Fable-town: New Beginnings [Recruiting two more writers!!!]

Started by El Maligno, December 15, 2015, 08:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Maligno

Hello all! I want to first thank you for taking the time to stop by this little post of mine. I have wanted for a very long time to create a Fables Rp. Now if you are not familiar with the Fables comics or the video game A Wolf Among Us that is OK because while we will be using some examples from both for inspiration we will be creating a whole new story/universe for ourselves. (Exciting right?  ;D)

Any who basically this is going to be about the going on's in a place called FableTown which is a hidden city within the great U.S.A. Manhattan to be exact. In this city various people from fairy tales, myths, legends and folklore interact and mingle. The reason my fine audience as to why we are now located in America is that a DARK, FOUL and Perverse entity known as The Nothing drove us out of our Homelands and has conquered our realm. Not all of the stories made it out alive. Most have been lost to the depths of The Nothing. Protagonists and antagonists alike from all stories have been targeted without discrimination. The Nothing for reasons unknown hates all of us Fables (our race so to speak) and wishes to wipe us all out. Through the means of ancient magic along with the help of the remaining Fables' energy all pooled together we managed to jump into a realm where our lives were nothing but stories for others to enjoy though we find out that the stories in this realm didn't always get things right...because sometimes "happily ever after" just didn't pan out. Here we are forced to hide our true forms and attempt to blend in with the Humans when we dwell outside of our own personal city. All Fables buy the services of The Witches in order to hide their forms in order to avoid the attention of the world around us. Things have changed, we have changed, in a world where alcohol, drugs and sex are all around us as we try to deal with being in a strange new realm, all the while missing our rightful home and the creeping fear of the eventual invasion by The Nothing . Things didn't always work out for the princesses, the villains may not be so bad now, everything has changed and not always for the better. It's a dark cruel world and some habits die hard. Will we try to hold true to our nature or do we let the world and despair corrupt us? It's all up to you. You might see Snow White living the life of a stripper or Beauty having to work 3 jobs in order to help maintain her old life style with her husband. Perhaps Prince Charming is now penniless or maybe little boy blue works at a bar? Rose Red deals in drugs, while Beast is a bouncer for a nightclub the world is ours to create. Have fun and choose wisely. Because something wicked this way comes....

I am looking for a good round number maybe 7+ people? Or if the interest is enough for someone to want to make multiple people (as long as you don't overwhelm yourself) that is cool too. I hope this catches your eye. I have a lot of good ideas and plot twists for our characters so please feel free to send me a pm or post on here. I will give a detailed plot outline once we have our "gang". Feel free to follow my example on the character sheet and post it on here for review. Depending on the character sheet as long as the person (Fable) is some how a part of a myth, legend, story, fairy-tale or folklore then they should be acceptable.

Extra note: Also if possible and if no one minds I need (for plot purposes) 1 female volunteer for my character's love interest (does not mean we hook up right away or that we even start in a relationship right away I know you may want to go try some other Fables before you settle down) and a volunteer for a best-friend male or female, and as a small hint for our first little story arc a volunteer for a person interested in being a Fable that is turning serial....(message me for your interest and I will tell you more details)

Here is my example.

Name: Bigby Wolfe

Appearance (Both fictional and non fictional):

almost full transformation

Age: Looks 30 but is actually one of the Oldest Fables around.

Height: 5'11" (in human form)

Sexual Orientation: Straight   

Relationship Status: Single

Abilities: Heightened Senses, Superhuman Strength, transformation and a few Big Bad Wolf secrets...

Weakness: Silver, High Pitched frequencies

Reputation: Even though he is a changed Wolf...uh..man. Bigby is still remembered with fear, dislike or even hatred for his time as The Big Bad Wolf. Little Red, The pigs and a few other stories...yep it was all him during his darker days. He is seen as an enforcer rather than the Sheriff that he really is. His quick temper and liberal use of violence does little to help people warm up to him. Those that work with him however find that he cares greatly for the well being of the Fables and seeks to redeem himself in their eyes. He is generally treated with caution except for a few who are brave (though foolish) to cross him, or those who see past his gruff exterior.

