News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fullmetal Alchemist: First and Last Kiss (FlaminGlory/Seeker)

Started by FlaminGlory, July 07, 2009, 01:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlaminGlory

The sun was just setting as a young lady walked down an almost deserted street. The street lamps slowly turning on as she continued on ward towards her small apartment. Her sapphire eyes looked around nervously, as her heart beat quickened, as did her speed of her walk. The thought of getting to her apartment as quickly as possible was the only thing on her mind at the moment. For the past few weeks, there had been news report of a killing spree and the military and police had yet to find the suspects. Since it had been a few weeks, many of the citizens had stopped trusting the police and the military. The young lady turned the corner and headed up the street to her apartment. That was when she heard it, the sound of footsteps behind her, which caused her to quicken her step. The footsteps also quickened and she broke into a run, the footsteps doing the same. Thinking that whoever, it was had stopped following her, she slowed down and stopped to catch her breath. That was when a shadow loomed over, she gave a very frighten look as she turned around to look at him. What she saw caused her to scream followed by a gunshot.

Major Raven McKnight stifled a yawn. What she wouldn't give for a few mores hours of sleep, but at six in the morning she had received a phone call from her commanding officer telling her that they had found another body. The mps were just securing the area as she headed towards the body. The body was that of a female about twenty to twenty-five years of age. There was a gunshot wound to the head and there were several cuts on the body. Major McKnight squatted down next to the body to get a closer look, making sure that she didn't touch the body as the investigators would reprimand her for touching the body.

It seemed so odd that the bodies had all been the same, and their was no clues to what the reason behind these murders. It seemed that these victims had nothing in come, not in age, gender, status, anything. It seemed like more random killings then anything else. Standing up, she gave another yawn as she flicked her eyes around the crime scene. She was sent here to make sure nothing was missed and she knew that her commanding officer, Colonel Mustang, wouldn't want anything missed. He seemed so stressed out lately and she knew that it was something to do with this case, besides the fact that he got a phone call. Although he wouldn't say what it was about, she knew that it wasn't good. The best thing she could do now was to make sure everything was going smoothly until he came here that is....

((I'll add more once we get the roleplay rolling)

seeker619

I arrived at the scene with dread.  What and who was behind this was troublesome.  There motives even more troublesome.  I couldn't shake the feeling that I knew this killer and maybe have even helped him/her or them at some point or another.  I knew I would get the answers eventually it was just a matter of how many would die before I did.  So many had died under my watch that it sickened me.  I wondered how I ever got into this whole mess. 

I greeted the rather shapely Major Mcknight with a sly smile trying to suppress my dread. just looking at her raised my spirits.  She had beautiful long red hair and the bluest eyes, along with a string of faint freckles just under her eyes on on her nose.  It was hard for me to keep my eyes off her but then again I rarely tried.  She knew I loved woman and I made no secret of the fact that she was one of my favorites.

"All right doll, what do you see her."  What I saw here was disturbing.  "Do you think she looks like anyone you know major?"  She seemed perplexed although it was quite obvious with the blue eyes, glazed over as they were.  "Major, she looks like you."

"OK why don't you give me your impressions and I'll add mine.  I awaited her analysis.

FlaminGlory

Hearing the sound of my commanding officers voice, I slowly stood and turned to look at him. Although I already felt his eyes on me before he even talked to me. I did note that I always felt his eyes on me on some point or another.  Ingoring the fact that he called me doll as it was no contest that I was his favorite and he always had pet names for me.

"Thanks for telling me that sir. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight." I stated simply as I stood up and walked over to him.

"She was killed in the same manner as the others were, and same as all the others, so I suspect it is the same killer. There are, again, no witnesses." I stated, staying quite as I waited for him to say something.

seeker619

"Major I see you are giving me all the facts, what you are not giving me are your gut feelings.  I trust your instincts and I'd really like to know what your gut is telling you.  My gut tells me these are not the random killings that they appear to be.  OK, why don't you give me a rundown on what we know on our vic here?  I also want to know how you always manage to look so good when I know for a fact you are not able to sleep more than a few hours a night with this case looming over us."  I gave her a quick wink and put my hand on her shoulder. I knew this case was taking a toll on her   "I just want you to know I appreciate all the work you are putting into this.  Now come on, spit it out.  What is that female intuition of yours telling you?   I don't care how outlandish your intuitive explanation may sound.  I just need to hear everything."  As I awaited for the answers to my questions I knelt down next to the murder victim to have a look of my own.

