Nightwood Falls 3.0 (Horror, Monsters, Sandbox, Freeform, Everyone Friendly)

Started by Rel Mayer, September 05, 2016, 01:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Nightwood Falls
2016 version of Nightwood Falls (2014, 2015). Special thanks to everyone involved in the previous years!!
This is an interest check to see if anyone is interested this year

In the velvet darkness.
On the blackest night. Burning Bright...
There's a Guiding Star...
No matter what or who you are...

Current Setting: Nightwood University

The University on top of the hill overlooks Nightwood Falls. For years the University has been run privately by a select group of individuals who come from old money. These individuals often are very private and keep to themselves. Living on campus in a very rich and elaborate looking Victorian home near the grounds. The smartest individuals of Nightwood are encouraged to join Nightwood University if they're at the top of their class or if they're recruited from a neighboring town to join.

The University specializes in Science (of all kinds) and History. The goal is to learn from the past to create new beginnings for the future. There is no issue too small for the University to tackle and often they allow their students to do research that would normally be deemed inhumane. There are no limits for Science at Nightwood University. Nightwood University also specializes in sports with basketball, track and field, and football being their top contenders.

In charge is Dean Maven White. The woman is known for being timelessly beautiful and keeping the doings of the University very private to those who are not enrolled but this time, for the first time ever, they are opening their gates to the townsfolk of Nightwood Falls for a spectacular Science Fair! There will be events, warm cider, interesting science experiments and more! A sort of celebration to happen right before Halloween.

Everything was going fine on this day. People were cheering and even Dean Maven walked outside to socialize with people she had never seen before. Until Midnight struck. Suddenly the bright beaming lights went out and all of the people were stuck in darkness, besides the flashlights, glow sticks, and candles that were around. A few potato light bulbs even flickered to keep everyone from looking into the darkness.

When the lights finally turned on people were beginning to wish that they stayed off. Monsters were roaming through the halls of the University grounds. What made matters worse... even the town was infested by the same monsters! The howling of werewolves echoed through the town, the slick noises of blood sucked from the necks of innocent humans scared virgin eyes that had only been accustomed to small town life. And most of all... the entirety to Nightwood is quarantined. No one can leave.

Which is where our story begins! At midnight when the monsters are released. Some townsfolk will have seen everything, others may have seen nothing and are in for a rude awakening. Either way, there is something curiously suspicious about the University halls and people are just dying to find out what.

FAQ:

What is this?
-This is a remake of the group game that took place in 2014 and 2015. Since it's close to Halloween -- I like to indulge in a little bit of horror.
Gimmie a quick rundown of the setting:
-Starting on Halloween monsters come alive and run around causing terror in the city. The Knowing are individuals who bring Main Characters/Victims into the town in hopes of vacations, jobs, etc. to only discover that once the night hits on September 1st, Monsters come alive. This is kinda like if you mashed American Horror Story and every single monster idea ever. It's a blank canvas for monsters and individuals. One the first snowflake of Winter drops, the curse is lifted and everyone (if they survived) goes back to being normal.
What's the theme this year? - This year it will be a University. That's where I am planning on making most of the GM events happen, but I will also throw some stuff in the city if that's where your muse is. Really you can use the entire town, but I like to have a theme each year. 
What's this inspired by? - Inspired by Silent Hill, American Horror Story, Cabin in the Woods, Scream Queens, SO MANY HORROR MOVIES!
Can my Knowing character also be a monster? - Yep! As long as they can stay hidden to the normal townsfolk for the times of the year that no one is aware of what's going on in Nightwood.
Is it gonna be really scary?
-It'll be as scary as you want it to be! Sindra outlined horror ratings were players can state their comfort levels a few years ago.
How big is this going to be? - I'm not going to over recruit for this game, because I actually want to keep it pretty active with a small group of people. Depending on the needs of the group and interest will also depend the amount, but it won't be a super huge game.
Can I use the same monsters/characters from last years?
-I know I will be! Pretend as if the previous year never happened, or... you can pretend it did if you really like the way your character ended.
What's the difference between this one and the last one?
-This one is going to be more of a sandbox. More room for players to really do what they want to do in the horror land. Anyone can play monsters. Anyone can play victims. Anyone can play the knowing. It's really open to make whatever you want it to do.
I played the last few years. Is the story concept the same?
-Unfortunately no... I'm keeping the city, but I am assuming that the evil is basically alive for two months out of the year. September 1st starts the day that everything changes and the monsters are awakened. Most people who are in the town year to year will be Knowing. Main Characters/Victims will be people who are traveling through, just moved by or... basically it's an open book as long as they don't know how haunted the place is.
Is this seasonal?
-Yes! I'm going to only keep up with it until mid-November with GM events, but you're welcome to continue posting if you're really enjoying a story with peeps!
What importance do the dates have?
-The beginning week of September is basically chaos because everything is just starting again, and everything continues to get awesome until the last week ... which leads up to Halloween and until the players manage to discover the mystery and prevent the town from being consumed into the depths of hell. If you have any fun ideas to put in, let me know!
What is this 'Surprise GM Event' note on my character sheet mean?
-I understand that some people love building their own stories and not having surprise or scary events pop-up on them. Because of that, you can state that you would not like GM events to interfere with your characters, or you can state that you would like to only be part of BIG events and not surprise little 'boo' instances with monsters. On the opposite side, if you do decide to participate in surprise GM events -- you can be having a normal conversation and a monster may appear out of nowhere to stir things up. It's up to you!
Who's the GM?
-That would be me, Rel Mayer. I've previously had people help me, including, Gnothi, Sindra and Strangefatel, but I didn't want to ask anyone just yet. I'd like someone to help out, but it's not necessary. If you really feel likd you can add to the plate, please PM me and we can work something out.
I noticed there are areas of importance. What are these?
-There are themed areas that you can have interactions. Also, they can give you ideas for characters and monsters. For instance: You may be part of the university staff and work under the bidding of the GM character or you could be one of the monsters who haunts the rooms. You could be one of the witches who are attending the specialty private school in the schooling. You could be some of the crazy killers who live in the Asylum. It's endless, but it gives you a lot opportunity o make your nightmares come true!
Horror Ratings?
-This is just to make sure players are comfortable. Please respect them and read about the ruling on them.
Can I make whatever I want?
-YES! Please feel free to make a bunch of victims, knowing, monsters -- whatever! The only thing that I ask is that you do not exceed the character limit of four. I'm letting it be pretty high in this game, just because players can be monsters, victims, knowing, and main characters that can fight the horror!
Smut?
-Duh! But really, smut is always welcome, but there is also a fun storytelling aspect that can be applied to this game! I'd like to personally see both.

--Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Rules:

• This is a LGBTA friendly community - show respect
  • Keep Drama out of OOC!
  • Character limit is 4 maximum (exceptions will be made if you're making Victims that are going to be killed off quickly)
  • Must use headers in all posts
  • Must respect Content Warnings
  • Must specify Hard Offs on character sheets
  • Must respect Hard Offs of characters being played with
  • Art is accepted for monsters. Main Characters, Knowning and Victims have to be real life images
  • This game falls in the EXTREME category, but we don't expect everyone to have the interests. Please pay attention to Content Warnings
  • Elliquiy's Site Roleplaying and Storytelling Rules will be followed.
  • Main Character Death/Knowing MUST be approved by everyone involved in the scene.
  • Discussing potential scenes in OOC and PM is going to be crucial to make sure everyone gets the maximum enjoyment! I encourage it!

