A Marvel Universe Of Our Own! (Interest Check Mutant & Mastermind Variant)

Started by Norsegod1839, December 04, 2017, 11:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Greetings! If you are reading this I hope all is well and you are having a good day! I thank you for taking the time to look at my thread and hopefully this interest you.

So what am I looking to do? Well in the most basic sense I was thinking of spinning off our own version of the Marvel Universe.

What does this mean? Well comics books are a multiverse. You know earth 616, the ultimate universe ect. So our universe would be our corner of the marvel multiverse basically. Our own versions of popular characters and our own relationships and naughty adventures.

The thread would start with Kang the conqueror coming to this universe because there have been no avengers team formed. The coming of Kang would force our heroes to come together and form the avengers. From there we can do spin off missions and the like! Also if you want to join as a one off hero that's fine to you don't need to join the avengers team.

Any super hero character idea is welcome! I would like to get a good mix of classic heroes with new origins and also original characters.  I also don't mind you doing crazy new origins for original characters! If you want some kind of gender bent Thor who wields a electric sword then that's fine! I just ask for several things.

1. To have a good reason for doing what you do to the character
2. This be a good mix of story and smut (Ir if you're just here to have sex then look on!)

I've never done a traditional DM DnD type setting. One of my biggest regrets is that I have never gotten a chance to really do a dice type role playing game. So while I am unfortunately a newbie to it I would love to maybe bring in those elements to the thread! However that would require partnering with someone who is more knowledgeable about that stuff. I don't mind doing it without a dice based system or something akin to that but also wouldn't mind the other..

So if making your own versions of marvel characters and creating a unique universe in the marvel appeals to you let me know! I am primarily interested in garnering interest so if you are comment on this thread!

Thank you for your time

Aaron

Kolbrandr

If you're looking for a system for supers, Mutants and Masterminds tends to be pretty solid for that as far as being able to express a bunch of different concepts and abilities, easy to use in play without characters feeling samey https://mutantsandmasterminds.com/ A lot of people are familiar with it, so advertising for a co-gm that knows it shouldn't be that hard, in theory.

Icons is also pretty popular, but given how it handles character creation and powers, it's less capable of making particular characters in my own experience. https://greenroninstore.com/products/icons-superpowered-roleplaying-the-assembled-edition

Not wanting to run or join or anything, just offering suggestions since you seem to be interested in that sort of thing.

Yurie

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Kolbrandr on December 04, 2017, 03:09:33 PM
If you're looking for a system for supers, Mutants and Masterminds tends to be pretty solid for that as far as being able to express a bunch of different concepts and abilities, easy to use in play without characters feeling samey https://mutantsandmasterminds.com/ A lot of people are familiar with it, so advertising for a co-gm that knows it shouldn't be that hard, in theory.

Icons is also pretty popular, but given how it handles character creation and powers, it's less capable of making particular characters in my own experience. https://greenroninstore.com/products/icons-superpowered-roleplaying-the-assembled-edition

Not wanting to run or join or anything, just offering suggestions since you seem to be interested in that sort of thing.

Thanks man! I will look at those for recommendations! I have not done any dice based role playing at all so I am a bit nervous at including it! At the same time it is something I have really REALLY been interested in doing so I am prepared to dip my toes into the water on it!

Elf

This looks interesting. So I guess I will the first to express a solid interest in joining. I already have an original character in mind. It's an adaptation of a character I created for "Champions" a tabletop, pen, paper, and dice superhero RPG.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Elf on December 07, 2017, 08:48:05 PM
This looks interesting. So I guess I will the first to express a solid interest in joining. I already have an original character in mind. It's an adaptation of a character I created for "Champions" a tabletop, pen, paper, and dice superhero RPG.

Welcome aboard Elf!

Elf

BlackStone

Out there for download is the old TSR Marvel Superhero RPG (the old FASERIP) system.  Its fairly flexible and fast system.  You can tailor character generation to the type of campaign you are wanting to run from street level to full on cosmic. 

Norsegod1839

Quote from: BlackStone on December 10, 2017, 04:40:09 PM
Out there for download is the old TSR Marvel Superhero RPG (the old FASERIP) system.  Its fairly flexible and fast system.  You can tailor character generation to the type of campaign you are wanting to run from street level to full on cosmic.

I will have to give that a look! Are you interested Blackstone?

BlackStone

For another system other then Mutants and Mastermind (DC Adventures).  I found at times the character generation did not match the PL levels at all on Heroes/Villains, and a lack of explanation of the use of some powers and their stunts.  It was enough to annoy the hell out of me, and how the stats translated into real world descriptions, such as heroes with the strength to lift 1000 tons.  I always liked marvel a bit better where they grounded some of their heroes a bit, such as the Hulk normally only is able to lift/press 80 tons unless he is in a rage, and then he starts moving into the 100 ton, and then 250 ton range.  I will admit when it comes to games involving heroes, I am extremely biased to the old FASERIP.

keyotess

I am interested but for character generation, I would advise against the old Marvel TSR game, it is too random in character generation and the rules are not well edited.  I have tried GM'ing it in the past.  It also ran into the the problem of rock, paper, scissors game. This character is great against this type of opponent but paper-maiche against another type of opponent.  To create a villain to challenge one character, and the villain would massacre half of the rest of the characters.

