Heirs to Creation - Exalted 3e Recruitment and Pre-Game Discussion [CLOSED]

Started by Winter King, October 30, 2015, 09:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Okay. Sounds good to me. On a related note, it kind of makes me wonder what Twelve Shades' instability was. Perhaps too much of a Batman complex or something.

But other than that, how does this look for Merits and BP spends? I added a Manse with a Freedom Stone hearthstone to socket into Shadow's Embrace.

Merits

5 for Hidden Justice (moonsilver and green jade throwing needles)
3 for Belt of Shadow Walking
4 for Shadow's Embrace
Manse 3: Hearthstone (Freedom Stone)

BP Spends

6 for Stealth, Awareness, Athletics 2.
2 for Dodge 2 and Thrown 3
Manse 3 (HS: Freedom Stone)
2 for Belt of Shadow Walking
2 for Res 2

I got rid of the Bracers of Universal Crafting in this case since she's talented at Larceny on her own, and I only wanted the bracers for essence lockpicks and the like.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Winter King on November 14, 2015, 07:33:15 AM
Seems fair enough. I imagine that maybe one of the pairs was intended for a sibling who went Dereth rather than become a warrior, perhaps?
Frankly, I doubt that, and it's getting overwrought. Crane is just a style that sometimes uses paired, and sometimes uses mismatched weapons.
Since some enemies are easier to defeat using one or the other, he has just found a way to carry four different weapons in two sheaths, no need to make it more complicated than that.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Winter King on November 14, 2015, 07:33:15 AM
Okay, my initial feelings are that this is much more suited to being a moonsilver artifact than an orichalcum one. Moonsilver (very) rarely shifts form in the way that you're describing, but it does so. Orichalcum is physically unchanging in almost all of its forms - rather like the Sun. Plus, double-attunement is dead, so there's no real reason not to have it as moonsilver (except that Lunars will try to steal it any time they see it). Hm, I like the story you've woven for it, though - well thought out and a good reason to have the armor do what it does. I would still hold that moonsilver suits it much better... possibly with some orichalcum, but really, shapeshifting armor is solidly in moonsilver's field.

Well, i you feel strongly, i shall rework it to be moonsilver based! But in counterpoint:
-In 2e there are numerous examples (especially First Age ones) where Ori artefacts were capable of transformation, and even shifting in a way that feels more moonsilvery to me, such capabilities were often attributed to including moonsilver as supplemental material (or atleased, thats my headcanon, but id swear there were a few examples that actually did say so specifically). Now, while all that is not necessarily correct with regards to 3e, we do have Silken Armour, which is apparently as supple as silk and yet can be Orichalcum-based like any other artefact armour in the book, which i think establishes some baseline?
-With regards to thematics, while moonsilver is certainly more associated with mercurial artefacts with liquid properties and/or shifting natures by default.... and if those were defining properties of the Aegis, i would agree with you, but in this particular case its mere.... aesthetics. Its nature as on-again/off-again tattoo-armour. Personally, ive always felt that nature and/or purpose are far more important to defining a artefact. The Aegis is the dead opposite of subtle, in fact it makes a point to always be visible while worn, to the point it can compromise stealth, which i feel is a huge faux-pas when it comes to Moonsilver (i would expect a moonsilver-based fullplate to negate most of those stealth/movement penalties). It doesnt evoke primal forces, or even animal magnetism, instead it glories the form, its nature demands adoration and worship, which is certainly more of a Ori thing. It provides stalwart defense to stand there and take hits, not the sort of quicksilver evasion. Etc
-Finally, and i add this with more humour than seriousness; "If something is 'impossible' that just means a Solar hasnt tried hard enough yet."

Thoughts?