The Setting:

IC Game Time: Will start on October 31st, 2010 and will be open until November 11th, 2010.
GM Events: Will be posted in the thread with a warning on the header.

First off: You can play monsters, knowing, victims, and main characters! The maximum character count is 4, but I'll make an exception if you're just playing a bunch of victims to be killed. Hence why their character sheet is pretty short.

This is a fairly quiet town is inhabited by a cult called The Knowing - who brought back the dark spirits by summoning alive the Lake Monster. Every year monsters and horrifying people are allowed to roam free and gain their magic for two months. Beginning with September 1st once the night falls and until the morning sun on November 1st. During this time, witches get their powers back, monsters roam free, and everything terrifying exists again. The Knowing spends ten months out of the year either promoting tourism in Nightwood or getting new victims to stay in their town by opening new job requests. Sometimes they even capture people just for the occasion. 

There is a heavy fog that comes over the town every morning and sometimes in the evening, it makes it very hard to see and there can be a change of personality in some, as well as fear in weaker spirits. Some may even grow stronger when the mist comes. When the fog hits, Main Characters and Victims have limited sight and are more prone to be attacked by Monsters or The Knowing. While in the fog, Main Characters/Victims also will struggle to stay alive and figure out how to escape Nightwood Falls.

...But even if they make it to the outskirts of the town, there is no escaping Nightwood Falls until December 1st, 2010.

On September 1st, once the night falls, sirens will blare. During that time people have the option of grouping up together and fighting the monsters in the town or forest - or they have the option of facing the creatures in the mansion/safe house. Combat will be free form and abuse of weapons and abilities will be carefully watched. If you're playing a Monster and you're wanting to cause some terror, you have to approve it with the player if you want to interact with their character. This also applies to Main Characters/Victims/Knowing wanting to fight against a Monster. Please keep up with each other in OOC, to avoid drama!

In the off time, it will be a sort of mystery trying to collect the pieces to discover how to undo the spell that The Knowing have place. Please keep in mind that The Knowing will be playing along with Main Characters - and Main Characters are not supposed to suspect them unless they give valid reason. The game has the opportunity for Main Characters to gang up on a potential Knowing (or even a Victim) and kill them for information, etc. This strongly depends on character interactions. Main Characters are the meat of the game, which is why I encourage you to play one!

There's also the option of some smutty sex that occur during off time between monster times - or if you're lucky, the smutty awesome still can occur during monster times. >:) The goal of this is to explore some of the smut horror themes for some, or just to just play a fun little horror/mystery story with some players who are going to respect your boundaries.

Once you enter Nightwood Falls - you can't leave. Or at least no one knows how yet. People who lived in the town are trying to figure out how. Most people are up in the Mansion trying to fend off the monsters coming, but within the mansion there are also a lot of unknowing monsters beginning to awaken.

Character Information

**If you're going to PM your CS: PM Rel Mayer for approval!
**You can also post them in the thread - so other people can see what you created.
**I urge you to make connections and figure out what you're wanting from this game! It's really an open book and you can make whatever you want of it.

Main Characters...

Main Characters - It is encouraged to have a main character.  The main characters will be the survivors attempting to make it through each of the monster attacks, gather supplies and figure out the deeper mysteries of the town.

As the town is smaller in size, characters are encouraged to at least be familiar with one another.  Character connections will really be driving the sandbox portions of the game. 

Main characters can be visitors staying at Nightwood Falls, unknowing inhabitants, or anything reasonable that you may come up with.

Keep this in mind while making your main characters: (More detailed information on Horror Ratings listed below)
**Normal: The character cannot be killed and the levels of bloodplay and pain they experience would be minimal.

**Nightmare:  The character can be serious harmed but not be killed.  The level of violence and bloodplay for this would be increased over the Normal.

**Hell: This character can be seriously harmed and killed.  The more extreme elements can be included in this category – gore, vore, snuff, dismemberment, etc. 

The Victims...

Victim characters will be another option for players to create in addition to a main character.  As the title suggests, they will likely become victims of the monsters.  Players are encouraged to play victims should they desire!

As this is an extreme game and there are expected to be deaths, the players must chose the level of harm the character can potentially come to.  (More detail on horror ratings listed below)

**Normal: The character cannot be killed and the levels of bloodplay and pain they experience would be minimal.

**Nightmare:  The character can be serious harmed but not be killed.  The level of violence and bloodplay for this would be increased over the Softcore.

**Hell: This character can be seriously harmed and killed.  The more extreme elements can be included in this category – gore, vore, snuff, etc. 

**(More information can be found below)

Because Victim characters don't have to fill out quirks or flaws, they can't aid in a fight against a monster, but they also won't weight a party down either. They're basically there for flair and reaction. :) And to be subject to different levels of torture and death if the player wishes.

Victim characters also have the potential to be turned into a monster should all of the parties involved agree (the monster player, the victim player and the GM).  It is very possible for some of the monsters (werewolves and vampires as two examples) to create more of their kind.  Alterations to character sheets would be made if/when a victim were to make the transition.

The Monsters...

Monster characters will be allowed for players, and honestly super encouraged. I don't want to play all the monsters myself!  These characters will be terrorizing the town and all who reside within it.  There will be a limited number of monster slots available at any given time (two per person).  All monster characters will require GM approval.

As well, the guide above (Normal, Nightmare and Hell) will be used for monster characters to indicate how far the player is willing to have their monster go.  It is mandatory that all monster characters respect the boundaries of the victim characters at all times. 

As this is an extreme game and the GM would like the element of horror to remain intact – sexy monsters will be accepted, but they better have a scary side! This is referring to the fact that werewolves and vampires can be monsters, but they can't look like normal people that just turn when they want to. The monsters in this game are meant to be horrifying, and they can be pretty as long as they have a scary evil form. The world is your oyster with monsters and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Basically, no sparkle vampires, please!

There is the possibility that victim characters you create can turn into monsters as well. If you have an idea for one - please share it and we can discuss a plot device to get it going. :)

The Knowing...

The Knowing are characters that start knowing the truth about the events that led up to the monsters being freed and had some role to play in it.  These characters are designed to be hidden among the survivors and struggling to keep their secret.  Just because they helped with the monsters returning doesn't mean that the monsters will take pity on them!  Not to mention what the other people might do!

These characters are limited to one per player (at most).  These characters will be heavily scrutinized by the GM before approval.  As well, Knowing characters cannot be Main Characters as there must be the option to kill these characters.  If you are opposed to a character dying -- this is not the character concept for you.

The Knowing are heavily influenced by the evil within the town from the unknown source. They are born with this bit of evil growing inside of them or are baptized later when they're accepted into the cult. The darkness speaks within them and compels them to do it's bidding. The Knowing must have a character background that is relevant to how they were put into the cult and what role they play into it.

If a Knowing is approved, the GM will be sending private messages with information.  While all information regarding the world will be available to all players out of character – the knowledge that these characters possess in game will be given to each approved Knowing.

The current head of the Knowing is Maven White, the Dean of the University. But it's rumored that Maven White is actually a monster hidden within the flesh of a woman controlling the Knowing.

Character Creation and Hard Offs

A character sheet will be created for the game and filled out.  However, the GM would like to make it very clear that HARD OFFS need to be listed on ALL character sheets (in addition to links to O/O's, etc).  This is not only an extreme game but a horror one and the actions of the monsters will reflect this.  However, player boundaries are very important to maintain and it is necessary to have them in an easy to see location.

