The Fallen Knight - Explore Gotham post-Batman! (Still Seeking!) (LGBTQA+)

Started by Doomsday, January 22, 2016, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on January 23, 2016, 07:25:17 AM
As much as I'd love to play out Selina Kyle (Catwoman I) I expect her to be a pretty critical part of the story line and I can't commit to anything that TOO many people are dependent on. That being said, I would LOVE to play Black Canary or Holly Robinson (Catwoman II) if they're secondary characters in the overall arc. Normally I wouldn't join a group game and I'm normally a Marvel guy over DC but man I love these gals too much! ^_^

Also, this is contingent on the GMs being okay with a Lord playing a female character. Although not a strict rule a peak in my posting history will tell you I play almost entirely female characters. :)
Whichever character you pick, I'm sure you'll do them justice!
And also, we are fine with lords playing ladies, and vice-versa. Why, one of our male gms is playing a female character!

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on January 23, 2016, 06:47:42 AM
Thinking it might be fun. I have an old Huntress sheet I think I can repurpose for this, from one that never really went too far.
I look forward to seeing it! Huntress can be a real fun character

Darwishi

*skims through plot, rules, setting, location of game*  Hmm.  Definitely interested!  The potential for NC stuff is pretty intriguing as is playing an original character.  No Batman in Gotham is really interesting as well.  I'll have to read more in depth, but I'm very interested.  I probably won't do any of the canon characters justice... save for Black Canary or Huntress but I think I saw those two were already claimed by other folks. 

JamesSureWould

Just remember, we work by quality not speed when it comes to applications. So if we get two character sheets for black canaray within a day or two,  we'll use the one we like better.

And there is no 'claiming' a character. The only way to stop people from applying with a character is to submit an application good enough to get accepted by the three gms

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Darwishi

Quote from: JamesSureWould on January 23, 2016, 10:46:38 AM
Just remember, we work by quality not speed when it comes to applications. So if we get two character sheets for black canaray within a day or two,  we'll use the one we like better.

And there is no 'claiming' a character. The only way to stop people from applying with a character is to submit an application good enough to get accepted by the three gms

I'll keep that in mind.  I'm leaning towards an original character anyway. 

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Crash on January 23, 2016, 10:52:45 AM
Any chance you would let someone play Zatanna?

A slightly hesitant yes is the answer there. We're not oppossed to someone playing Zatanna, but, becausee of how game breaking she could be in the wrong hands, we can't exactly issue a blanket 'yes'.
That begin said, I've played with in group games with you before and you've always seemed like a responsible player. So, put in an application and we'll go from there.

Darwishi

I'm actually leaning towards a heroine that I have that goes by Urban.  You can find a profile here.  I just want to know if this type of character would be allowed, if so, then I'll convert her over to the current format of profiles and we can tweak her here and there. 

Alias

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on January 23, 2016, 06:47:42 AM
Thinking it might be fun. I have an old Huntress sheet I think I can repurpose for this, from one that never really went too far.

Welcome, and hello! I feel bad, your profile name is my character name .... *straightens skirt nervously*

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on January 23, 2016, 07:25:17 AM
As much as I'd love to play out Selina Kyle (Catwoman I) I expect her to be a pretty critical part of the story line and I can't commit to anything that TOO many people are dependent on. That being said, I would LOVE to play Black Canary or Holly Robinson (Catwoman II) if they're secondary characters in the overall arc. Normally I wouldn't join a group game and I'm normally a Marvel guy over DC but man I love these gals too much! ^_^

Also, this is contingent on the GMs being okay with a Lord playing a female character. Although not a strict rule a peak in my posting history will tell you I play almost entirely female characters. :)

Do not fret about the story line of our humble RP just yet. There should be only one real limitation to your character selection at this point, and that is who the GM's have already claimed. Given, there are three of us, and that takes away four characters, the plotline is more maleable that you might first imagine. We will be able to work around (almost) any proposed character. What I mean to say is that the plotline that the three og us have planned is adaptable and ready for (all) characters. And of course, we have no problem with your preference to play women, as JSW already noted on.

Quote from: JamesSureWould on January 23, 2016, 10:46:38 AM

JSW is correct. We are not laying claims like kings here. We are accepting applications, it is not first come first serve.

Ace Flyer

Working on a CS for Selina Kyle! :D Debating writing up a few others for a safety net...Might try to squeeze in John Constantine, and maybe an OC...

Diesel Heart

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Doomsday on January 22, 2016, 11:37:27 PM
Character Notes...

• Characters should be ultimately good. The characters aren’t assassins or mercenaries. They might act like guns for hires, they might kill if things get bad, but they will ultimately do the right thing.
  • The more influential a character is and/or the more powerful they are, the more scrutiny we will put on your sheet.
  • Villains are, for the moment, not up to be PCs. This may change later, so let us know if there is a villain that you would want to play, but don’t start writing a character sheet for it just yet.
  • Re-imaging a character is fine. We are fine with genderbent character and shifting ages/backstories/etc. But the important part is that you stay true to the spirit of the character. If you wanna turn Tim Drake in Tina Drake, the smart hispanic girl, rock on. But if you want to make Tim Drake the dumb Robin, then we will have issues
  • Original characters are fine, but try to keep them in the vein of other canon characters. It should be noted that we will give more scrutiny to OC applications than we would to canon characters.
  • We ultimately prefer quality of posts over speed; Thus, multiple people can submit sheets for the same character, we will decide which, if any, get the spot based on those criteria.
  • One character to start. We’ll start to let people submit secondary characters once we think you’ve shown you’re a good and reliable player.

