One Crew to Rule it All (Fantasy Gangland RP) Recruiting Now!

Started by Revenent, March 20, 2012, 11:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVariableX

City domination might be a big goal.   Maybe a season 2 goal  ;) . How about just a single gang trying to not get themselves all killed and absorbed by bigger gangs.
NEW: I'm travelling and will be unavailable until about the 26nd
On/Off   Story Requests

Revenent

True. I was thinking of a The Warriors-like scenario, where we have a smaller gang in a crappier neighborhood that's basically just trying to defend itself from the bigger gangs. Then, maybe, one of the other less widespread gangs, like the Maidenhood or the slumdogs in the Unleashed, try to muscle in on the territory, escalating until our gang takes theirs out and ends up with little more power and notoriety than anyone expected.

PeacethatPowerbrings

I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

TheVariableX

Quote from: RevenantSounds like I'm hearing a lot of faeries, elf, nymphs, and angels, so if we were to stick everyone in one gang, it would probably either be the Light of Dawn(not idea), the Maidenhood, or an entirely new one. Does anyone object to it being about a single gang seeking city-wide domination, since it looks like we're having a smaller group?

The Maidenhood: An almost entirely female gang of nymphs, elementals, and Fae folk, they're actually a lot more threatening than the other gangs give them credit for. Their main business is in prostitution (sometimes of their own members, who are usually willing).

The Light of Dawn: The most powerful group in the city, they've managed to pull in a huge number of do-good followers from across the state thanks to their guise of good-will and charity. In reality, this group of angels is corrupt as Hell (pun intended) and practically owns the city's entire business district. Thanks to their army of knights, paladins, and priests, not even the Brothers Fallen can loosen their grip on the city.

Either gang works for me.  I would probably prefer an angel, so the Light of Dawn would be my first choice.  It's hard to say, but I suspect more people lean the other way, which for me would also be fine.
On/Off   Story Requests

Revenent

Well, you're the second one to make mention of possibly going with the Light of Dawn, but I honestly don't see that working. What's the fun in following around a gang that's already stronger than every other one, so there wouldn't even be any challenge or sense of danger? It'd either have to be one of the smaller gangs (pretty much anything but the Light of Dawn or the Brothers Fallen), or an entirely new gang altogether, which is the option I'm really leaning toward since it would help people pick whatever race and style of character they want.

Of course, that doesn't preclude people from making secondary characters that are parts of other gangs, either as NPCs, enemies, or future members to the focus gang. :-)

TheVariableX

I thought Light of Dawn was your suggestion, or was it more correctly a counter-suggestion?

Ok well a brand new gang works fine for me.  I think I will go for the beautiful angel slumming it with her strong and dominant interracial boyfriend.  If anyone wants to be my characters worse half, let me know.

On/Off   Story Requests

Urbanzorro

I'm interested, especially in the idea of a brand new gang. Though I am curious, would the new gang be made up of anyone/who-ever or would it fit more into a set group like those already listed?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

I had this idea myself a long time ago! I'm in for this!
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Revenent

Well, my internet's busted until I get the crap modem they gave us looked at tomorrow, so I won't be able to get the character sheet up earlier than that. I'll try to make it quick, though.

summoner2183

JuliettaRossi

I'd be up for play as well. Sounds like all the women want to be elves/fae etc. I'd have to add into that as an elf (already have the character ready) unless I'm just plain old human (hey, why not - unless there are none, and then well...yeah). I'd like to possibly play a tougher/rougher role if possible - security, spy, assassin, etc. Someone else mentioned the possibility of a club/bar that would be neutral ground. Perhaps they are in need of a bartender?

Revenent

Yes, we're still open for as many people as want to play! Sorry for the delay, everyone. Expect a character sheet up some time tomorrow, along with my own character as an example, hopefully.