Victim and Monster Rating

Normal, Nightmare and Hell notations should be on all character sheets and on each tagging post.  Please do not ask a player to move beyond what they are comfortable with in terms of their rating. It should be noted here that the game will include blood play and violence against victims.  These ratings are only meant to determine how much of these things a player is willing to have happen to their characters.  If you are not comfortable with blood and violence – this is probably not the game for you. 

Horror Ratings!

Horror Ratings

**Please note that ALL HARD OFFS must be adhered to regardless of what Horror Rating a character has**

Normal
-Minor cuts/scratches: shallow wounds that might bleed mildly.
-Minor Burns: 
-Physical Beating: Being punched, kicked, etc
-Blood: Minor amounts of blood (meaning that the character might bleed from injuries)

Other things that fall into this category would be other minor injuries or harm that could come to a character. 

Nightmare
-Deep Wounds:  Cuts and scratches can go much deeper and have longer lasting effects
-Major burns: Both in the context of more bodily coverage and more painful
-Physical Beating:  As above but harder and could land in broken bones
-Blood: A lot more blood letting can happen in this category.  Including spurts or gushing blood
-Mild Physical, Mental or Emotional torture: forced pain and prolonged pain can begin in this category.

This is the most broad category.  Anything that doesn't fall into the Hell category but is too dark for the
Normal category. 

Hell
-Extreme Gore: elements of gore that could include massive bloodiness, organs, etc
-Vore: Nom nom nom
-Snuff
-Extreme Torture
-Mutilation
-Cannibalism

Sex

As in most games on E, there's the option for characters to have sex in this game.  Characters, as always, can engage in any kind of sexual relationship they want to with other characters (provided that both players are willing).

Most of the potential sexual relations between characters and monsters will likely be Non-Con.  If a character wants to have sex with a tentacle monster, the details can be worked out with the player (or GM) posting for that monster.  Please bear in mind that it is unlikely that monsters will catch a victim, force itself on said victim and let them go! 

I don't mind smut in my games and actually encourage it. I know this is one of my favorite themes to write smut in, so please feel free to test the waters and indulge! But, with that being said, there is also a story telling and horror aspect to this game. So, please respect other players that want to tell a story and don't want to indulge in monster sexy-times all the time! 

The History

Nightwood Falls is a small quiet town in the middle two mountains. The weather is mostly chilly during this time of the year, enough to warrant long sleeves and a light jacket. Every morning a thick fog rolls in over the lake and coats the area, but people seem mostly quiet and reserved. The population is just over one thousand and during autumn they get a range of visitors who come in to fish at the lake, relax at the famous Crescent Hotel, or so some local sightseeing. There is even a university that only select applicants get accepted into, but they keep to themselves. They're very quiet on what they're researching, but some are rumored that this schooling is for exceptional 'gifted' individuals (witches and warlocks). The inhabitants of the town seem very welcome to visitors that come in and offer a variety of things for them to do: fishing, bike riding, hiking through the forests, shopping at the local shops, fine dining near the lake. It's a perfect place for a newly wed couple to spend their honeymoon... or  so everyone thought.

There is a bit of an odd history when it comes to Nightwood Falls. Puritans once believes that this place was cursed and certain people were deemed 'unholy' and were haunted with dark magic. The believed that the only way to cleanse the land was to gather up men, women, and children who they believed with blessed with dark spirits and not part of their religions and then decided to burn them next to the lake. Hundreds of people were killed that day and ever since then their spirits and bodies are rumored to haunt the land. Trying to live out the life that was taken from them - angered that their innocent lives were taken. Legend has it that this anger has haunted the land for many years and they can hear their screams and moans within the mist that sets over the town.

Even though it's not spoken of much in the news, there have been a variety of 'odd' occurrences happening during September and October over the past few years. People falling into the lake during the middle of the night and drowning, people falling off cliffs and snapping their necks, car crashes from the fog, suicides, and some people even whisper of murders.What is especially odd is every decade something tragic happens. Ten years ago a school burned down in the middle of the day - students and teachers unable to escape, before that a factory burned to the ground, and before then a plague swept across and killed hundreds of people. This was never enough to warrant an investigation. The town continued keep this out of the news so people who come to visit Nightwood Falls and fall in love with its quaint charm. People do decide to settle in the area among The Knowing and the normal inhabitants. The town police seem to keep a fairly relaxed state on the town, just so it can keep it's small and quiet town feeling.

The truth is, everyone who is a resident of this town for over a year is very aware of the 'strange' occurrences and actually promote strangers to come in and visit during tourist time in September and October. It's right when the leave start to change... as well as other things.

That is of course, except for The Knowing. The Knowing are a select group of people who once believed that the lake is blessed with a demon of darkness. In their beliefs it's said that on October 1st, 2009 a magical darkened spirit would come over the land. All of their blood spit and sacrifices would finally manifest and bring the rise of monsters. To prepare the land for this - they have been slowly murdering and kidnapping people. Feeding it to the darkness of the lake in hopes to please it so the spirit so it will come alive on October 1st, 2009.

And it worked.

The awakened the beast, but not for long. The Knowing discovered that the beast, who feeds the various monsters and evil magics, only awakens for two months out of the year. Depending on the slaughter from the previous years, depends on how strong the magic would be. The Knowing like to make sure there are plenty of new 'members' of the community who are unaware of the change that happens in Nightwood Falls in the months of September and October. Often, they are aiding of the monsters.

Although the Knowing worships the darkness and the monsters. They are not immune, the only advantage they have is that they're aware of the monsters and prepared to face them.

The Knowing:

The history of the knowing is that they've been around in this town for many years. They're established figures in the community, the mayor, the sheriff, owner and operator of the hotel, rich folk who own mansions, and principals in schools. Everyone who has been in Nightwood Falls for over a year is a Knowing and promote to get people to join or get people to be sacrifices for the ritual that takes place for two months out of the year. They've been established for generation upon generation and over time more people have traveled to Nightwood Falls. These people also believed in the darkness of the lake to join and wanted to join The Knowing. To join the knowing - they had to offer live and blood sacrifices to the lake that meant more than strangers. Currently, they're spread out on their different areas of town and waiting to reunite to prepare for the darkness that is about to overcome Nightwood Falls.

The Knowing are keeping monsters deep within the forest and even some of them are in the university. The monsters are fairly weak or dead, but they come alive from September 1st to November 1st. It is also rumored that some of these monsters are the previous people who were captured and killed by The Knowing. Planning on reincarnating these people into the most terrifying sights known to man. It's also possible that some of these monsters are actually experiments gone wrong by the mad scientists at the college. No matter, the Knowing are constantly bringing in haunted artifacts that can turn into monsters during their sacred time.

Random Bits of Info:

Monsters:

You'll want to have a lair that your Monster generally hangs out in. Just to make it easier and give it a theme, of course, you don't have to. It's just a suggestion!

Monsters are your creative canvas. Feel free to do whatever you want! :) The only thing is that I don't want you to make overly powerful monsters that can kill you with a glance. Please make them believable and fun for people to interact with. I may be a bit more strict approving monsters, but I will always offer you an alternative.

The Knowing:

-If you want to have a knowing. Please keep in mind that they have to have a good reason for being recognized by the cult to join and what they had to sacrifice to join.
-These people are baptized within the lake once they join.
-They are doing this because it's what they believe and they're going to be granted more power in the after life.
-They also are just dark individuals who enjoy watching people suffer for various reasons.
-They are unknown to normal townsfolk as badguys.

Particular Higher End Professions Taken:
Headmistress of the University - Rel Mayer
History Professor - Red Lobster (?)

Here are the character sheet outlines if you want to start making your characters! Remember! It is encouraged to make a main character! You can make a knowing, up to two monsters, and as many victims as you want! Please PM or write in this thread if you have any questions. I'll be glad to answer! I also will put in a spoiler some of my characters - so you can get an idea of what to expect.

Main Character/Monster/Knowing Sheet:

Code ( Main Character/Knowing/Monster Sheet) Select
[float=right][img height=500 padding=5]YOUR IMAGE GOES HERE![/img][/float][b]Name[/b]:

[b]Age[/b]: (Must be 16+)

[b]Character Type[/b]: Main Character/Knowing/Monster

[b]Occupation[/b]: What does your character do? Are they from out of town? Do they work in town? (If Monster: Please include where the Lair is at. Make sure that no other approved monster has claimed this lair.)

[b]Physical Description[/b]: Short description. Anything that the picture may not say.

[b]Personality[/b]: Describe their general mannerisms.

[b]History[/b]: How did they end up in Nightwood Falls? What are they currently doing here? If you apply for The Knowing - this needs to be heavily focused on how they came into play.

[b]Quirks:[/b] Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Flaws[/b]: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Link your O&O[/b]: Link your O&Os

[b]Specify Ons[/b]: Mostly anything particular you would like to encounter.

[b]Specify Hard Offs[/b]: [i]Be Specific[/i] - If you enjoy Gore, but you don't want to see eyeballs popping out, say it. GM may ask you to clarify exactly what your hard OFFs are.

[b]Sexuality[/b]: Self Explanatory. Also include nature if you wish to.

[b]Content Level:[/b] Normal/Nightmare/Hell - Select the highest category you will participate in.

[b]Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell)[/b]: Can your character die? If you pick Monster/Knowing - then answer is automatically 'yes'. Degree of death refers to how your character may be allowed to die. Normal being quick and painless, nightmare being specific to your O&Os, and hell meaning almost up for anything (vore, extreme gore, etc.)

[b]Face Claim?[/b]: Not necessary, but if you have a face claim list it here.

[b]Surprise GM Events?[/b]: This is a Yes/No Answer. View FAQ for questions, and feel free to define it more, if you'd like.

[b]Connections?[/b]: Treat this as your Classified Area or the Area where you can list your connections! Write in what you're wanting out of this character, possible plot changes, how you want them to die? Etc.

NPC/Victim Sheets:

Code ( NPC/Victim Sheets) Select

[float=right][img height=400 padding=5][/img][/float][b]Name[/b]: First and Last

[b]Age[/b]: (16+)

[b]Occupation[/b]: What do they do?

[b]Character Type[/b]: NPC or Victim

[b]Brief History[/b]: Just a paragraph of so giving this character some flair.

[b]Who can play?[/b]:

[b]Sexuality[/b]:

[b]Surprise GM Events?[/b]: Check the FAQ! This would be a Yes/No answer, and you can always define it more if you'd like.

IF VICTIM:

[b]Link O&Os[/b]:

[b]Sexual ONs[/b]:

[b]Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):][/b]

[b]Specify Hard OFFs[/b]:

[b]Connections?[/b]: Treat this as your Classified Area or the Area where you can list your connections! Write in what you're wanting out of this character, possible plot changes, how you want them to die? Etc.

Special Thanks:
Just wanted to take a moment and thank the people who have made this form into something cool over the years. Even if they're not playing with us anymore. <3

Sindra
Strangefate
Red Lobster
GnothiSeaution

Rel Mayer

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

FarFetched

I feel like writing... a monster. Consider me interested; I might send something in later this week ;)

Intimate Ink

Expressing interest cause.... horror... And Rel Mayer is awesome (duh).

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Intimate Ink on September 05, 2016, 03:39:29 AM
Expressing interest cause.... horror... And Rel Mayer is awesome (duh).

Why do I have the feeling my character is going to trust yours and then suddenly discover that they were an evil monster... right before imminent doom.

I feel like this is deja vu of something...

Quote from: FarFetched on September 05, 2016, 03:30:45 AM
I feel like writing... a monster. Consider me interested; I might send something in later this week ;)

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 05, 2016, 01:44:50 AM
I am absolutely interested in joining this year!

Excited to see what you peeps come up with! Please let me know if you have any questions or anything. I have my Maven character (GM leader, Dean of the University) built in my head, but I'm gonna write her down.

AS for the rest of my characters, depends on what you peeps come up with/what you're looking for! :)

Totoro

Definitely interested in writing a monster, I have a few ideas in my head already. I'd probably be mostly focused on the horror/storytelling aspects.

I'd like to go for a sort of cthulu-inspired monster that tends to lurk in the shadows and manipulate things, convert cultists and tends to like to spread fear and terror while savouring the moment and really waiting to reveal itself at the last second. The sort of thing that would really torment a couple of people by getting them attacked by cultists/other monsters, stalking them and making sure they never really know what it is that's hunting them. Totally open to discussing it though, there's just so many potential options available.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 05, 2016, 05:00:33 AM
Definitely interested in writing a monster, I have a few ideas in my head already. I'd probably be mostly focused on the horror/storytelling aspects.

I'd like to go for a sort of cthulu-inspired monster that tends to lurk in the shadows and manipulate things, convert cultists and tends to like to spread fear and terror while savouring the moment and really waiting to reveal itself at the last second. The sort of thing that would really torment a couple of people by getting them attacked by cultists/other monsters, stalking them and making sure they never really know what it is that's hunting them. Totally open to discussing it though, there's just so many potential options available.

That would totally work. Of course you'd have to work with other knowing characters and make sure they agree with the taking over part.  Or you can just make multiple NPC cultists to use with the monster. :)

Excited to see your interest!

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Remiel

Interested, obviously.  Early character concept: some sort of monster hunter, a haunted, tortured soul who can only find redemption by battling eldritch forces.   Yeah, yeah, I know, trope trope shut up.

Totoro

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 05, 2016, 10:31:22 AM
That would totally work. Of course you'd have to work with other knowing characters and make sure they agree with the taking over part.  Or you can just make multiple NPC cultists to use with the monster. :)

Excited to see your interest!

I think there's a lot of room for me working behind the scenes with knowing characters and perhaps even trick them into setting off things they didn't plan for. There's a lot of room for plot twists in the way this group game is set up and the more I think about it the more ideas/possibilities crop up.

I'll probably make a couple of cultists and maybe a bit of a physically stronger monster as his muscle/pawns since he's such a 'behind the scenes' character he'd be very limited on interactions otherwise. Looking forward to doing my best to drive some characters insane, though.

Edit: Just to add to this I think I've got an idea for another really creepy, unnerving monster but I'm not sure if he might wind up going too far for me. It'd definitely be a pretty dark path and I'd want to do it justice.

GnothiSeauton

Currently debating the resurrection of my triplets that I didn't get to finish last time.  But also wouldn't mind bringing back my shadow dude, or doing just a random person.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Fetwick

Well I submitted a monster for Approval. Here he is in case someone wanted to make a connection victim or even main player who was responsible for his suicide!

