Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Temptress

Hannah jumps at their growling and she stands close to Jake, but then she starts to walk a bit farther ahead to try and catch a glimpse of whats beyond them. She rushes back quickly to Jake and the others, as she pants heavilly, catching her breath. " It's an army alright. What do we do now?" She asks cautiously, curiously and with a bit of right in her voice.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Wait," one of the hooded creatures said, putting a hand out to stop Jake as he moved towards the army. "They are not hostile."

As the army came close it was revealed as an army of elves, a tall, slim man riding a beautiful white horse at its head. They stopped a short distance from them, the man jumping off the horse and bowing to the ogre.

"Great heavens I never thought I'd see this," the ogre said, a note of wonder in it's voice. "This is the court of the Aos Sí. You would know them as fairies...or elves...or something similar. They have not left their homes in centuries."

Lady Temptress

Hannah ceases the hault in her steps and she smirks some. " Indeed. It seems they wish to assist us. So cute they are but very brave."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Underestimate the Sidh at your own peril," the hooded creature said. "Their apparent fragility has been the downfall of many great armies in the past. My kind are ancient enough to have fought by their side in ages past."

"My name is Prince Narsela," the man said. "I bring tidings from the queen of the forests, if you seek to defeat this enemy you will need our aid."

"We have dragons at our backs though," Jake said before stopping when he saw the look the ogre gave him.

"If that rift is not closed then all our realms are in danger," the prince said. "Besides, I know where to find the source of the rift, it would take you days to find it otherwise."

Lady Temptress

Hannah curtsies to the Prince and she blushes while he explains things to them. " Pleasure to meet you, Prince and I understand." She says smiling.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't understand," Jake said.

"The Sidh use the same ancient form of magic dragons employ," the ogre replied. "If the Sidh cannot use their magic to find it then you won't be able to. They do however have hundreds of spies within the wilds, all it would take is one of them seeing it and they could find it without using any magic."

Lady Temptress

Hannah stands calmly and she listens to the orge explain things.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You don't have to accept our offer," the prince said, a smile crossing his lips. "But I'm sure your ogre friend knows no-one enters the forest without our permission and going around the forest would take you weeks, by which time it'll be too late."

"Y'know," Jake said, letting out an embarrassed laugh, "I think we'll take the offer of help."

Lady Temptress

Hannah smiles softly at The Prince. " Thank you, we accept your assistance. Oh my, the baby just kicked me. We best get going. " She looks at Jake when she said that remark.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Maren," the prince said, turning to a tall elf to one side of him, "take half our men back to the palace, the rest will come with me." The elf nodded and disappeared into the treeline. "Now, there is only one rule you need to follow in the forest: follow us at all times, there are things other than elves within its bounds and I guarantee not all are friendly."

Lady Temptress

She nods her head and Hannah follows quietly since they obviously hadn't bothered to care that she might be in labor.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Are you okay?" Jake asked as the ogre and the prince had a conversation away from them, evidently unwilling to allow them to listen in.

Lady Temptress

" I don't know, but we best hurry to where we are going, because I'm having labor pains." Hannah says wincing and walking slowly with the group.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

The ogre came over to them again. "Neither of you are skilled enough with your magic to let us risk you, you will travel in the middle of the group, we and the elves will surround you, in case we meet any unexpected problems in the forest."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods with a smile at the Prince and a sigh of relief washes over her. " That sounds like a good plan, to me. Thank you." She walks side beside of Jake and keeps alert.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

One of the hooded creatures stayed next to them as they walked through the forest. As they walked strange shapes could be seen flitting through the trees, which Jake was amazed to see barely merited a reaction from the elves. "How are they so calm?" Jake asked the creature.

"That is why the Sidh are so dangerous," the creature replied. "They can seem calm and docile but their reflexes and reactions are far beyond even the most athletic human. They are born with innate magical abilities, they just need to be taught how to use them."

Lady Temptress

Hannah just remains silent and she walks beside Jake as they are being guided cautiously.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

The army suddenly stopped, the ogre motioning them to come to the head of the column where he and the prince were and putting a finger to his lips to indicate they should be quiet.

"This may be the only time you get to see this so I thought you should see it before we move on," it said, pointing to a clearing off to one side of them. There was an adult unicorn and a very small baby who could only been a matter of days old. "This forest is the only place they can be found anymore, but that makes the mothers still more protective of their young so I don't advise attempting to get close to them."

Lady Temptress

( I'm going to be offline til aroound this Friday because I'm having surgery tomorrow. Nothing major. But I'll have a few days down time. see ya this weekend. )     Hannah nods her head a few times and she listens very curiously.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

The unicorn barely seemed aware of their prescence, which confused Jake until the prince pointed to a nearby branch. On it was sat an immense bird of prey, unlike anything they would've seen before. "If you took a step towards the unicorn and it felt threatened the hawk there would kill you before you even realised it had left the branch. Don't worry, as long as you're with us the creatures of the forest won't feel threatened."

Lady Temptress

( Sorry for the wait. I had surgery yesterday. All went well.)   Hannah just nods er head and she simply walks along side of Jake while she cautiously keeps alert , not wanting to alarm the creatures.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We'd better move on," the prince said calmly. "I can't guarantee the hawk will continue to ignore us if we remain here any longer, plus we must continue our task." They moved off again, the small clearing vanishing again amidst the trees of the seemingly endless forest.

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she holds onto Jake's hand as they continue the journey ahead.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

There was a strange rumbling noise somewhere ahead of them, causing the column to stop. A few moments later the ogre and the prince were stood next to them again. "We think we've found it but I've sent scouts ahead to see what they can find," the prince said to them.

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head to the Prince and she looks around with curious eyes. " So, wha do we do while we wait?"
Lady Dreamer