Persona III - Innocent Darkness (Seeking Players)

Started by Drake Valentine, June 29, 2014, 11:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiraMirror

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 02, 2014, 12:05:44 AM
Will be awhile I get to sheets and inquiries. At work and on cell at moment and break is almost over.

That's fine, do what you need to do. ^^
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Faeli

“I Am Thou…”

Character Name:Akari Fumi

Nicknames / Aliases: "Insurmountable", "The Dream"

Sexuality: Bisexual.  Asexual?

Student Year or Profession: Junior

Student Club: Swimming, Drama

Skills/Talents: Swimming, Competitive Games, Poker

Flaws: Utilizing her Persona removes her inhibitions, Blue-baller, Sharp-tongued

Weapon Choice: Club

“Thou Art I…”

Major Arcana: Devil

Personality: Fumi learned a long time ago that she was attractive, and that there were any number of stupid boys willing to do just about anything in order to be friends with her, and so she always runs with a wide group of fans and groupies.  She teases them mercilessly, enjoying building people up only to let them back down, and is whispered by many to be an absolute slut behind closed doors, although no one has actually ever gotten to first base with her, everyone knows a girl that knows a girl (or guy)

Her Persona may be the worst thing that happened to her.  While Fumi is comfortable being sensual, she isn't willing to actually be promiscuous, but her secret self absolutely lives to enjoy every moment.  Sexually assertive and agressive, Succubus causes Fumi to enter a slutty little haze, wherein she loses her inhibitions and can be talked into just about anything...

Likes: Flirting, Accessorizing, Gaming, Being Spanked (don't tell anyone!)

Dislikes: Mathematics, Being told No, Losing

Hobbies: Swimming, Gaming

History: Fumi's family has money.  That much is obvious, and her ability to spend has naturally caused her to believe herself inherently better than many others.  She doesn't really consider the opinions or feelings of the riff-raff around the school and, instead, contents herself with leading people on, flirting with others, and blowing off dates.

Her personality during missions is entirely different.  Initially, she is all business and she tries her best to utilize her club to get her work done, because tapping into her Persona allows that aspect of her personality leak out.  While utilizing Succubus, Fumi becomes much more wanton, provocative, and enticing.

She has never been known to make love outside the influence of her Persona and typically acts very cold to anyone who "takes advantage" of her during these moments, though it has happened more than once as she can be very difficult to say no too.

User Ons / Offs:
+Bondage, Forceplay, Spanking
-Romance, Blood, Bodily Fluids

“From the Sea of Thy Soul, I Come...”
SUCCUBUS- "A female demon of European lore in medieval times. They visit sleeping men and have sexual intercourse with them; the victims don't wake up, but may dream of the encounter."

Inherit: Status

Resists: -

Block: Fire, Dark

Absorbs: -

Reflects: -

Weak: Light

List of Skills and effect:
I. Sexy Dance - 25% Chance to inflict charm to all enemies
II. Agi - Low Fire Damage to an enemy
III.  Rakukaja - Increases an allies defense
IV.  Mazio - Low Lightning Damage to all enemies

Drake Valentine

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on July 01, 2014, 10:03:23 PM
I'll admit I'm interested, but I'm curious as to how the Personas interact with the  summoners and how they relate to the individual's personality? Would we start off knowing we were capable of summoning Personas? I'm looking at the Arcanas now to see which one I want to try reserving.

On cell, so may be typos.
Personas relating to Summoners, I am unsure on older of two game series, but it was not as much emphasize in 4 and only slightly in 3(see spoiler below.)
How they relate to personality is based off the jungian(sp?) psychology.  I can give shorter explantation below in spoiler.
Third inquiry also depends. Some people are already aware others may not be, also explained below.
Minor Spoilers

Not to major, but in P3 you find yourself talking to a kid a lot that only you can see or actually only appears to you. Though this individual is not a summonable Persona, I beileve he is the subconscious as a whole of the Protagonists Arcana. The only times Personas interact is being summon but they either drain your stamina or life depending on their attack to an enemy and those times are brief. If you want alternative persobalities to them that is fine but they still reflect on core Arcana.
Personality is the core of the Arcana and in most games they were the negative sides that a character rejected. It was not till later they accepted that part of themselves that they gained the power to call a Persona.
In P3 some characters could summon already, but you also saved few down road  that could later call theit Personas. I can't remember if you fought the original summoners Personas.. I think you did but those were warped versions from negative influnce that the Shadows feed off of. Actually almost all encounters were negative in 3 and 4 of that recruits psyche.