Champions is the best RP system but character creation is more complicated and takes more time.  M&M is probably the second best of the systems I have played.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

BlackStone

The original way they did character generation was indeed a mixed bag and completely random and you either ended up with under powered with powers you did not want, or overpowered.  We got around this with a point buy system.  Street level characters you had 360 points. Stats and base power ranks were a 1 per 1.  If you wanted In 40 Fighting, you put forth 40 points.  Established power stunts were 1/2 cost.  Example for Ice Generation you wanted the power stunt of creating ice constructs with Rm 30 hardness, you spent 15 points.  Powers which normally cost two power slots (Regeneration, Power Duplication, Teleportation to name a few) cost double points.  Talents were 10 points each, again two talent slot talents (Marksmanship) cost twenty.  For street level we capped any one ability or power at In 40, and if you had a stat or power at In 40, you had to take a limitation.

From this you can ramp up or down, merely state what the point buy is.  Avengers or X-Men level characters were about the 380-400 range, capping out one power or ability at Mn 75 and one at Am 50, or three powers or abilities at Am 50.  If you took the Mn 75 route, you needed a significant limitation.  There were other little things to put in, but it worked out very well and gave everyone a chance to build their heroes around a concept in their mind, and players were all on the same playing field, and not ending up with one player with a hero with stats like one of the Power Pack kids where one punch did them in, and another player getting a Thor like character.

As far as villains wiping out half the party, the main Marvel villains were designed for them to be able to take on an entire team of heroes.  Look back at the comics.  Doctor Doom, Magneto, Ultron, Graviton, Kang the Conqueror.  They were either uber powered and could hand any one single hero their ass, or had waves after endless waves of henchmen to toss after the heroes.  Admittedly the only real flaw I ever encountered with the system was it was geared for the age 12-14 bracket, and to allow these kids to play their favorite comic book heroes.  As such combat heavily favored offense, which if you went back through comic books, and even the Marvel cinematic movies, how often did Captain America miss when he had his shield hit several different targets?  When playing heroes, it was only natural for said heroes to accomplish what the player wanted them to do.  This flaw I found was fixed with the Advanced rules, adding in more combat defense options, and the Ultimate Talents adding in more combat style talents,  Add in the GM adjusting the difficulty of rolls and the game, and don't allow karma to be spent to modify dice rolls and you had yourself an interesting and nail biter type game.

Admittedly I never played Champions, never read any of the material for it.  It likely is as Keyotess says and be more along the lines of what you are looking for in a stat heavy, dice driven type game.  All I can say is I have played Marvel and Mutants and Masterminds and to me, found Marvel far more flexible, and not bogged down as much with rules and needing to flip through four different sections to determine how a combat round was resolved.  They system also lent itself very well to a rules light/dice light game which most forum type games where the focus is more on the writing and role play maters far more than what the dice result was.  Normally such rolls were only reserved for places in the story where the outcome was not set along a path or in stone. 

In the end, the story and the plot is the big seller for me.  For a game with a plot which really grabs me, yes I would be willing to dust off my old M&M manuals and slog through character generation, or even try to find copies online of Champions and learn it.  This post is mainly here to give an option to consider as far as a system to use, and what I consider the positives of the system and how to make it work.  The system is very flexible and adaptable, but I also will admit the GM running the game needs to really know the system an the what to add too the game as far as supplemental rules to make the game a nice balance of fun and challenge for players.   My $1.50 (instead of $0.02) for what it is worth.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: keyotess on December 11, 2017, 12:09:17 AM
I am interested but for character generation, I would advise against the old Marvel TSR game, it is too random in character generation and the rules are not well edited.  I have tried GM'ing it in the past.  It also ran into the the problem of rock, paper, scissors game. This character is great against this type of opponent but paper-maiche against another type of opponent.  To create a villain to challenge one character, and the villain would massacre half of the rest of the characters.

Champions is the best RP system but character creation is more complicated and takes more time.  M&M is probably the second best of the systems I have played.

Welcome aboard! I have heard a bunch about this in both threads I am trying to work on and I think M&M might be the best choice? Unless you guys want to go with champions? I am the newbie in all of this so please let me know which one is better or which one you guys want to use more!

Elf

Hello, Key.

I've have no experience with M&M and like I said the character I have in mind was created for Champions. I have also never done a system RP online. I'm willing to give it a try though.

TFcommando

I’m a long-time Champions fan, and MnM too.  MnM is much easier to run on a forum though.  At attacking character rolls against a fixed target number, then the target rolls to resist against a fixed target. I love sexy supers system play and will gladly help with character design.

I’m a big Marvel fan too and could do a canon character or OC.  Illyanna, Tigra and She Hulk are some favorites.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 12, 2017, 06:45:03 PM
I’m a long-time Champions fan, and MnM too.  MnM is much easier to run on a forum though.  At attacking character rolls against a fixed target number, then the target rolls to resist against a fixed target. I love sexy supers system play and will gladly help with character design.