Re Z L

There's also no penalty for attuning the "wrong" material, so what something is made of is whatever is thematically appropriate for the artifact as per the guidelines on page 612.
A&A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Re Z L on November 14, 2015, 05:50:22 PM
There's also no penalty for attuning the "wrong" material, so what something is made of is whatever is thematically appropriate for the artifact as per the guidelines on page 612.
Which is the subject of our discussion, yes.  :P

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Winter King on November 14, 2015, 12:14:36 PM
I thought that you probably have met one another once or twice, and are aware of each other's status as Anathema, but that you haven't actually done much as a circle yet. I also thought why your characters cared about one another would be discussed once the final decisions are made.

One suggestion for this ...

The Dresden Files RPG has an interesting little mechanic for tying characters together at the start of a game, where one character can 'guest star' in another characters story. It doesn't link the entire group, but each person has a link to a couple of others, so it connects the group together that way.

If each of the characters had been around here for a while, there should have been time enough for one or two crossing backstories.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 14, 2015, 06:50:02 PM

The Dresden Files RPG has an interesting little mechanic for tying characters together at the start of a game, where one character can 'guest star' in another characters story. It doesn't link the entire group, but each person has a link to a couple of others, so it connects the group together that way.

If each of the characters had been around here for a while, there should have been time enough for one or two crossing backstories.
Ooh, I remember doing that in another game, worked out well. I second this notion!

Muse

Ack, scary. 

My attempts at Fate RPG always get bogged down there.  ^_^;;
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thufir Hawat

I have an Intimacy that covers basically, everyone else in the group, so my part is easy.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Winter King

Quote from: Empyrean on November 14, 2015, 04:01:06 PM
Okay. Sounds good to me. On a related note, it kind of makes me wonder what Twelve Shades' instability was. Perhaps too much of a Batman complex or something.

But other than that, how does this look for Merits and BP spends? I added a Manse with a Freedom Stone hearthstone to socket into Shadow's Embrace.

Merits

5 for Hidden Justice (moonsilver and green jade throwing needles)
3 for Belt of Shadow Walking
4 for Shadow's Embrace
Manse 3: Hearthstone (Freedom Stone)

BP Spends

6 for Stealth, Awareness, Athletics 2.
2 for Dodge 2 and Thrown 3
Manse 3 (HS: Freedom Stone)
2 for Belt of Shadow Walking
2 for Res 2

I got rid of the Bracers of Universal Crafting in this case since she's talented at Larceny on her own, and I only wanted the bracers for essence lockpicks and the like.
Hm, honestly? Can I ask you to just take a hearthstone as opposed to a Manse? Because you can do that, you know. The thing is, as manses go, they're huge story hooks, but if there're more than one of them, it becomes harder for me to keep track of them. Beyond that, I think that's fine.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 14, 2015, 04:45:35 PM
Well, i you feel strongly, i shall rework it to be moonsilver based! But in counterpoint:
-In 2e there are numerous examples (especially First Age ones) where Ori artefacts were capable of transformation, and even shifting in a way that feels more moonsilvery to me, such capabilities were often attributed to including moonsilver as supplemental material (or atleased, thats my headcanon, but id swear there were a few examples that actually did say so specifically). Now, while all that is not necessarily correct with regards to 3e, we do have Silken Armour, which is apparently as supple as silk and yet can be Orichalcum-based like any other artefact armour in the book, which i think establishes some baseline?
It's my feeling that Orichalcum is much more about powers and miracles being worked through the artifact than it is about changing shape - for instance, the example of orichalcum armor protects intimacies of its wearer, focusing his or her emotions to miraculous defense of others.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 14, 2015, 04:45:35 PM
-With regards to thematics, while moonsilver is certainly more associated with mercurial artefacts with liquid properties and/or shifting natures by default.... and if those were defining properties of the Aegis, i would agree with you, but in this particular case its mere.... aesthetics. Its nature as on-again/off-again tattoo-armour. Personally, ive always felt that nature and/or purpose are far more important to defining a artefact. The Aegis is the dead opposite of subtle, in fact it makes a point to always be visible while worn, to the point it can compromise stealth, which i feel is a huge faux-pas when it comes to Moonsilver (i would expect a moonsilver-based fullplate to negate most of those stealth/movement penalties). It doesnt evoke primal forces, or even animal magnetism, instead it glories the form, its nature demands adoration and worship, which is certainly more of a Ori thing. It provides stalwart defense to stand there and take hits, not the sort of quicksilver evasion. Etc
You make a fair point, though I think that moonsilver is perfectly capable of always being visible - it's a Lunar thing, to be seen (whether that means being seen as a Lunar or no), at least in 3e. It's just a matter of orichalcum not being able to change shape, by my mind. Most moonsilver artifacts don't even change shape like you're describing. While I see where you're coming from, I stand by my assessment. Mind, that's the only thing that really needs changing...
Quote from: Core, p.613Some moonsilver Evocations produce physical manifestations in the weapon—while it’s unusual for a moonsilver artifact to flow and reshape itself like water or clay...
I mean, maybe you could have a mix of orichalcum and moonsilver, because I think that might represent the best of both worlds... but that's up to you. Probably a good idea though.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 14, 2015, 04:45:35 PM-Finally, and i add this with more humour than seriousness; "If something is 'impossible' that just means a Solar hasnt tried hard enough yet."

