Unbeknownst

Started by Infinite, January 13, 2012, 05:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infinite

The street was neither elegant nor plain. Masses of people braved it's width to get to the next bargain deal, like any other in the nation. Cars tootled through the mass occasionally. A muffled yell as a pedestrian receives a bump.

"Boring", he mused with a finger buried within a nostril. "All I ever see is the same old street, and the funny thing is that there routine is more inspiring than mine", the offending finger was soon helping to extinguish the remnants of his cigarette within the nearby ashtray. "Screens.. I could have so much power", a confident smirk met his lips as he reclined casually in the office chair, it's hydraulics creaking in protest.

"Quieten down, Seb", an authoritive voice boomed within his ear piece; a startled look over his shoulder confirmed his superior wasn't directly behind him, and a good thing to seeing as though the central console was now lathered in a covering of long-since made coffee. He covered his mouth as his boss continued to speak, suppressing the urge to profane: "Just keep an eye out. The Old Bill reckon there'll be at least three of them, all looking casual."

Even in his current situation Seb couldn't help but mock the inability of a decent descriptive report. There were thousands of people on that street every hour, how was he going to know? Well there was no chance of that now, the electric hum had been silenced by a supposed caffeine overdose and the hapless rookie was entirely baffled as to what to do next.

What if.. Unbeknownst to him, he'd inadvertently risked the public's life all for a cup of coffee?

[[ I'm leaving it to whoever else wants to participate's discretion to choose whether to be a thief / armoured robber? Or a colleague who attempts to salvage the situation. If the first option is apparent, I'd probably take up the role of a rookie cop - thinking that'd be a relatively snazzy story line.. Let me know, anyway! ]]
Which of these are Canadians reputedly famous of saying, eh? A) Eh?