News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sexy space pirates! [MUL]

Started by Jingo, November 25, 2009, 07:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Interested in some of that intergalactic cosmic space opera action roleplaying you've seen done here but aren't so sure about clunky rules systems or established settings you're not so familiar with? Then this might be the RP for you!

Wanted: One jaunty crew of freewheeling dare-devils and space desperadoes to fly the friendly skies of the outer system, get into all sorts of trouble, and hopefully have a sexy time getting back out of it! Maybe about six of us? Let's keep it even: three guys and three girls.

Exotic: Small Group. Sexual Encounters both vanilla or light bondage, but consensual.

Setting:

Nothing specific, just a standard far-flung future where mankind has advanced to the stars, genetically progressed into a multiple variety of species, has ready access to plenty of technology and most sexual taboos have more or less been formally broken.

Pregnancy isn't a concern unless you want it to be. It's easy to be attractive yet physically unique: catgirls or wolfen or any sort of hybrids are plentiful in the far future, cyborgs or animated holo-tattoos are whatever you want.

However as a space pirate crew we're not necessarily top-of-the-line; you can have cool stuff but something somewhere is probably always breaking down, and a big part of being a space pirate means that you're seeking your fame and fortune and thus haven't found it yet.

It's not an overly violent future, it's an action-packed fun one. The success of space piracy comes from leaving people alive while just hijacking the neat-o stuff, so that they'll keep flying the same routes with more neat-o stuff to hijack. The only people that lose out are the intergalactic insurance companies, and those guys have too much money anyway and are probably run by bozos.

System:

Here's the rub - I'm not a terribly talented or experienced GM. I don't have any sort of overarching plot in mind for this (from what I've seen those are really hard to pull off anyway). So I'm hoping for some fairly free-form, mostly GM-less roleplaying. If I have an adjudicatory role, I'd rather it was more or less in the scene-setting and winding everyone up and letting them take it from there.

In that same vein I'm hoping to encourage people to abide by an honor system where you don't hog the spotlight, don't get off on the idea that your character is better than everyone else, and generally buy into the idea that everyone is already friends or at least comfortable co-workers. Feel free to play up some conflict or sexual tension or whichever but don't be the guy (or girl) who decides they're working at cross-purposes to everyone else.

Intrigued? Hit me with any questions, throw some ideas at me, or pitch a character concept.
Give him/her a name, background, and something that makes them fun and unique!

joker123

Name: James Le Morgan
Hair: Blueish, mid length   Eyes: Blue
Age: 75 (appears mid 20's)   Height: 6'2"    Weight: 185 lbs.
Genetic profile: Enhanced Elf, no abnormalities
Cybernetics: None
Appearance: http://darrkestdrow.deviantart.com/art/Captain-Fauchevont-125527013
Likes: Power, money, woman, adventure, gambling, and  a good time
Dislikes: Government, Large Companies,

Personality: James is a charming ladies man (if you ask him anyway) and is also a cunning, sneaky bastard. The rouge doesn't like direction confrontation, preferring instead to use his sliver tongue to deal with any problems that come up. That is not to say that he can't take care of himself when it comes down to brass tacks, James always caries a pair of las pistols with him.

History: James was born  the son of a nobleman, but found the life boring, so he used his inheritance to get into the pirate game. He tired it solo for a couple of years, but found only limited success. Eventually he joined up with the promising up and coming crew of captain Letarsky. Like the style of the captin and the rest of the crew, he has decided to stay on.

OmegamanX

“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”

“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point. Have another biscuit, sorry.”
-Eddie Izzard

Wolfy

o-o..I guess I call third Guy? ..I dunno if there are any left. >_<

Hunter

*looks interested*

DeviantMunster

Jingo

To answer general questions, yes, all players are part of the same crew on the same ship, a frigate about the size of a 7-room house attached to a set of hefty spacejet engines.

And to make it worse, I'm claiming one of the "guy" slots (Sorry Wolfy and Hunter). So far then we've got:

• The Captain! - played by me
  • Male crewmember 1 - Joker123
  • Male crewmember 2 - Omegamanx
  • Female crewmember 1 - DeviantMunster
  • Pepper Aldritch - played by Shihong
  • Female crewmember 3 - ??

If someone drops out or whichever people can express interest as backups. Also if one of you guys really wants to play I personally don't have a problem with cross-gender roles.

I'll try to post a character bio of the captain soon, so you guys can crib it for format and general setting info.

DeviantMunster

*pouts!* That's unfortunate. Since they got here before me.

Jingo

Quote from: DeviantMunster on November 25, 2009, 10:51:04 PM
*pouts!* That's unfortunate. Since they got here before me.
If I didn't think it would get crazy, I'd open it up for anyone who wanted to play, I don't mean to be exclusionary. But I'm new at this.  :-[

I did note that I was hoping for 3 girls/3 guys in the OP. Poor Wolfy, I think he realized he was cut-off when he posted, sorry dude.

I guess instead of first-come first-serve I could let everyone post character bios and just pick the ones I think would fit best together, but maybe being meritocratic is even meaner, I don't know...

DeviantMunster

Do what you think is best! And yes, I'd love to see your Captain bio, so I can get started on fishing up a character. *Nods*

OmegamanX

Yeah...anyway heres mine.
Kurt Sparrow
He has messy black hair, a cyber sword on his side and wearing the ships uniform [if any] He comes from earth as some say that he is the living descendant of the legendary captain Jack sparrow. he joined the pirate crew hoping he would exceed his ancestor one day. And what makes him unique? He the decedent of captain jack sparrow, and acts like him to!
“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”

“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point. Have another biscuit, sorry.”
-Eddie Izzard

Jingo

Okay, let's try something like this.

Captain Timmet Letarsky

Hair: Blueish, mid-length   Eyes: Purple
Genetic profile: Enhanced Human, no abnormalities
Cybernetics: Innocuous interlink to the ship, holographic data readouts on arm.

Tall, intelligent and handsome, Timmet was a naturally talented and wealthy scion of an interplanetary megacorp destined for great executive power. The trouble was, he disliked authority and had little interest in business, especially status gained purely through nepotism. Squandering company time and profits on ridiculous or humorous ventures (A space station staffed entirely by sexbots, a new drink that changed the color of your skin based on the way you said "Awesome!") found him in poor favor with his higher-ups.

After a rather disastrous falling-out at a major shareholder meeting near the Visetrian Construstion Station he squandered his company credit and credentials on access to a class-seven private military frigate that was being laboriously fine-tuned for off-system courier duty and absconded off with it, waving a hearty vulgar insult on the com and a middle finger pointed at the rear screens.

He subsequently painted it red and black (with holo-flames!) and renamed it "The Vicious Rumor" because, well, you never hear it coming. Fortunately he found that his former ego problem was being tempered considerably by the need for talented companions and a good eye for heavy-loaded shipping lanes.

The Ship: (before the paintjob)

Jingo

Quote from: OmegamanX on November 25, 2009, 11:13:37 PM
Yeah...anyway heres mine.
Kurt Sparrow
He has messy black hair, a cyber sword on his side and wearing the ships uniform [if any] He comes from earth as some say that he is the living descendant of the legendary captain Jack sparrow. he joined the pirate crew hoping he would exceed his ancestor one day. And what makes him unique? He the decedent of captain jack sparrow, and acts like him to!
Naah, no ship uniforms, not with this crew.

Can you spice it up a little? What talents does he bring to the ship? What makes him unique? What set him off on the road to space piracy?

DeviantMunster

Oh! I forgot to ask. What sort of things do you expect to be around in this era? Lots of impressive cybernetics? Androids? Psionics? Giant super-enhanced soldiers?

Crovonovin

Hell yes, space piracy!  Just what I've been looking for!

