Virtually Irresistible - [Hackers Win!]

Started by Galactic Druid, October 31, 2012, 02:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

Okay guys it's been 3 days. Let's get this moving or we'll be leaving a lot of people out this round.

Votes
Sasha - 5
Kythia - 4
Persephone - 2
BeMi - 1
Kokaine - 1
Starlequin - 1

Yet To Vote
Breathless Intent, Gavlois, KingBear, Kokaine, Sarena, Sex Bobomb, Starlequin
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Missy

Peripherie

Things were getting desperate and the normally quite opinionated (but often also group minded it seems) Peripherie was left with lots of suspicion and questions and nothing but a handful of bad guesses to go one. She remembered when this projected was started back in the days when DrallTech was just a group of dreamers with a big plan and a shoe-string budget. How far things had fallen and now livelihoods and more importantly, lives were at stake. Perhaps Sasha knew something she did not? She stayed oddly quiet though, not sure of anything.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Teo Torriatte

Ah... back in VR! Luna was starting to think of this as more real than her real life, which wasn't actually saying all that much, but still. She kind of wandered around aimlessly, just enjoying the ambience and letting herself get lost in what she knew, intellectually at least, was an illusory construct. Suddenly, as she was just getting around to figuring what she wanted to do, she felt a tugging and she was back in the real world.

"Ah f***," she groaned, and rushed over to her console to see what could have happened, and was greeted with the following error message-

The connection to P.E.N.I.S. was interrupted.

Here are some suggestions:
Reload this system later.

Check your Virtual Interface connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using. Add Interface 1.0 as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again. If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Interface 1.0 menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

She slammed her fist on the table, frustrated beyond all belief. Then to make matters worse, they had lost their Firewall. That's it, this called for... drastic measures.

"Saffron did it!" Luna exclaimed, before one of the tech monkeys tapped her on the shoulder and whispered something in her ear. She blushed and glanced around at everyone, before speaking again with much less confidence, "Ok maybe Sasha had a hand in things?"

Beguile's Mistress

The rose is the most perfect of flowers, thought BeMi, as she looked deep into the heart of the blossom she held before her.  Layer upon layer of code went into its design.  Deep in the heart of the bud was the core of truth.  These could make the mind see and smell and even hear the sounds of the flower.  What was this bloom telling her?  She looked up and off into the distance to the city beyond the garden and smiled.

Star

Kythia

Kythia walks back in, make up fixed and face washed.  "Sorry everyone, its been an emotional time for us all.  I honestly don't remember who I accused but whoever it was I'm sorry.  I've heard Sasha's name a lot and I don't see anyone more likely at the moment.  Apologies if I'm wrong, Sasha"

Valerian

Stop this day and night with me, and you shall possess the origin of all poems;
You shall possess the good of the earth and sun—(there are millions of suns left)
You shall no longer take things at second or third hand, nor look through the eyes of the dead, nor feed on the spectres in books;
You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me:
You shall listen to all sides, and filter them from yourself.

I believe in you, my Soul—the other I am must not abase itself to you;
And you must not be abased to the other.

All goes onward and outward—nothing collapses;
And to die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier.

Val read the words over again, frowning, lost in thought.  Was death even really what was happening here?  It was a silly question; being set adrift was close enough to death that it made no difference to anyone who had experienced it.  Yet somehow she wanted to know, wanted to ponder the question until she had some hope of forming an answer... as though that would change anything, she thought, suddenly angry at herself and at the entire situation.  Thinking before acting was all well and good, but it seemed that everything they tried to do didn't really get them anywhere.  Yes, Niferbelle was gone, and they could all breathe more easily because of that; but they had also lost their Firewall.  There was nothing left to stop anyone who meant them harm.

"Sasha," she said, quietly, faintly surprised to realize she'd spoken aloud.  But though she hadn't really reasoned out the accusation, the more she thought about it the more she was willing to stand by it.  "Yes, Sasha.  What do you know about all this?"
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

James Moriarty

James suddenly sits bolt upright in his chair.  His eyes are flitting back and forth quickly, scanning something -- the room?  an unseen readout? -- and then he begins to speak.

Hello.  Here is your Sixth Challenge.  In order to succeed, you must accomplish these tasks:

* Identify programming language
* Identify code idiosyncrasy
* Identify who controls the night

Good luck.