FlaminGlory

My gut feeling was telling me that these weren't just random killings as well. Feeling his hand on my shoulder I flick my gaze up to his face. "Sir, I don't think that it is the time for you to be flirting." I stated as I pushed his hand off my shoulder.

"Well my gut is telling me that these aren't random as well. As I've noticed that pieces of jewelry are missing from each of them, but I can't say weather it is from the same place or not."  I stated as I watche him kneel to look at the body himself.

seeker619

I disregarded her comment on my flirting as I knew she was stressed as we all were.  She was usually better at hiding it than she had been able to as of late.  Ironically enough the reason I was being so flirtatious with her was because I was trying to ease her tension, although I was a flirt I did lay it on a little heavy this morning.

Her answers puzzled me  "Major how can you tell jewelry was taken if you don't even know where it was taken from?  Here, see this spaghetti line around her neck.  This tells us she had a necklace taken.  Probably a rather cheap one, as she did not reserve it for special occasions, but instead wore it all the time.  She looks like she spent a good deal of time outside wearing shirts that exposed the upper portion of her neck.  Just like the the white band around her finger tells us she had a ring taken, this spaghetti line around her neck tells us she had a necklace taken.  The jewelry blocked the sun from tanning those areas of her body where the jewelry was worn.  All of the victims had at least one ring taken, three had watches taken, and this one had a necklace and a ring taken.  It is possible they had other jewelry taken but just jewelry that was not worn often enough to leave bands where the sun was kept from coloring the skin."

"This leads my to my other question for you Major.  Why would missing jewelry leave you to believe that these were not random.  When I see jewelry missing normally logic tells me the murder was random and the motive was theft.  However, my gut here is telling me that this jewelry was taken not for their value but to lead us to believe it was random.  The fact that this woman's necklace was most likely not worth all that much money and was stolen adds to my hunch.  Also if the motive was theft it is unlikely whoever did this needed to kill all of his victims.  The perp could easily have hidden their face pulled out a gun, taken the jewelry, and left these woman alive as he did not have to kill them for fear of being identified, nor is it likely all of them would have put up such a fight against an armed bandit that he would feel his only option was to kill them. Is this what you were thinking also?"

I called out to the photographers to come and finish taking the pictures of the crime scene.  I was looking at her waiting for her to answer my questions.

FlaminGlory

I let the question sink in as I thought about it, although I couldn't think of an actually reason to tell him, as he did say use my gut. "Well you told me to tell you what my gut was telling me didn't you and this is what my gut is telling me." I stated simply. I seemed to stressed out and exhausted to think of another answer for him. Perhaps if they got some sort of lead on the case then, she would be able to figure out why her gut was telling her that it wasn't random.

"Perhaps we would find more when he had some sort of lead to go on, sir." I told him as I flicked my blue eyes up to him. I was showing him that I wasn't to stressed although my insides were begging for a rest.

seeker619

The stress was piling on me just as much as it was her.  However now my stress came to a head as I heard her reply.  "Yes, Perhaps we will have more to go on when we get more leads. That's brilliant.  If only I had thought of that first.  In fact I will take your thought a step further.  Perhaps we will have more to go on when we catch the motherfucker red handed while he is shooting his next victim.  I feel so much better.  Thank You Major"

I turned away from her to get control of my nerves.  "I apologize Major I had no right to lash out at you like that.  But I did ask you some specific questions which you have yet to answer.  First, you told me you noticed jewelry missing but you couldn't tell me if it was from the same place.  May I ask you Major how you knew jewelry was missing if you had no idea where it was missing from.  If you don't know where it is missing from how do you know it was ever there in the first place and as a result now missing?  What did you notice that told you jewelry was missing?  Do you know something I do not?"