Name: Pepper Aldritch
Profession: Beatin' Things Until There Ain't Nothin' Left To Beat
Sexuality: Anything that can be tied down and made to squeal.
Likes: Power, money, large weapons, small weapons, money, black eyes, broken jaws, fighting, money, explosions, drinking, stealing money, handing out beatings, worthy opponents, foreplay, insults, insulting attempts at foreplay, and money.
Dislikes: Playing by rules, not-drinking, not-fighting, and not-swearing, being poor, being powerless, being hungry, and not being able to hear someone scream out in pain at least once every twenty-four hours.

Personality:  Pepper is the very definition of obscene, in nearly every aspect of her being.  She is a creature that would seem far more at home in the barbaric ages of Earth's distant past, when it was perfectly normal for human beings to regularly beat the ever loving tar out of each other simply because they could.  Along these lines, she is exceedingly quick to spurn technology in favor of the far more primitive, if occasionally effective, method of hitting things until the problems are solved.  It is a testament to her skill that said problems tend to stay solved after she's given them a good throttling, but her total lack of people skills have made her quite a few enemies over the years.  These tend to be the relatives of the "problems" in question, as they are generally in no condition to be seeking revenge of their own accord.

When not beating people for money or sport, she tends to enjoy unwinding in taverns and drinking things of dubious quality that are known for taking the varnish off furniture or eating holes through wooden floors.  She often boasts at having a cast iron stomach and diamond-infused liver, as her level of inebriation never quite seems to get to lethal levels.  Be that as it may, her raucousness when under the influence of alcohol can be nearly as dangerous as her berserker rage, albeit slightly less likely to get anyone killed.  Usually. 

Though she tends to act as a roving mercenary, Pepper is known for joining up on a semi-permanent basis with pirate crews she "deems worthy".  In other words, whomever she believes will get her the most profit in the long run.  Her relationship with captains tends to be somewhat shaky due to dominance issues, but she has never gone so far as to instigate outright mutiny.  Attempting to give her orders is especially tricky, unless worded like "suggestions" of what she should be doing in any situation.  As she seems to have a rather one-track mind when it comes to her job during missions, she is usually free to be let loose and cause mayhem without need for intervention.

In more intimate situations, Pepper is completely adamant in taking charge.  Usually with prodigious amounts of chains.  Strangely enough, she is not in any way the sort to be casual with her flesh; in fact, it is exceedingly rare to see her in anything less than full battle regalia, even when sleeping.

History:  It is widely known that Pepper has been a member of several now defunct military organizations, most of whom perished in bloody civil wars during colonization disputes in decades past.  Her habit of always choosing the losing side is a matter of some debate; some believe her to be a bad omen for anyone choosing to keep her on their side, while others assume (correctly) that she simply predicted which army would fail and decided to enlist just for the sake of challenging herself.  In those days she was far from being just a bloodthirsty, drunken maniac.  Many fellow veterans react with some measure of disbelief upon hearing of her more recent exploits; though she was always known for her brutality, the woman was always considered both a brilliant tactician and even a somewhat inspirational, if terrifying figure.

What happened to change her in such a way is unknown.  It was during this uncertain period that she lost her right eye and began to obsessively wear her armor.  Her story regarding the ocular injury changes with each telling, and it is likely that all of them are outright fabrications to hide some truth unbearable even to her.  Some glimmer of her former life still clings to her and shines through from time to time, but whatever occurred in the interim was enough to send her completely off the deep end.  For what it's worth the pirate life seems to suit her quite well.  In her mind there is no greater thing than personal power, and the freedom that it provides.  She makes it no secret that she believes herself to be completely above the law and its restrictions, claiming: "Ye want to tie me down with yer bloody codes 'n manifestos?  Ye kin choke on yer own bile!  When there comes a day when any among ye kin stand against me, beat me down ta near death, and teach me what fear means, maybe then I'll consider listenin' ta what ye have ta say.  'Till ye git the balls ta do that, I'll be over here fuckin' each 'n every last one of yer mothers, ye great bloody gits!"

Recently she has joined up with a rather different sort of crew, under the promise that she tone down some of her more violent tendencies while on the job.  Thankfully the prizes more than outweigh her need to kill anyone; beating them to a pulp and smashing any non-lucrative technology will simply have to do.

Jingo

Quote from: DeviantMunster on November 26, 2009, 12:08:26 AM
Oh! I forgot to ask. What sort of things do you expect to be around in this era? Lots of impressive cybernetics? Androids? Psionics? Giant super-enhanced soldiers?
Anything you like, yes... I'm leaving the setting "open" for the players to have fun with it. If you think it's awesome and it doesn't totally overshadow what everyone else has put in, please add it in!

Haven't really thought about aliens yet, though. I think for the most part it's a human (or human-based) universe.

Jingo

Pepper is awesome. I hereby deem her the ship's "muscle"!

Other roles that might inspire people (you don't have to use these, just suggestions).

• Ship's engineer, main engine room
  • Data techie and Hacker
  • Light-flyer or Armored flight suit maintenance
  • Ship's cook
  • DJ and party organizer
  • Navigator and statistician
  • Accountant (sexxay!)
  • Pilot
  • communications and sensor array
  • Ship's gunner
  • Fixer / Fence liaison
...and so on.

Yeeeehaw, avast, ye scrubs, there's star systems to plunder!

DeviantMunster

Phew, done! I'm terrible at making bios, so hopefully this'll sort of appease anyone that reads it.

Name: Serafina 'Crimson' Zephyr
Previous Occupation: Assassin, Sister of the Chantry
Appearance:

Genetic Profile: Nascent Psychic
Sexuality: Bisexual
Likes: Fixing, tinkering, guns, chocolate, cute animals, cute things, religion, books, reading, helping others
Dislikes: Death, government, corporations, drugs, excessive violence

Personality: Serafina, a name given to her by the Chantry, is a rather withdrawn individual, simply put. Quiet and subservient, she rarely seems to voice her opinion, at least among the grouping of pirates. Rarely is she outside of her room or the engineering decks, prefering the quiet hum of the engines to human company. In fact, she usually enjoys tinkering on her pet projects than socializing with her allies, making her seem a good deal anti-social.

Serafina is a creature of dueling natures. On one hand, she hates hurting others and exploiting people. She loves helping others and doing what is right, at least in her own mind's view. Yet at the same time she's joined up with a band of pirates, beings that plunder and take from those less fortunate. Furthermore, she's even become the gunner of their powerful ship, in charge of taking out the opposition. But while that may be true, she believes strongly in freedom from those that would force others under their thumb, and while she dislikes fighting in battles, she usually does so out of defense. Almost always will she shoot to wound and disable, rather than outright destroy.

Serafina is religious. Indeed, every since joining the Chantry, she has soaked up that religion like a sponge. She believes strongly in redemption, and seems to quite fervently wish to atone for whatever past sins she's committed. Every day, early in the morning she goes through her ritualistic prayers, and rarely can be made to stop while she's performing them. While she's not adamant about spreading her beliefs to others, she does occasionally mention those beliefs when they're related to a particular actions they're about to commit.

Serafina has a darker nature. Years of being physically and emotionally abused has made her rather broken, though much of her has been "fixed" while under the care of the Chantry. Despite that however, her past still has kept up with her. She was and still is a naturally born killer, and while she rarely shows her more devilish behaviour, it does come out on occassion when she's horribly furious, or she seems some terrible act being committed.

History: Serafina grew up on a populated planet, in one of their hive-like cities. It wasn't a happy childhood, being brought up by poor parents that could barely afford to feed her, as much as they did love her. Friends of hers were either killed or kidnapped every year, and violance was as common as the multitudes of orphans that lined the streets. Yet, still she could find little pieces of happiness in an otherwise bleak world. But it was not to last.