So up to you really if you want to already be able to have an evoker to use your persona(s), be rescued and later join with power, or come into acceptance long ago and avoid conflict and get scouted for potential.

Also, think I am leaning heavy to 3 personas equip at a time. You can have as many from their Arcana when unlocked, but only 3 to cycle through during events or dungeon crawling.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

MiraMirror

Well, I was thinking of either taking Sun, Moon, or Temperance, but I'm just trying to make sense of how the personalities feed the Shadows. For instance, for the Moon Arcana:

Characters who are of the Moon Arcana are often similarly psychically-attuned, but a more common trend is their projection of their own fears and faults onto others (namely, the protagonist). They often tend to have trouble accepting themselves for who they are and, because of that fear, try to correspond to an ideal person.

I would guess from this that people of the Moon basically cling to those who act similarly to themselves to try hiding their fears and doubts in relation to not liking who they are, but what happens with that? Rather, how do the Shadows form? I'd probably lean towards playing one who needs to be rescued, but I just want to get a basic grasp on this.  (Also, I'm leaning towards using a polearm just because it's a polearm, but I don't know.)

MissFire

It might be better if everyone stuck with a single Persona, a la the supporting characters. It's more personal that way.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Drake Valentine

Well, I was debating between two or three 'equipped' at one time. There is no real main role, cause the protagonist had eight/ten(twelve) on him at one time. Also it is likely parties will be around three or four at a time, so extra personas help in being equipped. I don't mind hosting a vote and then leaving it at that of majority if it comes down to it.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

MasterOfMyFate

Ya'll ready for dis?!
“I Am Thou…”
Player: MasterOfMyFate

Character Name: Masao Mitsuwa

Nicknames / Aliases: "Thunderclap","Thunder-God Brawler","Delinquent"

16+ As accordance to E site rules.
Sexuality: Hetero

Student Year or Profession: Junior

Student Club: Karate

Skills/Talents:

• Karate: Continuous training with his club has made Masao proficient at hand to hand; his preferred weapon.
  • Running: Masao has amazing cardio due to constantly practicing Karate.
  • Academic: Masao has been known to be proficent in his academics. It's the only way he was able to move up the grades and still be a delinquent.
Flaws:

• Bad Rep: Being known for delinquency, Masao has been avoided by the students in order to preserve their own life. Delinquents will also seek Masao to fight.
  • Hot Head: Despite being reasonable most of the time, if Masao doesn't agree then he doesn't agree.
  • Dense: If someone likes him, he'd hardly notice unless they make it blatantly obvious.
  • Otaku: Masao is obsessed with Anime/Manga. Obsessed...

Weapon Choice:
Gauntlets and Grieves.

“Thou Art Thy…”
Major Arcana: The Star

Personality: Masao is a brash young man who has the best interest of the weak in his mind. His delinquency was born out of his helping hand towards the lower man. A lot of his connections with the 'weaker' branch of people was through their shared interest in anime. Being known for his speed and ferocity in combat, Masao has been deemed the "Thunder-God Brawler" and get requests for fights from delinquents all over.

Dislikes: Bullies, Assholes, and Yaoi (Perfectly fine with Homosexuals. Just doesn't like the genre of Anime/Manga)

Hobbies: Karate, Brawling, Reading Manga, Watching Anime, Playing games associated with the genres

History: Masao was born to an average family home in Iwatodai that had no problems what so ever raising him. However, his upbringing in school has been filled with both good academics and bad history as a delinquent. It's not his fault really. He made friends with shared interest in Anime/Manga and he wants to keep them. In order to protect them from bullies, Masao has been forced to use his own hands and feet to fend them off. This garnered bad rep with him in school all the while making him a champion to the little man. With being known as a delinquent, Masao has never been laid in his life. A lot of the reason was his bad reputation.

User Ons / Offs:
ON

• Everything but OFF
OFF

• Yaoi
  • Scat
  • Watersports
  • Gore

"I am Raiden, God of Thunder and Lightning, protector of the realm of Earth."

