Warhammer- Evil quest

Started by DKDBSD, November 05, 2011, 04:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinoraa

Name: Sindel Darkmane
Race: Chaos (demoness)

Appearance

Sindel does not have a permanent appearance, taking after the god she so faithfully worship. Each time she transforms her body, and return to her human form, it is altered. From the smallest of things like the color of her eyes, to a completely new face.

Equipment
Diary of a mad Prophet

Lesser men have died seeking the knowledge contained within these pages, while others have been reduced to little more but mindless beasts. For every word written in these pages, scorch the very soul of whoever look upon them. Still for those who can overcome the dangers, unlimited power lies in store. Though the book have now been in Sindel's possession for years, she has only been capable of reading the first half of the first page.
Runes of protection
Sindel has carved chaotic runes into her very flesh, which protects her from hexes, curses and varius mind manipulations.
Sacrificial dagger

A magical dagger capable of piercing even the thickest of armor. Yet Sindel rarely use it in battle. No this is a tool meant to deliver the souls of its victim, straight to the great Raven god.

Mount

Sindel rides a Screamer she grew with the aid of magic.

Familiar
As one of Tzeentch's followers, Sindel has the capability to summon demons under her god's rule, such as Horror's, Flamer's and Screamer's .

Background: As a follower of Tzeentch Sindel has a reputation for being a scheming opportunist and is as deadly with a sword as she is with magic. As a reward for many years of service, Tzeentch saw fit to reward her with his most precious gift. The gift of change.  The gift to change her very being, reshaping it into a perfect weapon unlike any other. Sindel is one of the rare Magus’s that can hold her own in close quarters, though she rarely resort to such things, preferring to take her enemies down from a distance, or without them ever knowing of her presence.

DKDBSD

Ok we have four characters and we'll possibly get some more people soon. I'm going to do a bit more work on the thread and then start us up. More characters are always welcome, especially more Druuchi or other evil races.

Sanai

Name: Lord Sanai Callistarius
Age: Unknown. Looks like someone in his late 20s or early 30s.
Race: Vampire. Appears to be off the Carstein Bloodline.
Appearance: Tall, about 6 foot, lean, muscular, handsome. Dark, raven black hair, deep black eyes, fine cheekbones, appears to be noble born. Along with his ornate armour he wears a black cloak with a fur mantle.
Equipment:
Armour of Mourkain and the Horned Crown
This ancient suit of plate armour is in perfect condition despite its age. It is made of black steel and is incredibly ornate. The armour is covered in stylised symbols of death, varying from skulls and bones to batlike wings in the style of the vampire counts. Even under its weight Sanai still moves with incredible speed and grace, as if it were mere cloth, yet it still offers the full protection of high quality armour. It features a helm with a stylised visor that looks like a mask of a cruel and maleficant face, and a pair of slender horns. Magically inclined characters sense that the entire suit of armour is enchanted with dark spells of protection.
Swords of Bone and Steel
This long and slender blade appears to be formed from bone, its handle being formed from vertebrae. It has a long curved edge. When used in combat, it appears to sap the energy and life out of its victims to empower the wielder. The other blade is an ornate and slender longsword with no magical properties.

Book of Forbidden Lore
This ancient black tome, with no title or writing upon the cover, is filled with centuries of arcane knowledge, notes and incantations, written in multiple languages, ranging from ancient nekheran to the languages of the Druchii and even the skaven.

Familiar and or Mount:
Hellsteed
Sanai rides a winged nightmare, commonly called a Hellsteed. This ancient equine cadaver should have stopped moving long ago, when it died, but continues on in undeath. Tattered wings extend from its flanks. Clearly this steed was once a pegasus, but not living pegasus has hooves that smolder and burn the grass beneath them, or eerie lights eminating from empty eye sockets.
Undead Minions
As a vampire, and one fully aware and learned in his necromatic powers, Sanai can animate any corpses or skeletal remains he comes across. He is also able to summon ghosts, wraiths and banshees to do his will. Also, as a vampire, cannibalistic ghouls, degenerate varghulfs, bats, dire wolves and various other fell monsters are attracted to him and can be bent to his will. His dark power is most evident in appropiate places such as battlefields, barrows, graveyards, etc.
Background: Lord Sanai Callistarius is an ancient vampire, claiming to be an exiled prince from some forgotten kingdom. He appears to come from the Carstein Bloodline, having the noble bearing and lordly appearance of one of the Carsteins, and makes no attempt to dispell that notion. Being a vampire, he has superhuman speed and strength, an innate talent for necromancy and an unending thirst for blood. Details on his past are not easy to get, for despite his eloquent speech and charming demeanour, he somehow reveals little information in exchange for probing deep into the affairs of those he speaks with. He appears to be very well travelled, with oddities about his person ranging from several skaven warp tokens and a druchii blade on his belt to a small handheld spyglass from Nuln.

A note about vampires in the warhammer setting/roleplays
Being a full-fledged vampire lord does make this character fairly powerful, generally a match for a chaos warlord in combat, and an archmage in terms of magic. He could potentially call up an entire army if given access to graveyards if he chooses to. On the other hand, this character has the classical weaknesses of a vampire. A vampire of this age can withstand the sun, but it will burn him relentlessly and be pretty painful for him, even if he is fully clothed/armoured. Holy objects/weapons/places can cause significant difficulties for a vampire, and light magic will cause increased amounts of harm to any undead. Fire is also dangerous to a vampire. Also, the living have a certain level of vigour and innovation and creativity vampires often lack. This has several disadvantages/advantages in a roleplay. The advantages are thus: 1# We have a heavyweight who can go toe to toe with enemies that would be a huge difficulty for normal characters, enabling the rest of the characters room to think in such encounters. 2# We have someone who could potentially be a useful enemy to the other characters, giving them a nice big challenge/adversary to pit themselves against.  Disadvantages: Such a powerful character will have to be carefully and subtly applied.

If the host of the roleplay decides, id be happy to drop my beloved vampire character (this guy actually leads my own collection of warhammer undead) for an empire knight, but I do think the vampire character could be a pretty interesting addition (and even a great plot device) if played right.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

DKDBSD

Very nice, now we just need to equal the balance of male and female characters.

sinoraa

DKDBSD

DKDBSD

We've started do you guy's want more in the first post or something?

Urbanzorro

Apologies, my internet connection wasn't working for the past several days. I was pretty much stuck working with my phone for my only internet access. But I've got it working now so I'll most likely post asap. 
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.