Thoughts?
There's some truth to that. :P

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 14, 2015, 06:50:02 PM

That's a thing I always felt was somewhat cool. I mean, I tend to prefer it to be a more natural thing, but I totally agree that this is something that should be encouraged. If you're up for it, my dear players, please do so. Go for it! Well, I mean, I should probably say "go for it!" after I've hit on the final assessment of who's coming.

... I am going to work on that now, actually.
Current Status: Busy-ish, but back. I'll try to check in more often nowadays.

Check out my world!

Empyrean

ChaoticSky

Huh! You know, I never noticed that before, this is slightly sideways to what we were talking about, but *points at what you quoted*. That bit specifically refers to evocations, not the item its self. Like, a moonsilver sword might have evocations to allow it to flex around a parrying blade, or a armour the ability to shift and cover weakspots. Its worth pointing out that i didnt picture evocations for the Aegis to be anything like that, which is probably what most of why im clinging to Ori, i think Ori-themed evocations fit what i had in mind best.
Quote from: Winter King on November 15, 2015, 07:12:32 AMIt's my feeling that Orichalcum is much more about powers and miracles being worked through the artifact than it is about changing shape - for instance, the example of orichalcum armor protects intimacies of its wearer, focusing his or her emotions to miraculous defense of others.
Exactly!
QuoteYou make a fair point, though I think that moonsilver is perfectly capable of always being visible - it's a Lunar thing, to be seen (whether that means being seen as a Lunar or no), at least in 3e. It's just a matter of orichalcum not being able to change shape, by my mind. Most moonsilver artifacts don't even change shape like you're describing. While I see where you're coming from, I stand by my assessment. Mind, that's the only thing that really needs changing... I mean, maybe you could have a mix of orichalcum and moonsilver, because I think that might represent the best of both worlds... but that's up to you. Probably a good idea though.
True, but Lunars Hunt. Moonsilver certainly doesnt have to be subtle, but i dont think it should ever be... unsubtle, it shouldnt get in the way of that. But you know, different pinions different peoples.

The artefact already uses both, i made a point to mention that moonsilver was used to lend the Ori its mercurial properties when it was made, you just cant see it the same way you cant see chromium in stainless steel. I could give it a larger role in the artefacts appearance, like making the entire underside of the tattoos (where it touches skin) moonsilver, or give the entire pattern a slim moonsilver outline, but you cant make dual-material evocations i dont think, one is always dominant, and i would preferr Ori for that thematically. I mean i dont see a creature as vain as Sun Forged Wisdom was to garb himself in anything less than magical super-gold. Super-silver was for his sexkitten. *snicker* (incidentally, now have a mental image of his Mate being a almost Saber-like personality of a stalwart warrior and suffering endlessly under his vanity and indecent ways)

The other option would be to make it a moonsilver artefact thats Ori-plated, and i could see a narcissistic solar being that ridiculous as to gold-plate a different magical material so that it was pretty enough for him to wear, but that seems like it would be... unnecessarily convoluted? Though it could make for a interesting story point, everyone thinks its ori, and gets blind-sided when it acts moonsilvery.

