choice. Looks good in both the PMs and in the thread, keep it up folks!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150122T17&p0=2&csz=1

Re Z L

Valaina Melethril
Oracle (Life) 4/Mythic (Heirophant) tier 1

Appearance:
Impossibly night-black hair; pure black eyes; long, pointed ears; and very faint golden scales along her legs, ending just below her naval, as well as on her hands extending just past the wrists.

Personality:
Carefree and whimsical by nature, she is often sweet and caring, though her attitude can shift swiftly if she feels it's warranted--extremes can include a happy, bubbly girl one moment, and a cold black widow the next.  Threats to herself or to her friends are what typically trigger the reaction.  An explorer at heart, she looks out for the many possible things she might see or experience in her travels, wherever they may take her.  Not given to guile, she is typically straightforward (in her own way), though regards most situations with at least a little humor.

Biography:
Why her father--whoever he was--was found near a city of elves and had sex with her mother she'll never know.  Her mother never spoke of it, and had little to do with her Aasimar child.  One would assume it had to do with the difficulty of the pregnancy.  She was tended to at great length with a constant stream of healing magics to keep her stabilized, as if the child itself needed to be in an environment rich with Positive Energy.  This led to a more difficult childhood than one might imagine she could have had, but she enjoyed the freedom and made the most of it as she grew.

Her powers manifested slowly over time, though life flourished around her, and the clerics could sense the positive energy welling up within her.  Despite their advances to attempt to presage her into honing her skills she decided to strike out on her own to discover what magic coursed in her veins.  She still had good relations with most of the clerics (some with a more lawful bent regarded her as "trouble" or at least a lost cause), and so eventually fell into favor with the few worshipers of Calistria.  While she learned to revere The Unquenchable Fire, she never really "worshiped" her, instead choosing to simply emulate her in one way or another.  Naturally this led to a great deal of promiscuity.  Of course it also helped her develop as a good listener, with an equally good tongue to soothe with words instead of just deeds--though it wasn't long before she discovered that she sometimes had little control over how she spoke in stressful situations.

An attack on her hometown came with unforeseen consequences.  She stayed with the front line to keep them able to stave off the oncoming tide of Orcs, going so far as to absorb the wounds they sustained into herself.  Each new cut began to glow with a faint white light until finally the magic of her heritage burst forth in a coruscating torrent of positive energy.  Her form took that of a being of pure, holy light keeping her allies healed, though she remained otherwise stationary and cut off from the world.  And like a candle that burns too bright, the magical power inherent within her blood was burned out within a few moments.

However she was completely unaware of this, as she experienced a temporary euphoria while she became life-energy incarnate.  When the supernova of magic imploded in upon itself the transcendent experience ended and she found herself floating in a white void, full of warmth and invigorating energy.  She felt as if she was being held between a pair of hands as a voice whispered into her mind.  As if something that had been sleeping within her suddenly stirred from its slumber she felt a warmth from somewhere within her soul radiating outward.  She cannot recall what the voice said, but instead has a sense of purpose inside of her, a purpose that she'll have yet to discover.

Just as soon as she appeared within the brilliant white realm she vanishes from within only to find herself...

Morality:
A contrivance based on personal guilt--to be guiltless is to be free.  Whimsy dictates her morality, though she tends towards what she feels is "right" in any given situation.

Sexual Background/Preferences:
Bisexual.

Ons & Offs:
No bathroom-play of course and some other weird stuff, but beyond that I'm pretty open...  If you're wondering just check with me first.  Any extra details can be found in my own ons/offs.  ;D

Quote:
"Show me where it hurts."

A&A

LSWSjr

I've got an application incoming, just giving myself a crash course in Pathfinder... I mainly play the somewhat similar Star Wars Saga Edition.  It's going to be an Exiled Modron Cleric :-)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

LSWSjr

BRUC THE EVER-HELPFUL!!!
Exiled 'Vacationing' Modron Cleric 4, Mythic [Guardian] Tier 1

[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]
Background: Bruc is a former member of the Modron Caste structure who, after unexpectedly gaining an understanding of existence beyond its daily functions as a Quadrone, petitioned for exile 'vacation time' from its service to Regulus, with the intention of gaining further insight without the risk of being hunted down and torn apart by Pentadrones.