Inherit: Electric

Resists: Wind, Physical

Block: -

Absorbs: Electric

Reflects: -

Weak: -

I. Zionga- Medium Electric Damage to One Enemy
II. Mazio- Low Electric Damage to All Enemies
III. Sonic Punch- Low Physical Damage to One Enemy
IV. Dia- Low Heal one Ally or Self
V. Absorb Elec (Passive)- Drains Damage from Electric Attacks.
VI,
VII.
VIII.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Silk

I personally say one, but allow people the chance to "evolve" their Persona during important events regarding those character.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Silk on July 02, 2014, 09:04:03 AM
I personally say one, but allow people the chance to "evolve" their Persona during important events regarding those character.

+1
Master ON/OFF

SpiralSpider

I vote for not being limited to a single persona. In the video game (P3) It's all right because the Arcana still comes into play through social links - which likely won't be a part of this game.

However, if people want only one persona per character.... I humbly request we be allowed to play more than one.  :-(
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Faeli

Quote from: Silk on July 02, 2014, 09:04:03 AM

+1

I would say allow the Persona to gain skills on a regular basis, similar to the main character of Nocturne, but switching Personas really goes against the whole setting.  VERY few people are able to do that, it is exceedingly rare.

MiraMirror

I'm not very familiar with Persona, but from what I've read, it does seem a bit cheap to do that. If a Persona is tied to a character's "true self", it just makes that one Persona seem more important in just about every manner.  At most, I'd vote for having two Personas, because I do think that still represents a person's true self in a manner that's restricted enough. There could be multiple facets that someone's trying to keep hidden, but for the sake of keeping it important enough, I'd vote for either one or two, at most.  I'm coming up with a character, though I'm still a bit confused as to how the character's Tarot influences them, aside from the tendencies each of them seems to have.  I'd be playing one who hasn't unlocked her Persona yet, so she'd need to be rescued, but there's just tiny things I'm confused on, since I haven't played the games. XP

MissFire

Masao seems extremely similar to my character.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

SpiralSpider

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on July 02, 2014, 11:50:13 AM
I'm not very familiar with Persona, but from what I've read, it does seem a bit cheap to do that. If a Persona is tied to a character's "true self", it just makes that one Persona seem more important in just about every manner.  At most, I'd vote for having two Personas, because I do think that still represents a person's true self in a manner that's restricted enough. There could be multiple facets that someone's trying to keep hidden, but for the sake of keeping it important enough, I'd vote for either one or two, at most.  I'm coming up with a character, though I'm still a bit confused as to how the character's Tarot influences them, aside from the tendencies each of them seems to have.  I'd be playing one who hasn't unlocked her Persona yet, so she'd need to be rescued, but there's just tiny things I'm confused on, since I haven't played the games. XP

Actually a persona refers to the masks that we wear when we are in different situations and around different people. You obtain the power of summoning a persona by facing your true self (ie owning up to your flaws), the personas are not directly related to the one and only you.... or else they lose their reference to the Jungian psychology that has heavily influenced the game series since the beginning. Not all of the Persona games forced the characters to use only one, however that was the case for all but the main character (the "wild card") in Persona 3 and this is a prequel to that game in particular.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: MissFire on July 02, 2014, 01:17:42 PM
Masao seems extremely similar to my character.

I noticed that while I was making him. That's why I made a total ditz/Otaku out of him with a tough guy act. Didn't want to be too similar... maybe we could form the ultimate team-up for justice!

Quote from: SpiralSpider on July 02, 2014, 01:23:24 PM
Actually a persona refers to the masks that we wear when we are in different situations and around different people. You obtain the power of summoning a persona by facing your true self (ie owning up to your flaws), the personas are not directly related to the one and only you.... or else they lose their reference to the Jungian psychology that has heavily influenced the game series since the beginning. Not all of the Persona games forced the characters to use only one, however that was the case for all but the main character (the "wild card") in Persona 3 and this is a prequel to that game in particular.

Also, I am starting to come around to the idea of 3, but I liked the whole "everybody gets one" from the 3 to 4. Also, I believe 1 and 2 are not in the same continuity as 3 and 4 despite 3 referencing 2 IS and EP.

