Modern day LOTR, the Fellowship of the Roommates

Started by AithinTheElf, December 18, 2011, 08:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AithinTheElf

Prepare for an “interesting” idea...

It is the year 2005 (or at least sometime recent).  The “Fellowship of the Roommates” includes many characters such as Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli ect, all living together in a shared condominium.  All original character traits apply, except for the fact that they are all 21st century humans.  Legolas is a delicate, long haired vegetarian, Aragorn a quiet, slightly shaggy looking nature lover, Gimli a short, bushy haired Scotsman with a passion for meat and ale, Gandalf the wise old landlord...ect.  These are all just examples.

~Characters available

Legolas (played by me)

I would like it if Legolas could be in a relationship with Aragorn to add humor and something interesting to the story, but that's just a suggestion.

Aragorn

Gimli

Gandalf

Boromir

Frodo

Sam

Merry

Pippin

Arwen

Eowyn

Faramir

Haldir

Elrond

ect...

rachelongaku

*jumping in there quick*
I'd love to play Eowyn! I can get a photo. Just gimme a sec. ^-^

Photo:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Haven't been here in years but I'm in need of a good distraction!

Haibane

Curious... but fun. Where would the story go, would there be any form of plot or is it all character driven?

AithinTheElf

@rachelongaku: I'm glad you're interested!  If I weren't gay I would be totally in love with her, hehe. XD. It's too bad no one else has replied yet, I'm trying to get more people.

@Haibane:  It's character driven and mildly plot driven from an alternate universe standpoint.  You'd have to be fairly comfortable with the whole LOTR world/general storyline to come up with the humor, like making the battle at the Bridge of Khazadum into something funny and everyday-ish.  (Ect, they all go on a long hike and anger some peaceful meditating wiccans, have to cross a long log over a stream, Gandalf does not fall to his death, but to a twisted ankle.)

lore

I'd love to play sweet and petite lady-baker Rosie, who inevitably ends up doing more then her fair share of cleaning around the house.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Maybe there could be an overarching plot as well? With the group coming across something dark, corrupting, and powerful - like a dufflebag full of drug money.

Seventh

If you'll have me, I'd love playing Boromir! It's an interesting idea and sounds like it could be a lot of fun~

AithinTheElf

Yay, more people! (: Still need more main characters like Aragorn/Gimli ect, but we're getting there.

Ahh yes that dufflebag idea is a good one indeed, didn't think of that.