News:

Main Menu

Orcs must die!

Started by Samael, October 09, 2011, 06:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samael

Anyone tried it yet?
Apparently it's out on XBL, but it'll only be released on steam in a few days.

I tried the demo and it's tons of fun.
Essentially it's an FPS approach to tower defense/dungeon keeper, in that you need to build traps and stop hordes from orcs to reach a nexus behind you. The demo only has 3 maps, but it's immensely entertaining.

It's also nice that it doesn't take itself all too serious, and the character you play as is pretty much Ash from Army of Darkness mixed with Johnny Bravo.

Orcs Must Die: Reveal Trailer
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Aiden

I am a huge orc fan and this game looks amazing!

The trap element reminds me of the one game I used to play on the PS1 about defending your home against invaders.

Xanatos

I'm not a huge fan of games like that, but it looks hilariously awesome. I probably won't get it, but I could see myself buying it cheaply.

Wolfy

So...it's Gears's Horde Mode all the time?

Ryven

This looks like a lot of fun!

Shjade

I find myself disinterested mainly because you don't seem to have any character customization options at all.

I'm such a gamer snob.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Wolfy

Quote from: Shjade on October 09, 2011, 11:32:52 PM
I find myself disinterested mainly because you don't seem to have any character customization options at all.

I'm such a gamer snob.

Then Dungeon Defender should be right up your alley...or dungeon defences..or whatever the **** it's called. @_@

Shjade

Nah. I looked at it, just didn't seem interesting.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Samael

Well, I tried it out (The Demo is on steam), and it's pretty fun.
It seems most of it will come from the way you can combine the devilish traps into fun combinations, like catapulting orcs into walls full of moving saws, and such, which will be great. The game's also just 12 bucks, so, I'm seriously considering grabbing it.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Crazy

I saw the video on Steam and bought it right away,  it excited me in a way no game has before.

After I paid for it I saw the demo,  and played through it.  I'm less excited about this game coming out now.   I find it hard to believe they can make the game challenging.  Floor spikes = all you need.

Save your money on this one.  I'm really psyched about Payday: The Heist -  I think that will be the next L4D.

NotoriusBEN

Im not sure of the track record of the company that made this game, but I know the game is good and fun. But it would have been orders of magnitude greater if it had co-op and 4player modes along with the single player mode.

I think that's my only concern... I want to play this with my room mates and I cant...