However, i did plan to leave the Evocations up to you. As a player i have a right to be included in the design process for artefacts i buy at chargen, but ICly our characters are mostly picking up lost doodads and shaking them until they do something, so it makes sense not to know, and you certainly seem canny enough to create neat storyful evocations for my armour. I think ive made the theme of evocations i want clear by now... do you feel you could come up with ones that fit that with a moonsilver base rather than a Ori one? Thats probably the most important thing.

*Edit:
Separate question, if my character has a friend who happens to be a dragonblood or something, but they are a backstory element and currently well away (ie, not travelling with my character or able to render aid) do i still have to buy them with Allies?

Winter King

Quote from: Empyrean on November 15, 2015, 10:55:02 AM
I can take a hearthstone, sure.
Excellent.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 10:55:27 AM
Huh! You know, I never noticed that before, this is slightly sideways to what we were talking about, but *points at what you quoted*. That bit specifically refers to evocations, not the item its self. Like, a moonsilver sword might have evocations to allow it to flex around a parrying blade, or a armour the ability to shift and cover weakspots. Its worth pointing out that i didnt picture evocations for the Aegis to be anything like that, which is probably what most of why im clinging to Ori, i think Ori-themed evocations fit what i had in mind best.
Yeah, I got that feeling from it as well. What were you thinking for evocations? I mean, I don't see anything jumping out at me from the description, but I think you probably have good ideas of what you're looking for.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 10:55:27 AMTrue, but Lunars Hunt. Moonsilver certainly doesnt have to be subtle, but i dont think it should ever be... unsubtle, it shouldnt get in the way of that. But you know, different pinions different peoples.
See, to my mind, Lunars don't hunt... subtly. Like, that is to say, they can hunt subtly, but it is not innate to their Essence. I remember in 2e, one of my friends and fellow Lunar players was annoyed that Lunars did not have any stealth charms - that is, charms that could help him move about unseen. Personally, I saw this as kind of confusing, for reasons I don't think are relevant to the point here, but the point I'm trying to make is that to me, Lunars hunting resonates more strongly with the terrified prey, knowing that it is being chased, fleeing for its life as the great monster gets closer and closer... I mean, it's not "HEY LOOK, COME SEE ME." But it definitely is "You are prey. Fear me."

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 10:55:27 AMThe artefact already uses both, i made a point to mention that moonsilver was used to lend the Ori its mercurial properties when it was made, you just cant see it the same way you cant see chromium in stainless steel. I could give it a larger role in the artefacts appearance, like making the entire underside of the tattoos (where it touches skin) moonsilver, or give the entire pattern a slim moonsilver outline, but you cant make dual-material evocations i dont think, one is always dominant, and i would preferr Ori for that thematically. I mean i dont see a creature as vain as Sun Forged Wisdom was to garb himself in anything less than magical super-gold. Super-silver was for his sexkitten. *snicker* (incidentally, now have a mental image of his Mate being a almost Saber-like personality of a stalwart warrior and suffering endlessly under his vanity and indecent ways)
It's true that one material is always dominant, so far as we can tell at this time. However, when we're talking heavy plate armor, there's a lot of material, so there can be a fairly significant amount of moonsilver and still remain orichalcum based for evocations.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 10:55:27 AMThe other option would be to make it a moonsilver artefact thats Ori-plated, and i could see a narcissistic solar being that ridiculous as to gold-plate a different magical material so that it was pretty enough for him to wear, but that seems like it would be... unnecessarily convoluted? Though it could make for a interesting story point, everyone thinks its ori, and gets blind-sided when it acts moonsilvery.