Bio: For thousands of years Bigby went by the name The Big Bad Wolf. He killed for fun and ruined all he came across. A few times he was driven away by those lucky enough to catch him on an off day but for the most part he was an unstoppable force of nature that was tolerated. Many knights, hunters and warriors fell before his teeth and claws. Bounties from all the kingdoms did little to stir resistance against him. He did what he wanted, when he wanted....but even though he didn't admit it to himself it was a lonely life. As a lone wolf and literally the only one of his kind he had no one in his life. For a long time he was filled with bitterness, longing and anger. It was him against the world. That is until The Nothing came....Then everything changed. Bigby was one of the first to meet The Nothing. Before The Nothing there was not a single foe, enemy or rival that ever struck fear into Bigby's heart.  But meeting The Nothing face to face not only chilled Bigby to his core it forced him to revert into his human form. Something he had never done before. He doesn't remember the meeting only the fact that he ran as fast as possible to warn all the kingdoms and every living thing he met on the way. At first few believed him (who would take the word of The Big Bad Wolf) until reports came flooding in all around the realm. It was chaos everywhere, Fables were being absorbed by this invader, strange twisted and dark beings were attacking every living thing. As a show of his good intentions Bigby volunteered to travel far and wide spreading the news to save as many Fables as possible, to fight the strange twisted creatures that attacked the land and to rescue any Fable the creatures managed to capture. It was during one such raid on captives that Bigby found (Insert name of love interest) and though he kept a new blossoming feeling to himself he knew he found the first person ever to become important in his life. When the Witches asked for power he made sure to give all he could muster, willing every drop he could from his body. Once they landed in the human realm he was unsure of what he should do. Fortunately a job awaited him. He was judged for his past crimes and appointed Sheriff to both punish him and to take advantage of his fighting skills. He was forbidden however to ever use his full powers for fear of him falling back into his old ways. It was a hard job, a thankless job. Many people disliked him, others distrusted him thinking it was strange that he managed to get away from The Nothing when so many failed to escape once it caught them. For the next 10 years he did his best to learn his job but life, depression and the job (because there are some things you can't un-see) slowly caused him to grow jaded and cynical. Still he has a few bright points in his life...

Likes: Meat, Smoking, Drinking, Women, Fighting, and Women. (So yes....sex) :P

Dislikes: Silver, Dog Whistles, Cruelty, Fables that take advantage of other Fables, Law breakers, and Injustice.

(Currently being worked on but here is a rough sheet for now)

la dame en noir

HIGHLY interested

I was even thinking of making a fable-town rp myself and now I don't have to. PLEASE LET ME IN! D: lol
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

El Maligno

I would be more than happy to let you in! Which character would you like to claim? :-)

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Lustful Bride

Im gonna have to read some old fables to think up characters. Im still eagerly awaiting the next damn season of Wolf Among us. I need more Bigby!

Hmmm is it an option to play as an animal who can afford a Glamor to be human?

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

El Maligno

Feel free to choose whatever as long as they were a part of the story doesn't even matter how small because all Fables HAVE to have a human form so yes you can choose anything! I know I can't wait for the new season!

El Maligno

El Maligno

Here is my example.

Name: Bigby Wolfe

Age: Looks 30 but is actually one of the Oldest Fables around.

Height:5'11"

Abilities: Heightened Senses, Superhuman Strength, transformation and a few Big Bad Wolf secrets...

Weakness: Silver, High Pitched frequencies

Reputation: Even though he is a changed Wolf...uh..man. Bigby is still remembered with fear, dislike or even hatred for his time as The Big Bad Wolf. Little Red, The pigs and a few other stories...yep it was all him during his darker days. He is seen as an enforcer rather than the Sheriff that he really is. His quick temper and liberal use of violence does little to help people warm up to him. Those that work with him however find that he cares greatly for the well being of the Fables and seeks to redeem himself in their eyes. He is generally treated with caution except for a few who are brave (though foolish) to cross him, or those who see past his gruff exterior.