She didn't know why her father told her to get dressed in such a quiet voice, or why there a group of armed men outside their door, but she did as she was told. What she did realize, as money exchanged hands, was that she'd been sold to these men. Later, once they'd taken her away, crying silently as she stared at the smaller and smaller home, she realized her father had needed the money to pay off accumulating debts; she could hardly blame him. Yet she always wondered how her mother had felt about it.

One might suspect that children aren't really of any use to hardened criminals, what with their demand for food and rather weak bodies. Yet if one had the patience to see a child through to adulthood, they could prove to be invaluable tools. The Red Song, a guild of assassins and crooks were known for kidnapping children and indoctrinating them, fashioning them into tools of war. Many died in the process, yet those who survived became living machines of death, and that's exactly what they needed. Crimson, as they eventually named her, became a well known and lethal assassin herself, becoming hopelessly jaded. All she really wanted in return was simply toys, mechanical trinkets she could work on since they seemed to be the only things that gave her a sense of calm amongst all the death.

The Chantry was a religious group, yet also a militaristic one, lead by a group of 'Inquisitors' on one of the "holy" planets they controlled. Yet it wasn't one of those Inquisitors, but a simple Matron, one of the women in charge of a small temple in a quite large city, that affected Crimson's entire life. It was after one of her missions, one that had gone terribly wrong, that their meeting occurred. Still sweating and running through the crowded streets after her killing had been seen by the guards, she had run into the small temple. What occurred there she doesn't usually speak of, though there's usually a fond light in Serafina's life, and she claims the Matron helped her see her past wrongs while offering shelter against those that would take her back.

Years later, after having become a Sister of the Chantry, Serafina eventually joined up as an "Order Warrior", one of the smaller militaristic branches of the Chantry, claiming to be "fighting for peace." Her belief ran strong in the Creator, and she did everything she could to help the Chantry out, at least until the sudden "accident." Even to this day no one really knew what happened, except that that small temple had burst into flames, and no one had survived. Of course, no one seemed to know why the doors had been locked, and they metal twisted in such a fashion to prevent them from being opened.

Serafina simply drifted away from the Chantry after that, angry and confused, though she felt she knew who had caused the burning, though she never spoke of it. One is known is that she eventually joined up with a group of pirates after moving from one senseless job to another, and she hopes that now she might find the answers she had been seeking.

Elven Sex Goddess

If still looking for female crew, will take on a female crew member roll.

Hart

I know that all the male spots have been filled up...

But if anything opens, or something changes that could let in one more, you have a willing Pirate ready for duty Cap'n! ;D

Carlissa

Are there any spots left open? I would really, REALLY, REALLY like to join!

And can I make a suggestion? You shouldn't have limited spots in an rp. Not only is it annoying, but it is VERY unfair to other people who want to join. I can understand that you want to even out the male female ratio, but there are better solutions.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Rachubka

OmegamanX

What talents can he bring? Hes and expert pilot and navigater. He is very handy with a sword and is somewhat of a flirt. Instead of a uniform he wears a white shirt with a blood red vest, and black pants with big cyber boots [looks like megaman boots] and an arm cannon on his right hand. [like samus]

-Eddie Izzard

Jingo

Wow! A lot more people want to play this!

I agree with Carlissa, I hate to leave people out. my main concern was being too inexperienced to handle a large group of people, but since I'm trying to eschew GMing for the most part in favor of free-form RPing, maybe that's not really something I should worry about?

So what if instead of a game involving a small crew aboard a fast pirate frigate, what if it was just a larger setting, like some sort of Port Royale-like space station where pirates come and go, join up together for missions, or just trade stories over blue Venusian ale?

What do you guys think? I'll try to spend the weekend putting together a larger playground for people to get engaged by, and then everyone can play. :)

wildstar

I find this idea cool. and if you do expand this I'd be game to join in. the port royal spaace station idea sounds cool.

iridum248

The idea looks absolutely fascinating. I'd love one of the female roles, if available~

Inspiration:

Carlissa

Well, I didn't want you to change the idea of the rp...

I just thought it would be more fair if more than six people could join.

And plus, a 7-man crew, no offence to anybody, could not run a ship all by themselves...But it depends on the ship size, really.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

joker123

well, here is an idea

we could have two ships, crewed by around 6 people each because the computers on the ships can run the rest, that compete against each other as rivals.

Vandren

Definitely interested as I've been looking for a good SF group for a while

Quote from: CarlissaI just thought it would be more fair if more than six people could join.

While true, this isn't the point, as Jingo has repeatedly noted.

Quote from: Carlissa on November 27, 2009, 09:36:11 AMAnd plus, a 7-man crew, no offence to anybody, could not run a ship all by themselves...But it depends on the ship size, really.

Depends on the technology more than size.  For example: a Star Trek Federation starship needs a fair sized crew for optimum use, but can be controlled by as few as one or two people due to the heavy computerization; the starship Andromeda can be run by literally zero crew because its computer is an advanced AI (the actual crew used for most of the series is 6, inc. Rommy); an Imperial Star Destroyer requires a few hundred crew because there's no computer automation; the Galactica (BSG) also requires a large crew because there's minimal computer networking and no central computer core.

So, really, it depends on the setting technology.  Remember that a starship is not a 19th century sailing vessel or even a modern 21st c. ship.   Depending on tech, a lot can be automated or turned over to semi-sentient robots.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elven Sex Goddess

I recently have started in a game that is pretty awesome.   Actually a couple of games.   And they have bogged down,  due to only having a limited number of people.    As often happens,  real life takes someone away from being able to commit on a regular basis.  It slows the games down. 

So I started up a D&D campaign, at first was going to run it with standard party fo 6.  But decided to incorporate  my home group, where we have at least 10 people.    However, like on here.   Not everyone can make  it week to week.  So it works out, as we usually run six to seven.    So applying such to a board game.   It hopefully will allow to have at least a active core of players at all times.   Yes some might fade to the background at times.   But the game won't get stagnant.   With having to wait on others.

Plus this is a free form game.   Not a system so a scenario of two crews completing against each other.  A good idea but how would you arbitrate such with out a rules system.   

Finally yes it might seem daunting to allow more then what your comfortable with.  But remember that in the freeform setting.  You have provided the backdrop,  really do nothing more then intermediate conflicts that might arise.  An the players generate the stories within.    And yourself having the mantra of storyteller.   You might orchestrate plots such as the crew pirating a vessel.   Like for example in the fifth element when the cruise ship was raided.     

Vandren

If there's no overarching plot and it is effectively a sandbox-style freeform group, then dozens of players could conceivably be included.  In that style group, the GM/Mod is basically there to deal with player-player disputes and to ensure at least a little continuity (so that Group A doesn't blow up the galaxy while everyone else ignores it).  However, given Jingo's stated concerns, if that's the route, I'd recommend at least one co-GM/Mod.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

ReijiTabibito

This sounds awesome.  I've been looking for more sci-fi games...how's the gender balance in this game?  I've been told I play a pretty convincing girl, so I can go either way.

DeviantMunster

Poor Jingo. Seems like this game has been kidnapped from him!

Carlissa

Actually, we should be congratulating him. He made an rp that is very popular.

Vandren

Quote from: DeviantMunster on November 28, 2009, 06:23:19 AMPoor Jingo. Seems like this game has been kidnapped from him!

How so?  Just looks like he's been offered more players than he'd expected, that he's considering other options, and that people are offering suggestions should he decide to expand things.  If he chooses to keep things small, I'm sure most of us will accept that decision.

Carlissa

So, am I allowed to make a profile now?

wildstar

i think the idea of two going agains't each other sounds good.

Carlissa

Quote from: wildstar on December 01, 2009, 08:15:02 AM
i think the idea of two going agains't each other sounds good.

Well, the it would take the original idea out of the rp, would it not?

wildstar

well true but Jingo will ultimately decide how he wants the story to go.

Carlissa

thats true, but he needs to log on first! xD

Where is he, btw? Does anyone know?

