Cthulhutech Game Interest check

Started by Paladin, February 13, 2009, 10:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

So I love Cthulhutech, and its the perfect enticle game of horror and Sexuality can be involved very easily. I'm checking to see who would be interested.

Heres a site link.

http://www.cthulhutech.com/

Heres a Wiki Link

http://cthulhutech.wikidot.com/

Ok Folks Heres the List of Everyone. I am not sure if all these people are still playing or not.

Shihong - Soldier (Aproved & Posted)
Foxy - Spy (Aproved & Posted) (Prelude going on now)
Cryorage -Occult Scholar (Aproved & Posted)
Muse - Shadow Tager (Aproved & Needs to be Posted)
TrippingSerpent - Occolt Scholar (Aproved & needs to be posted)
Swedish Steel - (Needs to be submistted for approval)
Mnemaxa - (Needs to be submistted for approval.) Is he still playing?
Lorelei - (Needs to be submistted for approval) Is she still Playing?
ZK - (Has Stepped out but is welcome anytime)

Ok Folks Tomorrow at Midnight my Time is the deadline for character submissions for starting players. After that I will work you in where and when I can. Also don't forget that you can get up to 3 extra cheat points if you get detailed. You will get 1 point for an apropriate picture and you will get 2 popints for filling out a list like Shihong did about Personality, Aspirations, Motivations, Family, Frieds, Childhood, and adult life.

Heres the OOC Thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=37321.0

Prefect Mos

If your willing to run, And I prefer d20 cthulu , then im deffinitly in.

Foxy

I am all for a game of mechanical toys and tentacles.   :D

I have the gurps system or I am fine with free form.

Prefect Mos

Hmmm.. Gurps.. never actually played it but Interested...

Paladin

well unfortunatly I don't have burps and d20 cthulhu just dosnt work for me. However I can get you guys the PDF of the main book for the system if you want to look at it.

Prefect Mos

Shhh.. don't say that.

Creeper

I have the main book, but I don't like the (unique) system it uses. I'd be happy with Gurps or d20 or freeform or some alternate system. If so you can count me interested.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Paladin

You don't like the system? Please explain whats bothering you about the system. I actually found it a rather refreshing diffrence from other systems and it was Fairly simplistic to me.

It will be the books I use as I don't know Gurps and I'm NOT real big on D20 but I can look at the Rules in an expansion book that I have that allows you to use cards I think and has a diffrent way of adding the numbers tougether. Otherwise I can try and fidge something tougether. Or if you guys want a more freeform setting I could make all the Rolls for you guys.

Foxy

I would be willing to look at the system. I use to play the old CoC game.

Prefect Mos

It is committing another system to memory. D20 might be simplistic but its realy good at covering the baises and being able to be left open. Gurps is the same way but a lot more complicated. There are few systems that ADD to the story rather then just being a set of rather arbitrary rules of verifying realism... Casstle Falkenstine is the one system i can think of were the rules add substance to the game and theres a clear, good reason for a unique system.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Paladin on February 13, 2009, 11:44:21 PM
well unfortunatly I don't have burps and d20 cthulhu just dosnt work for me. However I can get you guys the PDF of the main book for the system if you want to look at it.

By that I will presume you mean directing people here

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=57388

where they can legally purchase the PDF of Cthuhlutech, hmm?

Because if you meant anything else I would have to take official notice.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Paladin

Yes Hairy, or I would actually buy the PDF for them. I actually work for Flaming Cobera as a demo person. I don't think I'm going to screw with one of the two companies that can pay my way to GenCon now do you? The other company I demo for is Mongoose Publishing

HairyHeretic

Moongoose do nice stuff. I have a bunch of the B5 Wars, and the Battlefield Evo has a dedicated following around my local club. I'll now cease the hijacking of your thread :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

No please hijack away. I'm not big on Evo but SST minies I loved.

HairyHeretic

We have a wargamers bunker thread that such discussion is better suited to. Its in the off topic section.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

Creeper

It's difficult to explain, but I just found them too cumbersome. It'd have to be an alternate system to get my interest.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Paladin

Well what if I as the Gm did all the rolls?

Prefect Mos

You need to know your chances of success in any given system. In the real world its complex to do.. but your emotional brain does it for you and you react almost instantly. In a fantasy world that's not the case, the beauty of d20 is that its realy simple to use lightly as rules, and its almost universally known. Gurps is more realistic, but less well known.

Paladin

well its also a sytem that tries to do everything. I'm sorry will but I won't be using it. I may adjust the existing ctech system so its easier to do or do freeform

ok folks we have 3 choices.

1: Run Freeform with the books as a setting. (I will still have you make characters as a way to judge how goo you are at something but no rolls would need to be made)

2: Redo the Ctech system to something like roll D10 and add rather than the Roll and look for Straights or Flushses that is is now)

3: I roll everything for you guys. (More pressure on me but I don't mind)

ZK

Ooh, I want to play. But main question is this. What form of CTech?

Tager, Soldier or Engel?
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Prefect Mos

MY question is why do you hate D20 and gurps so much?

ZK

Ctech doesn't really work with d20 or GURPS unless you wish to change a lot of mechanics and how the game is delivered.

I for one don't hate d20, but I prefer the CTech's own dice system as apposed to it. It isn't a level based game.

As for GURPS, no opinion on it as I have no experience.

As for Paladin's thing, I don't think he wants to alienate the game further by changing the rules, I guess why he offered freeform as an alternative instead of optional dice system.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

ShamshielDF

You could always go with Hero Sytem (5th ed. rev.)...Our table top groups love the system as, while it is a bit more work up front, the system is infinitely flexible and very easy to use (once you're past character creation, at least).  Its about the closest that I've found to a free form game with solid rules, if that makes sense?  We've run sci-fi future, high fantasy, modern, super hero and urban fantasy games with the base rules.  

The basic rules (known as the sidekick) are available through their site (https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=192011) or through drivethruRPG (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=19009&it=1).  The Sidekick book covers the basics of character creation and powers.  The full book has more examples, more complicated powers and basic information on genres.  The full system is much more comprehensive ^_^  Also, the game shop thought that it was a college text >.<

Looking over the Cthulutech stuff, I really like the art!  The flavor of the universe is interesting, and the style of characters sounds intriguing...I would have to say that I'm very interested, though er...they certainly know what they want for it.  A hard copy of the Cthulhutech book is $50 for 288 pages, which is the same as the main book for Hero system, weighing in around 600 pages.  If the art in the book is anything like it is on the site...hrmmmm...
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

ZK

CTech is quality material. I have both a pdf of the original bit and the hard copy color of the new. You're paying mainly for hardcover and the fact it's in complete color. The Mongoose version was 40 USD for a black and white hard cover.

Most games now days standard at around 30-40 for black and white on hard copy. Usually those with full color tend to go for a lot more, especially when it's a non-combined system. (I.E. one book to rule them all, as apposed to D&D formula of needing three).