All in all, I think that we should just leave it up to 3 personas that can evolve like in the series. Everyone has a different face for different situations. One truth, one lie, and one conformed to society.
Master ON/OFF

Drake Valentine

Actually, I am sure the reason they did not allow other characters to be allowed to Persona switch in 3 and 4 is because it would break the game. The protagonist was able to switch freely between 10+(can't remember exact number) and they were of different Arcanas, now imagine that + support characters being able to use any Persona they want(even limited to their Arcana.) I would of just breeze right through those two games. The Protagonist Wildcard was mostly there to be able to freely compensate for Teammates weaknesses(given you could not equip them with whatever Persona and in some floors you will get raped by enemies.)

I for one do not want to be stuck with just a few or just one Persona, therefore I granted the ability to possibly change them as long as they fall in the Arcana and as long as their 'level' is around the blocks that had been unlocked in Tartarus. The Arcana as a whole is the psyche of the individual, Personas are more of a variety of subconscious that make up that whole. The 'equipped' status is more so of how many can be used at one time when dungeon crawling/events, given the fact there will be no Wild Card, so there will be nobody to 'swap x 10+' of their Personas freely in battle. Even the protagonist from first two only had one equipped at a time, but again him and other party members could swap from their stockpile; but at the same time I believe they were not Arcana limited(could be wrong there.)

Some people might want a different Persona later as they progress, some people may not be fond of some of the initial Personas of that Arcana. I mean, I am one of them as far as preferences goes with summonables. It is like, do I want something 'cool' or do I want something 'helpful' that I don't care about using; and trust me there are plenty of 'meh' Personas and there are a selected few of 'I wanna have those' Personas. I doubt I will use everything of the Arcana, but choices are more promising to have.

If you want to evolve, that is fine; I honestly don't want anyone to feel limited. There is no Protagonist, no one with that elite Arcana swapping Wildcard. The power to use the other variety of subconscious of that Arcana is there to make up for that fault and lack of Protagonist strengths that was offered through the latter two games.

MiraMirror

For the sheets, can we use any Persona across the various games, so long as it's in the chosen Arcana? For instance, if I picked Fortune,  could I use something from Persona 1?

Drake Valentine

Yes, that is fine if it falls in same Arcana.

Drake Valentine

Playing around with something

Still will be tweaking that around, but got tired of messing with it.

In other news, it probably won't be till weekend I start throwing up threads; that is if ya'll don't mind the wait. I can go ahead and do an OOC if you want, or we can wait for few more established characters.

Also if any one is interested in aiding in GM-ing, let me know. Not a heavy emphasis at moment, but if more players start coming about not sure how well I can manage large numbers by myself.

Second Attempt

MiraMirror

Working on my sheet, decided to go with The Moon...Which rules govern our starting Personas? I wouldn't mind having Alraune as my starter, just because the imagery of someone wrapped in thorns somehow resonates with the idea of the character. (Also, Alraune doesn't seem to have a Persona 3 entry, only the older series and then Persona 4.

MiraMirror

“I Am Thou…”
Player:  ThatOneShrroth

Character Name: Mayu Tsukino

Nicknames / Aliases: "Tryhard"

Sexuality: Publicly Hetero (Actually sexually-conflicted, bi)

Student Year or Profession: Senior (Skipped her junior year)

Student Club: Student Council Association

Skills/Talents:

Highly Intelligent
     Physically Fit
     Well-Known/has a fair amount of "pull"

Flaws:

Buckles under stressful situations
    Has an unhealthy sleep schedule due to  all-night study sessions
    Suffers from being pressured due to her reputation/sister's shadow
    Currently relying on pills to stave off the effects of sleep deprivation

Weapon Choice: Naginata

“Thou Art Thy…”
Major Arcana: The Moon

Personality: Many would recognize Mayu by her family name easily, and of course, she always wears her social mask when she's in public, acting polite and kind to those who speak with her.  Aside from that, she switches to a more business-like tone during her student council activities.  It is of the utmost importance that she displays a certain degree of confidence when dealing with the public, but she must be careful not to delve into the realm of overconfidence, lest she be seen as a braggart.  Below the surface, she carries with her a severe inferiority complex in regards to her older sister.  Mayu is seen on campus multiple times during the course of the day, whether it's in class, in student council club, or simply in the library, studying.  She often pulls all-night study sessions in her dormitory, and her sleep schedule has suffered because of it.  The only thing keeping her from simply passing out is a bottle of pills she takes to keep exhaustion at the bay, along with careful application of make-up and wearing her "social mask" in public. There are multiple aspects of herself she refuses to accept, and her self-esteem is lacking, so she has a tendency to hang around with someone more confident and able than herself.  She adores praise, even if the happiness she draws from it wears off quickly.  This could lead to her being manipulated by a smart person.