"My second question is why you tied the fact that your gut told you these were not random with the fact that this mystery jewelry was missing?  It is like based on the fact that this mystery jewelry is missing your gut feeling is that this is random.  You never bothered to mention that your gut feeling contradicted the evidence.  In fact you insinuated that it supported your gut feeling.  Am I missing something?  Do you know something you are holding back.  I realize Major you are under lots of stress right now but you always thrive under pressure.  This is when you are at your best.  It's one of the one things that helps me to sleep at night knowing I've got the one person I would hand pick for this case actually on this case and you don't seem to be making sense to me.

"Major do you have something going on in your personal life that may be distracting you?  Or should I give you some time off to get yourself together.  Is there a reason we don't have any background  information on our latest vic, and you haven't even brought up the reason we don't have it.  In fact, you don't even seem surprised that we don't have this information." 

I could tell she was seething.  But so was I.  "I need some answers Major.  I'm not asking you to solve the case but merely explain what is going on with you.  I don't think I have ever heard any statement as lame as 'Perhaps we would find more when we had some more leads to go on.'  What the hell is that supposed to mean coming from of my most skilled officers?  Is that supposed to be something some dolt watching the evening news wouldn't be able to figure out hearing the reports. 'Gee dear, perhaps if they had more leads to go on they would find more.' Major you are dismissed.  If within the next 12 hours you cannot come up with some explanation for your incredibly inane insights, you can consider yourself put on leave.  I think this case is just getting to much for you or you have something in your personal life which is interfering with your judgment.  I'm done"  I left her in the room but not without feeling horrible.  Something just did not smell right and I was not pleased.

FlaminGlory

My eyes slitted down into a glare as I listened to his rant. I didn't use my gut feeling, I stuck with the facts but I had no idea how to explain the fact that there was something odd about the fact the jewel was stolen and I knew it wasn't some random mugger, but how could I tell him that when I didn't even understand it myself. I said nothing as I listened to him, knowing that I would get even a long lecture about the fact that I wasn't letting him finish. I also knew that we didn't have a file on the latest vic, but that didn't mean that we couldn't get her identified in a matter of seconds, just from and ID card.

My glare deepened as I was told that I was dismissed and if I didn't come up with something better then I would be put on leave. How could he do something like that, he knows how hard I worked and it seemed to be the reason he wanted to keep me around. As he left, I drilled holes in the back of his head until he was completely out of my sight. Knowing that it wasn't any good to stand their fuming,when I had tweleve hours to figure out what my gut feeling ment.

Leaving the office and the building all together I did a bit of walking. Trying to get the feeling of what my gut was saying and needless to say I didn't use it that often. My feet seem to guide itself and I soon found myself in the alleyway that one of the vics had been in. Quickly scanning around, I knew that there was nothing to find as the Crime Scene guys would have got everything they could out of this small alleyway. Why had my feet brought me here? I didn't understand.

What I could remember from the case was that these murders happened only a few blocks from each other, so there has to be a buliding that connected them but what? It just didn't make sense. Why this place? I paced slight and I found myself standing in front of a jewelry shop. Thinking that I needed to get my mind off of the jewelry in the first place I passed by it, trying to think of an answer to give him.

seeker619

There was no question I was hot. I mean I  was beyond pissed.  How could she tell me she could tell me there was jewelry missing but she couldn't tell if it was from the same place.  And then to make such an asinine comment like 'perhaps we would find out more if we had more leads to go one.'  What the fuck.  I knew she was the best and for her to make a comment like that roiled me to no end.   I was rubbing my hands together and fire was sparking from my hands.  I had to calm the fuck down.

I called her.  As raged as I was I felt even worse for how I spoke to her.  She was a wreck from this and for whatever reason she was not herself.  She answered her cell, "yes?"

