True Blood (Interest Check)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, February 03, 2018, 03:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

For over 200 years, since Massachusetts was inducted into statehood it has been ruled by King Louis Van Trammel and his wife Charlotte Marie. The two British natives sided with the American’s in the Revolutionary War. They played an integral part of providing the Americans with ‘man power’ as well as with supplies. They slipped drops of vampire blood into different parts of their food in order to help them heal faster and be stronger fighters. Though the humans, as well as the elder Vampires never came to realize this.

When the Authority was making headway into ‘mainstreaming’ and Russell Edgington when on a slaughter taking out most of the members the King and Queen of Massachusetts stayed largely out of the picture. Instead they focused on maintaining their good image and the image of their Sheriff’s.

Massachusetts is divided into five areas. Each of these ‘areas’ have a vampire Sheriff. Vampire Sheriff is a position of considerable power and responsibility within the vampire hierarchy. Vampire sheriffs govern large territories called "areas", and all vampires within a given area must obey their sheriff, and report to him or her when a crime occurs. The Queen and King reside in Area 2 in their estate outside Lexington. The city of Boston is also within Area 2. In Boston much like the club in Shreveport there is a vampire club called ‘Red’.

Club Red isn’t just a nightclub. It’s also a luxury hotel and spa specifically for vampires and those who belong to vampires. The Club and Hotel is run by the Sheriff of Area 2. Many vampires from different areas come to visit Red as its one of the few vampire friendly places spread throughout New England. Rich, poor, beautiful, or not all are welcome at club Red if you know who to talk to.

Club Red

Club Red and the hotel connected to it, is a vampire run club. The Sheriff of area 2 runs it. Club Red is for vampires, ‘fangbangers’, and select individuals who like the company among the rich and powerful. Club Red isn’t your run of the mill nightclub. Everyone must be twenty-one or older to get inside and must have a membership card. The rules of Red are simple. Don’t start shit and there won’t be shit. Feeding on humans is strictly forbidden inside the nightclub. Though certain things may go over looked depending on who, and where, they are. The VIP areas have been known to get a little wilder than the club floor.

Hotel Red

The Hotel and spa connected to to Club Red is a five star quality hotel. Staying in one of the elegant rooms will cost you a pretty penny, unless you work there. The Hotel employees a multitude of humans, of all different blood types, sizes, sexes, anything you could imagine. These humans are there to be used at the behest of vampires, typically for blood though that isn’t something the hotel advertises. The hotel offers quite a few amenities including light tight rooms so vampires may sleep in peace without worry. While the Hotel does have an official manager it is still under the management of the Sheriff of Area 2. While the hotel offer humans for feeding that is for behind closed doors only. Open feeding within the hotel is forbidden.

Vampires are not the only beings in the supernatural world though, they are simply the only supernatural beings that humanity knows about. In Massachusetts specifically there are also a few packs of werewolves and a very reclusive pack of werepanthers.

About the Vampires

Vampires are a supernatural species of sentient reanimated corpses that drink blood to survive and maintain their powers. They were originally humans or other living beings converted into a vampire by a "maker." Being technically deceased, their primary characteristics include a lack of a heartbeat, body heat, brainwaves, electrical impulses, need to breathe, and other bodily functions. They are often referred to as "immortal," but it is frequently pointed out that all vampires meet the true death eventually, through one means or another.

Vampire blood is highly addictive to other beings. It has a drug inducing factor to it when ingested orally. Vampire blood also has healing abilities that if pressed into sounds or drank.

Superhuman Physical Abilities
Accelerated Healing Factor
Superhuman Senses
Glamouring
Eidetic Memory
Flight (This is only some vampires)
Voice Mimicking

About the Weres

Weres are a supernatural species that endows individuals with the ability to physically assume two different forms; one human one animal. There is a genus of were variety including wolves, tigers, panthers, and shapeshifters. Unlike vampires the existence of weres is not public knowledge. It is unknown when Weres first evolved. They have been around for a millennia though, as long as any vampire alive can remember they have existed.

Weres and Shapeshifters are moon bound. They have the ability to transform into an animal at will but during the full moon they are called by the moon and compelled to transform into their animal forms. Even though shapeshifters can transform into different animals they are still moon bound and will feel compelled to transform as well.

Enhanced Senses
Enhanced Strength
Ability to transform into a specific animal
Shapeshifters can transform into any animals they’ve physically observed
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Wicked Emi

I love the series. This will depend on what you have an idea of to really spark but I am interested

Caradoc

Potentially interested in risking my curse with groups to look into this one.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

InoshimaLance

Care to explain the subject a little bit more in depth? So far I only know is vampires, which I am interested in.

RubySlippers

Well they invented true Blood a blood substitute for vamps and then they came out of the coffin to the world for the most part, some opted out I suspect until mortals can be trusted. And it was based around one town and a bar which sold True Blood. It also had other supernatural beings of course like witches.

Elf

Oh, I'd be interested.

Yes, it had other things like witches, but also werewolves and shifters, the books had a weretiger too. We certainly can't forget the faeries though.

I would love to revive my faery character from years ago when somebody tried this.

InoshimaLance

Interested too then. If you don't mind guiding me up.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Primarch

AmbrosiaPudding

I'm glad to see all this interest.

I have had the flu since Monday so bare with me. When I get better I'll definitely look into making something better and more detailed.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Wolfling72

Depending upon the premise, I am pretty sure I would be interested...

fell better soon...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Amarlo

Also depending on the premise, I'd be interested. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Amaris

AmbrosiaPudding

Alright so I've been feeling a little bit better. I'll begin working on a more in depth game.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

So I've updated with information on the potential game I'm propositioning.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Kokaine

Im still in with a vamp character. Female and old enough to know better xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Kokaine on February 23, 2018, 09:06:03 AM
Im still in with a vamp character. Female and old enough to know better xD

Awesome I'm always down for Koko in a game.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Wicked Emi

I'm in, just don't know with what yet.

Elf

There's no mention of the Faeries. Are you not going to be dealing with that aspect of the story? I would still like to play one.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Elf on February 23, 2018, 04:25:36 PM
There's no mention of the Faeries. Are you not going to be dealing with that aspect of the story? I would still like to play one.
[/quote

There is no mention of them because they are rare and I'm on the fence about letting people play them.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Elf

Anouk Daae

I'm tentatively interested in a universe like True Blood, with vampires, werewolves, shifters, and witches.
But, admittedly, I think having too many options for character types can spread games too thin and make it hard to drive plots.

So if it's vampires and werekin, then I'm interested. If faeries are included, then I'd say it's not for me.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Anouk Daae on February 25, 2018, 03:24:28 PM
I'm tentatively interested in a universe like True Blood, with vampires, werewolves, shifters, and witches.
But, admittedly, I think having too many options for character types can spread games too thin and make it hard to drive plots.

So if it's vampires and werekin, then I'm interested. If faeries are included, then I'd say it's not for me.

Well as of right now I don't even have stuff written up for the far because I don't know if I want to include them, like I previously said. If I felt they were pertinent to the plot  at some point I'd consider them.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Wicked Emi

I'm in. If you have ever watched lost girl, I'm going to attempt to make a version of Kenzi. I think she would be very interesting in this and she will be working for the club or hotel as a human.

Caela

Definitely interested.

Quote from: Wicked Emi on February 25, 2018, 04:50:19 PM
I'm in. If you have ever watched lost girl, I'm going to attempt to make a version of Kenzi. I think she would be very interesting in this and she will be working for the club or hotel as a human.

I miss that show! Kenzi was great!!!