Vandren

Quote from: Carlissa on December 01, 2009, 05:12:51 PMWhere is he, btw? Does anyone know?

My guess would be that he may have a job, or a life offline . . . or just might have caught a bug and be laid up sick . . . no, wait, those are the things that keep me offline for multiple days.

As G'n'R once said, "Just a little patience is all we need"

Carlissa

I know, I just don't want this thread to die before it starts  :-(

ShamshielDF

I would certainly be interested in this ^_^  I have always loved space opera/science fiction.

If you're thinking of expanding the game (either within the single ship or expanding out to a larger universe) I already have a concept in mind.  Based on a sci-fi gaming system I loved that sadly died, I was thinking a ships tech/hacker/geek/cyberneticist based on the mechalus from Alternity.  For visualization think of them as the distant cousins of the borg in Star Trek.  Where the borg are squared off and clunky the mechalus are curvy.  Where the borg completely suppress individuality, the mechalus almost seem to go to extremes, as if trying to prove to others they aren't machines.  They have nanites as part of their bodies from birth, making it completely natural for them, and their bodies would be described as idealized human, given their common ancestry combined with the fact the nanites help guide their body's development.

Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

breaker

any spots left? the group i was going to do some DND RP died [or they didn't IM me], but I'm sure I could change gears for a sci-fi theme no prob.
I don't have an idea what to do right now role wise but you could always use a cook or medic maybe. Maybe even a sexy [scare the men, confuse the ladies] androgy cook or medic :3.
I just... um... need to know where to post something if you want a background or just flat out RP  ;D

Edit#1: Just found a nice pic that needed some hair and eye color manipulation, also i guess you could call it my first shop XD

there's probably some spots that people with discerning eyes can see, but i think it came out decently. only problem is its too big for my avatar image, so i have to shrink the @#$%^er down.

edit#2: Yeeeessssssssssssssss, finally.

Rune

Put me down as interested as well! Let me know if any openings in the group appear.

breaker

*lurks in
damn, looks like this one is dead on arrival. Any chance to revive it? Or is everyone else done with this for now  :'(

Tsakara

ChaoticSky

id also like confirmation that this died (seems it did from what i read).

if so, id consider starting something in the same vein... (though ill probably regret it!) but my version would be... darker.... probably. ^^

Vandren

Seeing as Jingo's been on E. recently (three days ago), but hasn't posted in a month, it's a safe bet that the idea's toast.

ChaoticSky

alrighty

im not sure if your still watching this space jingo, but if you are... your welcome to join mine if you still have a interest in this sort of idea. else, thank you for setting me onto the idea *bow*

Hunter

I've got a catboy just begging to be played....

Brandon

Ya know a long time ago I made a game similar in theme in this one but based around a military group that kept the peace between waring factions in the seperate galactic species but it never got off the ground. I still have several of the story lines I wrote up for the game somewhere on my PC. So if people are still interested and if Jingo approves when I send him a PM I would not mind taking over this game. Its just 3 things would need to happen, I would have to have room for a cute Futa neko (my own character), a partner for her, and of course Jingo would have to give me permission to take it over.

So if people are still interested speak up so I can get a headcount
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Brandon

Update: Jingo has given me permission to take over the game. If people want in on the game then please post so I can get an accurate headcount for players. If there is still a lot interest the game will probably be started up soon and if not then I wont bother taking it over and the thread can die off

Edit: I forgot to mention that I will be adding a character to the game as well
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

wildstar

ShamshielDF

I'm definitely still interested ^_^
Ons and offs!
A&A

Hunter

Carlissa

Brandon

One thing I forgot to ask of everyone. If you have not yet written up a character please do so at this time so I know youre serious about the game. I will have mine written up tonight

Rough Draft for my character

Name: Tyla (pronounced Tie La)
Sex: Futa
Sexuality: Likes females only

Picture: http://s420.photobucket.com/albums/pp289/guardianangel98/?action=view&current=Nekogirl3.jpg

Description: Tyla stands just under six feet tall with an athletic build for a woman of her size. Like all Varen she is a flawless pale skin that lacks any hair except on her head and on her tail. She keeps her blue mane cut short barely falling down to her shoulders and unable to hide her prominent cat ears that she displays with some amount of pride. Her clothes vary but she tends to wear revealing clothes that are tight against her skin and hard to grab onto but she especially enjoys the feel of leather against her skin.

Personality: Energetic, caring and honest to a fault.

Background: Tyla was born on Vare two decades ago. Her species is a race of cat girls that have evolved in an odd direction to include no pure males. However, she is one of the one in a hundred thousand females that have taken on aspects of male and female genitals. When she first went through the change at the age of fourteen Tyla found herself confused as to her true sexual nature and retreated from Varen prides to the local resort cities.

She wandered around the city for a long time, making it a point to learn all she could about medicine because she thought there might have been something wrong with her but she soon found that her pursuit of information was something she enjoyed. By the time she found out that her transformation was a natural thing for her species she had already earned the equivalent of a doctor’s formal degree in medicine, surgery, and xenobiology.

She wasn’t sure what to do with herself at that point but with such a detailed education she decided the best thing to do was hire herself as a physician to the local ships that came in from time to time. She spent the next two years hitchhiking from ship to ship and making a name for herself as a miracle worker with a laser scalpel so it wasn’t long till the pirate organizations hired her on for her experience and expertise to keep a rag tag crew in one piece for a large paycheck

rancorius

Brandon

The current count is 3 "males" and 2 females. We would need 1 more female to even the group out. Once its evened out I would accept more people in the game as long as they had another male or female to partner up with. I dont want anyone to be left out on either the stories or the sexiness of the game

ReijiTabibito

I'd be willing to play a character of either gender - guy or girl.  Since we need girls right now, I can play one, but if we need to, in the future, I can switch back to guy (seeing as how, in the words of Jeff Foxworthy, I are one).

Brandon

Im not sure if hunter and wildstar would be alright or against cross gender roleplay (Im alright for it). If they are fine with it then I dont see any problems with allowing you in for that 3rd female slot

ReijiTabibito

Well, that would depend on precisely what they might feel uncomfortable with regarding crossplaying.  If it's just the sex, then I could just work with your character.  Just a suggestion.

ShamshielDF

Question...what positions/roles are taken on the ship so far?  I see a ships doctor, at the moment, and I have an idea for a character that would work well as either some sort of command or tactical position.  I just want to make sure I don't step on anyone's toes!
Ons and offs!
A&A

Brandon

I would say youre totally free to do tactical/command positions right now. I think first come first serve to the ships jobs is fair

ReijiTabibito

Well, if we wanna go by the Star Trek system of classification, the categories of position are:

Command
Tactical
Security
Engineering
Medical
Science
Navigation
Communications

And maybe a couple of others I'm not thinking of.

ShamshielDF

Given this is a pirate ship, I doubt we're going to have much in the way of a formal command structure.  Small ship, small crew, its going to be a lot more streamlined, I would think.

Captain
Pilot
Tactical (probably several people, also helping in other roles as able...general people to 'fight the ship' and act as guns on ground, board ships, etc.)
Engineering/technical
Medical (possibly backup for another, non-tac position)

I think Firefly terms, more than Star Trek.
Ons and offs!
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Given that the ship has only six people right now, I'm inclined to agree with you, but I think that by the nature of their positions, most of the crew would cover multiple spots.

Captain: Command, and maybe Tactical (the strategy portion, anyway).
Pilot: Navigation, Tactical (maneuvering the ship), and maybe Communications.
Engineer: Engineering/Technical, maybe Communications, and maybe Science.
Doctor: Medical, maybe Science.

Those're just examples, but the point is, the crew are going to be able to have to do multiple things.