However, i did plan to leave the Evocations up to you.

Oopsies (see above :P ). That said, I agree - gold plating it is probably not the way to go with this one. Perhaps the alloy shines dimmer silver when it's nighttime, and gold in the day, or the like?

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 10:55:27 AMAs a player i have a right to be included in the design process for artefacts i buy at chargen, but ICly our characters are mostly picking up lost doodads and shaking them until they do something, so it makes sense not to know, and you certainly seem canny enough to create neat storyful evocations for my armour. I think ive made the theme of evocations i want clear by now... do you feel you could come up with ones that fit that with a moonsilver base rather than a Ori one? Thats probably the most important thing.
I... am probably just not thinking straight, but what theme of evocations are you looking for? I know we discussed remaining stationary with the powerbow, but I'm not sure whether that carries over or not. It's been something of a long day, so I beg you forgive my confusion.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 10:55:27 AM*Edit:
Separate question, if my character has a friend who happens to be a dragonblood or something, but they are a backstory element and currently well away (ie, not travelling with my character or able to render aid) do i still have to buy them with Allies?

... I would say probably not. However, this would also mean that the Dragon-Blooded is likely to become very hostile to you if you two ever meet and your nature is known to them. I mean, what were you thinking of specifically? If I had more information, I'd be able to tell you with more certainty.

As a final note, I'm still wrestling with whom is going to be accepted - expect to hear back from me later today.

Check out my world!

HairyHeretic

I would say Lunars do hunt subtly, but do so via changing shape. With the right charms they can be pretty much anything, or anyone. A servant passing by. The housecat curled on the sofa. The bird on the branch by the window. The fly on the wall.

When the prey is vulnerable, change into the warform, and tear them to shreds.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ChaoticSky

Ah, yes, sorry, im not sure if youve been eyeing my sheet or not, but ive been changing stuff around quite abit there. Decided to make her more socially focused, and swapped the heavy focus on archery for a heavy focus on Presence, though archery remains her primary mode of combat, its mostly done now, just half the bio (2/4 sections), Ties, limit and 3 bp left to do. Am hoping to get the bio done today, if not all of it.

I figured i would lean more heavily on my armour for evocations than my weapon. The way i figure it, Sun Forged Wisom worked mostly with his hands and hasnt picked up a weapon since the War ended, but he wore his armour 24/7, so it got the better impression to give rise to evocations than some sword or something that got stuck in a closet. XD Her weapon will still be a powerbow, but its likely to be white jade, and while functional, is incomplete. Sun was actually working on it when the Usurpation happened, and it was buried with him just to make sure his ghost didnt get itchy to finish what it started. Its functional as a 3-dot artefact powerbow with no evocations (yet), but it was originally meant to be the core of a much more potent weapon that never got made.

As for the Aegis... uh, probably my bad, I had intended the story to speak for its self, and the little blurb in the Evocation section to provide clarity. How dare you not be psychic! :P

Basically, it was created and used to glorify and protect its wearer's form. I dont really have alot in mind specifically, but on the glory side; anything that boosts social actions (particularly of the awe, seductive, or mass variety), that draws positive attention to its wearer (regardless of the wearer's desires XD), that improves/creates positive intimacies regarding the wearer/dulls negative ones, or which encourages or improves the effects of worship. The protection part would be suited by abilities that increase hardness, resist shaping/changing (maybe even beneficial) magics, enshrine intimacies or otherwise render the wearer the next best thing to inviolate.

Mind you, thats not a checklist, more like 'anything in any of these categories would be fine...'

Thoughts?

