oWoD V:tM Camarilla Campaign - MUL - closed

Started by desert ashes, February 03, 2010, 05:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert ashes

NYC Twilight is a Vampire: the Masquerade Camarilla campaign.  Sexual themes will be open between Light, Bondage and NC.  Players are expected to have at least a basic understanding of the VtM system and the Clan you're portraying without relying on typical stereotypes.  It is being primarily based off the 2nd Edition settings.

Players looking to participate are expected to write with at least a modest level of literacy and consistency.  While I'm not looking for or encouraging anyone to write a novella for each post, I am looking for those who portray action, emotion and depth while grasping at least the basics of grammar.

Story Background
It's been fifty years since the last Clan wars threatened the inner destruction of New York City, the Camarilla's east coast stronghold, after the surprising death of the past Prince.  Saved by the efforts of the current Prince, Reesa Lee, the past five decades have moved well for the Kindred of NYC despite minor tiffs here and there.  However, peace is never meant to last too long.

The Sabbat is on the move with NYC being a clear target.  Tensions are running high -- too high -- between the Clans.  Rumors of Hunters being all too active in the city are becoming louder -- especially when four Kindred suddenly meet their Final End with no other viable explanation.  With fifty years of peace, drama has come tap dancing on New York City's doorstep. 

Styles of Play
Action (combat and challenges) 3
Character Development (personal dilemmas, choices) 4
Darkness (pc death or corruption) 2
Drama (ceremony and grand story) 4
Intrigue (politics and negotiations) 5
Manners (social etiquette and peer pressure) 3
Mystery (enigmas and investigation) 4

Character Builds
Do not post character sheets unless they've been approved.  All character sheets must be approved via PM before being posted.  If you need a character sheet, please let me know.

Approved Characters can go be posted in the Character Profiles thread.

The biggest aspect to keep in mind is that I will question anything and everything, since as a GM, I love nothing more than knowing your characters   For example, if you're playing a Toreador artist who happens to have four dots in Clan History - Malkavian, it better come with a really good justification. 

Accepted PC Clans:
                Brujah
                Gangrel
                Giovanni
                Malkavian
                Nosferatu
                Ravnos
                Toreador
                Tremere
                Ventrue
                Caitiff
                Approval Only Clans:
                Assasmite
                Daughter of Cacophony
                Followers of Set
                Gargoyle
                Lasombra Antitribu
                Old Clan Tzimisce
                Salubri
                Samedi
                True Brujah

If the clan or bloodline you were looking to play isn't listed I'm likely not going to approve it -- not unless you really give a convincing background and within reason explanation of why that particular bloodline or clan above any others.  For those seeking to play an Approval Only clan or bloodline, please refer above to the "really convincing background" part.  Please don't assume you'll automatically be granted approval and have an additional character concept ready to be explored in case you aren't approved.

Character Build - Vampire
All characters begin at 13th Generation.  You may take up to five dots in the Generation background to go between 12th and 8th Generation.  However, I'd like to see a good mix of generations.  I won't approve all characters for 8th Generation. 

Members of the court may automatically assume the level appropriate Status - City for their character without spending the required points.

Attributes -- 9/7/5
Abilities -- 17/13/9
Backgrounds -- 10
Disciplines -- 7
Virtues -- 7
Freebies -- 21

Character Build - Ghoul
All Ghoul characters must be connected to an active Vampire PC. 

Attributes -- 7/5/3
Abilities -- 13/9/5
Backgrounds -- 5
Disciplines -- 3
Virtues -- 7
Freebies -- 15

General Information
- The Week of Nightmares has not happened.
- Tremere Antitribu are not in play.
- Currently no merits or flaws are banned (this may change), however be prepared to justify your choices.
- Currently only accepting Vampires or Ghouls. 
- Yes, I know the starting stats aren't traditional.  ;)
- Anyone seeking to play a member of court or associated, please message me privately.
- While I've run offline campaigns for over a decade, this is my first one online, so if I make an error here or there, have some sympathy. ;)

Questions & Answers
All questions and answers from this thread will be going here instead of being given an individual reply.

