News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fiasco [RPG game] Interest Check

Started by Innocence, October 26, 2015, 02:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeli

Quote from: Innocence on October 27, 2015, 05:09:40 AM
Also, check first post for link to set up/OOC thread. 
Faeli, I've listed you as player 2 since you were the first to confirm after giving interest. =] Do you want to start setting up our relationship now?

Sure thing!

Is it my pick or yours?  I can't seem to find my manual :(

Innocence

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on October 27, 2015, 05:14:54 AM
I can do 1-2 posts a week but I'm going to go out of my way to make sure that this gets a lot of attention (which I can do now that I'm finally catching up to my owed posts in other solo games).

Awesome, thanks for letting me know =]
Do you think a month would be enough time to have a decent Act 1 played out?  The scenes don't really need to be long and extravagant I think.  It should be fine if most players start with the roleplay in the morning and manage to progress to the end of the day or afternoon.
Then having Act 2 take place at night.

What do you think?

Quote from: Faeli on October 27, 2015, 05:32:27 AM
Sure thing!

Is it my pick or yours?  I can't seem to find my manual :(

I think it's my pick first then yours.  When it's your turn you can choose to define our relationship further or you could define your relationship with RedEye.  Is it alright if I choose to make us have a secret relationship?  I think most of the options under secret are pretty interesting. =]

Faeli

Absolutely!  Not to mention you seemed to roll a bunch of 5's, and so that leaves the other numbers for everyone else, lol :-D

Innocence

Quote from: Faeli on October 27, 2015, 05:51:43 AM
Absolutely!  Not to mention you seemed to roll a bunch of 5's, and so that leaves the other numbers for everyone else, lol :-D

Lol, you're so considerate XD
I was actually going to take one of the 4s but the romance options aren't as intriguing.  Haha.

Faeli

Alright!  Well, I am going to go ahead steal one of those 1's and declare that Eve and I are friends, of some sort :)

Eve, since you haven't played the game before, let me explain what we're doing.  Innocence already sort of did in the OOC thread (which we should probably move this too, actually!) but more explanation can't hurt, right?

At the beginning of the game, Innocence rolled 24 die.  You will end up using 4 of them (6 players * 4 dice).  You will use them to flesh out the game world.  At this stage, you can either choose to further define our relationship (by spending another die under the friends section, say using a 6 to make us both social outcasts) or you can choose to broadly define your relationship with Wander.  You could also choose to determine your Need or add an Object or Location to the mix but, generally, it is advised to at least have general relationships determined before we get into adding specific plot elements :)

Hopefully I didn't confuse you too much!  ^_^

Ron Don Volante

I'll be diving into the mechanics today when I get home from work but until then... Here's a preview of my character. I have to figure out she gets sucked into the summer camp but I can't imagine it will be too hard!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=237887.msg11763522#new
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Faeli

Lol... I wouldn't get too attached to that backstory :P

I mean, you can twist it to fit, but I always find it WAY easier to build the character around the relationships, not tweak the character to account for the relationships ;)

Ron Don Volante

You'd be shocked at how creative I can be! ;) I think for this rp it will probably just be when she got laid off and is unemployed. Gives me a lot of flexibility since she doesn't have much going on. Plus its more of a base than anything else. I can see the concept I f the frustrated go nowhere former attorney fitting anywhere. So if her backstory needs to change... so be it!

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

RedEve

Quote from: Faeli on October 27, 2015, 06:14:24 AM
Alright!  Well, I am going to go ahead steal one of those 1's and declare that Eve and I are friends, of some sort :)

Eve, since you haven't played the game before, let me explain what we're doing.  Innocence already sort of did in the OOC thread (which we should probably move this too, actually!) but more explanation can't hurt, right?

At the beginning of the game, Innocence rolled 24 die.  You will end up using 4 of them (6 players * 4 dice).  You will use them to flesh out the game world.  At this stage, you can either choose to further define our relationship (by spending another die under the friends section, say using a 6 to make us both social outcasts) or you can choose to broadly define your relationship with Wander.  You could also choose to determine your Need or add an Object or Location to the mix but, generally, it is advised to at least have general relationships determined before we get into adding specific plot elements :)

Hopefully I didn't confuse you too much!  ^_^

I think I got most of that. :)

So I am going to use one of the 4s to define our relationship as "Alpha male/queen bee and sycophant".
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

wander

Also I'm on every day though sometimes too zonked to do a post, saying that I can do around 3 posts a week. I think scenes can be fairly short, the player whose scene it is can say in their opening what's going to happen and then each player can add via a post what die they want to drop in, maybe adding an idea. Realistically a week for a single scene is possible. 1 month for everyone to get through Act 1 (I believe that's 12 scenes total) may be asking a bit much. I'll most as often as I can to quicken things up and being on every day helps on my end.