*edit, also the dragon blood i will be elaborating on in great detail, but the short version is that she tried to fight my character when she first turned up, but ive got enough presence charms to seduce a boulder XD, and they ended up doing quite the opposite of fighting, shes the one who showed my charater the tomb of the ancient Anathema where i get my artefacts, and probably plays some major role in my cult, but shes very much her own person and not a thrall or anything like that. If she was at my side shed be Ally 3 for sure, but since shes kinda relegated to the background from now on (you know, as a hook for you to use :P) i didnt think she counted, wanted to make sure though.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Winter King on November 15, 2015, 02:47:51 PM
See, to my mind, Lunars don't hunt... subtly. Like, that is to say, they can hunt subtly, but it is not innate to their Essence. I remember in 2e, one of my friends and fellow Lunar players was annoyed that Lunars did not have any stealth charms - that is, charms that could help him move about unseen.
As a fellow Lunar player, I used to call these Knacks :P!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Winter King

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 15, 2015, 03:32:56 PM
I would say Lunars do hunt subtly, but do so via changing shape. With the right charms they can be pretty much anything, or anyone. A servant passing by. The housecat curled on the sofa. The bird on the branch by the window. The fly on the wall.

When the prey is vulnerable, change into the warform, and tear them to shreds.
That. Hairy's being much more coherent than I am at this point in time. :P

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 03:39:08 PM
Ah, yes, sorry, im not sure if youve been eyeing my sheet or not, but ive been changing stuff around quite abit there. Decided to make her more socially focused, and swapped the heavy focus on archery for a heavy focus on Presence, though archery remains her primary mode of combat, its mostly done now, just half the bio (2/4 sections), Ties, limit and 3 bp left to do. Am hoping to get the bio done today, if not all of it.

Ooh, I hadn't noticed. I'll look back at it, then.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 03:39:08 PMI figured i would lean more heavily on my armour for evocations than my weapon. The way i figure it, Sun Forged Wisom worked mostly with his hands and hasnt picked up a weapon since the War ended, but he wore his armour 24/7, so it got the better impression to give rise to evocations than some sword or something that got stuck in a closet. XD Her weapon will still be a powerbow, but its likely to be white jade, and while functional, is incomplete. Sun was actually working on it when the Usurpation happened, and it was buried with him just to make sure his ghost didnt get itchy to finish what it started. Its functional as a 3-dot artefact powerbow with no evocations (yet), but it was originally meant to be the core of a much more potent weapon that never got made.
Oh, that's a good idea. I like it! Hm. I do imagine that the armor's more likely to have evocations, as it had a tale to come with it.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 03:39:08 PMAs for the Aegis... uh, probably my bad, I had intended the story to speak for its self, and the little blurb in the Evocation section to provide clarity. How dare you not be psychic! :P
Yeah, I'm bad at implications (both catching others' and making ones that others are able to get).

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 03:39:08 PMBasically, it was created and used to glorify and protect its wearer's form. I dont really have alot in mind specifically, but on the glory side; anything that boosts social actions (particularly of the awe, seductive, or mass variety), that draws positive attention to its wearer (regardless of the wearer's desires XD), that improves/creates positive intimacies regarding the wearer/dulls negative ones, or which encourages or improves the effects of worship. The protection part would be suited by abilities that increase hardness, resist shaping/changing (maybe even beneficial) magics, enshrine intimacies or otherwise render the wearer the next best thing to inviolate.

Mind you, thats not a checklist, more like 'anything in any of these categories would be fine...'