And Julietta, I'm not sure we're going with the whole neutral ground bar idea, since we're not doing multiple gangs, but playing a tougher role is fine. Considering how many elves and prostitutes are popping up, we'll probably need one. ::)

JuliettaRossi

Hello,

No, I knew you hadn't specifically said you were (about the bar), but it sparked a bit of interest with me (it's also an element used in some of the book series I'm reading right now by Sherrilyn Kenyon - the bar is called Sanctuary). I'll get a character sheet up by tomorrow to see what you think :)

Urbanzorro

I had a question, are you willing to accept orc/ork characters? I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to play but I just want to know what the options are.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Revenent

Who doesn't love a big, green piece of cannon fodder, Zorro? ;D Go ahead and make an orc, if that's what you decide to do.

The character sheet template is up now, everyone, so start posting your characters up at your own leisure. PM me if you have any questions, and by all means, feel free to get creative. :-)

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Zed

Race: Faerie.

Appearance: Standing only five-foot tall, making above-average for a fairy, she is is most often seen flying, or hovering, just off the ground, to allow her to be able to avoid talking up to almost everyone. She most often wears extremely colourful but messy fashions, with a corset, or an excessive number of belts. Glowing accessories are common, but she will often dress for a client, if they are a regular.

Sexual Preference: Pansexual

Former Gang: The Maidenhood

Gang Position: Prostitute, Contract Killer

Weapon of Choice: Machine Pistols, Submachine Guns, Pistols. 3 Glock-18s, 1 of those, suppressed, all with 33 round clips. An FN P90, and a Five-Seven pistol.

Additional Skills: Stealthiness, trickster magic (camouflage, creating decoys, faerie fire), Pixies (not a skill persay, but she has several pixies, who can generally be seen following her around. They live with her and assist her, they were with her from birth. They do general tasks, like cleaning her weapons, maintaining them, helping her dress in ways that wouldn't strictly be possible without help.)

Personality: Fun, energetic, carefree.

Bio: As a member of the Maidenhood by birth, she joined the gang like any other young Fae might, becoming a prostitute, and learning the skills to be as dangerous as any of the Maidenhood's members. She was, more so, in general, but ended up leaving the gang when she realized that the Maidenhood considered themselves to be in peacetime, and wished to limit her. She is a believer in the idea that the Maidenhood should have ruled the city, but lacked the power to push for that vision. As a result she left the gang, reasoning that it would be better that the Fae be part of something that grew as the city did, and didn't stagnate in complacency. Or, as she might put it, 'something slow.'

Revenent

Firstly...

Zed - Approved

Very nicely done, Peace, and I encourage anyone else doing a prostitute character to also considering having double role, since that will mean more diversity. I don't know where she's going to hide all those guns, though.

Secondly, I added an optional Theme Song bit to the character app, since I know a lot of people like doing those.

Finally, and I know this is probably something I should have thought about and brought up before, but I'm allowing everyone to make two characters to start with, if they wish, so if you had multiple ideas, you can go with at least two of them right now. I may increase it again later, depending on how the RP progresses, but for now, two should be good.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Revenent on April 02, 2012, 12:52:07 PM
Firstly...

Zed - Approved

Very nicely done, Peace, and I encourage anyone else doing a prostitute character to also considering having double role, since that will mean more diversity. I don't know where she's going to hide all those guns, though.

Thank you.

She's a faerie, I assume she can probably find a way. Hammerspace maybe. :P

Pink Professional

I'm having trouble deciding between a Werewolf or a Possessed mage/Devil combo...

Defiantly going to go with some sort of 'Duality' theme. This RP screams duality to me.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I have been away for a while, but if you're still accepting applications...

Name: DJ...Which those closest to her know is for "Drowning Jenny" rather than "Disk Jockey"

Age: Appears to be somewhere in her late teens, in human years, but her point of view betrays at least several decades of consciousness as an elemental...Not all of it contiguous.

Race: Water elemental/Nixie

Appearance: Appears to be a humanoid female with delicate, somewhat elfin features in her late teens...Who is composed entirely of water. She often goes about almost completely covered, damp gloves and boots and clinging clothing, even a gossamer veil over her face that clings moistly and shows every attractive contour, but in the rain, or in the presence of relatively pure water, it is likely to all come off as she absorbs her element, letting the silt and muck of the city slide from her.