Brandon

The ship is loose knit but it does require specialists in certain areas. medical, tactical being the biggest ones that come to mind. Im hoping that we get enough interest that everyone can have a specific job. Even if we dont theres always NPCs as an answer

ReijiTabibito

Well, if we want enough interest for a specific job, I think we're going to need more than 6 people on this ship...any suggestions on how to recruit more people?  Just my own thoughts.

Brandon

I dont think its that big of a deal. People can have whatever positions they like (as long as other players didnt take them yet) and if we need something filled then we can put an NPC in that position. The only thing position I have to have filled by a PC is the captain and obviously my character cant do that

ReijiTabibito

True enough...if I had my choice of spots, I'd like something in Science or Communications...though Engineering could do for both in a pinch if I had to.

ShamshielDF

Name: Salisa Ordret
Sex: Female
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 119 lbs
Race: Human
Description: Salisa is on the slender side and fit.  She makes certain to spend time excercising, working with weapons and reviewing her ship to make certain everything is in place.  Pirate though she may be, she has seen what happens to ships that are allowed to become too lax in their upkeep.  She isn't the type to insist everything is spotless, but she will come down like a moon on anyone she feels is becoming too undisciplined.

Salisa tends toward rather revealing clothes, completely comfortable with her body and amusing herself with the reactions of others.  She changes bed partners relatively often, occasionaly dragging the occasional captured crew she fancies to her bed, as often as not dropping them out an airlock after or recruiting them.  She wears an eyepatch over the socket of her right eye, having lost it some time ago and not having sought a replacement as of yet.  She tends to get defensive and upset when people pry about it overmuch.

Background: Salisa talks little about her past, before she 'obtained' her first ship, and she's worn the eyepatch since before the ship.  Rumors, of course, speculate about her past, that the eye was lost to a vac-suit failure, a knife fight with other pirates, a lucky duel shot and so forth.  The only things that can be agreed upon are that she has always been a fighter and her crews have done well.  On her third ship now, her first mate's inherited the previous two and maintain contact with her periodically.
Image:
Ons and offs!
A&A

Brandon

I like our new captain. Tyla will have to make sure to schedule some special examinations for her :P

I also went and did some looking. Hunter is not ok with cross gender (or more specifically men playing women) and Wildstar's O & O's dont say but according to his Intro thread he's not comfortable with males playing females either

ReijiTabibito

*sighs*  Goddammit, what the hell is so wrong with that?  It's not like I'm going to be in their faces, hitting on them whenever I can.  If they're uncomfortable about it, I'll steer clear of them whenever I can.

I'm just throwing this out here, but we could be losing out on a lot of potentially good roleplayers because of this little issue they're having.  We might not even be lucky enough to find a third 'real' girl who wants to play this!  This game might end up dying because of it.  Not saying that it will, just that it could.

Brandon

I never said I wouldnt play with you, I just wanted to point out that they are uncomfortable with it so no sexy scenes with them. I still expect everyone to interact with everyone in non-sexually based scenes though.

So we have 3 and 3 (when everyone finishes their characters) and we can add more players on a 1 female/1male basis or 1male/1male or 1female/1female if people want strictly homosexual couples

ReijiTabibito

And I am more than willing to work with that.  You're uncomfortable with writing a sex scene with a member that's crossplaying, okay, I can work around that.  I'll make my sexy with someone who is...namely you, or a girl.

ShamshielDF

It might be worth asking them if its simply intimate scenes they have issues with, in which case, as long as any cross gender play is strictly with those who are fine with it, they may be fine.  I don't know how squicked they are by it.  Some are fine with it as long as it's not them.  Others can't deal with it at all in the same game.  I'd say find out.

Also, I'll point out that females outnumber males 1.1:1 at the moment on Elliquiy.  The odds may be better than you think.
Ons and offs!
A&A

Crovonovin

By the way, I'm still here as Pepper Aldritch, my sheet being back on the first page.  As the "Ship Enforcer", or in some similar role.

Myrleena

*is considering chasing after ShamshielDF into this game...*

Brandon

Current list

Male roles

Brandon (as Tyla)
Hunter (no character yet)
Wildstar (no character yet)

Female roles

ShamshielDF (Salisa Ordret)
Carlissa (no character yet)
ReijiTabibito (no character yet)
Shihong (Pepper Aldritch)

Female Homosexual roles

Myrleena?

Male homosexual roles

None at this time

--------------------------------

Everyone needs a partner for sexy scenes thats pretty much my only rule. I will not limit the total number of crew members or anything like that. Just as long as everyone has at least 1 person to play with.

At this time Hunter and Wildstar take priority over you Shihong because they spoke up first when I took over the game. If we get in antoher heterosexual female youll be good to join the game though

ReijiTabibito

I'm working on my profile now.  It can be adapted to Science, Engineering, or Communications.  Hell, maybe even all three.  Just to work on the safe side, it there any sort of being that isn't allowed?  Example: Tyla is a cat-girl and Hunter talked about being a cat-boy, so I assume animal people are okay...

Brandon

Yeah I dont see anything wrong with semi-animalistic species. I dont think I want to go so far as Anthromorphic/furry unless you have a partner in mind and that wants that. Its personally kind of a meh for me.

Myrleena

I should point out that Pepper is a female character...

In any case, the idea that popped into my head is a stowaway tech that snuck on board the ship because she has a crush on the captain, and was chafing at social limitations on her homeworld.  Obviously I need more than that, but it was what came to mind.

Brandon

Thanks for pointing that out Myrleena, I edited the list

Right now the ratio has a bit of a problem. That problem being that Shihong and Reiji are males playing female and 2 of our male roles are not ok with cross gender roleplay. This more or less forces me to put both Carlissa and Shamshiel into their paired partners.

Pepper is open if youre alright with playing with a male whos playing a female but if you dont go for that it means I need a partner for you and a partner for Shihong.

I hope that made sense

Jingo

Thanks so much for taking this over, Brandon, so glad to see it getting legs again!

Crovonovin

If this really becomes that large of a problem, I would be fine playing Pepper without the need for a sexual partner.  To begin with I was far more interested in the idea and the plots that could form out of it, rather than the sexual encounters that could spring up.  Perhaps that's a bit odd of me, considering the title of this thread, but I've always been more of a story man, regardless of the site I happen to be writing on.  I would prefer not to simply step out of the roleplay altogether, and would find that a preferable alternative if there are so many other players that might find it problematic that Pepper is being played by a male.

Myrleena

I'm also a little taken aback by the fact that you're pretty much requiring the character to have a partner.  I mean...it even says in the Captain's profile that she doesn't keep the same partners.  And no character I play will just jump in bed with someone.

ShamshielDF

I do understand that it can be less fun for anyone that gets left out of erotic scenage, but trying to assign sex partners for an RP is a bit...awkward.  Especially for someone like the captain that has no problem with changing partners regularly, and really can't show favoritism with her crew (save, perhaps, her first mate/officer).

Trying to approximately balance sexual interests (I'm not going to say male/female as the captain is bi and Myr is lesbian)?  Good.  Refusing good players because it will upset the delicate balance?  Not so good.

The good captain will sleep with whomsoever she pleases, be they prisoner, cabin boy or ships doctor, and likely most of the crew at one point or another.
Ons and offs!
A&A

Hunter

As far as cross gender goes: as long as you're not my partner then I don't care.  I'll get to character development soon, it seems something keeps popping up.

Brandon

Partner is probably a bad word for it. What Im trying to ensure is an even ratio so that no one gets left out in sexually based scenes. It can be quite disheartening, I know because Im in a game right now where we're going through a plotline and have scenes outside of the main game yet my character has been left out more then once and its hard for me to keep going because it feels like Im not wanted. I dont want that to happen in this game.

Everyone needs to have at least one person to play with between plot lines and an even ratio achieves that purpose. Thats what Im saying. Let me know if Im not making sense here.