CHALLENGE 5

from random import randint
from google.appengine.api.urlfetch import fetch

suspects = ["Aadreal", "Beguile's Mistress", "Breathless Intent", "Gavlois", "James Moriarty",
"KingBear", "Kyrsa", "Kythia", "Kokaine", "Luna", "Mcsc", "Peripherie", "persephone325",
"Ryven", "Sarena", "Sasha", "Sex Bobomb", "Starlequin", "SunshineSparkle", "Trieste",
"Valerian"]

zyzzx = fetch('http://elliquiy.com').status_code / 50

while True:
suspect = randint(0, len(suspects) - 1)
if suspect is not zyzzx:
break

print "%s: %s!" % ("Bad ass:", suspects[suspect])

HINT 5
http://pyeval.appspot.com/index.html

Aphrodite & Mickey Finn - Bad Ass

Kye

Kyrsa reluctantly pointed towards Kythia, unwilling to speak her accusation out loud.

Gavlois

The hackers had gotten to their Firewall it seemed. He growled softly in frustration. Why the heck did they not know who was who beforehand? Sure, Remiel was a great guy and helped with a lot of their security and all, but he never would have thought he was the Firewall. He shook his head as Kythia ran off, sitting there in thought, though his thoughts were a bit jumbled at the circumstances of their situation. He wondered if Persephone knew something they didn't, but it meant a decision between blindly voting for someone who might be another one of them, or one that might possibly be working against them. He eyed her with uncertainty, though still holding a touch of suspicion.
O/O

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Sasha - 6
Kythia - 4
Persephone - 4
BeMi - 1
Kokaine - 1
Starlequin - 1

Yet To Vote
Breathless Intent, Kokaine, Sex Bobomb, Starlequin
Us against the world

KingBear

Once again, Bear was subject to the pitfalls of the VR world, more nervous now than he had been before. He knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that his plan in this round in the Virtual World would leave him more vulnerable than he had ever been before. After the world formed around him, Bear made sure to check his surroundings before climbing onto his Tron inspired bike and taking off down the streets of the city. Lights zoomed by and the large man was not his usual excited self. His face was wrought with worry and exhaustion, he had to do something this round. It was life or death.

After what seemed like an eternal 2 minute ride, Bear found himself at the City Zoo. Looking around once more, he quickly hopped the fence to the yet fully programmed Zoo and ran through, checking all of the signs. FINALLY! One caught his eye and he stopped suddenly, almost tumbling forward with the momentum. "YES!" His body turned before his feet did and he quickly took off, leaping the fence before splashing down in the moat on the other side. A quick glance back and the sign read "Bear Habitat". Splashing and kicking, Bear quickly made it to the shore of the habitat before looking around once more. His legs carried him faster than ever into the small cave on the island.

Wide eyed, Bear leapt into the cave, landing right next to a sleeping Grizzly before snuggling up next to it happily. His eyes shut and he was quickly asleep, his goal having been met of sleeping for once in the last few days. Even in the virtual world, the subconscious was still active while sleeping and dreams came in like a flurry of gunfire from a Civil War Era Musket. His single dream was amazing, probably the best dream a guy could have..

Things were broken everywhere and only one thing could fix them... Duct Tape.. He ran around in this dream, taping on panels and mirrors and wooden handles. He used different colors of tape for different jobs. The more severe the break, the thicker the duct tape had to be to secure it properly. Bear was in heaven. Any time he ran out of duct tape, a new roll appeared in his hand and more things needed to be fixed. He even had the honors of taping up multiple deep gashes in body parts. "Want your guts to stay in? DUCT TAPE!" With that, he wrapped a mans torso with duct tape to close a gaping wound in his stomach.

Sadly the much needed VR rest and the amazing dream came to a halt much quicker than he had wanted. He could have spent the next 4 months in that cave with that Grizzly just sleeping the days away.. Surviving that, not so much something he could have done. Bear slowly sat up in his pod, yawning and relaxed and rested before looking around at the crowds gathered near Remiel's pod. He heard the performance from Kythia and shook his head at how distraught she was.