Thoughts?
Hm... so it's more about social aspects than protection? Or a mix of both? Because one that jumps to mind is that wounds do not cause scarring or the like Never mind, that's not really an evocation-level power, in my mind. I'll think about it more deeply.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 03:39:08 PM*edit, also the dragon blood i will be elaborating on in great detail, but the short version is that she tried to fight my character when she first turned up, but ive got enough presence charms to seduce a boulder XD, and they ended up doing quite the opposite of fighting, shes the one who showed my charater the tomb of the ancient Anathema where i get my artefacts, and probably plays some major role in my cult, but shes very much her own person and not a thrall or anything like that. If she was at my side shed be Ally 3 for sure, but since shes kinda relegated to the background from now on (you know, as a hook for you to use :P) i didnt think she counted, wanted to make sure though.
Hm... I'm not sure that I can in good conscience agree with that, given my questions to previous Dragon-Blooded allies. But to go into more detail - most Dragon-Blooded in Dun-lat are Dynasts, who almost certainly have very strong ties to the Immaculate Philosophy, meaning that the Wyld Hunt would have been called pretty quickly. I mean, I feel like it's not enough to just say "presence charms" and leave it at that as to why a Dragon-Blooded might follow someone. That said, if she's not a Dynast, especially a non-native outcaste, the likelihood is much higher that she is less devoted to the Immaculate Philosophy, making it much easier for me to say that it's fine.

Check out my world!

Winter King

Alright people, I'm pretty sure that I've decided more or less on the circle that is accepted. It's as follows:

Crooked Crane Krum played by Thufir Hawat
Transcendant Starlight Beauty played by Empyrean
Seven Words of Wisdom played by AndyZ
Silken Rays of Hope played by ChaoticSky
Kheldaran played by HairyHeretic

Thanks to everyone for submitting and working with me. I really appreciate the amount of time you guys have put into the creation of your characters and their integration to the world of Creation (including my own home-brewed parts). I do wish that I could take you all, but I think that even five characters is likely to strain my STing/GMing capabilities, and it would be a disservice to everyone involved if I burnt out - or if I just couldn't perform at the height of my capability.

To those who were accepted: we'll keep working out what is going on, but I'm going to open an OOC thread to carry our conversations over in one of the other forums. I'm curious, though - which of them do you guys think I should put them in?

Check out my world!

AndyZ

Yay!  I made the cut!

No real preference on what type of sex this game has.  I don't see Seven Words of Wisdom as overly sexual.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HairyHeretic

Bon-H Small Groups maybe? We can always move it from there if necessary

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Winter King on November 15, 2015, 04:09:45 PMHm... so it's more about social aspects than protection? Or a mix of both?
Mix i would propose, but I'm fine with it if you feel more inspired to give it social abilities,

QuoteHm... I'm not sure that I can in good conscience agree with that, given my questions to previous Dragon-Blooded allies. But to go into more detail - most Dragon-Blooded in Dun-lat are Dynasts, who almost certainly have very strong ties to the Immaculate Philosophy, meaning that the Wyld Hunt would have been called pretty quickly. I mean, I feel like it's not enough to just say "presence charms" and leave it at that as to why a Dragon-Blooded might follow someone. That said, if she's not a Dynast, especially a non-native outcaste, the likelihood is much higher that she is less devoted to the Immaculate Philosophy, making it much easier for me to say that it's fine.
*snerk* well, i did say that was the short version, lets try alittle more detail;
I had planned to place a small Immaculate temple in the valley, set into the sheer wall, its a small/out of the way sort of place, theres never been more than a dozen monks there, its more of a place for isolation and meditation than anything else. Naturally, they keep the valley on the calendar and do what little maintenance they have to, like running feast days. In the current day i had pictured three mortal monks and one young outcaste Fire-blood who chose monkdom over legiondom, shes there as part of her training. Turns out the fireblood is impulsive, so they sent her to the quiet ass place to temper herself (and totally not because the dynasts didnt want a peasant around to crimp their style). The dragonblood and Silk had several trysts over the years, being of similar ages, and often having a excuse to get in touch (Listeners are a important part of the local Immaculate thing after all!)... and well, a Exalted and the prettiest girl in the valley, what would you expect? XD

When she returned after her exaltation and started preaching her revelations about the lies of the Immaculates, the local immaculate tried to stop her. The mortal monks were completely useless, because mortal XD. the fireblood did way better, but ultimately succumbed to Silk's persuasions and stopped fighting... and well, she can be VERY persuasive.. she talked the DB out of fighting, and then convinced her of the things she had learned, and eventually won her over as a convert, and Silk worked out the details of her new religion with her (since a Immaculate DB, even a novice, probably knows way more about the mechanics of worship and heaven than a peasant girl).