Hunter

Name: Fietra Dorn
Sex: Male
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 163 lbs
Race: Neko
Sexuality: Straight
Description: Fietra's pure white hair and red eyes are the result of genetic engineering.  Underneath his fur are a few scars, mostly from a variety of knife fights that he's gotten into over the years.  Fietra also retains his carnivorous fangs and retractable hand claws.  Unlike many people, he chooses not to wear shoes and dresses in loose yet flowing clothing.  He rarely wears any sort of armor (too confining for his liking) yet always seems to carry one or more weapons (of different sorts) concealed on his person.

Background: Fietra is a "genie" or a genetically engineered catboy.  Designed with hyper efficient  reflexes and agility, he was created for military service.  Unfortunately, he's also highly rebellious and very self centered.  He's got a sexual appetite that doesn't quit (yes, someone screwed up his DNA blueprint) and a metabolism that lets him eat everything not nailed down but yet not gain a kilo.

During his rapid growth cycle, Fietra was given a complete collegiate education (military history, surprise, surprise) as well as training in numerous weapons (from pistols up to ship mounted).  He deserted shortly after his enrollment in naval service and found his niche in piracy.  He's been with the captain for a while now and she is one of the few people he actually trusts to watch his back.

Image:

Vandren

I'm not sure that an even ratio is exactly necessary.  An even number, I can see as being potentially desirable.

Hunter

Quote from: Vandren on December 31, 2009, 06:24:36 PM
I'm not sure that an even ratio is exactly necessary.  An even number, I can see as being potentially desirable.

Exactly.  If I don't end up with a partner right away (or at all) then that's fine.  I've had too many bad experiences with males doing cross gender characters to be willing to engage (so to speak) with one any longer.

But as long as everyone else is happy....

Myrleena

*proceeds to get to work on her seriously messed up character*

Paladin

Is there still room in this? It looks damn interesting. I've always beena  Harlock and Emeraldis fan so this is right up my alley.

Brandon

if your ok with cross gender roleplay I can fit you in Paladin.

wildstar

ok here's mine.

Name: Sho Akagi
sex:male
height: 5' 8"
weight:195 lbs
sexuallity: hetrosexual

description:

history: Sho had lived on earth for most of his life. he had used to be a space navy ensign having a good job. he is a good shot at tageting and was nice with the ladies. that is until he was accused of being a traitor and was marroned on a desert planet for two years. he survived by his own wits and cunning. as well as being a crack shot with a laser pistol. he promised himself that one day he would get revenge on those that wronged him.

Paladin

Quote from: Brandon on December 31, 2009, 07:46:17 PM
if your ok with cross gender roleplay I can fit you in Paladin.

*Shakes head.* Not real keen on playing a female. sorry

Brandon

uh no I ment cross gender as in a different male playing a female character

Myrleena

Name: Vaneera Andyr (AKA: Indigo 353)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 137 lbs
Race: Genie (Genetically Engineered Human)
Sexuality: Lesbian
Description: Vaneera is of average height, but keeps herself trim and toned with regular exercise.  She has an odd beauty to her, in spite of her extremely reserved manner.  Her pale green eyes sparkle in the right light, though they are somewhat distant, and she has to tie back her auburn hair to keep it out of her work much of the time.  Usually she wears a thin skinsuit with several exoskeleton attachments that contain her most common tools, as well as protecting her from any sudden explosive decompressions.

Background: Vaneera started life as Indigo 353 in the Tango Facility of Voidcorp's Bioweapons division.  Part of the experimental Indigo project, she is part of the Alpha line of bio-engineered infiltrators and assassins.  Out of the 360 Indigo subjects, only 4 were viable, and of those only two survived past puberty.  The other two were culled during testing for being 'overly independent'.  Vaneera learned from this, and hid her own independent streak from the researchers.  She and Indigo 278 were the Tango Facility's star projects and achievements.  Meant to be used as sleeper agents, spies, and assassins when necessary, they were trained thoroughly on hacking and a variety of ways to kill.  Training was...harsh.  Indigo 278 died when a short in one of the simulators set off the hydrostatic charges buried in her brain and spine.  That incident was what fueled Vaneera's desire to escape more than anything else, but she had to be careful, for the same devices were buried inside her own body.

For nearly a year she continued her training.  She was designed to be a courtesan, able to be ready and able for sex at a moment's notice, yet able to kill in the same instant.  She learned of code phrases implanted in her brain to control her, or even to detonate the charges without the need for a transmitter, as well as the fact she required an extremely rare element to avoid death after a few weeks without.  The codes could do anything from forcing her to kill someone, to sending her into catatonia, to causing amnesia until other circumstances occurred.  And then, one day, the handler in charge of her mis-phrased one of the orders for her Assassination command.  She was able to target it on all those near, and killed not only the target, but every scientist and guard in the Tango Facility.  She wiped the computers, taking a copy of her own file, and ran, knowing that Voidcorp wouldn't let her go.  That they would have backup files, and that her only defense was to go somewhere they had no influence.

She ran first to the planet of Silverdawn, where many extreme Christians were colonizing.  It seemed a good place to start, and she spent another year there, building a background there as the daughter of a man there, who wasn't as good of a Christian as his neighbors believed.  At the same time she quietly learned about mechanics, managing to create a device to make the infusion she needed before her supply ran out.  When the man died of a mysterious heart problem, she went to the small spaceport and took a ship to Freeport Seven.  On the station, a place where many...free traders came to find rare goods, she began hunting for the kind of ship she was looking for.  In the meantime, she took up work repairing military equipment and bypassing lockouts that prevent them from being used by others.  When she found Captain Salisa's ship, she applied to board as an assistant mechanic.  Her cover, as it were, was that she had run from Silverdawn to avoid being married off, and that she had enough training to function as an assistant engineer.  She was hired, though the Captain seemed...skeptical at best about the truth of her history.  Of course, Vaneera doesn't realize that the Captain knows who, or more precisely what she is.  And is likely better off not knowing.

Image:

Paladin

Quote from: Brandon on December 31, 2009, 08:12:01 PM
uh no I ment cross gender as in a different male playing a female character

Oh, no I'm cool with that. I just don't normally play Females myself.

Brandon

Alright then I can fit you in.

I also love that Picture Myrleena

Myrleena

Yes...I was wandering around DeviantArt as I was making the character, and never expected to find a picture so perfect for her.  Yet somehow I did.

Paladin

Quote from: Brandon on December 31, 2009, 08:30:45 PM
Alright then I can fit you in.

I also love that Picture Myrleena

Any positions that need to be filled?... God that sounds dirrty. ;)

Brandon

What we have filled right now is Captain, ships doctor (and maybe first mate, I havnt decided yet), assistant engineer, and it looks like everyone else wants to be in tactical/security. So I think what we could use is communications, pilots, and a head engineer

Brandon

Updated list

Male roles

Brandon (as Tyla - ships doctor/first officer)
Hunter (as Fietra Dorn - security operative)
Wildstar (as Sho Akagi - tactical expert)
Paladin (no character yet)
Vandren?

Female roles

ShamshielDF (Salisa Ordret - Captain)
ReijiTabibito (Akiyama Akari)
Shihong (Pepper Aldritch - Mercenary)
Elven sex goddess (as Jae Kwan)

Female Homosexual roles

Myrleena (as Vaneera Andyr - assistant engineer)

Male homosexual roles

None at this time

Crovonovin

I would label Pepper as a Hired Mercenary at this time.  Sort of the "Jayne Cobb" of the crew: a "loyal" member for as long as the pay is good.

Brandon

Elven Sex Goddess

Hope this works.

