Various Systems Interest Check (NC/System)

Started by PixelatedPixie, October 01, 2018, 03:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

I have a long list of systems I would like to play, none of which seem particularly common here.  So I thought I might try to organize one or two small (2-3 players), probably relatively simple, group games.  I didn't want to create a thread for each as I don't necessarily expect interest in any of them  :P so this is something of an interest check for multiple ideas to see if I can even get anything going.

I am willing to run a game or two, depending on what system and other details.  However I won't be going with who posts first or is most vocal, but rather I want to organize something that speaks to me and the players involved.  I am sure I can come up with ideas for any of the systems, but am also open to suggestions for plots/focuses.  I would also like to play in any of the systems, if someone else was willing to run it. 

I would want a posting rate of at least once per week, and preferably a couple of times a week. 

I would want to include a relatively decent amount of smut, and would be focusing on non-con.  So players would need to be comfortable with that.  However whether it is somehow the focus of the game, or is entirely at the whim of the dice, I am open to discussion on.

System List
This is in no particular order. 

Cold and Dark
I like the setting.

CthulhuTech (with some house rules)
As above, though the rules are a bit wonky at times.

Cypher (Predation, Unmasked, Gods of the Fall)
I really like the secondary campaign settings, not so much a fan of Numenera and the Strange.

End of the World (created characters)
Zombies, Aliens, or something else could all be fun.

Fear Itself 2E
It seems like an interesting system.

Maid
Harder for non-con, but I'm a sucker for the concept.

Masks New Generation
I don't entirely feel like I get the system in some ways, but at the same time I do like it. 

Hunter: The Vigil (Chronicles of Darkness)
I am more familiar with the original nWoD core book, but I always liked Hunter especially at the non-Compact/Conspiracy level.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20A
I'm a sucker for Pentex, Fomori, and Black Spiral Dancers.  It has been a long time since I played anything in the setting though.

Demon: The Fallen
I really enjoyed the setting.

Rifts Ultimate
I have never played it, much patience will be required, but it seems interesting.

Savage Worlds (Deadlands Reloaded, Achtung Cthulhu, East Texas University)
A bunch of settings I like, or just modern/super could be fun too.

Shadow of the Demon Lord (Godless)
I think I got it in a bundle.  It seems fun.  The post-apoc expansion book is also interesting.

Star Trek Adventures
I'm a sucker for Star Trek.  It would obviously be a bit darker, but they seem to be pushing things that way anyway.  :P

Starfinder
Nothing I've tried with this (as GM or player) has really worked out, but I like the idea.

Wrath and Glory
I picked it up on a whim, I'm not hugely familiar with the changes they've made to 40k's universe, but it seems fun. 

Witcher
I haven't played the games or read the books as much as I should have to run it... but still tempted.

Mutants and Masterminds 3E
I struggle with the system, but crave supers.

So if you are interested in something with any of the systems, and I haven't managed to scare you off in this thread or elsewhere, please post!  Discussion and suggestions welcome!

ChaoticSky

Cthulhutech (tagers, parapsychics): love the setting, love the ideas it gives me, hate the system and the metaplot.
Wrath and Glory (high tier): Got it, but i've not played it. Somewhat eager to see of Dark Heresy's successor lives up to the legacy. Tech Priest or Psyker probably.

Conundrum

If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

TheKhan

Kolbrandr

Was there something you had in mind supers wise? Were you looking to play or run there?

PixelatedPixie

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 01, 2018, 04:35:04 PM
Cthulhutech (tagers, parapsychics): love the setting, love the ideas it gives me, hate the system and the metaplot.
Wrath and Glory (high tier): Got it, but i've not played it. Somewhat eager to see of Dark Heresy's successor lives up to the legacy. Tech Priest or Psyker probably.

They did seem to make a few mistakes in the system  :-\

Quote from: Kolbrandr on October 01, 2018, 11:16:23 PM
Was there something you had in mind supers wise? Were you looking to play or run there?

I am open to playing, but I am looking to find one or two to GM.  I don't really have anything in mind supers wise.

Kolbrandr

I would actually be thrilled with a chance to play supers and someone else running. M&M 3e is a bit rough for things like how expensive it makes buying skills compared to previous editions (I tended to prefer 2e) but I can work with it.

I guess I would say my interests there aren't really in the pl 10 150 games (or even lower) that kinda proliferate across pbp. I've always wanted to play around in the higher scale "you are the Avengers or JLA tier heroes of your setting" type premises.

TFcommando

Definitely up for M&M 3e and would gladly help with the mechanical end of things.  There are lots of fun approaches for supers at various power levels and I have a ton of character ideas.

I enjoy the Tagers and Engel pilots in Cthulhutech.  They're releasing a new edition soon, splitting it up into different tiers... the Tager-focused one is coming first.

Have you thought about trying Savage Worlds Rifts?  The Savage Worlds system is much, much smoother than the Palladium system and character creation is set up to make everyone feel powerful or useful.  "Normal" character types without magic, mecha or cybernetics start at the Seasoned level, for instance.

Starfinder is fun, definitely up for that. 

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

ChaoticSky

Quote from: TFcommando on October 02, 2018, 05:51:27 PMI enjoy the Tagers and Engel pilots in Cthulhutech.  They're releasing a new edition soon, splitting it up into different tiers... the Tager-focused one is coming first.

Sadly, this is just a cash grab. They arnt changing the system, or the metaplot (which are the two things that ruined the first edition). What they needed was better integration, not less and the new books are not going to have any new content. Same Tagers with the same powers and the same backstory you already got, just with a few Errata-level mechanical tweaks. And they expect you to pay money for it.

PixelatedPixie

So the interest so far is (I think):

CthulhuTech: 1 (maybe 2?)
Wrath and Glory: 1 (maybe 2?)
Hunter: (maybe 1?)
M&M3E: 2
Starfinder: 1

Quote from: Kolbrandr on October 02, 2018, 02:25:11 AM
I would actually be thrilled with a chance to play supers and someone else running. M&M 3e is a bit rough for things like how expensive it makes buying skills compared to previous editions (I tended to prefer 2e) but I can work with it.

I guess I would say my interests there aren't really in the pl 10 150 games (or even lower) that kinda proliferate across pbp. I've always wanted to play around in the higher scale "you are the Avengers or JLA tier heroes of your setting" type premises.

My only concern with going higher is that I am really not an expert on the system, and would have less and less in the way of pre-gen stuff to fall back on. 

Quote from: TFcommando on October 02, 2018, 05:51:27 PM
Have you thought about trying Savage Worlds Rifts?  The Savage Worlds system is much, much smoother than the Palladium system and character creation is set up to make everyone feel powerful or useful.  "Normal" character types without magic, mecha or cybernetics start at the Seasoned level, for instance.

I have it, but I am loathe to abandon the Rifts books I have.  It is on my list for one I'd like to play, but probably not GM at the moment.

Isengrad

I was hoping you would have Anima Beyond Fantasy up there, have been having a craving for that latly. but of the ones you do have, I like the look of starfinder and I think I've Made somehting in M&M3...know i certainly did 2. But I think I can do lodestone there as well

original artwork by karabiner

TFcommando

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on October 03, 2018, 02:41:23 PM

My only concern with going higher is that I am really not an expert on the system, and would have less and less in the way of pre-gen stuff to fall back on. 

The Ronin Army forum has a board where people post their character write ups from all sorts of sources... you could find almost anyone you need there.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Voidknight

I'd say I'm a sucker for werewoof. I'm curious about Starfinder but lack rules, ah- I note there is an srd. I could be game for Starfinder.

Kolbrandr

Ah, honestly I wouldn't want to push you to run something you're not really feeling up to running then. I would say that there are supplements like Rogues Gallery that stat out a lot of characters, and things like the DCU hero and villain supplements as far as collections of stat blocks to grab for stuff but that might be more reading than you really want to deal with at that.

Conundrum

So the interest so far is (I think):

CthulhuTech: 1 (maybe 2?)
Wrath and Glory: 1 (maybe 2?)
Hunter: (maybe 1?)
M&M3E: 2
Starfinder: 1

I have it, but I am loathe to abandon the Rifts books I have.  It is on my list for one I'd like to play, but probably not GM at the moment.

If I am one of the maybes I vote for Wrath and Glory (WanG)
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Hunter

If I ever get my Rifts campaign re-written to account for the changes in Ultimate....*shrugs*

I've never played M&M myself so I would be interested in trying that or Starfinder.

TFcommando

A Starfinder concept I'd like to play in is inspired by Dirty Pair or Gold Digger.  Two or three girls with a ship, acting as special agents for the law/some corporation or else just treasure hunting throughout space, going from planet to planet, getting fucked for fun and on the job!  They'd get into trouble and back out again with wits, powers and sex appeal, depending.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Chanticleer

On that list, the ones that hold the most interest for me would be CthulhuTech, Deadlands Reloaded, and Starfinder.

As mentioned, CthulhuTech is neck deep in problems, but I figure a good GM/group could work it out, particularly if everyone is on the same page (I like the Tager page, myself). I have no experience with the other two, but I'd like to...
My current O/os (need work)

PixelatedPixie

I might give a CthulhuTech Tager/Eldritch Society game a try as GM, though I'll have to think of a plot.  If you are interested and/or have ideas please let me know, if not, apologies that I don't feel up to some of the other systems at the moment!

TFcommando

Wouldn’t an NC game with Tagers be tricky, since nothing can stop a Tager from turning into an unstoppable killing machine at will?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

PixelatedPixie

Ancient Enemies has an item or two (page 133).  I might modify it slightly, a collar instead of a spike or something, but it is possible by the rules to stop them from shifting.

Farencius

Is there any system in particular you like more than the others? I've never done M&M before but it looks fun.