"Listen, I want to apologize for the way I spoke to you.  You are the best at what you do and I just took my own feelings of ineptitude out on you.  I'm sorry.   I have full faith in you, and I hope you don't hate me because that smile you usually give me every morning gives me a reason to keep breathing."  Once again I was flirting to try and fend off my feelings.  To diffuse a situation.  After her last comment I regretted it the moment I said it."Sorry, I'm flirting again.  You have a way with me." I couldn't believe it at the very moment I was apologizing for flirting I was still flirting.  "just keep me posted OK?  And don't worry, I'm the ass.  You are not going to be put on leave.  My apologies"  Click
that was all I could say

FlaminGlory

Hearing my cell phone ring, I picked up and looked at the number before putting against my ear. "Yes." I said simply as I really didn't want to deal with him for a while, but it seemed that he was apologizing again and even flirting. A smile came to my face as he apologize for flirting, but again before I could say anything he hung up. An irrated sigh passed my lips as I wished he would give me a chance to explain things.

Deciding to see him in person, I go to his office. Knocking on the door, I wait until I hear him say I could enter before entering. My eyes flicked his face as  I took a deep breath as I prepared to say something to him. "Sir, I should let you know that I really don't like using my gut, but I think the reason I said something about the jewlery is because I uncounsly remembered that there was a jewlery store not to far from the murders. Perhaps the killer sold the jewlery there or perhaps not." I told him waiting to her what he would have to say.

seeker619

She looked tense and seemed a little more formal than she usually was with me.  I figured it was a result of some of the things I said to her before I apologized.  "Please, sit.  Relax a little.  I told you I trusted your gut and wanted to know what it told you.  That doesn't mean you have to use it exclusively.  Tell me what you think if that makes you feel more effective.  As far as the jewelry stores are concerned I don't think we will have much luck since I don't think these murders were for the jewelry.  But it seems like the only lead we have.  We do have a problem though.  Before we can go checking these places out we need to know what the jewelry looked like.  OK, go to all the pawn shops and jewelry shops out there and have pictures taken of all the necklaces, rings, and watches designed obviously for woman and have pictures taken of all of them that were pawned.  Then go to the relatives and show them the pictures of the jewelry and ask them if they belonged to the deceased.  Get as many people as you need as I would like to run down this lead as quickly as possible.  Thanks, who knows, it just might turn something up.  And again, I overreacted earlier and I'm sorry.  You know how much I respect you.  Forgive me.  I know we are all quite stressed right now.  Sound like a plan?"

FlaminGlory

I listened to him, he seemed to be apologizing again for how he reacted but it seemed to me that it was a waste of time to be apologizing all the time but I didn't say anything. I tried to relax but I knew that as soon as this case was done I could relax completly.  "Sounds like a plan sir and I accept your apologize. I'll get started on what you ask right away." I said as I stood up and flicked my gaze to him. Almost asking if I was dismissed or not.

I would head to all the pawn shops and stores in the area and take all the pictures and if it wasn't to late then I would go see the victums and hope that we could catch this killer.

seeker619

I spent most of the day pouring over all the information on the victims of these murders trying to find something, anything that would tie them together.  The only similarity that seemed obvious was that they had all been shot in the head by the same weapon and at least one piece of jewelry had been taken from each of them.  The other thing, although it wasn't much of a surprise was that they had all been in the same general vicinity when they were killed and they had all been alone walking at night.

"Hmmph. Now that was interesting I thought.  Why would all of these woman be walking alone at night.  Why weren't any of them found in a parking garage, or on their way to or from their cars?  I began to wonder if they were threatened into meeting someone or some group of people and told to walk, not drive, to meet the perpetrator.  He obviously wanted something they had, and I didn't think it was jewelry.  But what could that be.  It might not even be an object.  Maybe it was information that they had and he needed to hear this information from them, before he killed them.  Or possibly he knew they had information that the murderer did not want to get out."  I felt like I was looking for a needle in a haystack.  However, if nothing turned up on the jewelry, I would bring this idea up with Major Mcknight when she returned with whatever she was able to turn up with if anything. 

My fingers were tapping impatiently as I waited for her report.  I was hoping she would be here shortly.  I would then suggest we both blow off some steam, have a few drinks to decompress and then maybe we would be able to think more clearly.  Just then a knock came at my office door.  "Come in." I answered