Bio: For thousands of years Bigby went by the name The Big Bad Wolf. He killed for fun and ruined all he came across. A few times he was driven away by those lucky enough to catch him on an off day but for the most part he was an unstoppable force of nature that was tolerated. Many knights, hunters and warriors fell before his teeth and claws. Bounties from all the kingdoms did little to stir resistance against him. He did what he wanted, when he wanted....but even though he didn't admit it to himself it was a lonely life. As a lone wolf and literally the only one of his kind he had no one in his life. For a long time he was filled with bitterness, longing and anger. It was him against the world. That is until The Nothing came....Then everything changed. Bigby was one of the first to meet The Nothing. Before The Nothing there was not a single foe, enemy or rival that ever struck fear into Bigby's heart.  But meeting The Nothing face to face not only chilled Bigby to his core it forced him to revert into his human form. Something he had never done before. He doesn't remember the meeting only the fact that he ran as fast as possible to warn all the kingdoms and every living thing he met on the way. At first few believed him (who would take the word of The Big Bad Wolf) until reports came flooding in all around the realm. It was chaos everywhere, Fables were being absorbed by this invader, strange twisted and dark beings were attacking every living thing. As a show of his good intentions Bigby volunteered to travel far and wide spreading the news to save as many Fables as possible, to fight the strange twisted creatures that attacked the land and to rescue any Fable the creatures managed to capture. It was during one such raid on captives that Bigby found (Insert name of love interest) and though he kept a new blossoming feeling to himself he knew he found the first person ever to become important in his life. When the Witches asked for power he made sure to give all he could muster, willing every drop he could from his body. Once they landed in the human realm he was unsure of what he should do. Fortunately a job awaited him. He was judged for his past crimes and appointed Sheriff to both punish him and to take advantage of his fighting skills. He was forbidden however to ever use his full powers for fear of him falling back into his old ways. It was a hard job, a thankless job. Many people disliked him, others distrusted him thinking it was strange that he managed to get away from The Nothing when so many failed to escape once it caught them. For the next 10 years he did his best to learn his job but life, depression and the job (because there are some things you can't un-see) slowly caused him to grow jaded and cynical. Still he has a few bright points in his life...

Likes: Meat, Smoking, Drinking, Women, Fighting, and Women. (So yes....sex) :P

Dislikes: Silver, Dog Whistles, Cruelty, Fables that take advantage of other Fables, Law breakers, and Injustice.

(Currently being worked on but here is a rough sheet for now)

wander

Oh! Interested! ^^

Put me down as a male Cheshire Cat! :)

With more interest and as more bios come in, I'll put the effort up to make one myself and cement my interest. :)

El Maligno

I like the idea of the Cheshire Cat!

la dame en noir

OOO how did I not think of that?

I'll figure out a fable soon.
A&A | FxF |

TheHangedOne

Interested. Let's see if I can come up with something.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

VonDoom

Is it possible to reserve a character who has been multiple characters in different guises?

Perhaps slightly inspired by the (much inferior) Once Upon A Time and it's tendency to make one character have served multiple roles, I was thinking of playing the Grand Vizier, a master sorcerer wise in the ways of the Djinn and the magics of men and the gods. A morally questionable character but certainly no Disney Jafar (though at times that was his name), he would have served as the antagonist to Aladdin amongst other 1001 Nights protagonists as well as a guiding figure at times ... but also have traveled much and through many places, at times appearing as clever tricksters or strange wise men.

I also have this strong desire to say he was in the Mundie reason before in his travels and was the historical Rasputin, if that is a thing we can potentially do here.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Life in Color

Put me down as 234982340234098 kinds of interested.

I'd be down for Snow, or Cindy, or Rapunzel.

Or that Indian fable in Fairest Volume... 3? I can't remember her name right now and I'm too lazy to go over to my bookcase.

Anyways.

Totes interested.

Garuss Vakarian

Id be interested in playing the trickster Reynard Fox. But, as long as I am allowed a few liberties. (I just like to add my own quirks to characters, make them somewhat my own or even add to what was originally there.) Id even be willing to make him one of the major players in a villainous sense. Edit: But more so a sympathetic villain, or even antihero.

El Maligno

Von Doom feel free to create a character that has been in more than one "story" as you can see in my character sheet Bigy happens to be the wolf in little red riding hood as well as the wolf in the three little pigs. Another example is that story where the boy cried wolf all the time... Anyways in short any and every story there was a Wolf that was Bigby so feel free as long as youhave an explanation for how and why.   

Alix as far as i know those ladies are up for grabs and once you have a sheet for them they will be cemented for you.

Garuss i like the idea and i have read your message i am headingbto work and today once I have time we shall hash out a few ideas but I like your idea a lot.

El Maligno

One small note. Like i said this won't rrally be following the footsteps of the comics or the game maybe a little here and there to ease us in or because it was something i think happened to make for a great story. We will be creating our own little fabke universe. The main "bad guy" is an unknown force I'm calling The Nothing which hates all Fables and is hell bent on wiping us out. Why we have yet to know. If you know the game or comics The Darkness that's more of what we are facing really. I want some thing dark twisted and sadistic coming after us. It will be a huge contrast as our lives from before were almost fairy tale like (as i said before not everyone really did get that happily ever after)

Garuss Vakarian

Glad you like the idea man.

Also ya, sort of got that idea but am glad your reiterating it. Makes things clear that this is not the comics, so I dont feel as bad with changing things up on characters. Like, lol, making Reynard Fox more of a antagonist. Any way, below are my characters:

Name: Reynard Fox

Fable: Many fox based fables, including Ausops Fables or western fables based upon the Reynard Cycle. More notably known amoung his fellow Animal Fables, for the tale "The Fox and the Sick Lion."

Age: Looks about 30, but when has age been as it seems in Fable Town?
Faceclaim: Adrian Brody

Abilities: Heightened Senses,  Known for his Great Cunning.

Weakness: High Pitched frequencies, Arrogance, Easy Attachment (Can easily like or even love someone if he leaves himself to emotionally vulnerable.) Requires a Glamour to fit among humans.

Reputation: Reynard has developed quite the reputation as a trickster, prankster and over all manipulator. As well as being a mentally unstable egotist. And despite his few good deeds, including having saved many of his fable animals. And having lead the animal fables into fleeing into the human world. His bad deeds, outweighed the few good deeds in many Fables eyes. Imprisoning him, for his potential to do harm.

Personality: As with Ausops tale, the Fox and The Grape. Reynard is a man, that does whatever it takes to obtain what he wants. And if he cant achieve it, he will proclaim the 'grapes' sour. As it is always easy to just say, it is bad or spoiled, when you cant get it. Reynard is a shining example, of a Sympathetic villain. Most would say he can even be a hero. He lies, he cheats, he does despicable things but only ever to survive, or do the right thing. Or so he would at least have you think. Reynard as a fox, is a survivor. But he is also selfish, cunning, and dangerous. Even if he has done good things in the past for his fellow animals, he has also done many bad things among them. Leaving mixed opinions about his personal character. Many of which both good and bad is true, though about as much is exaggerated.

Bio: Back in the Homeland there are many villains and heroes but, for the likes of Reynard Fox well.... He lay's somewhere in between. Often things are not as they seem but, he did gain himself a reputation upon deeds both good and terrible. A trickster, pranking others for fun as well as preying upon the ignorance of others for food or resource. It stands to reason that opinions of Reynard the Fox are well... Split. He is known for many tales. But most notably, here are a few. At a younger age, their king of the Valley, Lion had grown old and sickly. Calling upon the other animals, such as Toad, cat, Stork and so on. He told them that if they can tell him their greatest deeds, an animal among them will become the new king. However, Fox was clever. Waiting only to see, that paw prints always appeared to enter... But never leave. Fox warned the animals, and ever since none would enter. Letting their, 'king' die of hunger. Reynard would later be named King of the Foxes. And later on in his life, would help his fellow Animal fables flee from the Nothing. Cleverly tricking the nothings creatures that he would help them kill the Animals of the Valley for the scraps of his fellows. In the valley, there was a legend about Christmas pies miraculously appearing. He told the creatures that for three days, they should cook as many pies as they could and leave them for the inhabitants of the valley to feast upon out of ignorance. On the fourth day, they were to cook rocks into the pies so the animals would be too slow to flee. And on the fourth day, they all waited around a grove for the animals to eat the pies. Meanwhile, the animals, led by Reynard, escaped to find Sanctuary among the rebels of their world. Cooking the pies was nothing more, then a baseless distraction. Reynards good deeds were undeniable, but so were his bad. He was known for his trickery, ego and even known for out right murder. After fleeing into the mundane world of humans, the other Fables agreed that for his past deeds he should be imprisoned. As he stands as a danger to their way of life. Later on, when the farm was created he was taken to it. To live among criminals, as well as other Fables that can not afford a Glamour and appear human.

Likes: Many Luxuries, especially including fine dinning. (After all living as a scavenger leaves one gluttonous for finely serviced meals and leaves one to enjoy the pampering of others.) Enjoys tricking or outsmarting others, for many reasons. Could be the means of a good laugh or feeding his already inflated ego. It could also be to put some one he finds to be mean, evil or crude in their place. (Such as a figure of power, strength and totalitarian authority.) And yes, more often then not his trickery is a means of survival and self sufficiency. He also enjoys fulfilling his carnal desires, however he is more so a romantic at heart. (Thus a loyal lover.)

Dislikes: High pitched noises, like whistles. Stupidity, nothing makes him more annoyed or enraged then profound stupidity. Being embarrassed, humiliated or outsmarted. (Takes massive offense to being outsmarted!) And Wolves. Especially his arch nemesis, Insengram the Wolf. (Whom has for some time been unaccounted for.)

Name: Woody Garland. (AKA the Woodsmen from Red Riding hood, and Huntsmen from Snow White.)

Faceclaim: Chriss Hemsworth

Relationship Status: Single, known for alchohol giving him a temper as well as it giving him abusive tendencies. that reputation makes him very much unnatractive as a partner.

Abilities: Like any fable he is resilient, with a minor healing factor. Although much like Bigby he has shown to be much more resilient then most, healing easily from even a two story fall. He is physically strong, and a good fist fighter, allowing him to over power most. However if beings like Bigby were to move into any of their bigger or stronger forms he can easily find himself outmatched. His only real asset as a fighter is his Ax. Which has some mystical qualities, such as giving Woody an almost symbiotic and emotional connection with it.

Weakness: He is as mortal as your common fable. He can take twice the beating as one but, in the end he can still die just as easily. Well... As easy as it is to kill a fable. (Which in the end is pretty difficult without chopping off a head.) Weak minded; Woody is a recovering drunkard, driven by the guilt of his bastard past and the pain of being a hero who doesn't deserve his renown.  His will is somewhat weak as a result. Meaning he can easily be manipulated by a clever tongue, especially when ones words utilizes Woody's own guilt, Empathy for others or his care for his own friends. Further he has little mental resistance to mind based spells.

Reputation: Hailed as a hero back in the Homeland for facing the likes of Bigby, and refussing to kill Snow White. Now a days, he does have a reputation as a drunkard and mean bastard. However, since he has become Bigby's deputy he has gone nearly sober, even loosing a lot of his attitude. Even then, there is kind of a stigma against him for much of his past actions. Leaving him socially as a washed up hero.

Personality: At first glance, The Woodsman seems to fill in the role of the stereotypical town drunk; he is seldom sober, he is violent and impulsive, and is without a qualm in his beating of others. However, since he has become the Deputy of Bigby, he does show some signs of intelligence and rationality. Woody can be honest and direct to people when he admits that he did something wrong, he is also sympathetic and helpful. He recognizes that he can be an ass hole, he even dislikes a lot of the wrong that he has done. Hell, he is even up front to very close friends, that he first intended on robbing Little red's grandma, he only found Bigby there and fought him out of impulse. He no longer drinks as much, and tries not to be as aggressive as his past has shown. But this new found sobriety does not eliminate the stigma he has grown among his fellow fables. However, the newfound respect he has for his former rival Bigby, and his willingness to be a better man are undeniable. Right now he is trying to live up to his fame, do the right thing and prove;if not to others, then himself. That he is a hero.

Bio: Under construction

Likes: Alcohol, though in a very limited amount these days. His past of literally drowning himself in booz are over, and was only due to hating himself for being revered as a hero, when really he was just a selfish guy in the right place at the wrong time- A good brawl. He honestly loves fighting, it's fun and it allows him to unleash his darker side. At least now days he fights at the side of the law, and with a bit more self control. - Snow white.... He wont lie, he has kind of a fondness for her. He did end up with Little red for some time after saving her but really, he always was infatuated by Snow. She was sweet, beautiful, and didnt deserve to die. It's why in spite of possibly the best pay day he would ever dream of, he let the girl live. She may not be as uh... Sweet, and naive as when he first met her but she is still just as beautiful. Hed never give himself the illusion of him and her being together but he would always enjoy her company, as well trust her judgement, even blindly so.

Dislikes: Scumbags. A really asinine thing to say but, people that are truly mean, despicable or feckless make him mad because to him it is like a mirror to his past. Abuse and violence towards women. He has admittedly, been very rough to the dames. It was mainly out of a short temper, and near constant drunken stupor. In reality he is very empathetic, and doesn't like it when others hurt women.

Smokeyes

Since I couldn't find any mention of the snake from the garden of Eden,( thought she would make an interesting character) I wondered if you had room for the Coyote? I'll hash out some details for consideration as soon as I've thought it through a little more,I am heading in the direction of feisty ,cunning ,self preserving but with an underlying desire to encourage the people she is closest to fulfill their greatest potential.
Putting theSensual into NonConSensual
And When I get there, I will arrive Violently

Keep on takin' your medication.
Lock that temper behind those pills.
Your brain is flying' , insanely frying'
Just remember its bad to kill - Imelda May

VonDoom

It kiiiiinda overlaps with Reynard the fox. Strongly so. I'm not the GM, but if you propose a character I'd make sure they are distinctly different to the other character who stems from the trickster animal archetype.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Bekah Boo

Ooooo I'm very interested, are there positions available? If so I'd like to stake a claim of the role of Rapunzel or perhaps Ariel really.
I'd be taking from the old Grimm tales, so no doubt they'd be an bit twisted but fun to play out.

El Maligno

Bekah you are free to choose whoever and right now no one is cemented yet. So you are free to make them how you want. They could be strippers prostitues escorts bartenders waitresses librarians or anything at all

Bekah Boo

Lustful Bride

Name: Goldilocks "Goldy"

Age: Looks to be in her early 20s to late teens but stopped keeping track after the American Revolution.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual.

Relationship Status: Single (Begrudgingly)

Abilities: Learned how to survive in a forest thanks to the Bears, became a hunter for some time.

Weakness: Lethal injuries, losing her glasses, does not have as much cardio as she used to. An absolutely terrible liar.

Reputation: Since she works at a bookstore most people think of her as a bookworm and sometimes a gossiper when she just cant help herself. Some even joke that she could probably be knocked over by a slight summer breeze, but The Bears and a few others know her as a survivor. For three days she carried a bear cub on her back while n the run from the Nothing, having lost her home and family (aside from the Bears) and yet had the strength to keep going through the hardest of journeys.

Bio: Most people think that the relationship between Goldi and the Three bears either ended with her running off and never seeing them again, or being eaten, after they found her in their beds. In fact the story was quite different, she did end up running away, but returned to them out of curiosity many times, watching the bears in their home and how much like people they acted. Taking a chance she eventually visited them once more. Luckily the bears were less than savage, and even welcoming to little Goldilocks, and so she began to visit them constantly, playing with the young cub and even caring for him as she grew older. Thanks to her relationship with them the Bears taught her how to find the best food from the forests, and even other friends in it like the bird Cock Robin, who would later come to warn her when The Nothing came.

All her life Goldi lived with her mother and father in a small cottage in the woods, away from the town since her father usually hunted animals or cut down trees to sell the woods. Her parents just thought that her tales of talking bears were just her imagination, and sadly if they had heeded her words and come with her when she visited the bears on their final day of life, they might have survived. Goldi herself only survived because Robin told her she had to visit the bears, because they were packing up to leave. This one act saved her life that day. For the Nothing had arrived and was passing right through.

For three years Goldilocks lived with the Three Bears and other forest animals, hiding from The Nothing, until the forest itself was set ablaze in order to root out the survivors, they joined up with a mass of fleeing refugees and after another year or hardship they heard tales of a mundane magicless world where the Nothing did not exist, and ventured forth with many others to find it. Goldi now lives in New York but from time to time will go up into the catskills to visit the bears who have their own little home in a cave. She just tries to make it day to day and pretend that there isn't a force of evil out there looking for them.

Likes: Meat, sodas, books, comics, spending time taking care of Baby Bear. Simple things really.

Dislikes: People who bother her while reading. Rude people, those who liter and don't respect nature. The Nothing.

I think we should probably mention that people can play as fables not just from European tales but from all over, in case they want to play as some South American, fables or etc. So people can play from all over :P