Gonna jet and check OOC thread presently, link in first post, ja?

Innocence

I see I see, we may just have to play the game and judge as we go when would be a good time to end Act 1. 
I'm not too strict on making it short.

Also, set up thread has been updated.  I'll make note of whose turn it is to choose a die number so we don't lose track =]

Faeli

Alright Wander!  I am going to be wickedsuperawesome again and break down what you can do.  If you already know what to do, feel free to tots disregard this post :P

So!  You have 4 die and it is your turn to use one of them.  Since Eve used her turn to deepen her and my relationship, you really just need to worry about establishing a relationship with either Eve or Ron.  To do that, hit the OOC thread and look at the relationship table.  All the numbers are still available, so you can pick between Friends, Family, Work Buddies, Romantic Association, Secret Relationship, or Local Associates.  You can only use one die, so if the relationship deepens, it may well be up to the other person to deepen it ^^

You could also declare an object, location, or need but... really... relationships are the bread and butter of this game, so it is really advised to at least vaguely define your relationships before moving to other things :P

wander

*nods* I knew that, just I didn't see here where the dice results were and who to make relationships with, though I saw the OOC thread that they were listed there. :)

Okay, so I'mma gonna get my first turn out of the way to hurry along...

So, Eve and Faeli have an interesting start to their relationship, I think I'd like to third wheel with that and use a 5 to go with a Secret relationship to Red Eve. The six deepened results all have some good stories behind them there. :)

Your turn now, Ron Don! ^^

Ron Don Volante

Since Phalia is still TBC I'll establish a relationship with my old pal Wander. Relationship: 1: Friends

I think I did that right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Edit: Thanks Wander.

wander

You didn't have to roll btw... The dice to choose from are listed for the Pool in the OOC thread, which I'll link you here;

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238743.msg11763226#msg11763226

However, it's fine as there's still two 1s in that Pool, so you're good. :)

Innocence

Wander and Ron, you both did well :)
I'll edit the ooc thread soon.
I'm going to pm phaia and see if they are still interested. If not then we can shorten it to five players. :)

Innocence

I also just want to say thanks to everyone helping each other out. I'm not online all the time so the fact that everyone is helping to explain things and asking questions when unsure is really great :)
I look forward to the game ^w^

RedEve

I watched the first of the three vids that Wheaton put up and then got halfway through the second one before I went to bed. I hope to watch the rest of it tonight, but it certainly helped with understanding the idea behind it all a bit more. Though Faeli's post also helped a lot!

RedEve

Question: Will Wheaton's playing of the game seems to include a Tilt card.
Do we have one of those too?

Remiel

Yes, I remember seeing this on Wil Wheaton's Tabletop.  Is it too late to indicate my interest?

wander

Quote from: RedEve on October 28, 2015, 01:34:03 PM
Question: Will Wheaton's playing of the game seems to include a Tilt card.
Do we have one of those too?

I believe the Tilt comes into play once Act 1 is complete, atm we're setting up for that so no need to worry on that just yet. :)

Innocence

@ RedEve -
We will be using a tilt table but I am in the process of acquiring/making one.  We won't need one until after the first act though so we have some time. =]

@ Remiel -
Thanks for the interest but at the moment I think we have enough players.  If this first game goes well I plan on organizing another campaign later on though, so I'll keep your name down as interested. =]

Remiel

Okay!  Please add me to the waiting list in case someone drops out.   I'll be looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Phaia

Sorry everyone if I implied I wanted to play. I just love the idea and wanted to help with the videos.

Here is rooting for a real Fiasco!!

Phaia

Innocence

Thanks for that Phaia.

Since it's 5 plays now (which is the recommended max number of players for Fiasco) I'm going to have my turn and build my relationship with Ron.  Picking up a 2 die Ron and I are now family members =]
I wonder what type of family we will be. 

On that note, it is now Feali's turn =]