Q: Am curious ...are you going to attempt to use the dice and move this to a systems game? Where combat will be played out ..or modify the system to allow more of a RP style forum posting structure.  I guess my curiosity is how much combat versus just the social structure and manipulation of resources to give a more political aspect to the game. Are you planning to use rolls to gather information , resources ..investigation , contacts etc ..?

A: I'm expecting combat to be somewhat limited, more so in that I don't foresee it involving too many people at once.  I'd like to see a mixture of rolls when necessary but mostly letting it stay on a more forum posting level, making it the player's responsibiliy to accurately portray and react. In situations where there are going to be rolls involved with multiple people that scene will be frozen for combat.  (Honestly, I don't know how well this will work since I've never done an online forum campaign, so we'll see!)
PS. Thank you for asking, I'd entirely forgotten to include notes about combat!

Q: Are you allowing the Age background?

A: No.  The Age background is not being accepted due to character benefits that come with it.  However, I am being flexible with the age of characters within reason and as fitting per the character's background.

Q: Can Malkavians take Dementation?

A: Yes.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

GryphonCompanion

GCs O/Os
GCs A/As (Updated 12/14)
GCs Story Ideas

I have seen slower people than I am and more deliberate … and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But, they were dead.
- Mark Twain

DeviantMunster

I'd like to express interest in this as well! Sounds like a fun and interesting game.

ManyMindsManyVoices

My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Senti

BenedictWolfe

Since I went ahead and PMed a character sheet, I might as well voice my interest here.

Kolbrandr

I PM'd a backstory, so, I'll note my interest here besides.

Senti

Sasha

Am curious ...are you going to attempt to use the dice and move this to a systems game. Where combat will be played out ..or modify the system to allow more of a RP style forum posting structure.

In the background you are giving that the Sabbat are in the process of attempting to infiltrate the city. Also mention hunters ..which leads to interesting options.

I guess my curiosity is how much combat versus just the social structure and manipulation of resources to give a more political aspect to the game. Are you planning to use rolls to gather information , resources ..investigation , contacts etc ..? 

Handle this through a pm system to feed back the information or just setting up a thread to post all roll's ie  request for feedback on info found to continue the story RP moving.

Lord Drake

Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

desert ashes

Yay!  Interested peeps!

Feel free to send your character sheet and background if you haven't yet already.  I've got quite a few to go over (Wow on details!  You all rock.), so it may be a couple days before I get back to you.  ;) 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Justme

Hello. Any chance I can get in on this?.. And are you accepting straight mortals in to be ghouled or embraced in game?

Dizzied

I'm definitely interested in this.  PM sent.  :)

desert ashes

Justme, you're welcome to send in a character sheet and background. 

I will accept a Mortal or Ghoul who will be embraced immediately or shortly after the start of the campaign.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

desert ashes

Approved characters can in the Character Profile thread.

There's an OOC Lounge set up here.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Akasma

I am interested in this. I may need a day or two to get a character written up and pmed. Big plans for this weekend. I played a lot of Vampyre pen and paper style, never online. This should be fascinating! =)

Justme

for Mortal characters use ghoul stats or standard morta?

desert ashes

For regular Mortals go ahead and use the following stats (slightly modified from the standard mortal guidelines):

Attributes - 6/4/3
Abilities - 13/9/5
Backgrounds - 7
Virtues - 7
Freebies - 28

No numina may be purchased.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Justme

Can you send me a char sheet please? I cant locate them

Justme

On the 9th of last month I had asked to get a character sheet. I never did get a response. I am assuming since its been a month your no longer looking for characters. Thank you anyway.

desert ashes

That is entirely my fault.  :-X  I'd taken off the bookmark and hadn't seen any new replies, my apologies. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Justme

Thats fine. seeing as you STILL havent offerd a sheet I will assume Im not needed. I hope you guys have fun.

desert ashes

QuoteThats fine. seeing as you STILL havent offerd a sheet I will assume Im not needed. I hope you guys have fun.

As the campaign isn't running due to time constraints, I thought sending you a character sheet would be rather mean as it wouldn't be put to any use. ;)  ::Nudges up to the 'closed' portion of the topic title.::

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin