The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Game Links:

The Uncanny X-Men (OOC Chat)
The Uncanny X-Men (Interest/Character Approval)
The Uncanny X-Men (List of Assets)
The Uncanny X-Men (List of Notices, Canon)
The Uncanny X-Men (Headmaster's Office)

To me, my X-Men!
Welcome to Phantom Pistoleer's The Uncanny X-Men, a free-form forum game on good ole' E!  Please kick your legs up and peruse to your heart's content.  I hope something stirs the imagination and compels you to join.

The X-Men
Players will be free to select from existing X-men or choose to create new X-Men.  The X-Men are composed of a coalition of mutants of all races, genders and ages;  it is possible to create an X-Man who is still a student.  In fact, it will generally be assumed that all created characters are students, while all existing characters will not be.  The X-Men will operate out of Xavier's School for the Gifted, and the setting will be in the modern day, but not actually canon.  The game's independent canon will be established by the players.

The format for character submissions will be simple.  Indeed, I've always preferred the structure of the 1993 Marvel Collectible Cards.

Taken X-Men
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Phantom Pistoleer:  Wolverine, Head Master
AribethAmkiir:  Rogue, X-Man
kckolbe:  Banshee, X-Man
Ebb:  Colossus, X-Man
Batman:  Iceman, X-Man

Characters being worked on:  Storm, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Alt. Reality Jean Grey

Player Expectations:

• Players are expected to get along in the OOC.
  • Players are expected to not God Mode*.
  • Players are expected to be considerate of their character's powers in relation to the powers of other characters in game.
  • Players will be solicited by the GM for the purposes of story and action -- i.e., the GM will create prompts between characters that can be acted upon.
  • Players will maintain a similar posting frequency with those they are playing with.

*  On the topic of God Moding, I would like to state categorically that I will not tolerate it.  However, I generally feel that my perception of God Moding is far different from other players.  A lot of people believe that God Moding is when a character is powerful.  However, that isn't quite true.  God Moding occurs when one player doesn't ask another player's permission when it comes to harming their characters.  It also occurs when a person plays out another player's character for them.  Since the game requires predetermination in combat, players are allowed to develop characters with truly vast power arrays.

Character Bio Sample:

Feral Mutant:  Wolverine
Group Affiliation:  X-Men, X-Force, Avengers
Height:  5'3"
Weight:  195 lbs.
Arch-Enemies:  Sabretooth, Hellfire Club, Magneto, Weapon X
Nickname:  Logan, Wolvie

Powers: 

• Regenerative healing factor
  • Superhuman senses, strength, agility, stamina, reflexes and longevity
  • Adamantium-laced skeletal structure
  • Retractable adamantium-laced bone claws
  • Elongated and sharp canines

Skills:

• Master martial artist, spy, swordsman, samurai and tactician
  • Highly intelligent, fluent in various languages
Bio:  Savage, unpredictable, unstoppable -- all of these words describe the man known as Wolverine.  He is without a doubt the most formidable member of the X-Men, and, some would say, the most loyal as well.  His razor-sharp claws and his ferocious attitude make his enemies think twice about crossing him-- and those that do cross him rarely get the chance to repeat their mistake!

Wolverine's Social Web:
Rogue:  Trusted, Confidant
Banshee:  Respect, Difference of Opinion
Wyldecat:  Regret, Responsibility
Lady Luck:  Fearful (of what her presence might do to the school), Sympathetic
Colossus:  Brother
Iceman:  Goofy Younger Brother
Druid: TBD

[float=left][img width=400]IMAGE ADDRESS GOES HERE[/img][/float] 
[color=blue][size=18pt][b]DESCRIPTION:  CODE NAME[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Group Affiliation:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Arch-Enemies:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]

[b]Powers:  [/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]

GM Prompts

1.  Charles Xavier went missing approximately two weeks ago.  The X-Men have scoured the earth looking for him, with no luck.
2.  Dracula, the Lord of All Vampires, has abducted and transformed Jubilee into a Vampire.  Dracula and his Vampire Minions seek to wage war against the X-Men.
3.  The X-Men are being closely monitored by the American Government, and their relationship with the Avengers is strained.
4.  Wolverine is the Head Master, and this is a point of contention among some senior members of the X-Men, like Banshee.
5.  Captain America has asked for Rogue to be turned over to The Avengers for her assault on Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Ms. Marvel, which occurred years ago.
6.  Lady Luck is the newest member of the X-Men, having joined just two weeks ago.
7.  Lady Luck is viewed as a highly sought-after commodity by members of the organized crime community; she is wanted by numerous cartels, and a huge bounty has been placed for her capture.
8.  It is not widely known yet, but at the time Professor Xavier disappeared, Cerebra was badly damaged. Investigation by Beast seems to reveal that it was hacked, then damaged to cover up the attempt. It is not known what information was taken.
9.You decide!

(All players will be asked to add one GM prompt!)

The Communal Canon:

1.  Banshee is a long-time serving member of the X-Men, and served as an instructor to many younger X-Men when he didn't have his powers.  Students trained by Banshee include ... (ADD YOUR CHARACTER TO COMMUNAL CANON #1!)
2.  After discovering Xavier's disappearance, Rogue and a group of X-Men, including Banshee and (2) other members followed a lead into the mid-west where they found and rescued several students, including (2) students but failed to find any trace of Charles Xavier.  (ADD YOUR CHARACTER TO COMMUNAL CANON #2!)
3.  Rogue has undertaken a more active position at the school as the women's dorm den mother.
4.  On a tip from Spider-Man, Wolverine, Colossus (2) other X-Men extracted Lady Luck from the clutches of the Kingpin, in a rare battle between the X-Men and organized crime.  (ADD YOUR CHARACTER TO COMMUNAL CANON #4!)
5.  Colossus led a training mission of several X-Men students, including (3) students into the sewers beneath New York, expecting little opposition. They battled a pair of supercharged Morlocks who seemed to possess some strange dark energy. The fight ended in stalemate, both Morlocks escaping.  (ADD YOUR CHARACTER TO COMMUNAL CANON #5!)

Child of the Atom

Mutants are segregated into four distinct power categories, detectable by Cerebra.

*Gamma  No real powers or basically just superficial ones, but still clearly a mutant (such as blue skin pigmentation)
*Beta  Minor or Moderate but very limited power (such as winged flight).
*Alpha  Moderate power(s).  Most X-Men fall into the Alpha level (Wolverine, Colossus, Beast all fall in the Alpha level of mutation).
*Omega Major power(s), usually both affecting themselves and others and normally in a dynamic array. (Iceman, Professor X, Elixer).

The Xavier Estate

Remotely located at 1407 Graymalkin Lane in Salem Center, just outside Century Station, the foundation of the mansion dates back to the 1700's and has always been in the Xavier family. Built on the edge of Breakstone Lake by Dutch ancestors, it is now publicly known as the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, a respected private school with a highly limited enrollment. In general, the mansion above ground is for public use and public observation. All attempts have been made to preserve the historical and architectural integrity of its above ground structure. All levels beginning at basement sub level A are for X-Men use only and specially authorized non X-Men personnel. This is, of course, for security reasons.  The mansion has been rebuilt and expanded several times in the last few years with a mind toward personal comfort, space and security.

Though as the true nature of the mansion is more or less public knowledge, and there are only a couple hundred mutants left on the planet, privacy has become a moot point. The mansion has been destroyed and rebuilt many times, via funding by the various independently wealthy members of the X-Men (Frost, Xavier, Worthington) and others. Its most recent destruction gave birth to entirely new look and layout for the mansion proper, though the classic style remains the same. Much of its sub-levels contain technology that can be found nowhere else on the globe, incorporating tech from alien races and even the future, retro-engineered and integrated with original inventions crafted by some of the best minds on the planet. With the combined financial bolstering of their extremely wealthy members, their extremely gifted engineers and inventors on the team, their connections to various outside resources, and having team members from distant high-tech futures, the X-Men are rarely at a loss for resources, especially when on Mansion grounds.

The Mansions most vaunted features are of course the Danger Room, the War Room, the Blackbird hangar (which now houses three modestly armed, super-modified, hyper-sonic, stealth planes), and the Cerebra Chamber. The Mansion itself is only the central point of the Xavier Estate which in itself it quite massive (not to mention the extensive underground cavern networks). The Xavier Estate is owned by Charles Xavier.

Blackbirds
For many years, this was the X-Men's main mode of travel throughout the world. Originally built by Lockheed Martin, the Blackbird has always possessed Mach capability as well as Stealth ability and Vertical Thrusters. Professor X somehow gained at least one working version of the limited-run, advanced model RS-150 Blackbird from SHIELD after the Stratojet had been destroyed by Count Nefaria. Soon after the X-Men acquired this 7-seat version of the Blackbird, it was upgraded with Shi'ar technology and given a cloaking device. In the following years, it was rebuilt and remodeled by Forge. Needless to say, they have gone through many of these jets with time, and the newer ones have been created and modified by Forge to have even greater capability. The craft is intended to be a trans-sonic transportation device that can carry all current members of the X-Men plus several passengers. The Blackbird is equipped to fly long-duration, high-altitude reconnaissance missions and shorter trips, as well as to any climate. A mission specific add-on pod can be equipped for several pre-planned or exotic mission scenarios. It is also outfitted for battle with several offensive systems stations which control the built-in laser guns. There are now currently 3 Blackbirds in service with the X-Men, one for each of the field teams.

F.A.Q.

Is the game first come first serve as far as picking canon characters, or will you take the best application?

The game doesn't require writing samples.  We are all here to have fun.  However, players without a strong writing background are asked to create new characters instead of assuming the roles of canon characters.

Finally, are you going to limit players to a certain number of characters?

Players are permitted to assume one canon character, and more than one character created character.  However, be respectful to the gender ratio, and to other players.

Can I play a female canon if I am male, and vice versa?

I don't see why not.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Definitely watching this, thinking of bringing back Banshee.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

AribethAmkiir

Interested!

So if Logan is Headmaster, is Xavier dead or simply out of the picture?

Also, is it first come first serve as far as picking cannon characters, or will you take the best application? 

@kckolbe: Banshee would be cool.  :D

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: kckolbe on July 09, 2013, 11:45:10 PM
Definitely watching this, thinking of bringing back Banshee.

Banshee is a great character.  I always liked him.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 09, 2013, 11:47:09 PM
So if Logan is Headmaster, is Xavier dead or simply out of the picture?

Also, is it first come first serve as far as picking cannon characters, or will you take the best application? 

A common trope in X-Men storytelling is wondering where Xavier is.  The same is true for this game.  A focal story point in the game will be Xavier's inexplicable whereabouts, and the X-Men's attempts to figure out exactly what happened to him.  Logan is simply head master because I don't think I can do a good Cyclops -- and the most interesting version of Scott Summers is the guy who doesn't want to be head master.

I'm not sure what the process for picking canon characters will be.  I don't know if it will be application based.  You know, I feel like... life is tough enough, you know, for people to go about, and then have to qualify themselves to a random dude on the internet to see whether or not they can play a character.  However, I HIGHLY encourage players who don't have a strong writing background to elect to create their own characters instead of canons.

Thirdly, I don't really mind if players have more than one character.  However, I do not want people to amass a collection of awesome canon characters.  And, having said that, I also don't want people to feel particularly attached to a canon character.  Canon characters can be exchanged, traded, given back, etc.  I really don't want to be put in the position where I have to TAKE a character back.  I simply ask for there to be a lot of consideration of other players, and to be responsible with the canons.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer
Banshee is a great character.  I always liked him.

He was a great character concept, but poorly executed.

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer
-- and the most interesting version of Scott Summers is the guy who doesn't want to be head master.

This is part of why Banshee was poorly executed.  All of the interesting angles were taken by Wolverine and Cyclops.  Banshee was an old man on a team full of young kids...so was Wolverine.  Banshee was an outsider and (involuntary) loner, despite being part of a team...so was Wolverine.  Banshee was a natural leader, but didn't want to lead...so was Cyclops. 

It's easy to see why they panicked and wrote Banshee out so often. 

Also, a general rule of 1 canon character per player works for early on.  I also recommend only allowing second characters that aid the gender ratio and fit the group. 
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

AribethAmkiir

Southern Belle:  Rogue
Group Affiliation: X-Men, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 135 lbs
Arch-Enemies: Mystique, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Hellfire Club, Ms. Marvel
Nickname: Rogue

Powers:  Rogue can absorb the memories, knowledge, talents, personality, and physical abilities (whether superhuman or not) of the person she touches.
Rogue permanently absorbed the superhuman powers and the psyche of the original Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers).  This provided her with superhuman strength, stamina, durability, reflexes, speed and a 7th sense.
When she possessed Carol Danvers' psyche, her "double" consciousness made her highly resistant to telepathic probes. 
Skills:  Exceptional fighting skills
Bio:
Hailing from Caldecott, Mississippi Rogue is a runaway.  She was adopted by Mystique of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and grew up as a villain.  After Rogue permanently absorbed Ms. Marvel's psyche and Kree powers, she reformed and turned to the X-Men, fearing for her sanity.  Since joining the X-Men Rogue has been a constant, loyal member who has proven her place, time and time again, on the team.

Rogue's Social Web
Wolverine:  Trusted
Cyclops:  Trusted
Banshee: Respectful, though annoyed that he doesn't trust her.
Wyldecat: Sympathetic, yet weary
Lady Luck: Friendly, yet cautious
Colossus: Trusted friend
Druid: Sympathetic, yet weary

GhettoMagick

Ooohh can I play? If I can, can I choose a female cannon?
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Florence

Do we have to be 100% faithful to the comics version of a canon character, or are we establishing this as a distinct alternate universe where certain details may be different. (Such as the Ultimate, Age of Apocalypse, etc. universes)

If we can deviate slightly from the canon, I'd be interested in perhaps playing X-23.

If we can't, I don't really feel confident enough in my abilities to play any established character accurately, and would likely make my own.

Also, what's the general ratio of plot, sex and action expected? Is the rp gonna be a grand fuckfest with some plot and fighting attached, or will it be more focused on the action and adventure?

Edit: To clarify, I am quite familiar with X-23, her being one of my favorite Marvel characters. (Before she was popular, yo :U) I have an action figure of her, still in the case, sitting up on my shelf, and I had a copy of X-23: Innocence Lost, that I carried around with me everywhere that seems to have tragically disappeared. I also read NYX pretty much entirely because she was in it, though admittedly I fell in love with the character of Kiden too... somehow, though, I think between her not being in the institute and being able to freeze time and punch someone's head off, X-23 might be a better choice of character than Kiden xD

That said, I just never really feel confident in playing canon characters, ESPECIALLY in comics, where its so damn hard to keep up with every plot thread.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

kckolbe

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 10, 2013, 06:12:50 AM
Do we have to be 100% faithful to the comics version of a canon character, or are we establishing this as a distinct alternate universe where certain details may be different. (Such as the Ultimate, Age of Apocalypse, etc. universes)

Being 100% faithful to a character is impossible, as every character has had multiple writers and artists putting their own touches on those characters.  I would say submit the X-23 you want to play, and just mention anything you feel is different.  A well-developed character with a few personal twists will be more memorable than a one-dimensional carbon copy.

While we're on the subject, I plan on losing Banshee's accent and getting rid of Cassidy Keep.

Also, looking forward to writing with you.

Intro Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

Oh wow kckolbe bringing back his Banshee!  :: claps::

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: GhettoMagick on July 10, 2013, 04:11:36 AM
Ooohh can I play? If I can, can I choose a female cannon?

I don't see why not, Ghetto, on both counts.

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 10, 2013, 06:12:50 AM

If we can deviate slightly from the canon, I'd be interested in perhaps playing X-23.

If we can't, I don't really feel confident enough in my abilities to play any established character accurately, and would likely make my own.

Also, what's the general ratio of plot, sex and action expected? Is the rp gonna be a grand fuckfest with some plot and fighting attached, or will it be more focused on the action and adventure?

That said, I just never really feel confident in playing canon characters, ESPECIALLY in comics, where its so damn hard to keep up with every plot thread.

The established canon is the one we make.  However, if anything, it is similar to the 616 Universe, but the point of the game is for everyone to pitch in (literally) and contribute to the story, one plot point at a time.  You'll see what I'm talking about when I start going back and forth with Rogue's player.

As for the general ratio of plot, sex and action, I'm not really sure.  I kind of want to architect a game rife with plot.  But it's a game on an adult Web site.  Sex will be sort of a point.  But!  I would actually like to run investigations, missions and coordinate inter-personal storylines.  You'll see what I'm talking about soon.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Thanks Pumpkin, looking forward to seeing your character as well. 

PP: So will you be playing "villains" that we encounter as well?

Intro Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

Doubtful I can play hun.  Not even sure what I'd play.  Just definitely love your version of Banshee!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 10, 2013, 01:44:02 AM
good deal.  Sounds like a game that has a lot of promise. 

I'll throw out a character sheet.  Do you want an animated picture?

I don't need an animated picture.  The best picture is the one that you choose. :)

Southern Belle:  Rogue
Group Affiliation: X-Men, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 135 lbs
Arch-Enemies: Mystique, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Hellfire Club, Ms. Marvel
Nickname: Rogue

Powers:  Rogue can absorb the memories, knowledge, talents, personality, and physical abilities (whether superhuman or not) of the person she touches.
Rogue permanently absorbed the superhuman powers and the psyche of the original Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers).  This provided her with superhuman strength, stamina, durability, reflexes, speed and a 7th sense.
When she possessed Carol Danvers' psyche, her "double" consciousness made her highly resistant to telepathic probes. 
Skills:  Exceptional fighting skills
Bio:
Hailing from Caldecott, Mississippi Rogue is a runaway.  She was adopted by Mystique of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and grew up as a villain.  After Rogue permanently absorbed Ms. Marvel's psyche and Kree powers, she reformed and turned to the X-Men, fearing for her sanity.  Since joining the X-Men Rogue has been a constant, loyal member who has proven her place, time and time again, on the team.

This seems like a great bio.

In the comics, Rogue and Ms. Marvel are actually on speaking terms now, and can be considered friends.  Did you want to make this a point in the plot?

Also!  As a new player, I need for you to develop a Social Web and A Canon Plot Point and a Game Conflict.

The Social Web is a very simple list that will allow us all to better deal with others in a game where everyone already knows one another.  It looks like this:

Wolverine's Social Web:
Rogue:  Trusted
Cyclops:  Derision
Gambit:  Competitive
Storm:  Admiration

As the GM, I will sometimes have to force players to change their attitudes because of a plot point introduced into canon.  Sometimes, I will have to change an attitude because of a secret (and the secret attitude will remain secret!).

A Canon Plot Point is a small blurb for a previous adventure or happening around the mansion.   For example, you, as Rogue, can say:  Rogue led a group of SIX X-MEN into the Shi'iar Star System to fight against Kid Omega's evil forces.  It just needs to be one sentence.  People can contribute to this plot point by saying that they also participated.

Lastly, I need for you to develop a plot point for the present!  Something that the X-Men are currently dealing with.  This can be personal, interpersonal, or it can affect the group as a whole.  See the plot points that I've presented.  Except, in my sleepiness, I called them "GM PROMPTS," and not "Plot Points."

I know this seems like a lot of work, but I feel that if we can architect this correctly, people will have sufficient prompts to smooth over gameplay between new players and old ones.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: kckolbe on July 10, 2013, 09:08:39 AM
PP: So will you be playing "villains" that we encounter as well?

The game is Free Form, but it will require Game Mastery.  So, while I will be RPing the Universe, as it were, players may bring in characters who are villains to play in the school.  I will admit, however, that my running the game will get old, so I look forward to delegating players with villain opportunities sooner rather than later.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

What about the conventional, outside the school villains (Magneto, Hellfire, Arcade, etc)?

Intro Thread

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: kckolbe on July 10, 2013, 09:25:24 AM
What about the conventional, outside the school villains (Magneto, Hellfire, Arcade, etc)?

They aren't forbidden, per se, but the scope of the game is limited to the school and the X-Men's missions.  So, while you may play a conventional, outside the school villain like Magneto within the school, I really don't want to run the game with two central locations YET.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

RESERVE VETERAN:  BANSHEE
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 170
Arch-Enemies: Black Tom Cassidy
Nickname: None

Powers: 

Sonic screams
Flight
Superhuman hearing
Concussive blasts
Sonic energy lances
Ability to cause nausea, disorientation, or unconsciousness
Immune to Black Tom and Siryn
Immune to his own powers

Skills:

Veteran detective/undercover agent with Interpol and NYPD
Excellent marksman and hand to hand fighter
Well-versed in strategy and teamwork drills
Effective educator

Bio:

After growing up in Ireland, Sean moved to New York when Black Tom inherited Cassidy Keep.  He started working for INTERPOL, quitting after a few years due to a failed mission (botched by Deadpool).  While doing freelance detective work, he stumbled across Factor Three.  They found a way to mind control him, leading to his first fight as a mutant, that fight against the original X-Men team. 

For the next couple of years he continued in New York, living a somewhat normal life, his abilities aiding him greatly as a detective.  When the original X-Men team became captured, Banshee was one of several enlisted to help save them. 

Over the remaining years, Banshee lived a mainly normal life, interrupted by occasional stints as X-Man, instructor, and once as co-headmaster.  For a brief time he even helped start a separate team of mutants.  Upon hearing of Xavier's disapearance, he re-joined the X-Men.

(I edited his history slightly, having him spend more time in the US to justify a lack of accent.  Black Tom has Cassidy Keep in this version)

Banshee's Social Web:
Wolverine: Likes as an X-Man, but not as a leader.  Frequently confronted him about Jean in earlier years
Cyclops: Feels guilty toward, trusts completely
Rogue: Does not know well, is wary of

Canon Plot Point: Has frequently stepped in to steward over and help train younger mutants during times when without his powers, some of the younger ones may remember this.

GM Prompt: Wolverine is the leader?  Are you shitting me?

Intro Thread

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: kckolbe on July 10, 2013, 09:31:14 AM
RESERVE VETERAN:  BANSHEE
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 170
Arch-Enemies: Black Tom Cassidy
Nickname: None

Powers: 

Sonic screams
Flight
Superhuman hearing
Concussive blasts
Sonic energy lances
Ability to cause nausea, disorientation, or unconsciousness
Immune to Black Tom and Siryn
Immune to his own powers

Skills:

Veteran detective/undercover agent with Interpol and NYPD
Excellent marksman and hand to hand fighter
Well-versed in strategy and teamwork drills
Effective educator

Bio:

After growing up in Ireland, Sean moved to New York when Black Tom inherited Cassidy Keep.  He started working for INTERPOL, quitting after a few years due to a failed mission (botched by Deadpool).  While doing freelance detective work, he stumbled across Factor Three.  They found a way to mind control him, leading to his first fight as a mutant, that fight against the original X-Men team. 

For the next couple of years he continued in New York, living a somewhat normal life, his abilities aiding him greatly as a detective.  When the original X-Men team became captured, Banshee was one of several enlisted to help save them. 

Over the remaining years, Banshee lived a mainly normal life, interrupted by occasional stints as X-Man, instructor, and once as co-headmaster.  For a brief time he even helped start a separate team of mutants.  Upon hearing of Xavier's disapearance, he re-joined the X-Men.

(I edited his history slightly, having him spend more time in the US to justify a lack of accent.  Black Tom has Cassidy Keep in this version)

Banshee's Social Web:
Wolverine: Likes as an X-Man, but not as a leader.  Frequently confronted him about Jean in earlier years
Cyclops: Feels guilty toward, trusts completely
Rogue: Does not know well, is wary of

Canon Plot Point: Has frequently stepped in to steward over and help train younger mutants during times when without his powers, some of the younger ones may remember this.

GM Prompt: Wolverine is the leader?  Are you shitting me?

Ha ha ha.  I like this.  This is perfect.  I will have to change this around a bit in terms of wording.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Intro Thread

PhantomPistoleer

So, the communal plot looks like:

1.  Banshee is a long-time serving member of the X-Men, and served as an instructor to many younger X-Men when he didn't have his powers.  Students trained by Banshee include ... (ADD YOUR CHARACTER TO COMMUNAL CANON #1!)

Players are asked to add their names to #1, if and only if they were trained by Banshee.  This creates an immediate relationship!  Remember, new players will be joining all the time, so it's vital to keep track of the canon, to see where your character could fit in!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Just to make sure, I do plan on Banshee having been gone from the X-Men more often than not.  Some "stints" were longer than others, but I want to keep the part time hero concept.

Intro Thread

Kokaine

Was poked at by a certain someone so I am working on a possible submission.

A question for the GM though: Would you be open to Wolverine possibly having taken someone under his wing, at least as far as training?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Malrunar

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kokaine on July 10, 2013, 11:26:30 AM
Was poked at by a certain someone so I am working on a possible submission.

A question for the GM though: Would you be open to Wolverine possibly having taken someone under his wing, at least as far as training?

Not only am I okay with it, I highly encourage all players to build their characters with pre-existing relationships.  Everyone in the game should be open to new and fun ideas, especially if they increase the play's potential!

As an aside, I am delighted that you are interested in the game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O