Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Secretwriter

I just declined a witch story line... super natural creatures aren't really what we're looking for.  If he wants to be someone who is a mutant and not a werewolf, even if his mutation is to turn into a specific animal, that's fine.   If you can show me where werewolves are canon to X-men... I'll consider it.

To get me to approve this bio, he has to be a human/inhuman[canon] or the like who has a mutation.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Pockets

Not being a GM I can't really say much of anything pertaining to your bio, but I might suggest looking into the Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair), Feral (Maria Callasantos) and Thornn (Lucia Callasantos). Those are three of the predominant human/animal ferals in Marvel Comics.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Secretwriter

Quote from: Adonis on December 17, 2010, 03:46:23 AM
Hey Lady Dischord :)

There are a few problems of note with the sheet that I can see at first glance, but should be easily workable into something acceptable (I think)

First thing is the second mutation. As everyone here has only a single mutation at this point, it would be unfair to allow a secondary to Monette (whether it's unlisted or not). So for now, I'll have to ask you to remove it, but hold onto it if we get to the point where everyone evolves the the point of a second major mutation.

The secondary problem that I have with it is that the first major mutation is much, muuuch to powerful for the levels at which we will be operating the game at this point in time, and she has far too much of it under control for it to be realistic for the students. While Photokineticism is something that I've yet to see, it's a category of powers, rather than a specific one; much like a 5 year old claiming he can do math, and knowing everything from simple addition to quantum physics, when in reality, he can barely count his toes.

The other main issue that I've got with her major mutation is the danger it would pose to other students. We've had a few people wanting to use radiation (in suits, out of contamination suits), etc, but the reasons are still the same. She loses control of her mood, in the dining hall for example, and suddenly the entire student body, and most of the staff is dropped with radiation poisoning, or given cancer, or some other item that results in exposure to radiation. Xavior wouldn't allow the student to attend based purely on the danger she would pose to the general school population.

Aside from the fixable problems with her mutations/powers, I love the character concept.

**Edit**

Feel free to add me to IM to discuss further if need be.

Personally, her powers seem to be very close to Ichiago's. 

QuoteMinor: Self-Substantiation
-   Able to go a maximum of two weeks without food, water or air and not have any damaging physical effect from lack of malnutrition

I will not approve this power as is.  I will not approve it if there is no weakness to it.  No malnutrition?  Please rework this one as well.  All powers have to have downfalls. 

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Shadowsteel

Well, Secret, I was intending that it be the mutation, not supernatural. The way i imagined it working was a few fold. One, he was hanging with wolves, partial transformation power, inherited/strengthened from his father (not that he knows that) but the mechanics I implied are mostly along the lines of thats how he thinks it should work. Most of the powers are at least to a level of how you think they should work. Xavier uses telepathy, so does Jean Gray, both of them think what happens should work. How each of their powers works is all how they think it should work. I probably did phrase a few things badly, but it was an easy way to refer to him as a werewolf. The aspects of moon transformation are how he thinks it should work, all subconscious, and we have light and darkness users in the roster already. I thought that could provide some amusing chaos.
Sworn to the Oath of Drake

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

OOC's Beware! Because really, when is it not
an acceptable time for handcuffs?

Secretwriter

If it's just simply that, then it's fine. Your bio read as if he were a werewolf, and personally I'm not the only one who thought so. :-/   

But if he's a mutant, that's fine, whether he realizes how it works or not.

Shadowsteel

Apologies, Milady. Just the most fun possible way to phrase it

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

Secretwriter

It's also been suggested that the thing with silver might just be an actual allergy.

Shadowsteel

I said that, I think.

"Allergic to silver: In human form it irritates his skin badly, and if ingested could make him pretty sick. Transformed the touch of it will actually burn him, and weapons made with it, ingestion, or inhalation can hurt him badly. Might or might not kill him, thus far untested."

Secretwriter

Okay, someone apparently misread it as not having a biological reason.  Sorry man.

Shadowsteel

no worries. I think that I have some rewriting to do anyway, mostly on backstory, maybe phrasing of some things

Ace86

Character:

Code-Name: Zerox
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: collage Sophomore

Appearance:

Hair: Light brown, slightly spiky
Eyes: Hazelnut
Skin: Fair
Weight: 190 lbs
Height: 6'1"
Other:

Date Of Birth: 21/10/1991
Place Of Birth: Jersey City, New Jersey
Citizenship: American

Information:

Personality: With a flirtatious nature and a witty tounge, David is a ladies man through and through. His huge amount of self confidence, along with his signature smirk, make him a crowd favorite almost anywhere he goes. As far as social skills go, David has always got something to say and it would usually be what some people would call a "smartass" comment. A true care free kind of guy with a "what'll be 'ell be"attitude.