Name: The Nightwood Wraith (Billy Barkin)

Character Type: Monster

Lair: Gym/Locker Rooms

Physical Description: Underneath the mask, Billy used to have short brown hair with thick black rim glasses. Death has made him fear what he truly looks like now. He is essentially a phantom that has possessed the suit.

Personality: Billy is playful like a mascot. Super animated, but often doesn't speak a word. (Unless it's someone he wants revenge on.) He often likes to torture his victims with a slow burn of psychological games and elevated tension. The sounds of laughter make him uneasy, and he generally likes to keep his space around him as quiet as possible.

History: Billy Barkin was the campus mascot since his freshman year. He wasn't very well liked among the teams and especially the cheerleaders. He often privy to landing himself into pranks set up by his teammates. Always invited to parties, but never truly accepted, it became widely known that Billy was still a virgin. On his senior year, as part of the homecoming prank fest, the cheerleaders went too far. They tricked Billy into thinking that newest squad member thought he was cute and convinced him to meet her in the girls locker room. Asking him to strip down to nothing but his helmet, Billy complied. When asked to close his eyes, the clicks of cameras began to go off as the rest of the cheerleaders jumped out of their lockers laughing hysterically at him. Embarrassed and confused as to where he was going, Billy ran out of the hallway into the big game naked, except for the wraith mascot head. Laughter filled the gym as he found his way back. He wanted nothing more than to get revenge on the cheerleaders, as he put his outfit back on. Too depressed to think of anything worthwhile, he hung himself in costume in the girls locker room. They returned from the game shocked.

Now Billy's back! And he's haunting the campus gym and it's lockers to get his real revenge on the cheerleaders who snubbed him. He's making a new literal wraith cheerleader squad with razor laced pom-poms. Just to make sure he isn't embarrassed by them again, he's taken the initiative to hush them with duct tape, so he'll never have to hear them laugh or insult him again!

Quirks:

• Ghost Powers: Can use telekinesis to move objects and fly. Can phase through walls.
  • An undead cheerleader army at his side to command.

Flaws:

• CANNOT stand laugher. Especially if female. Also weakened when shown his true form in a mirror.
  • Hard for wraith cheerleaders to communicate, and can separated and taken down physically.

Link your O&O: https://www.f-list.net/c/fetwick

Specify Ons: BDSM, Humilation, Torture, Revenge

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific - Incest, Scat, Pregnancy

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Content Level: Hell

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, Hell.

Face Claim?: Not necessary, but if you have a face claim list it here.

Surprise GM Events?: Yes

Connections?: Cheerleaders, Players, Faculty

FarFetched

The monster I plan to play; submitted for approval!

Name: O L D  M A N  B O R G I A

Character Type: M O N S T E R

Occupation: Old Man Borgia is a Gluttony demon. Currently, he inhabits the university cafeteria, which is his Lair. He is currently living in the body of the cafeteria's kindly chef.

Most Gluttony demons couldn't hold a candle to other creatures in the underworld. Due to the self-destructive nature of the sin they embody, Gluttony demons slow, stupid, and lack any physical presence in the mortal world. Gluttony Demons are cursed with eternal hunger. No matter how much they consume, they are always famished. Gluttony demons can alleviate this hunger is by torturing the gluttonous souls that make their way to hell, "sharing" their hunger with the damned. Since this kind of demon is supposed to lack any direct control over the mortal plane, most demons see them as nothing more than scavengers.

Not all gluttony demons are weak, however. Every once in awhile, a one will corrupt a soul within the mortal coil just enough to take it as their own without giving the owner a heart attack. The result is a powerful possession. Once a host has been taken, the demon's ability to devour souls increases dramatically, and, much like obesity itself, their power quickly snowballs out of control.

With enough souls, a small minority of Gluttony demons resist their growing hunger long enough to become dangerously clever. They learn how to influence the world more directly; with cannibalistic killing sprees, tainted offerings, and fast food chains. With each soul claimed, their abilities become stronger and their intelligence keener. Though, no matter how many souls within their stomach, they never truly stop being hungry.

Physical Description: Borgia is a jolly, portly whale of a man. Standing in at six foot six and 1,000 pounds, every inch of him is bursting at the seams with creativity, Southern Hospitality, and rolls of fat. His bald head is polished to a mirror sheen, and he is never without a kindly smile on his face. He is very obese, to the extent that his skin can barely hold all the weight in. It looks as if he could split open at any given moment! And, when he does...

Personality: There are many monsters in this world. Creatures that are powerful, fell, and terrible. What most of these dark beasts have in common, though, is Hunger. A Hunger for sex; for revenge; for human flesh; for the hunt; for blood. In many ways, Hunger is what truly makes a monster so... monstrous. Thinking in those terms, you could say that Old Man Borgia is the greatest monster of them all. At the very least, he is certainly the hungriest. What's even worse, he likes to think he has a sense of humor.

Above all else, Old Man Borgia is a connoisseur. He enjoys food from all places and cultures, and always goes out of his way to impress new dishes upon his friends. He finds great delight in expanding the palettes of today's nubile young minds. Of course, some of his dishes may look unappetizing at first, but he assures his patrons that the taste is simply to die for.

History: Many stories start at the beginning. Borgia's might start at the beginning of beginnings, alongside more minor occurrences such as the Dawn of Time and the first war between Heaven and Hell. Borgia regrets that he could never find the apple that started it all, as he would have found it delicious. Among his many great achievements, Borgia credits himself with the creation of hush-puppies (true), fast-food in general (false), and various other leading causes of heart-failure. His contemporaries at work occasionally refer to him as being "In the Big Leagues," and he likes to agree with them. After all, he is pretty great.

Borgia came to Nightwood Falls when he overheard that there would be a great buffet. The local townsfolk, such generous people, set all of this up just for gentle-hearted souls like himself. How could he say no? Ever the gourmand at heart, he decided it was high time to get off his rear and see what Nightwood Falls had in store for him! He hopes it will be a sumptuous undertaking.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• A Partaker of Soul Food: For the duration of the game, if Borgia or another human kills and consumes a human, the victim's soul is is forfeit to Boriga. They will rot in the demon's stomach for all eternity, and empower Borgia to new heights.
  • Sinew suspenders: Borgia looks outwardly human at the start of the game, or after eating a soul. The longer he is without a soul, the larger, less human and stupider he becomes.
  • A Wall of Flab: In his true form, Borgia is a gigantic freight train of fat, muscle and teeth. He doesn't bleed, and the mortal shell he inhabits could be ripped to shreds before he is stopped. As a result, Borgia can absorb extreme amounts of damage from physical sources, often making matchsticks of lesser defenses.
  • Serving up Smiles!:Everyone has to eat, and Strong Gluttony demons like Borgia can force others sate their hunger to an excess. Borgia can instill a clawing, unnatural hunger in anyone or anything nearby him. This hunger grows stronger the longer the Gluttony demon is nearby. After enough exposure, those afflicted would eat anything, even other people, even themselves to sate their ravenous desire to feed.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Bursting at the Seams: When possessing a host, a guttony demon's new body will slowly degrade into a massive, horrifying beast. This process can be reversed by the consumption of more souls. However, it is merely a stopgap. Eventually, the host's body will rupture entirely and Borgia's true, disgusting form will emerge.
  • Stupidly Hungry: Borgia becomes more and more desperate for souls the longer he goes without consuming one. His hunger will never, ever stop growing.
  • Slower than Molasses: Not only are Gluttony demons fat, they are slow. Even though their aura can turn people into cannibals, they have to be nearby a victim affect them. Unlike other monsters, the best defense against a gluttony demon isn't a weapon or a sturdy door, but a good pair of running shoes.
  • A true Gourmand: A Gluttony demon would never take a good meal away from someone. So long as someone is eating something, anything, Borgia can not and will not touch them. What they eat is irrelevant. It could be wood, cotton, other people, metal shavings, or anything that they can swallow. Old Man Borgia will always wait for them to finish their meal before starting his.