( Art by S@e, from http://pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=13232953 )

(Wow, frequently-inaccessible website is frequently inaccessible. Uploaded the image to tumblr for when Japan is too busy to respond to U.S. image requests.)

Sexual Preference: Any and all are welcome. <--- I'll just leave this part here.

Former Gang: A member of the Maidenhood for some time now.

Gang Position: She has fulfilled the roles of both a button-man and a spy, and is not averse to earning coin on the side from those who find her exoticism interesting.

Weapon of Choice: Water. Beware her kiss when she really means it.

Additional Skills: Can shape water (think in terms of 'water-bending' from Avatar) in numerous ways, even firming its surface to allow others to walk on it. Can go anywhere about fifteen or so gallons of water can go...

Personality: At her best, DJ is bubbly, even sparkling, a girl with an effervescent character, but she certainly has dark, hidden depths, stagnant with suppressed hatred and deep currents of rage. She is a difficult girl to pin down -- except when she wants to be. For reasons which should be eminently apparent, she isn't terribly fond of dirt and grime, and she utterly hates and loathes uncontrolled fire.

Bio: DJ (Certainly not her real name) was summoned to the city by one of the dark wizards of the Brothers Fallen, bound with magic to be a slave...A role which entailed muchly what she does now for the Maidenhood, but with much less choice in the matter of her victims or her company. It was the Maidenhood who rescued her, unintentionally, and she has been loyal since. She is a fickle creature, alternately playful and lethal, delighting in the dark and hedonistic pleasures of the city and cursing its impurity. She has been known to say that the only pure water here falls from the sky, or from the hands of priests. Her mood does seem to vary somewhat with how murky the water that contains her spirit is -- she's most pleasant and thoughtful when she's had some time in fresh rain, and as she becomes darker with the city's own silty water, the dust and dreck that she absorbs when she forgets and lets her self touch the world around her without intervening cloth, she becomes steadily more bitter, vicious, and nasty. This is predictable enough that occasionally the Maidenhood makes effort to procure fresh water simply to keep her, if not 'controlled', then at least pacified and less abruptly dangerous.

Theme Song (optional): 306 - Emilie Autumn Lyric Video
Some Explanatory Numerology: Between April of 1795 and September of 1801, three-hundred and six bodies were pulled from the river Seine in Paris. The highest number found in one day was sixteen. One of these bodies was the young girl known as L'Inconnue de la Seine whose identity was never discovered, but whose death mask became one of the most popular and beautiful faces of its time, one which was reproduced until recently as the face of the CPR practice dummy "Resuscitation Annie".

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

TheVariableX

But... you know, with wings.
Name: Charisma Fairchild

Race: Angel

Appearance:  Charisma spends most of her time in expensive clothes or nothing at all.  She is very attentive to her looks, especially keeping her wings clean.  Her natural flowing blonde hair tends to be dyed darker colors.  Extremely alluring eyes.

Sexual Preference: Very submissive sexually.  Prefers men, but will sleep with women when instructed.  Is drawn to abusive relationships and dominant bad boys.

Former Gang: No prior gang affiliation.

Gang Position: Spiritual healer / nurse and sometimes prostitute.

Weapon of Choice: Aside from her healing magic and a few night classes of self defense, she could probably spray and pray with a sub machine gun.

Additional Skills: Healing touch, flight, knowledge of hospitals and modern medicine commensurate with her training as a nurse, Daddy's demon lawyer on speed dial.

Personality: I'm going to wait on this.    Kind hearted, aloof, attracted to self-destruction.

Bio: Charisma was raised in a good home, and a religious one.  Her rich parents sent her to a good college, but her innate ability to heal made her a bit lazy, and instead of graduating as a doctor to please her parents, she settled on becoming a nurse.  Charisma enjoys her job, and enjoys healing people.  She used to do a lot of charity work and was an upstanding if naive member of the angel community.  She doesn't say what happened, but at some point Charisma developed a lusting for big cock and controlling men.  She flew from one bad boyfriend to another, and most had various gang ties.  Charisma has gone beyond flirting with bad boys from the wrong side of town and is now in a noticeable downward spiral.

