spellchecker

Started by Taymynx, January 27, 2012, 01:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taymynx

So, how come I run the spellchecker, fix the words I have messed up, come back later and scan the posts only to find the typos there that I had told spellchecker to change?   What am I doing wrong here?
I hate leaving typos to drive the people reading nuts.
:-[
Like the saying goes, that which doesn't kill me has made a serious tactical misjudgement.
Taymynx 's Storyboard Ons and Offs, The Happy Wife Storytelling , intro

Beguile's Mistress

Are you making sure to save/post after spell checking?

JackWhite

Have you ended the spellcheck of your post or just exited halfway through? If you quit early it doesn't change mistakes.

Taymynx

Ok, after I finish writing I run spellchecker before I post, let it run to the end, then view the post, and the post the post
Now I am using the spellchecker to find the word in question and then clicking onto my post area and manually correcting it. Seems like it would be easier to just proof, but proofing yourself has always overlooked some typos for me.
Sooooo....
Like the saying goes, that which doesn't kill me has made a serious tactical misjudgement.

Beguile's Mistress

The next time this happens after you've run the spell check and it tells you it hasn't found any errors or has fixed all the errors and click Okay leave the errors and send a PM to Veks with the link to the post.  DO NOT MANUALLY CORRECT THE ERRORS.  LEAVE THEM THERE FOR VEKS TO SEE.

Taymynx

Thanks all,...and I will then Beguile's  :P