When Silk left to spread her new cult, she probably left the DB in charge.

Opinions?

As for board... i would propose NonCon Exotic SmallGroups. Not because we are likely to go that way... but because thats the absolute worst i can imagine happening. IIRC its lowest common denominator isnt it?

...Unless King has a secret torturegore fetish... then Extreme.  :P

Thufir Hawat

Yay for us, I made it!
WK, I'd vote for N-C Exotic, not because I have anything planned. The worse I can see Crooked Crane Krum doing is going to be something like using an Excellency to help him seducing a cutie.
But Infernals or corrupt gods might appear at some point. And thing is, E. is separated by sub-forums with the assumption that the players know the kink levels of the game they're going in, but Exalted games often allow surprises ;D!

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 03:39:08 PM
she tried to fight my character when she first turned up, but ive got enough presence charms to seduce a boulder XD, and they ended up doing quite the opposite of fighting
Do you really mean that you seduced her to make her fill your tax returns, or am I misunderstanding :P?
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 15, 2015, 06:53:31 PMDo you really mean that you seduced her to make her fill your tax returns, or am I misunderstanding :P?

No no, thats the Sidreal's job.

Winter King

My own inclination is to say that I am almost 100% certain that rape will not be a part of this game - as in, depicted in any sort of detail. It will be a thing that happens and/or happened in the past, but generally, I avoid it like a plague, because dear god I'm not comfortable depicting it in any sort of medium.

That said, you guys make good points about the lowest common denominator... (though rape-Infernals are dead forever, and I am pleased).

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 04:55:45 PM
Mix i would propose, but I'm fine with it if you feel more inspired to give it social abilities,
I have a few vague thoughts knocking about, but I think that I've forgotten them at this time of night, so I'll let you know sometime soon.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 04:55:45 PM*snerk* well, i did say that was the short version, lets try alittle more detail;
I had planned to place a small Immaculate temple in the valley, set into the sheer wall, its a small/out of the way sort of place, theres never been more than a dozen monks there, its more of a place for isolation and meditation than anything else. Naturally, they keep the valley on the calendar and do what little maintenance they have to, like running feast days. In the current day i had pictured three mortal monks and one young outcaste Fire-blood who chose monkdom over legiondom, shes there as part of her training. Turns out the fireblood is impulsive, so they sent her to the quiet ass place to temper herself (and totally not because the dynasts didnt want a peasant around to crimp their style). The dragonblood and Silk had several trysts over the years, being of similar ages, and often having a excuse to get in touch (Listeners are a important part of the local Immaculate thing after all!)... and well, a Exalted and the prettiest girl in the valley, what would you expect? XD

When she returned after her exaltation and started preaching her revelations about the lies of the Immaculates, the local immaculate tried to stop her. The mortal monks were completely useless, because mortal XD. the fireblood did way better, but ultimately succumbed to Silk's persuasions and stopped fighting... and well, she can be VERY persuasive.. she talked the DB out of fighting, and then convinced her of the things she had learned, and eventually won her over as a convert, and Silk worked out the details of her new religion with her (since a Immaculate DB, even a novice, probably knows way more about the mechanics of worship and heaven than a peasant girl).

When Silk left to spread her new cult, she probably left the DB in charge.

Opinions?
See, this is much easier for me to swallow than any sort of Dynast jumping ship. We can discuss her in more detail later, but I imagine that she's probably fine.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 15, 2015, 04:55:45 PMAs for board... i would propose NonCon Exotic SmallGroups. Not because we are likely to go that way... but because thats the absolute worst i can imagine happening. IIRC its lowest common denominator isnt it?

...Unless King has a secret torturegore fetish... then Extreme.  :P

See above. :P

Check out my world!