Though it doesn't look like it, David has his serious side. When the time comes to stop playing around he will put away his cheap jokes and flirty word play and do what he must.the best way he can.

Background:
David is the youngest of three brothers, being younger then the first child by more the 14 years, and the son of a flight attendant and a local doctor. David never knew his father as the man died when he was a small infant of no more then 3 months, leaving David's mother to take care of three childran on her own. Being a flight attandent meant that Sera (David's mother) had to be away from home for big periods of time frequently. Though her job payed her considerably well, feeding three kids was explansive so she couldn't afford a full time caretaker. Though she hated doing it, yet know she had no choice, she left the two young kids in the care of their older brother, who was only 15 at the time. And so it happened that for the better part of him growing up it was only him and his brothers. And even though it was his mother that taught him most of the basic stuff, it was his brothers that made him what he grow up to be.   

The first years where hard on the family. Not only did the two brothers had to deal with the loss of a father and a distant mother, but they suddenly had a baby that they had to take care off. The feeling of loss and the heavy prassure of taking care of an infant has made the eldest son angry and bitter toward his mother, causing a lot of fighting between the two. There would always be peace at the house hold when Sera was gone, the older brother teaching his younger brothers, helping them with their school work or anything else they needed help with. It was only when Sera came home that the yelling and fighting would start. The constant fighting has almost broken up the family, throwing everyone into a non ending loop of fear and anger. that lasted for eight years, until the eldest left the house to go learn at a university, forcing Sera to quit her job so that she could take care of her son. Sera found another job that gave her enough time to take care of her two youngest kids, but the damage with the eldest was too big and David ended up barely seeing his older brother for the next couple of years.

It was at the age of 14 that David first used his ability. He was playing on his playstation when his mother came in to bring him some food. He heard her come in and was about to yell at her to knock on the door before entering, a ritual they did everytime his mother came in the room, when she cried out suddenly and fainted. David rushed to his mother's side and held up her head, yelling for name for hope she would respond. Seeing that there was no response, the boy ran down to the kitchen quickly, got a glass of water and sped back to his room. The moment he rounded the corridor and got to the door of his room he saw himself holding his mother in his arms. The glass he had in his hands slipped from his grip and fell to the floor.David stood at the doorway in total shock, not knowing what to do or what was happening. Then, no more then 10 seconds after david saw him, it disappeared.

It took his mother and him some time to really understand what happened, and an even longer time for them to accept it. A few weeks after the incident, Sera told her son that his father had a friend who knew about people with abilities and adviced him to go see if he can help him. That was when David first met Arthur Jackwell, a mutant that was a good friend of his father. Jackwell told David that his father was also a mutant that had the ability to heal others and that he used that abilty to save people, the true reason why he became a doctor. For the next 4 years, Jackwell taught David how to control his power and how to make it grow, training him and teaching him everything he knew about abilities and other mutants as well. When David finished high school, Jackwell told him about the Xavier institute and adviced him to go. Wanting to see people of his age that were like him, David agreed.   

Mother:

Name: Sera Matthews
Race: Human

Father:

Name: Dr. jonathan Matthews (Deceased)
Race: Mutant

Other Relatives: Arthur Jackwell ~ Mentor

Powers:
Major - David has the ability to duplicate himself, creating exect copies of himself which he controls. David does not "split" into two (or three or four...) but works more like a copy machine, No matter how many copies there are there can be only one original. David can dismiss them at anytime he wants.

Minor - External Creation - David's clones do not seem as though they where extracted from him (which would make it look like he split himself) but rather they materialize. David can make a clone materialize up to 10 feet away from him in any direction (including up). 

Minor - David can see, hear, smell, taste and feel everything his clones see, hear, smell, taste and feel.

Power Limitations:
Major - David Can only make up to 5 clones at this stage and the more clones he creates the weaker they become. David can make 1 perfect clones that can do anything he can. If he makes between 2 to 4 his clones will be ethereal, unable to touch or hold anything yet will still be able to talk and will still look life like. Making 5 clones will have them ethereal like if he had 2 to 4 but they will not be able to talk.

Minor  - There is a maximum distance that the clones can travel away from him other wise they disappear. As he become more and more powerfull the distance grows.