Name:  Jae Kwan
Sex:  Female
Height:  5'1"
Weight:  96lbs
Race:  Sidhe
Sexuality:  Heterosexual
Description: Lithe petite curvy Sidhe female.   Her hair long golden tones of brown coloring.   Silver blue eyes that seem to reflect the universe from within.   As Sidhe are from the Fey racial stock.   Her ears are elfin in appearance, pointed.     Her true beauty coming from the eternal gracefulness that in which she moves. 

Background:    Jae Kwan is from a elder race of the universe the Sidhe.   Once they numbered in the billions like man and other prevalent races of the universe now.   But great tragedy came upon the Sidhe,  a calamity that nearly wiped them all out.   But in that moment of plight.  The last remaining Sidhe would have their eyes open to the truth.   That the universe was a living entity.   Beyond the realm of good and evil that existence is interwoven into the very fabric of the cosmos.  This wisdom of knowledge would allow them to transverse the pathways of universe.

However, it came at the height of calamity for the Sidhe.    Thus where other races number in the billions.  Only a few hundred exist of the Sidhe.   Enigmas to the other races,  a mysterious race considered seers,  prophets, witches of fable and lore.    For the Sidhe had faded into the deepest mysteries of the universe.   For the race immortal, yet frail  and can feel the cold touch of death upon them.    Rare is it a Sidhe moves amongst mortals.

Yet the young Jae Kwan has emerged from the depths of the universe shadows.   Young by her racial standards.   To enmesh herself into the doings of space pirates.   To move amongst the worlds of mortals.   What motivations that drive her to such, are unknown and alien as she is.    So whether for high adventure or carnal delights, that  has brought the young Sidhe aboard, remains a mystery.  Yet suddenly she has come and appeared.  Offering her services as a pathfinder.   

Through most might not realize her true heritage.   Often mistaken for one of her kindred races of which hers birth as off springs.   Such as Eldar,  Vulcans,  Romulans and such of the various races. 

Through a traveler of the pathways of the cosmos.   The weapons of choice of this space witch are the archaic weaponry of a rapier and flintlock pistols.    Her choice of weapons denoting a up close and personal embrace of combat.   Her passions are strong,  as every move, gesture is sparkled with a seductive tone of sensuality.  How she holds herself,  how she points.  Or even just how she sits or partakes of a drink or eats.    A very provocative creature is Jae Kwan.   

Hunter

Paladin

Quote from: Hunter on December 31, 2009, 10:42:15 PM
Ooooo!!  I wants to take her home and keeps her.   ;D
*Tackles Hunter* She's Mine! (((J/K man)))

Brandon

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on December 31, 2009, 10:40:34 PM
Hope this works.

Looks wonderful, added you to the list and I would so like to schedule a late night examination with her if she would like Tyla. If not then there are others she can play with  ;D

ReijiTabibito

And here's mine!

Name: Akiyama Akari (秋山 灯里)
Sex: Yes please!  (Female)
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 134 lbs.
B-W-H: HI-MI-TSU
Race: Elphorean

Description:  Akari is a short, but rather well-endowed Elphorean, her genes giving her very feminine curves instead of height.  She has long hair, and her ears are of the more common floppy kind.  Clothes vary, but typically she wears something that lets her tease people with peeks at her body – Akari’s favorite being a thigh-length, snug fitting minidress.

History:  Born on the planet Elphora, Akari is the youngest daughter of Hiro and Mio Akiyama.  Elphoreans are a race of near-humans, having rabbit ears instead of regular human ones, and a fuzzy bunny tail.  Akari was, at first, an unremarkable child, though her family being full of intellectual giants might have been a factor.  She was above-average, but not exceptional until she entered middle school, where she finally got her hands on technical and linguistics classes.  Akari then took off, showing a high degree of proficiency in picking up languages, as well as a knack for understanding technical equipment.  In high school she flourished, both in body – becoming a popular girl amongst the boys – and in mind, graduating at the top three percent of her class.  Her training qualified her to be a communications officer on civilian starships, having taken classes in linguistics, technical equipment – focusing on communications technology, and astrosciences – primarily physics, in order to understand some of the theory behind current communications equipment.

All she needed to be on a military ship was to go to an academy, and get certified.  While tuition was nothing, Akari would need to undergo a series of proficiency tests for her program.  Everyone was sure she’d get in, but to their surprise, the Akiyamas received a notification saying that Akari had been waitlisted for their sector academy.  Two weeks after, however, they got another notice, saying that Akari had been taking off the list, and accepted, and that she needed to report to the starport within 48 hours.  Packing in a hurry, taking only what they could fit into a pair of suitcases, they arrived at the starport with time to spare.  Then the ship took off, the academy being their supposed destination.  Supposed, because as soon as they were off-planet, Akari learned the truth about her ‘acceptance.’   Akari hadn’t been accepted to the Communications program, because of her mind; she had been accepted to the Crew Services program, because of her body.  An older brother, a military man himself, had told her stories about the Crew Services girls – officially, they were waitresses aboard the vessels, there to boost ‘crew morale.’ 

The real story, however, was much more frightening.  Crew Services girls were barely made a living wage aboard starships, since tipping was prohibited in the dining establishments.  If they wanted to have money to spend, they would have to do…things.  Things which were officially not condoned by military regulations, but things the military said they couldn’t fully control.  Not wanting to become a military-sponsored piece of eye candy and call girl, Akari refused.  That’s when the real scare came.  If she wouldn’t take the acceptance to Crew Services, the examiner said, then she was wasting the military’s money.  Money she would have to pay back…on her back.  Faced with the choice of being either in Crew Services, or a sex slave, she wisely picked Crew Services.  It wasn’t a choice she had to regret long, however.  The ship carrying her was attacked by the pirate ship captained by Salisa Ordret.  Seeing a way out of her troubles, Akari pleaded with the female captain to take her aboard, as a communications specialist, she would be able to pick up and decrypt military comm traffic, giving them targets to hit.  And that was that.  Captain Ordret took the young Elphorean aboard.

Akari’s life is pretty complicated now, it having been a year since she joined the crew.  Officially being reported as abducted during the raid of the examiner’s ship, she’s got her frantic parents, the military, and the examiner all looking for her.  She’s hoping she can find one of two vessels out in the black – the USS Al-Batani, her brother’s ship; or the ship commanded by the famed Elphorean Captain Yuuto Kawazoe, the USS Castle Rock.  If she can, then hopefully she can get the truth out about what happened with the examiner, and have an inquiry begin…

Equipment:  Akari has a few pieces of tech that she uses on a regular basis – she’s spent a good amount of her earnings buying and modifying them.  The first is a hand-sized trinary computer, which she’s heavily modified to do a lot of things communications related.  For example, it is capable of picking up coded military traffic, and while it can’t decrypt them, just having them for later is useful enough.  It can also serve as a universal translator.  The second is an Elphorean in-ear earpiece, which just finding was no mean feat, considering that they’re a rarity outside of Elphora.  She’s modified it to tap into the ship’s internal comm net, and her trinary computer.  The third is the ship’s communications array, which took most of the money she’s spent.  Originally, it was just a slightly better than average comm array, but with Akari’s help, she’s made it into a top-of-the-line system that rivals the ones found on large military starships.  She can intercept and decrypt military traffic, hear transmissions from systems away, jam system-wide transmissions, and most useful of all, she’s managed to keep all this high-powered tech from making a signal ripple no larger than that of your average freight cruiser.

Personality: Akari is somewhat capricious.  At one moment, she can be open, flirty, and sexually forward.  At others, she can be shy, and reserved.  It really depends on whether or not she feels like she’s in control of the situation.

Image:

wildstar

*Pushes both Hunter nd Paladin away* hey I want Jae Kwan too. *bows and Kisses Elven sex Goddess's hand* nice pic Elven

Vandren

I was going to go boarding party leader . . . but given the mercenary/tactical focus thus far, I'll put together an engineer tonight (well armed and whatnot, after all he is a pirate)

Paladin

Boarding Party Leader has been taken by me. I believe Hunter has taken shipboard security operations. That being said Brandon has told me that theres no reason we can't have more people in security. Course that was when I asked. He may have just meant me. Am not sure.

Brandon

Its still fine, more people in tactical, security, and boarding parties makes sense.

Only issue at the moment is I need another female to fit Vandren into the game. Oh and Carlissa and a Paladin need to get their characters done

Paladin

Slowly working on mine. I need a good picture first. It should be done by the weekend.

ReijiTabibito

I just might note that my character's name is done in the Asian orientation - family name, then given name.  So her name is Akari...just in case you didn't already know that.

Hunter

Quote from: Paladin on January 01, 2010, 11:19:56 AM
Boarding Party Leader has been taken by me. I believe Hunter has taken shipboard security operations.

That being said: There will be strip searches, ladies.    >:)

Hayley

If you're still down a lady, I'd be interested?

Brandon

Sure Haylay, with you we would have an even number again and no one would be left out

Updated list

Male roles

Paladin (no character yet - Boarding party leader?)
Vandren?

Female roles

ReijiTabibito (Akiyama Akari - Com officer)
Elven sex goddess (as Jae Kwan - ships Navigator)
Hayley?

Female Homosexual roles

Male homosexual roles

None at this time

Hayley

Brandon

btw I will be making the threads as soon as the final few get their characters written up. I do require they be done before you may enter the game because in the past Ive had people swear they will play, bent over backwards to assist them, and had them back out with some lame excuse. That annoys me to no end

Hayley

So, I was thinking at first of a gun runner/smuggler who joined up with the crew because it was too gosh darn dangerous for a gal on her own, but then I reread the thread and saw the discussions about positions (which I'd somehow managed to miss)

So - what position do we most desperately need?

Brandon

I think the only things were missing is a good pilot and a head engineer. Not that you couldnt fill other positions though

Paladin

I should have a playable character done tonight but I will be editing for a bit.

Hayley

One pilot coming right up:

Name: Toya Shecas
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 124
Race: Human
Sexuality: Bi
Picture:
(struggling to find one I like.  I'll get one up some time tomorrow, if thats ok?)
Background: Toya knows piracy and smuggling from both sides.  She worked for many years as a pilot for the Planetary Customs Service of a major trade planet, involved in keeping piracy out of the system and tracking down smugglers.  Soon though she grew fed up with the massive profits that smugglers brought in and her tiny in comparison official wage.  She tells it different now of course - her father needed life saving medical treatment, her boyfriend had underworld debts, whatever - but in truth it was pure greed that led her to arrange a meeting with the notorious smugglar Jaxan Tarr.

Overjoyed to have a member of the PCS on his payroll, Jaxan arranged a few jobs for her that he could prove she had done as future blackmail insurance and then slowly began dripfeeding her bigger and bigger work.  As her earnings grew she moved out of the modest flat she had been able to afford and into a luxurious orbital home, resplendant with imported rugs, foreign wines and two bioengineered male servants.

Of course the PCS weren't stupid.  They knew well that noone could afford her lifestyle on her salary.  The word went out for her arrest and it was sheer chance that she heard of it before she could be hauled in.  Panicked she ran to Jaxan Tarr for protection but he was outraged.  Outraged that her stupidity and hedonism had got her caught and outraged that his useful pet PCS officer was compromised.

With no help from him, Toya was forced to go on the run.  She managed to survive on her own for a while using her knowledge of the smuggler's networks but if she was going to earn serious money and live in serious comfort she would need to team up.  When she heard a pilot was needed, she saw her chance.

Toya is a creature of pure pleasure, not interested in money as such just what it can get her.

ShamshielDF

The captain is all for strip searches.  And mandatory oil rubs.  For all male and female personnel.  Mostly the men, though.  Especially security officers that get overly enthusiastic about their duties when it comes to members of the opposite sex...
Ons and offs!
A&A

Brandon

There will also be mandatory full body medical examinations for all crew members though they may or may not involve sexy fun depending on an individuals comforts ;)

Oh and she looks great Hayley

Updated list

Male roles

Paladin (Rydo Sakatoma - Boarding party leader)
Vandren (no character yet)

Female roles

ReijiTabibito (Akiyama Akari - Com officer)
Elven sex goddess (as Jae Kwan - ships Navigator)
Hayley (Toya Shecas - pilot)

Female Homosexual roles

Male homosexual roles

None at this time

Paladin

Yes Boarding party leader as in Lead Security when off ship.

Myrleena

Well, I know Vaneera is going to be avoiding full medical workups like the plague, though I'm sure that most of her...modifications are fairly discrete.  She doesn't want anyone knowing about her, though.

Hunter

Quote from: ShamshielDF on January 01, 2010, 08:47:24 PM
The captain is all for strip searches.  And mandatory oil rubs.

As per the captain's request, she will be strip searched at random intervals.    ;D

Crovonovin

Don't worry, I'm sure she can hide behind Pepper when that time comes.  They'd have to use a crowbar and several tons of explosives to pry her out of that armor.  ;)

Myrleena

Oh, that's not the only thing.  Guess who plans to be working on power armor regularly?  Even the best of techs can occasionally get trapped in power armor for a few hours, when they were supposed to be in med bay.  Especially with some careful hacking. >_>

Paladin

Name: Rydo Sakatoma
Sex: Male
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 180 lbs.

Race: Draconian
Sexuality: Straight

Description:  Ryudo is a tall man who would look human except for the small fine scales that cover his body and the large dragon wings that stick out of his back. The wings are as tall as he is and in atmosphere can easily lift him and his gear into the air. His eyes shine with an eerie inner light and blond hair cascades down his back.
Ryudo is the deposed prince of the Planet Draconda, but he hides that fact rather well from most people. The only clue to his identity is the royal ring he wears on a chain around his neck and he keeps it hidden.
Equipment:
Draconian power armor: Covers him completely and provides full atmospheric support as well as flight and space flight ability. It stops most small arms fire and some of the heavier weapons such as man portable rockets.
Paired Tonfa Sabers: These Laser blade Sabers have an extra handle sticking off the side for use in combat maneuvers. With the flick of a switch the blades fields can be turned into a force field but this drains the power cell in moments.

Personality: Ryudo is not your average Pirate. He won’t harm women or children and he won’t steal from the poor.
Image: Looking for a good one. If someone can find or make one I’d be appreciative.

Brandon

Looks good, for anyone looking in and wondering if theres room Ive been contacted by another bisexual female. So if you would like to enter the game as a heterosexual male or homosexual/bisexual female I can fit you into the game

Carlissa

Sorry I'm not making a profile. I'm pretty busy right now and I don't have the time to sit down and make one...

Jadeling

Do you have any slots left for a hetero male on this ship? :3

(I've been watching Firefly and Cowboy Bebop ==;;)

Brandon

Alright Pirates the threads are up. Your out of character thread is here (be sure to read the setting info): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=56994.0

Please post your character profile in this thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=56998.0

Your first In character thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=56996.0

Just so everyone understands. You have not worked on this ship before, it has just been purchased/stolen/won/etc by our captain (how she got it is up to her) and she has sent out a letter to potential crew mates. How she wishes to handle boarding and getting to know everyone is up to her. Your ships doctor (also the fist mate) is currently in the viewing port and writing something. If there are any questions please ask in the OOC thread. I should also note that the ship does not have a name but Ill leave that up to the captain

Jadeling: I have to confirm whether or not the female member will be joining us (Im pretty sure she will be since she just sent me a PM for opinions on her character concept) so I would say Im pretty sure I can fit you in. Please make a character and post it here or in the OOC thread for me

If there are any other questions please PM me or address them in the OOC thread

breaker

GAh it came back to life while i was out for a drink :S

must make character gahh

Hunter

Jingo

Locked by request. If you're interested, check out the OOC thread.