Link your O&O: Link your O&Os

Specify Ons: To whip up some good, old fashioned horror!

Specify Hard Offs: For this RP, none.

Sexuality: He is going to eat you. Is there even a dong under all that flab?

Content Level: H E L L

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Auto-yes.

Face Claim?: Grandfather Nurgle, and his various Unclean Ones

Connections?: None.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 05, 2016, 12:56:36 PM
Sign me up.

:) :)

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 05, 2016, 01:19:37 PM
Currently debating the resurrection of my triplets that I didn't get to finish last time.  But also wouldn't mind bringing back my shadow dude, or doing just a random person.
:) :) :) :)!!!

I loved all of those characters, honesty, and that picture of the triplets gives me such muse chills it's ridiculous. Although I'm also super intrigued by your shadow dude, because he was evil as evil could be. But smooth like an expensive scotch!

I'm sure whatever you pick will be amazing, Gnothi. I give you free reign to go wild! So excited you're into this!

Quote from: Remiel on September 05, 2016, 01:00:00 PM
Interested, obviously.  Early character concept: some sort of monster hunter, a haunted, tortured soul who can only find redemption by battling eldritch forces.   Yeah, yeah, I know, trope trope shut up.

Tropes are the way to go! Can't wait to see what it turns out to be Remi, and excited that you're joining!

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 05, 2016, 01:14:35 PM

I think there's a lot of room for me working behind the scenes with knowing characters and perhaps even trick them into setting off things they didn't plan for. There's a lot of room for plot twists in the way this group game is set up and the more I think about it the more ideas/possibilities crop up.

I'll probably make a couple of cultists and maybe a bit of a physically stronger monster as his muscle/pawns since he's such a 'behind the scenes' character he'd be very limited on interactions otherwise. Looking forward to doing my best to drive some characters insane, though.

Edit: Just to add to this I think I've got an idea for another really creepy, unnerving monster but I'm not sure if he might wind up going too far for me. It'd definitely be a pretty dark path and I'd want to do it justice.

Well, don't push yourself past your limits! Do whatever feels comfortable for you.

Your character concepts reminds me of this awesome Cheshire Cat that someone played a few years ago. It focused on driving people insane and it was such a cool concept to play with. Makes me excited for yours!

@ Fetwick and FarFetched

<3 you both for joining!

Give me just a second to read through your sheets. I don't have a character sheet thread open just yet, but I'll open one either tonight or tomorrow!

Aiden

Rel Mayer

Quote from: FarFetched on September 05, 2016, 07:01:16 PM
The monster I plan to play; submitted for approval!

Name: O L D  M A N  B O R G I A

Character Type: M O N S T E R

Occupation: Old Man Borgia is a Gluttony demon. Currently, he inhabits the university cafeteria, which is his Lair. He is currently living in the body of the cafeteria's kindly chef.

Most Gluttony demons couldn't hold a candle to other creatures in the underworld. Due to the self-destructive nature of the sin they embody, Gluttony demons slow, stupid, and lack any physical presence in the mortal world. Gluttony Demons are cursed with eternal hunger. No matter how much they consume, they are always famished. Gluttony demons can alleviate this hunger is by torturing the gluttonous souls that make their way to hell, "sharing" their hunger with the damned. Since this kind of demon is supposed to lack any direct control over the mortal plane, most demons see them as nothing more than scavengers.

Not all gluttony demons are weak, however. Every once in awhile, a one will corrupt a soul within the mortal coil just enough to take it as their own without giving the owner a heart attack. The result is a powerful possession. Once a host has been taken, the demon's ability to devour souls increases dramatically, and, much like obesity itself, their power quickly snowballs out of control.

With enough souls, a small minority of Gluttony demons resist their growing hunger long enough to become dangerously clever. They learn how to influence the world more directly; with cannibalistic killing sprees, tainted offerings, and fast food chains. With each soul claimed, their abilities become stronger and their intelligence keener. Though, no matter how many souls within their stomach, they never truly stop being hungry.

Physical Description: Borgia is a jolly, portly whale of a man. Standing in at six foot six and 1,000 pounds, every inch of him is bursting at the seams with creativity, Southern Hospitality, and rolls of fat. His bald head is polished to a mirror sheen, and he is never without a kindly smile on his face. He is very obese, to the extent that his skin can barely hold all the weight in. It looks as if he could split open at any given moment! And, when he does...

Personality: There are many monsters in this world. Creatures that are powerful, fell, and terrible. What most of these dark beasts have in common, though, is Hunger. A Hunger for sex; for revenge; for human flesh; for the hunt; for blood. In many ways, Hunger is what truly makes a monster so... monstrous. Thinking in those terms, you could say that Old Man Borgia is the greatest monster of them all. At the very least, he is certainly the hungriest. What's even worse, he likes to think he has a sense of humor.

Above all else, Old Man Borgia is a connoisseur. He enjoys food from all places and cultures, and always goes out of his way to impress new dishes upon his friends. He finds great delight in expanding the palettes of today's nubile young minds. Of course, some of his dishes may look unappetizing at first, but he assures his patrons that the taste is simply to die for.

History: Many stories start at the beginning. Borgia's might start at the beginning of beginnings, alongside more minor occurrences such as the Dawn of Time and the first war between Heaven and Hell. Borgia regrets that he could never find the apple that started it all, as he would have found it delicious. Among his many great achievements, Borgia credits himself with the creation of hush-puppies (true), fast-food in general (false), and various other leading causes of heart-failure. His contemporaries at work occasionally refer to him as being "In Big Leagues," and he likes to agree with them. After all, he is pretty great.

Borgia came to Nightwood Falls when he overheard that there would be a great buffet. The local townsfolk, such generous people, set all of this up just for gentle-hearted souls like himself. How could he say no? Ever the gourmand at heart, he decided it was high time to get off his rear and see what Nightwood Falls had in store for him! He hopes it will be a sumptuous undertaking.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• A Partaker of Soul Food: For the duration of the game, if Borgia or another human kills and consumes a human, the victim's soul is is forfeit to Boriga. They will rot in the demon's stomach for all eternity, and empower Borgia to new heights.
  • Sinew suspenders: Borgia looks outwardly human at the start of the game, or after eating a soul. The longer he is without a soul, the larger, less human and stupider he becomes.
  • A Wall of Flab: In his true form, Borgia is a gigantic freight train of fat, muscle and teeth. He doesn't bleed, and the mortal shell he inhabits could be ripped to shreds before he is stopped. As a result, Borgia can absorb extreme amounts of damage from physical sources, often making matchsticks of lesser defenses.
  • Serving up Smiles!:Everyone has to eat, and Strong Gluttony demons like Borgia can force others sate their hunger to an excess. Borgia can instill a clawing, unnatural hunger in anyone or anything nearby him. This hunger grows stronger the longer the Gluttony demon is nearby. After enough exposure, those afflicted would eat anything, even other people, even themselves to sate their ravenous desire to feed.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Bursting at the Seams: When possessing a host, a guttony demon's new body will slowly degrade into a massive, horrifying beast. This process can be reversed by the consumption of more souls. However, it is merely a stopgap. Eventually, the host's body will rupture entirely and Borgia's true, disgusting form will emerge.
  • Stupidly Hungry: Borgia becomes more and more desperate for souls the longer he goes without consuming one. His hunger will never, ever stop growing.
  • Slower than Molasses: Not only are Gluttony demons fat, they are slow. Even though their aura can turn people into cannibals, they have to be nearby a victim affect them. Unlike other monsters, the best defense against a gluttony demon isn't a weapon or a sturdy door, but a good pair of running shoes.
  • A true Gourmand: A Gluttony demon would never take a good meal away from someone. So long as someone is eating something, anything, Borgia can not and will not touch them. What they eat is irrelevant. It could be wood, cotton, other people, metal shavings, or anything that they can swallow. Old Man Borgia will always wait for them to finish their meal before starting his.

Specify Ons: To whip up some good, old fashioned horror!

Specify Hard Offs: For this RP, none.

Sexuality: He is going to eat you. Is there even a dong under all that flab?

Content Level: H E L L

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Auto-yes.

Face Claim?: Grandfather Nurgle, and his various Unclean Ones

Connections?: None.

I can't tell you how many ways I love this character. Whenever I post up the thread it's totally approved and let me just keep throwing victims for this amazing monster to consume one after another.

Maybe it needs a whole pack of students to chomp on!

Quote from: Aiden on September 05, 2016, 07:59:47 PM
If it is fitting, I might request to bring in Papa Vatar

I was hoping he would come back! IT would totally fit. I think he would also be involved higher up in the University too if that's something you're interested in!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Fetwick on September 05, 2016, 06:42:09 PM
Well I submitted a monster for Approval. Here he is in case someone wanted to make a connection victim or even main player who was responsible for his suicide!

Name: The Nightwood Wraith (Billy Barkin)

Lair: Gym/Locker Rooms

Physical Description: Underneath the mask, Billy used to have short brown hair with thick black rim glasses. Death has made him fear what he truly looks like now. He is essentially a phantom that has possessed the suit.

Personality: Billy is playful like a mascot. Super animated, but often doesn't speak a word. (Unless it's someone he wants revenge on.) He often likes to torture his victims with a slow burn of psychological games and elevated tension. The sounds of laughter make him uneasy, and he generally likes to keep his space around him as quiet as possible.

History: Billy Barkin was the campus mascot since his freshman year. He wasn't very well liked among the teams and especially the cheerleaders. He often privy to landing himself into pranks set up by his teammates. Always invited to parties, but never truly accepted, it became widely known that Billy was still a virgin. On his senior year, as part of the homecoming prank fest, the cheerleaders went too far. They tricked Billy into thinking that newest squad member thought he was cute and convinced him to meet her in the girls locker room. Asking him to strip down to nothing but his helmet, Billy complied. When asked to close his eyes, the clicks of cameras began to go off as the rest of the cheerleaders jumped out of their lockers laughing hysterically at him. Embarrassed and confused as to where he was going, Billy ran out of the hallway into the big game naked, except for the wraith mascot head. Laughter filled the gym as he found his way back. He wanted nothing more than to get revenge on the cheerleaders, as he put his outfit back on. Too depressed to think of anything worthwhile, he hung himself in costume in the girls locker room. They returned from the game shocked.

Now Billy's back! And he's haunting the campus gym and it's lockers to get his real revenge on the cheerleaders who snubbed him. He's making a new literal wraith cheerleader squad with razor laced pom-poms. Just to make sure he isn't embarrassed by them again, he's taken the initiative to hush them with duct tape, so he'll never have to hear them laugh or insult him again!

Quirks:

• Ghost Powers: Can use telekinesis to move objects and fly. Can phase through walls.
  • An undead cheerleader army at his side to command.

Flaws:

• CANNOT stand laugher. Especially if female. Also weakened when shown his true form in a mirror.
  • Hard for wraith cheerleaders to communicate, and can separated and taken down physically.

Link your O&O: https://www.f-list.net/c/fetwick

Specify Ons: BDSM, Humilation, Torture, Revenge

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific - Incest, Scat, Pregnancy

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Content Level: Hell

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, Hell.

Face Claim?: Not necessary, but if you have a face claim list it here.

Connections?: Cheerleaders, Players, Faculty

This is amazingly awesome too! If you want I can set up a sort of classifieds add when you can request for people to play the cheerleader, if they want! It's such an interesting concept to go along with the monster.

It would also be interesting to see the monster turn an alive cheerleader into a zombie one. Hawt.

Totes approved once I get the thingy up.

Aiden

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 05, 2016, 08:00:36 PM

I was hoping he would come back! IT would totally fit. I think he would also be involved higher up in the University too if that's something you're interested in!

Fuck yea I would.

Papa wants to make some monsters! Who wants Vatar as their monster daddy?

Fetwick

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 05, 2016, 08:02:34 PM

It would also be interesting to see the monster turn an alive cheerleader into a zombie one. Hawt.

I've already got an evil idea involving this. She wouldn't be a wraith though. Little scary situation for the player involved.  >:)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aiden on September 05, 2016, 08:05:22 PM
Fuck yea I would.

If you don't get any takers, and if there starts to be more main characters/victims...  I'd be up for working something out with my conjoined triplets.  Have to dig through my archives for the sheet or remake it, but I'd be up for potentially working something out if you don't get any takers, Aiden.

Seeking New Stories

FarFetched

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 05, 2016, 08:00:36 PM
I can't tell you how many ways I love this character.

"Oh, well, you should try." *Pompous hairflip, followed by a diva pose* "I love it when people tell me how awesome I am."

Hehe, I really am glad he's a home-run though; thank you kindly~! I think he'll be lots of fun to play.

Totoro

Just to warn anyone/everyone about to read this you're going down a pretty dark road. I still want to play the other monster idea I had but I was looking through Dark Souls and Darkest Dungeon for inspiration and it just hit me 'What if Pinwheel wasn't just a rubbish disappointing boss in a video game' because his design is actually pretty creepy. So I ended up derailed on the darker road and landed here. I've said dark an awful lot in this paragraph, maybe that's a good sign though.

Name: The Twisted Tinkerer

Occupation: The Tinkerer has a singular obsession and unnatural drive to create a diorama of a happy family. It intends to capture humans, carve them up and use taxidermy to create dolls of the characters it wishes to create. It will dismember and flay it's victims before preserving them and adding their body parts to it's collection, fixing them together to create life size dolls. There still seems to be some part of the victims alive, trapped within the doll. They can only look and feel the skin, but as there is no muscle left the dark magic only traps them in eternal helplessness.

It lives in a workshop separate from much of the town. It used to be owned by a mechanic but he long since passed away and now it is devoted to the Tinkerer's insane work. It is filled with medical and butchery implements, as well as various tools for taxidermy and a large stage set up for his diorama. This currently features six wooden manikins delicately posed, each with a varying amount of blood, skin and other human body parts ornately attached to it. The scene being played out is that of a happy family standing together and holding hands. A father, a mother and a daughter. The father has a long, straggly beard. The mother seems to be wearing a surgical mask as if she's a nurse. The daughter has a gaunt, unnerving face with her mouth and eyes wide open.

Physical Description: The Tinkerer is a strange, unnatural being. It's physical form is almost entirely concealed at all times. It wears a heavy, long black cloak that covers its entire body easily. It's sleeves are long and cleanly cover each of it's six long limbs. In each hand it carries a strange lantern, using these to light it's way in the darkness it tends to spend its time in. These lanterns each burn with the souls of his victims, trapping them eternally to eventually create the soul of a doll. On it's faces it wears three masks representing the three pieces of the diorama as the Doctor/Father, The Nurse/Mother and the Victim/Daughter. The Doctor has a long, straggly and unkempt beard. The Nurse wears a surgical mask and has a concealed face. The victim has long, wavy hair and a gaunt, unnatural look.

Beneath the cloak is is an amalgamation of three dolls. Each of the family members, created from wood and human body parts, twisted and warped together to form a strange creation. It moves in a deeply unnatural way, it's six legs clattering across the floor in a hectic flurry. All six arms writhe and move with a life of their own, with a wide variety of surgical implements where their hands would be ranging from saws to scalpels. It has three heads, all with preserved human eye balls staring blankly outwards. The faces are masks of skin, tied together in a sick tapestry that barely looks as though it's come from the same person, which it often hasn't. It is clear it takes a dozen victims to create each doll as the tinkerer only picks it's favourite pieces of each target.

Personality:
The Tinkerer is no longer remotely near the minds of the original three victims. It is now a dark being with it's own thoughts and desires, although everything it is revolves around that one dark flaw of striving for an unattainable perceived perfection. It is incapable of speaking, although it can write and scratch messages out, and is even capable of using technology to communicate such as texts and online messengers as it has very delicate, precise movements when it is not trying to move quickly. It is permanently calm, incapable of growing angry and maintaining a hauntingly efficient motion in everything it does. It feels strongly that it's victims are necessary for it to succeed, and having now tried for so crushingly long it simply has no better option than to be met with success at long last. It will almost only kill in elaborate tricks and traps as it is not particularly talented at fighting, or very fast, although it's limbs powered by occult magics are far stronger than a human and it is certainly capable of using it's surgical equipment to kill. But it tends to prefer to maintain it's calculating efficiency, only growing upset if the dolls it is creating are damaged or stolen. It will still not become angry as a human would, more simply driven to meet out vengeance upon the one that wronged it, generally intending to use it's strange occult taxidermy to flay and dismember them while keeping them alive. 

History:
The tinkerer was born of a single mans dark desire for perfection. He had everything in life, except for the daughter he so badly desired. He fell into depression and madness as he grew older, alongside his wife, and the two of them vowed to create the life they wished for. And so he spoke to dark, occult men who promised him the daughter he so desired. All he had to do was create her for them, but the price was that the outer parts of the girl such as her hair, eyes and skin must be collected from humans. The tinkerer and his wife were so deeply scarred that they agreed to this price, and kidnapped a victim. He and his wife dressed as a Doctor and a nurse and operated on her, although they believed their poison killed her the young woman woke up in a fit of terror mid way through the operation, before collapsing and seeming to die. When they were done they had created their grotesque life sized doll, a horrific parody of a human at best.

They sought out the occult men once more and welcomed them into their home. When the strangers were inside however, they did not awaken the doll. Instead they knocked out both the husband and the wife, still dressed as the doctor and the nurse. They cursed the two of them for their dark desires, and then left as quickly as they came. While the man and woman were unconscious the monstrous doll rose. It stumbled about the house, trying to understand what it was. The first thing it could find was the fathers mad scrawled drawings, this one of a strange family. The doll could only imagine this was in some way it's purpose, and so it strove to create two more dolls to complete the family. Finding the unconscious couple on the floor it silently cut their throats and let them die. It took a long time to create but the doll eventually managed to build two more, similar to itself.  It covered the two dolls in the skin and other body parts of the couple, and finally it's work felt complete.

When the two other dolls awakened the three finally held hands, embracing in a nightmarish vision of a dream gone terribly wrong. But the dolls were not satisfied or happy. They had been born with the single minded goal of creating this, and it had not changed how they felt in any way. The three resolved to create a better scene this time. They built themselves together, with great difficulty, to be as one whole unit before they created the new family. Now a six limbed, six legged and three headed disjointed creation they concealed the horror of their appearance even from themselves with a long, black cloak and three masks of their own faces. For hundreds of years it have set about creating and re-creating the same scene, always with the same result. Now it has found itself in Nightwood, believing there to be a vast source of potential candidates for its dolls it feels that this time it can finally get it right. It remains quietly on the outside of the town, luring it victims into elaborately crafted traps and tricks to capture them.

Quirks:

• -Incredible knowledge of human anatomy and surgery.
  • -Multiple inhumanely strong limbs.
  • -Difficult to wound with gunshots or most normal weapons.
  • -Has a variety of blades and surgical equipment

Flaws:

• -Clumsy and poor at fighting.
  • -Extremely vulnerable to fire.
  • -Obsessed with a single minded goal.
  • -Slower than a healthy adult human.

Specify Ons: Creepy, unnerving horror scenes.

Specify Hard Offs: I'm all in on gore here other than genital mutilation.

Sexuality: Not a sexual creature at all.

Content Level:Hell

Death? Automatic Yes.

Face Claim?: Dark Souls 1 Pinwheel

Connections?: General victims. Potentially living dolls either the Doctor/Father, Nurse/Mother or Victim/Daughter.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Aiden on September 05, 2016, 08:05:22 PM
Fuck yea I would.

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 05, 2016, 08:16:03 PM
If you don't get any takers, and if there starts to be more main characters/victims...  I'd be up for working something out with my conjoined triplets.  Have to dig through my archives for the sheet or remake it, but I'd be up for potentially working something out if you don't get any takers, Aiden.

This sounds like amazingness in the making. Let me know anything you need from me to make that happen!

Quote from: Fetwick on September 05, 2016, 08:05:46 PM
I've already got an evil idea involving this. She wouldn't be a wraith though. Little scary situation for the player involved.  >:)

>:) >:) I can't wait to see! Sounds absolutely devious!

Quote from: FarFetched on September 05, 2016, 08:19:51 PM
"Oh, well, you should try." *Pompous hairflip, followed by a diva pose* "I love it when people tell me how awesome I am."

Hehe, I really am glad he's a home-run though; thank you kindly~! I think he'll be lots of fun to play.

I'll shower you with compliments any day, gurl! Let me know anything you may need from me to make your monster's dreams come true in this game!

Quote from: Amelita on September 05, 2016, 09:42:08 PM
Bookmarking.

You know what I'm thinking, Rel.

<3

<3  I'm so excited for your idea. It's terrifying and beautiful at the same time. I really think she should be a Knowing character. We could work out a connection to my Dean of the University, if you'd like?

@ Sun Wukong:

I'm super excited to read your character thread! I'm going to catch up on a few work things and then I'll be diving into the realm of darkness that is your character sheet.

Rel Mayer

One Thing:

I see everyone is thrilled to make monsters, which is wonderful! For those of you who are looking to play Knowing, Main Characters, Victims... please chime in! I don't mind NPCing a lot of victims and I'll have a main character for monsters to torment (as well as my Dean if monsters begin to turn on her), but I also don't want to be the only one playing humans.

Haha! But no worries either way. I'll find a way to balance, I was just throwing out a small advertisement for it.