:P

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Ace Flyer on January 23, 2016, 11:37:56 AM
Working on a CS for Selina Kyle! :D Debating writing up a few others for a safety net...Might try to squeeze in John Constantine, and maybe an OC...
Just remember Ace, One character to start and there are no promises of getting a secondary Character.
That being said, glad to see that you're interested in the game!

Quote from: WardenIce on January 23, 2016, 11:38:32 AM
I didn't even know we could do OCs.
Yep, as AceFlyer pointed out, we will accept OCs, but it should be noted that we do judge them harsher than we would a cannon application.
If you want, we can hold the application you submitted so that you could work on an OC?

Quote from: Darwishi on January 23, 2016, 11:32:04 AM
I'm actually leaning towards a heroine that I have that goes by Urban.  You can find a profile here.  I just want to know if this type of character would be allowed, if so, then I'll convert her over to the current format of profiles and we can tweak her here and there. 
I think some of your other heroes might be a better fit, but yes you can fill out an application for her.
Just be aware that submitting an application does not mean you are necessarily accepted.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Crash on January 23, 2016, 10:52:45 AM
Any chance you would let someone play Zatanna?

-drools- I've been dying to play her in some game somewhere.

...One day.

Doomsday

OC's, gender bending reinterpretations, we're pretty open as long as you stick to the spirit of the game or to the spirit of the canon character you're remaining!

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Rel Mayer on January 23, 2016, 11:52:13 AM
-drools- I've been dying to play her in some game somewhere.

...One day.

Put together a good enough application and you could play her in this game :)

Ace Flyer

I know there's just one to start ( *cry*  :'( ) but, best to have a few back-up's in case my first one isn't accepted.

Darwishi

Quote from: JamesSureWould on January 23, 2016, 11:50:39 AM
I think some of your other heroes might be a better fit, but yes you can fill out an application for her.
Just be aware that submitting an application does not mean you are necessarily accepted.

A lot of them wear a material called FlexSteel and I wasn't sure if the availability of that material would break the world too much so I went with someone else.  I was strongly considering Blue Bird or Mercy otherwise.  Uh, my Blue Bird, not the one in the DC Universe.  Until I read through that character list I wasn't even aware there was a Blue Bird in the DC universe. 

I figure with any OC submitted that there will be tweaks that need to be made to fit in better with the setting.  No biggie!  Of course, there's always that balance of fitting the setting and breaking the essence of the character.  It's a hard line to walk, but I like playing OC's way more than canon, sooo I'll walk it. ^_^

Rel Mayer

Quote from: JamesSureWould on January 23, 2016, 11:55:13 AM
Put together a good enough application and you could play her in this game :)

Crash seemed pretty interested. I'll let him have her! :)

wander

Just as I was building up a Bat Family OC character for my DC Adventures games, this game pops up! ^_^

I'm interested, though I'm behind on the New 52 Batman stuff... I only really read Starfire these days. Not sure if my OC will be anywhere near ready to apply with them for this game, so I'mma look at those dc wiki pages for the lesser known characters and see if someone touches me. :)

Alias

Quote from: wander on January 23, 2016, 12:17:31 PM
Just as I was building up a Bat Family OC character for my DC Adventures games, this game pops up! ^_^

I'm interested, though I'm behind on the New 52 Batman stuff... I only really read Starfire these days. Not sure if my OC will be anywhere near ready to apply with them for this game, so I'mma look at those dc wiki pages for the lesser known characters and see if someone touches me. :)

Welcome! It's a pleasure to have your interest. To be completely honest, you probably know more than I do about DC. I've been converted to this universe fairly recently, believe me, JSW loves helping people learn more.  :P

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Alias on January 23, 2016, 12:24:45 PM
Welcome! It's a pleasure to have your interest. To be completely honest, you probably know more than I do about DC. I've been converted to this universe fairly recently, believe me, JSW loves helping people learn more.  :P

This is true. If you give me even the loosest starting point, I will help you find a character that matches. I love doing it

wander

Heh, I'm more a Marvel fanboy, though I also like DC, just yet to find a book that isn't around 50 issues in that I can jump into smoothly ^^

I am considering picking up some TPBs of Red Hood and the Outlaws, if Arsenal would be a character that could be picked up. I play Hawkeye very well in Marvel games and Jason and Arsenal have had a bromance going since the New 52 kicked them off in that series.

EDIT: JSW, it's hard to say what kind of character personality I'd go well with, though I'd say someone who is laid-back, charming, a good sense of fighting only for when it's needed and what's right, not someone too brooding or who gets off on violence, no might makes right characters. I can talk more with you in PM if you'd like about what might fit well. :)

Doomsday

YEA BE MY ROY HARPER (if we like your sheet  >:) )

I have a collection hosted online of RH&O if you wanted to browse.

Diesel Heart

Yeah, I'll contemplate an OC to toss you for consideration as well.

wander

Quote from: Doomsday on January 23, 2016, 12:34:45 PM
YEA BE MY ROY HARPER (if we like your sheet  >:) )

I have a collection hosted online of RH&O if you wanted to browse.

Please do PM me the link and I'll see if I can pull him off. ^__^

I'm worried about filling the character sheet in though, because I tend to make quite crappy sheets, but on the plus side my characters usually far outshine their bios when I get going ^^'