Free from the Energy Pool and from the Modron Caste structure, its first experience was being forcefully ejected sent forth from Mechanicus, leading to a chicken breaking its fall onto unfamiliar soil.  The sound the now flattened bird had made on impact seemed as good a name as any and soon 'Bruc' was enjoying its independence, by becoming a cleric of its race's leader and sole deity.

As a cleric of Primus, Bruc has spent the last year travelling the planes and helping wherever possible; whether by healing the sick, redeadening the undead, or ensuring younger members of the other races didn't fall prey to illogical delusions of 'wonder' or similar, although this last action usually garners the least enthusiastic response (primarily from parents).

Personality: A loyal and honest being, Bruc is tireless in its service to all, except those damn illogical chaotic types, whilst also taking time to learn the mysteries of the planes, including the answer as to why it became so enlightened a year ago and was put on its current path?  Like most Modrons, Bruc is often perplexed by the poorly defined logic of much of what it encounters, especially the 'emotions' the other races claim to possess.

In combat Bruc stands by its companions until either it or all hostiles are rendered inactive; and whilst it understands death as it applies to the other races, it has no comprehension of what such would mean for it. This leaves Bruc without a fear of death, as fear is one of those purported 'emotions' Bruc is apparently not subject to.

Appearance: A bio-mechanical fusion, with a combination of clockwork and flesh-like parts which fluidly interact as Primus intended; Bruc is a copper colored cube with two arms, two legs, two tiny wings, and numerous other bits and bobs for some other, no doubt important reason.

Sexuality: As common for most genderless boxes, Bruc has often thought on the subject. "Is Bruc sexy?" it would inquire whilst stitching its unconscious companions back together, but they never answered it for some reason; Bruc would assess this was most likely due to the severe blood loss and leave it at that.

+Bruc's Character Sheet+
If someone could check Bruc's sheet and/or help me pick some magic items, I'd really appreciate it

"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Dakkon

What racial stats are you using for the Exiled Mordon LSWSjr? Nevermind, found it at the bottom of the sheet. Checking it over now.

LSWSjr

I got the rules from here: http://thecreaturechronicle.tumblr.com/post/53993207299/modron-exiled, and I also included them in the character sheets' notes section.  It's a Pathfinder update of the rules Paizo originally did for 3.5 :-)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Chloe Milev

Rhialla

Alignment: Lawful Good.  She was quite literally made of it.

Background: When most think of the ultimate in sexual decadence, their first thought is usually of succubi.  Personifications of lust and sensual temptation.  Well those bitches are big teases and will usually kill you and drag your damned ass to hell before you get your rocks off.  Rhialla is on a mission to spread the word that Team Good is not boring, and Bed Archons are here to rock your plane.  Lantern archons are helpful, Hound archons determined, Trumpet archons resounding, and the Bed archons are here to give you a taste of heaven (Celestia specifically).

Like most outsiders, Rhialla was "born" of the spiritual energies of Celestia fully formed, whip in hand ready to pleasure the faithful and punish the wicked (or any volunteers).  For unknown time she was summoned for brief moments to aid in battles, and called by mortal allies to provide services and reward the worthy.  But just a few months ago, she was put on her first remote assignment!  To go down to the mortal realms and provide aid to the worthy, reward the faithful, seduce the wavering, and punish the naughty.  She's been having fun exploring and indulging in mortal life and pleasures, but that's all part of her mission of investigating communities and what needs doing.  Now though, it looks like she's been called again, as she's ripped through another planar veil...

Personality: Bed archons are flexible to appeal to many different tastes, and Rhialla reflects that.  Naturally pretty cock-sure in her mission to aid goodness and law, punishing evil and reigning in chaos, she can be loud and bossy, ordering people around.  She tries to remember that she should be helping mortals rise to their higher potential, instead of solving things herself.  But when the occasion calls, she can instead become demure and placating, or even flirty and kind of a bimbo.  When she wants to, however, she has an almost palpable aura of menace about her, able to send even bugs skittering away with a sharp look.

When not constantly flirting or whatnot, Rhialla is still very excited by trying new foods, only haven been introduced to eating a few months ago.  She's still developing a palette.