Theme Song (optional): To be decided
On/Off   Story Requests

Azaria

I'll be starting off with one character sheet, if it's approved I'll get the other one going :D

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Síla

Age: 20 in appearance, unknown in reality {can be edited}

Race: Fire Elemental

Appearance: Her clothes when she was in the Maidenhood consisted mainly of two colours, black and gold. She was particularly in love with an outfit of black corset, tight trousers and stiletto boots. All made of leather. Accompanied by a leash. The outfit contrasted with her natural red hair, pale skin and grey eyes. When she left the gang, she kept the colours but the style of clothes varies.

Sexual Preference: Pansexual

Former Gang: The Maidenhood

Gang Position: Prostitute, contract killer and interrogator.

Weapon of Choice: Fire, she controls fire and is able to summon it at will. As an assassin she can't always kill by fire as the victims may escape, so she usually uses a twin blade dagger always hidden snugly on her thigh.

Additional Skills: Stealthiness, spying and hypnotism.

Personality: She has the temper of fire, flourishes in open air and gets moody when contained between walls for a long time. 

Bio: Síla was summoned by a dark wizard who used her as weapon to destroy his enemies. When he tried to turn her into his sex slave she rebelled and eventually escaped. Roaming the streets she met one of the Maidenhood's gang and she was accepted as a recruit, climbing ranks quickly they begin to fear her growing influence and attempt to contain her. She rebels once more and is now back to the streets and earns her living by playing the role of a stripper/prostitute in a club. {subject to edit}

Theme Song (optional): None, for now

Ironwolf85

count me in, what sort of powerlevel are you guys thinking
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Pink Professional

4 beautiful whores already ?

Jacklin will be pleased

summoner2183

Name: Rutilus

Race: Centaur

Appearance: Rutilus looks like the average centaur, but the only difference is that he likes to keep his brown hair neatly trimmed. He also wears padded leather armor with a bit of chain mail and bulletproof vest under it.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Former Gang: The Unleashed due to some... issues some of the higher ups in the gang has with him and his attitude towards others. He has just recently become a free agent, though he still keeps does jobs discreetly former his former Gang. He also does some side jobs for the Maidenhood as well as the Gravediggers at some point though he found them to be a bit surly and gruff for his tastes. But he has been really looking forward to belonging to a group again someday.

Gang Position: Ambassador, Healer

Weapon of Choice: Although he is a healer and an ambassador, he also knows that he has to defend himself. That is why he always carries throwing knives and a dagger, as well as an extendable staff that he slings on his back. He also has the bow, which all centaurs have, and while he is averse to guns, he carries a Heckler and Koch Mark 23 pistol.

Additional Skills: He is very talented in being a negotiator as he always knows the right thing to say. He is also a bit of prodigy in the art of healing, and is able to heal people using half the amount of mana compared to anyone, and is able to brew healing potions rather effortlessly.

Personality: Rutilus is quite a friendly person, eager to help out to boost the relationships between his faction and usually turns a blind eye at whatever enmities his faction has for others. He is also compassionate towards the people who are hurt, and being a healer he does not discriminate about the people that he heals. The only thing that makes him a little uncomfortable is that how hypocritical some of the factions of the city were, and he finds himself rather angry at what they do.

Bio: Rutilus has always been part of the herd that was the Unleashed. At first he was trained in the art of killing as all centaur were, but as time goes by the leader of the Unleashed noticed that he was quite adept in soothing some rather frayed tempers that sometimes run in the herd. And that wasn't just with the centaur members of the herd... but others as well. He also noticed that Rutilus was quite a prodigy in healing and potion making from one of his chief healers, and that soon made him think about the role he wanted Rutilus to have. One day, Rutilus was summoned before the leader, and to the surprise... and a bit of his pride he was named one of the ambassadors of the Unleashed as well as Assistant Chief Healer to his gang.

Theme Song (optional): Just for a bit of fun.