His eyes scanned the group before fixating on the ever quiet and ever shy Persephone325. He couldnt help but wonder why she always stayed back, avoiding the group and never getting involved in anything really. He also wondered why nobody had tried to rip some Duct tape off of Mr B's arm to see if he would wake up. His eyes shot to his roll of duct tape before quickly grabbing it and sneaking away from the group towards Mr B's pod. He leaned in slowly and pulled a long strip of Duct Tape from his roll. Riiiiiip After tearing the strip free from the restraints of the rest of the roll, Bear carefully lowered his hands towards Mr B's arm, looking around to make sure nobody saw him.
Ons and Offs/Honey and Bees
Meet Bear! He is awesome!
These are current and past RPs I'm in.
I can be your play thing, I can be the best bed mate you've ever had.
I can be loving and sweet, I can be cruel and distant.
I can be yours or not.
A/A Hibernation time!

Sarena

Sarena was more confused now than ever.  With everyone grasping at straws, she wasn't sure they would ever figure out who was behind all of this and why.  Well, the why wasn't that hard to figure out.  It had to be greed.  Sasha did not seem the greedy type, but then, with that hat fetish of hers, who knew?  Then there was KingBear...

Sarena saw something, or someone, shift out of the corner of her eye.

...Riiiiiip....

Her head snapped around, "KingBear, what are you doing at Mr. Bigglesworth's pod?"
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

KingBear

Bear quickly looks up from Mr B's arm and over to Sarena. "Uhm..." He hides the strip of duct tape behind his back quickly. "Nothing.. Nothing at all.." He quickly walks over to join the group, tossing his roll of duct tape on the table next to his pod.

He quickly moves closer to Sarena before whispering to her. "I thought it might wake him up.. It always worked on me.."
Ons and Offs/Honey and Bees
Meet Bear! He is awesome!
These are current and past RPs I'm in.
I can be your play thing, I can be the best bed mate you've ever had.
I can be loving and sweet, I can be cruel and distant.
I can be yours or not.
A/A Hibernation time!

Trieste

Flavor text was promised. Flavor text shall be delivered.

Lemon
Blueberry
Peach
Banana
Blue Raspberry

persephone325

Sasha

Another disruptive message coming from James again ...as the woman's mind was torn between wanting to figure out the riddle being given . Though her name had seemed to have been called out several times into the room . " I am not the one you seek for I would never put my comrades in so much danger ....we are without a firewall now and the ability to do a system restore . I could never use my talents to trap another soul into that world we created ...no matter what ....what benefit that would bring. "  Though they had done that to the one that had created the Wurm , so was she any better .

Glancing at Remiel and letting out a soft sigh ....maybe tossing out Kythia's name over becoming so distraught did seem a little heartless . The woman did seem to have skills that had moved the project along that had not involved the drama that had seemed to of mounted in the last few days . Though others had suspected her several times and the woman had managed to stay on board .

Sasha didn't know that much about the other one being offered up this round but needed more time to all the data she was compiling to finish. Too many things were becoming mere guesses at this point.  Peresephone325 name was brought up by Trieste ...Sasha nodded her head .

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Persephone - 8
Sasha - 5
Kythia - 3
Kokaine - 1
Starlequin - 1

Yet To Vote
Breathless Intent, Kokaine, Sex Bobomb
Us against the world

Starlequin

Starlequin sat and twirled in his chair, the room going round and round just like his thoughts. The tension in the air was thicker than the lag on a dial-up connection, and it was time to make a choice. Flip a coin? RNG application? He didnt have time to sacrifice a chicken, so he decided to go with the old stand-by: The I-Ching!

A small bag of stale chips rested on the floor beneath Starlequin's desk. He reached down, scooped them up and crushed them in the bag before clearing a space on his desk and spilling out the broken crisps. He waved a hand over the mess and hummed, a low sound emanating from deep in his throat before he slammed his palm down on the pile and looked at his flakey fist. His hand turned this way, then that, and he stared intensely at the patterns that emerged...

"Ah, f*** it, I got nothin'. But Persephone325 looks more nervous than a Boy Scout in the Vatican..."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Teo Torriatte

Luna looked torn, she had thought she knew what was up, but after reviewing some emails, she started to wonder if she had made too hasty an accusation. She decided to investigate Persephone instead, hoping that she wasn't making an even bigger mistake in the process.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Persephone - 11
Sasha - 4
Kythia - 3
Kokaine - 1
Starlequin - 1

Yet To Vote
Sex Bobomb

Going to finish this round off this evening. Last call for votes and changes.
Us against the world

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aadreal

Breathless Intent

Sex Bobomb

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Persephone - 12
Sasha - 4
Kythia - 3
Kokaine - 1