Appearance: Medium build, long brown hair (usually in a ponytail), fair unblemished skin, large breasts, long legs, everything is not only unnaturally beautiful, but sensual and practically asking to be groped.  While she has a little white dress for formal occasions, she's usually in black studded leather or tight revealing dresses.

Sexuality: She tries to appeal to everyone and everything, either rewarding a faithful servant of heaven, or helping them resist temptation, or distracting her enemies and letting them underestimate her.  Being a hermaphrodite, she really is equipped to deal with nearly every situation.  Many seem to like the hypersexuality of succubi, but they're not the only kinky perverts, and she enjoys playing up the severe dominatrix to give partners a taste of the dark without the dangers of soul-sucking murder.  But for others that prefer to take the lead, or even turn the tables, she gladly gets bound, blindfolded, and gagged, mewling helplessly, and perhaps wearing little devil horns as a cleric "punishes" a demon.  In any case, unlike succubi teasing while leaving victims unfulfilled, Rhialla gets off on satisfying partners, discovering and acting out fantasies and leaving them edified and a more willing servant of good.

More pics!

"Mom"

Birthday

Casting angelic aspect

Whip it

Punishing a succubus

Overexcited

Human guise

Distraction AC
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Chulanowa

Wow. Not sure i can compete with that modron there, but I'll try!

Name: Roshario
Race: Centaur (using the stats for Alseid, from kobold press' Midgard setting)
Class: Bard
Mythic: Tier 1 Archmage
sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1103923

Background

Roshario's life was mundane enough, if one considers being a carnival attraction "mundane." She was just another attraction in Master Menlo the Magnificent's Marvelous Meandering Menagerie. her earliest memories are of calliope music, the carnival barker calling out to visitors, and the gawping faces of attendants as they marveled at her, the "Horse-Girl from beyond the Emerald Sea" (wherever that was), or any of her friends, like Barsha the beardless dwarf, Iky the kobold trapezist, and the comic skulduggery of Blip, Blop, Blof and Dave, the Goblin Quintuplets (Bliz had an accident with the mastodon. it was unpleasant.) For her part, Roshario was a musician and dancer, more graceful on four legs than most people are on four, and aside from the horsey bits, supposedly remarkably fetching.

But despite the cheery atmosphere, the carnival was entirely under Menlo's iron thumb. The gnome was a master of manipulation and control, and even if someone wished to escape his clutch, he would find a way to keep them. So Roshario found out by accident, when she wandered off to explore the surrounding countryside after a particularly long showing. when the Quintuplets collected her and brought her back to Menlo, he informed her of how much he had paid to buy her. Then how much her board cost. Her costumes. her instruments. her part of the rent he paid for each stop. All of these years. "So you see, my pretty Roshi, that you're stuck with us until all that is paid off!"

This revelation tore at Roshi, especially as she was coming to an age where going everywhere else seemed to be overriding. The second time she slipped away, her reward was a sound beating - not on her pretty face or valuable dancing legs, no, but a beating nevertheless. Suddenly home seemed a lot less fun. She felt she would be doomed to captivity, but fate thought otherwise. While ferrying across a small gulf towards the islands of a rich prince, a freak storm came from the southwest, sending the ferry and its occupants to the bottom. Well, most of the occupants.

Roshi awoke on a foreign shore, with nothing more than her sodden clothing, a warped flute, and a bad case of sunburn. She waited nearly three days, until she realized that Menlo wasn't going to crawl out of the water to collect her, and she answered her hungry belly. From village to hamlet to town she traveled this land, learning new songs, meeting new people. She traveled with adventurers, fought gnolls and goblins and kobolds, and learned some elementary magic to enhance her performance and to keep her traveling allies hale and hearty. And every step, it seemed, led her ever eastward. Towards the Emerald Sea.

At the oasis town of Khargat, she parted ways from the caravan she was traveling with, and her companions of nearly two years - they had urged her not to go, but the draw of finding out about her people was too great to ignore! Sadly the reality was... far from imagination. The centaurs of the Emerald Sea were large, brutish. warlike creatures. She was a runt among their number, and frustratingly, a mare in their stallion-dominated society. The few magics she knew were noted, but hardly as impressive as the terrors called from the sky by the storm shamans, or the powerful fate-weavings of the boneseers. Unable to find a place among "her people" that didn't involve being the least member of some bataar's harem, she decided to explore.