Hobbies and Interests:
Partying
Drinking (when adults don't watch)
Hitting on women
And reading

Motto:"Please, Ladies, don't fight. there's plenty of me to go around"

OOC Ons and Offs: I like to get creative, don't like doing the same thing all the time. Im like mostly everything exept the majors (Scat, pedo, bloody violence, ripping of limbs and ect'). My turn ons are loud moaner and girls that like it rough 

Secretwriter

*chuckles at the ability and eyes Adonis* Well, we can cross that guy off the Anarchy X hidden pages on the Wiki. :3 

We had a guy planned with the same ability there, one that we were saving up for attacks that wasn't publicized. 

Adonis has pointed something out to me and he'll list what the issue is when he posts.  <3  I'm in agreement with him.

Adonis

After talking about this one a bit, I'm thinking that at the moment, it's a great goal to have in mind for this character, but at the current point in his studies/training, being able to function as a fully independent 4 person persona with complete control, is a bit much. In order to keep it realistic, and to give him room to develop, I'm going to ask that you tone down his mutations for me. (I.e., He can create 1 perfect, completely controllable clone of himself, 2-4 are ethereal, and 5 being a max at this point. Anything more right now at current power levels would be overkill for a student of his age compared to the others.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Seraph

Jensen!!!!! *squeals in girlish delight* I want I want I want!

Just tone down the powers, say yes, and get that sexy sexy man in the game!  >:)

Ace86

Now how can i say no to such a lovely lady like you Seraph.
Ok, you got it, i changed it to your recommendation Adonis. Seems like a good place to start.   

Adonis

Much appreciated, and it now has my approval. Add that to Secret, and you just need the elusive Kendra's.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Kendra

Well her most ellusiveness  ::) is here and she highly approves - not simply on the grounds that you've used Jensen Ackles by the way ;)

Of course by the time I got to read it all necessary changes were made.
Go on and move your bio over HERE Ace

Shadow when you've edited yours in relation to the changes specified by Secret, I'll give it a good read through then ;)

Seraph

*cries* Adonis pointed out that if the clones come within a certain distance of the main, then they go poof. So much for my Jensen Ackles Harem fantasy.

Secretwriter

You'll just have to deal with that, Seraph.  It doesn't kill the fantasy, just the likelihood of it happening in this game.

P.S. It doesn't matter how sexy or not sexy someone is, it doesn't affect their ability to get in the game.

Seraph

Aw I know, I know. *snuggles Secret* He was just being mean to me and picking apart my fantasy. Darn him :P

Ace86

Quote from: Seraph on December 18, 2010, 06:28:16 PM
*cries* Adonis pointed out that if the clones come within a certain distance of the main, then they go poof. So much for my Jensen Ackles Harem fantasy.

I think there was a misunderstanding..mostly my fault. I didn't mean that there is a certain distance that the clones had to stay from the main but quite the opposite, that there is a maximum distance the clones can travel away from the main.. The point of the limitation is so David will not have the ability of having his clones do anything he wants and just stay home and watch TV, but he would have to go with them. I'll change the phrasing.

Thats what happens when you make a post at 6 in the morning after coming home from a party :) 

LadyDiscord

Quote from: Secretwriter on December 17, 2010, 07:56:26 PM
Personally, her powers seem to be very close to Ichiago's. 

I will not approve this power as is.  I will not approve it if there is no weakness to it.  No malnutrition?  Please rework this one as well.  All powers have to have downfalls.

Could her minor be that her power would work for only a limited amount of time?

And I'll need to come up with something for her major power then. I just don't know what yet. I'd be open to any suggestions.
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Secretwriter

Quote from: Ace86 on December 18, 2010, 11:37:37 PM
I think there was a misunderstanding..mostly my fault. I didn't mean that there is a certain distance that the clones had to stay from the main but quite the opposite, that there is a maximum distance the clones can travel away from the main.. The point of the limitation is so David will not have the ability of having his clones do anything he wants and just stay home and watch TV, but he would have to go with them. I'll change the phrasing.

Thats what happens when you make a post at 6 in the morning after coming home from a party :) 

Dammit. My sadistic streak was guffawing over Seraph and Lady Kitsune pouting b/c of their love for Jensen Ackles.  People really do ruin my fun. :P 

Quote from: LadyDiscord on December 19, 2010, 01:41:55 PM
Could her minor be that her power would work for only a limited amount of time?

And I'll need to come up with something for her major power then. I just don't know what yet. I'd be open to any suggestions.

Most people have a major and two minor powers, sometimes the abilities aren't all that impressive but can be very useful. 

I'll look over your sheet tonight after I get out of church. 

Pumpkin Seeds

:: wonders if it is too late to profess her love as well::

Seraph

*forms the Jensen Fanclub with Pumpkin and Kitsune* We need to get to work on cloning a harem of Jensens.