Dislikes: Rude individuals, failing to meet expectations, being compared to others (especially to her older sister), being questioned about her sex life and sexuality as a whole, being abandoned/left alone.

Hobbies: Studying, reading, exercising (in the form of running/jogging), hanging around very specific individuals (as mentioned above).

History: The Tsukino family is a well-known one, responsible for several large medical/pharmaceutical companies, amongst other less prominent deeds, including large donations to various charities, and far less savory things involving bribes and the criminal underground. What the public sees (and even what the family sees) is very different than what actually occurs.  The head of the family, Oshi Tsukino, makes sure his family is well-taken care of, whether it's through legal means or otherwise, and his two daughters are no exception to this.  Throughout her life, Mayu was spoiled in the way of education and privileges, as was her sister.  As she grew older, however, she found herself in a competition of sorts with her sister.  The pair found themselves at the top of the class as they progressed, but her sister Maya was always at the top of it all.  To make matters worse, she was always in her shadow. It was never "Mayu", no... It was also "Maya's sister".  Furthermore, she heard whispers involving her family around the school, coming from the teachers, and she found it incredibly strange how the teachers seemed to almost be frightened of her father when he arrived for conferences and the like.  Unable to hide her curiosity, she spied on her father, following him around the house, listening to his conversations on the phone, and the like.  As time passed, she caught wind of some of his activities, expressing disgust and shame in regards to them.  Her father discovered this, but instead of confronting her, he focused more of his attention on Maya, just as the pair entered another school.  Mayu, forced yet again to live in her sister's shadow, resolved herself to work for her recognition, intending to prove that she could accomplish just as much on her own as her father's dealings and bribes could do for Maya, and so she did work on this, at the expense of her bodily health.  She began making herself known around campus, still feeling the pressure of representing her family, making public appearances and the like, despite her goal. She recently managed to make it to her senior year, completely skipping her junior year due to her outstanding grades.  Even so, she's developed something of an inferiority complex in regards to her sister, not to mention using what ties she had to her father's companies to secure various pills to stave off sleep deprivation.  She pores over her textbooks and study guides all night, after learning and tending to her obligations during the daytime.  She struggles to accept herself for all that she is and isn't, and deep down, she continues running from the truth about her heritage.

User Ons / Offs:

Ons: Pretty much anything that isn't in the Offs section is fair game

Offs: Anything bathroom-related, hard vore, gore, watersports, loli, can't play doms to save my life. Not a fan of extreme breast expansion, either.

Note: Mayu is not a Persona-user at the start.
Alraune- A cursed Norse spirit in the form of a beautiful woman, known to bloom from the blood of hanged men.
She was believed to tell secrets if properly tended to.       

Inherit: Recovery

Resists: Fire, Ice

Block: Dark

Absorbs:

Reflects:

Weak: Wind

I. Media- Slightly restores party's HP.
II. Nervundi- Cures Exhaustion and Enervation. One ally.
III. Old One- 25% chance to inflict Enervation status. All foes.
IV. Makarakarn- Repels 1 elemental attack. 1 ally.
V. Green Wall- Increases an ally's Wind resistance. 3 turns.
VI.
VII.
VIII.

Drake Valentine

Looks good so far, no rush, take your time.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=207984.0 - OOC thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=207985.0 - Approved Character Thread (Mostly for those of you that were already updated in the Arcana list)

And now must be getting ready for work.

MiraMirror

I'm not sure which Alraune picture I want to use...The one in the spoiler, or this one:

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on July 03, 2014, 11:02:21 PM
I'm not sure which Alraune picture I want to use...The one in the spoiler, or this one:

That is a tough decision. :/

Personal imput, I like the second one.
Master ON/OFF

MiraMirror

I was thinking of using the second one, as well, just because it's more human, and it seems to fit her situation better because of that. The first Alraune is more monstrous, whereas the second one seems to be almost trapped in the thorns and vines, like a prison.

Edit: Bio is done.