News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 2 (With spoilers!)

Started by Avi, January 15, 2010, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

I reloaded my Save Game to try and get Jack Loyal. It appears that if Jack is Loyal then Australian chick loses her loyalty status. So I said 'f-that' and went back to my original save game and completed the Thane and Garrus quests at the same time.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Avi

Here in the U.S., a brand new Xbox 360 game costs close to 60 U.S. dollars.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

I used a converter, and the AUS dollar is worth only a little less than the US dollar. New or popular games are usually 45-55 bucks used at Gamestop, but other games fall rapidly, and in the case of Mass Effect has been available for much cheaper for a few years now, so it's not actually a surprise to me that you found it for that much. >.> It's been on Steam for 5-15 bucks for quite a while now...

Aragem

If you side with someone, the other person will be pissed, but if you have enough renegade or paragon points, you can make up with them later.

Inkidu

Quote from: Aragem on February 03, 2010, 11:21:15 AM
If you side with someone, the other person will be pissed, but if you have enough renegade or paragon points, you can make up with them later.
Or you can just use the charm or intimidate options that appear at the initial argument, but that tends to take some focus on one or the other and conflicts with people like me who have Shep say whatever I need Shep to say. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

TheWriter

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2010, 10:12:36 AM
I used a converter, and the AUS dollar is worth only a little less than the US dollar. New or popular games are usually 45-55 bucks used at Gamestop, but other games fall rapidly, and in the case of Mass Effect has been available for much cheaper for a few years now, so it's not actually a surprise to me that you found it for that much. >.> It's been on Steam for 5-15 bucks for quite a while now...
You're right about the conversion rate, but video games still have a huge premium on them over here; they're luxury items in terms of GST, and the cost to ship games over here is high because we're out in the middle of nowhere.  And because it's only been in the last year or so our dollar's improved as much as to match America, prices for most things haven't had time to fall to match, and probably won't because people are greedy bastards.

New games can go as high as $120, year-old games are still around $80.  Steam ain't an option for me, either; new internet access is limited to say the least.

Man, fugg that. Piracy must be enormous there!

TheWriter

It's not as bad as all that, but it's pretty bad.  If I go to specialty stores like EB or GAME I'll get prices like that, but then there's broader ranged stores like JB Hifi, who can afford to mark down their software by jacking the price up on their flatscreens.  If I don't have to worry about missing out on DLC I'll just import for PS3 from America/Hong Kong, which I can do for around $50.

Aragem

Mass Effect 2 has certainly given me new subject matter for my story.

Mass Effect:  Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=59799.0

I just hope my story does justice to the game.

Xenophile

Speaking of crying...

The moment that always gets me is an Archive Log in the captured Quarian ship. Everyone in the ship is dead, and you find remnants of the logs to find clues of what caused the geth to re-animate and take control of the ship.

Then, I find a log. A Quarian woman shouts over the noise of geth weapons. "You have to be strong for Daddy! I love you very, very much!" Then, she's shot repeatedly.

Goddamn, the first time I saw that, I cried. I fucking bawled my eyes out
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Aragem

Yeah, that scene was harsh.  It made me almost cry too.

thebobmaster

Quote from: Xenophile on February 04, 2010, 04:54:39 PM
Speaking of crying...

The moment that always gets me is an Archive Log in the captured Quarian ship. Everyone in the ship is dead, and you find remnants of the logs to find clues of what caused the geth to re-animate and take control of the ship.

Then, I find a log. A Quarian woman shouts over the noise of geth weapons. "You have to be strong for Daddy! I love you very, very much!" Then, she's shot repeatedly.

Goddamn, the first time I saw that, I cried. I fucking bawled my eyes out

No kidding. That one was really bad. To me, though, being that I've held strong feelings for Tali throughout both games, hearing her cry was even worse.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Aragem

I don't care if I'm playing for renegade.  I will still give her that hug and I cannot be mean to Tali.

thebobmaster

Quote from: Aragem on February 04, 2010, 05:34:01 PM
I don't care if I'm playing for renegade.  I will still give her that hug and I cannot be mean to Tali.

No human can.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Aragem

I like Mordin's advice on sex to Shepard if he/she is pursuing sex with an alien.  Do not ingest Turian cum, becareful kissing Drells, and having sex with Quarians can kill them.

Avi

And with Miranda, he talks about mass effect fields, biotics, and lots of lube. :P
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Aragem

Whoa!?  He even gives advice on sex between humans!? 

What did he have to say about Jacob and Subject 0!?

DrakeCaven

Oh lawrdy I need to get this game so badly.I hope engineers less then they used to? 'Cause that would be wonderful, they where awful last time. And Tali is appearently getting alot of love, which I find kinda odd. I always thought she was one of the more bland characters from Mass Effect, an' when you add the general useless of engineers in general I didn't find alot use with 'er. I guess they expanded on her a bit this time 'round?

Aragem

MagicalPen

Just beat the game. Thane and Jack died (Jack because of her loyalty, I think...i guess I could reload and talk her loyalty up first, and maybe use a different option instead of Thane taking one to the head). Grunt and the Chick were my main battle party for the final battle, and I blew the station (fuck Cerbeus) hehehe.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Aragem

See Liara being somewhat evil makes me sad.

I believe in Mass Effect 3, she'll have a big impact on the game.

I'm intrigued... you keep a picture of your lover on the table, and it gets turned down if you take a new lover in 2. So... I wonder if romancing Liara and NOT taking a new lover could have a serious impact. Or the other two, for that matter... it sure seemed like those relationships weren't wrapped up, either.

Slywyn

I think it's not so much she's evil as she's getting revenge. She's become ruthless. Not necessarily the same thing as evil.

Karma: I don't think romancing Liara is possible. Neither is Ashley/Alenko, as they both walk. No matter what your relationship was with them in the first game.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

You're missing it, Spect. I'm talking about how the relationships in 1 could/will come back to affect 3's plot. For example, romancing Liara in 1 and having more sway with her in 3... unless you sleep with Tali/Garrus.

Aragem

Bioware says that being unfaithful can have consequences in Mass Effect 3.  If you choose to stay loyal to your first love from ME1, then in the "sex scene" you instead get a scene of your Shepard looking lovingly at the photo on the desk.

But I like how Bioware makes it easy and more compelling to cheat on your ME1 love.  Kaiden and Ashley pretty much turn their backs on you at Horizon and Liara is no longer as sweet and innocent as you remember.

You can either continue to believe in them or find comfort with someone else.