She found a niche as a lore-hunter, learning about the tribes of her people, their allies, enemies, and trade partners. She traded songs and stories, and even found herself adopting some of their primal ways (her own attempts to teach them about her own favored traditions largely fell on deaf ears, however.) One notion in particular seemed a recurring theme; that the centaur tribes had once been one people, united, under a great bataar, whose tomb was now lost forever. Piqued, she followed every story she could about this "Great bataar," and followed it ever northward, into the cold steppes.

There, in lands declared taboo by the existing tribes, she found ruins. Ancient kurgans marked the death-sites of mighty chieftains, obelisks sang praises to bataar and kings and dragons and all manner of mighty things. The further she traveled, the more magic seemed to fill the air, until she reached the monolith. Standing out of a shallow valley in the countryside, it was a pillar of black iron, worked smooth by tireless hands, inscribed with odd sigils and markings. Two days, she spent studying the thing, mouthing out the inscriptions. When she finally sounded them together, each rune lit in a pale violet flame, until the whole rockface glowed. Curiosity overriding her common sense, she reached out to touch the iron...

And fell through the portal, a hole punched between planes by the descent of this object. Once again, she found herself on foreign shores, arcane energies still flickering around her, seeping into her... When it was gone, she felt eyes upon her and, looking skyward, saw beauty itself. Even her agile tongue and quick mind can't quite put together what it was she saw, but it's left her changed, and with a determination to find out all she can about where she has found herself...

Personality:
   Roshario can come across as a naif to many people. she assumes the best (at first), is always looking to meet new and interesting people, and is more prone to curiosity than is probably healthy. Some might even assume she's a little... touched. But hte truth is, she's an optimist, something hard to find in most worlds in the material, let alone the planes. She genuinely likes people (and other things) and wants to know their stories. But beyond the propensity towards non-sequitors and rambling "plans," she's actually pretty sharp, even cunning, in her way. when things go down, she's ready to go.

Appearance:
   Anyone familiar with centaurs would be quite surprised by Roshario; for one, she's small and slight of build, more like a deer than a powerful warhorse, more like an elf than the ogrish brutes of the steppes. her hair - both her tresses and her long tail - are a flaxen blonde, most often gathered into braids or tails, often decorated with bells and chimes. Her eyes are a clear, liquid brown color, set into a sun-warmed but otherwise fair face, dotted with a few freckles. Her torso is lithe and limber, her bare arms and exposed belly showing supple muscle. Below there, her body takes the form of a slender buckskin horse or pony, powerful yet slim legs each ending in a single hoof (painted, when she can find time). her garb is sparse, usually consisting simply of some short or vest to cover her breasts, and a simple harness around her hips and withers to carry gear.

Sexuality:
   Roshario reveres Shelyn, who teaches there is beauty in all things. So far as Roshario can tell, that adage is usually true. Unfortunately a lot of things out there don't want or like beauty. From among those who do, however, Roshario's seen no cause to be overly picky. Of course, the fact that her anatomy is exactly what you'd think it would be has made things more difficult. Roshario is a pansexual, with her only real limits for a lover being of an intelligent species with a basically humanoid form... but really it all comes down to the individual, doesn't it?

I'm hoping to advance her towards a Paladin or Cleric of Shelyn, possibly taking advantage of the Dual Path Feat to do so.
Some details:

Racial stats

Hit die roll: 1d8 + 3, 8, 8, +1 Con per die, +5 FCB, +3 Mythic teir = 39
I'm not 100% sure i understand the alternate WBL system going on there; I constructed my sheet using standard pathfinder rules and just left equipment off.

LSWSjr

Roshario looks great Chulanowa, I gotta say, I'm a big fan of centaurs!!!

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

LSWSjr

Less than two hours till the deadline, good luck to my fellow applicants :-)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Chloe Milev

If the decision is still in progress, I think I'll withdraw from the running.  I believe I'm joining another RP, so entering this one too would be overtaxing it.  But have fun lost in space.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Dakkon

After a great deal of consideration, we are going have Loki Aesir and his character Desh Swaileh join our group. Thank you all for you characters and your hard work.

Loki, could you please post your character sheet in our OCC thread. I'll be making another post in our game thread soon to introduce you and get things rolling again.

Chulanowa