I’m a big Marvel fan too and could do a canon character or OC.  Illyanna, Tigra and She Hulk are some favorites.

Oh man She Hulk would be awesome! I say go for that one if I am picking!

TFcommando

Forgot to mention Spiral too, an unusual choice but one with possibilities.

She Hulk is a strong contender, either Jen Walters or someone new (an OC or existing character could both be fun) getting gamma blasted and transformed.  Blue She Hulk? 😀

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 12, 2017, 06:58:38 PM
Forgot to mention Spiral too, an unusual choice but one with possibilities.

She Hulk is a strong contender, either Jen Walters or someone new (an OC or existing character could both be fun) getting gamma blasted and transformed.  Blue She Hulk? 😀

you could od Betty Ross hulk! Red Hulk!

TFcommando

Betty’s a bit tricky to do as a “new” character... a big part of being the Red She Hulk is a reaction to being Bruce Banner’s lover and all the crazy and awful things that happened to her and now she’s free of that, free to act out.  Angry.

Jen (or someone else) was repressed and inhibited and is now free to have a good time.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 12, 2017, 07:08:23 PM
Betty’s a bit tricky to do as a “new” character... a big part of being the Red She Hulk is a reaction to being Bruce Banner’s lover and all the crazy and awful things that happened to her and now she’s free of that, free to act out.  Angry.

Jen (or someone else) was repressed and inhibited and is now free to have a good time.

That is true! I was offering it as a suggestion! OF course a variant of Jen works just as well! For instance I think in this universe I would love to have Tony be Toni a female!

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Muse on December 13, 2017, 02:46:26 AM
  Am I too late to express interest?

No not at all! Welcome aboard Muse! Any idea what character you want to play?

keyotess

Marvel does have the advantage of being dice lite.  :) And I never used marvel villains, always created my own villains and villainesses.

A point buy system could work. :)

I favor making an original character. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: keyotess on December 13, 2017, 09:08:14 PM
Marvel does have the advantage of being dice lite.  :) And I never used marvel villains, always created my own villains and villainesses.

A point buy system could work. :)

I favor making an original character. :)

We can do original as well but I also want canon characters!

Let me know how a point based system works! I can definetly get behind that!

Muse

Did you settle on Mutants and MAsterminds? 

I might verry whihc way I go based on what system you do. 

i'm thinking either: 
  Ariana Flamel: grandaughter of a legendary alchemist, this up and coming magician has recently begun an email corespondance iwth the Sorcerer Supreme. 

Gabriel Bordelon: A handsome and muscular young man and perspiring writer, this mutant can tap into the collective creativity of humanity and solidify it into weapons and armor...  But he can be pained and even injured by the damaging of books in his vicinity! 

Peny Thrace, a cheerful young mutant with extraordinary psychokinetic power over copper. 

If your'e really short on Cannons, I could try Nightcrawler, Storm, or even Psylocke. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Muse on December 13, 2017, 10:07:32 PM
  Did you settle on Mutants and MAsterminds? 

I might verry whihc way I go based on what system you do. 

i'm thinking either: 
  Ariana Flamel: grandaughter of a legendary alchemist, this up and coming magician has recently begun an email corespondance iwth the Sorcerer Supreme. 

Gabriel Bordelon: A handsome and muscular young man and perspiring writer, this mutant can tap into the collective creativity of humanity and solidify it into weapons and armor...  But he can be pained and even injured by the damaging of books in his vicinity! 

Peny Thrace, a cheerful young mutant with extraordinary psychokinetic power over copper. 

If your'e really short on Cannons, I could try Nightcrawler, Storm, or even Psylocke.

No one has to play a canon if they do not want to! If you want to do original characters then by all means go ahead!

And yeah Mutant and Masterminds is the system we are using!

TFcommando

Another canon possibility for me is Nico Minoru from Runaways, at a point where she has mastered some magic without the Staff.  The limited nature of the Staff of One could be done as a Variable power and a Complication like "Already Used That Spell."  Or even Unreliable, a 50/50 chance if she has a word she can use or not.

An OC I've wanted to do is the daughter of Hercules, a dry, bookish goth girl whose demigoddess nature (with super strength, durability and monster-fighting skill) awakens when some monster starts trashing the mall she's at and she kicks its butt.  So very much the opposite of her father (when he's around) and of the typical brick.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Muse

That daughter of herculese sounds awesome TF! 

Maybe if you apply with her I'll offer up Ariana? 

Are we using the traditional starting power level?  (10?)  Or since we're forming the Avengers for this time line, would 12 be more apropriate? 

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 14, 2017, 12:49:06 AM
Another canon possibility for me is Nico Minoru from Runaways, at a point where she has mastered some magic without the Staff.  The limited nature of the Staff of One could be done as a Variable power and a Complication like "Already Used That Spell."  Or even Unreliable, a 50/50 chance if she has a word she can use or not.

An OC I've wanted to do is the daughter of Hercules, a dry, bookish goth girl whose demigoddess nature (with super strength, durability and monster-fighting skill) awakens when some monster starts trashing the mall she's at and she kicks its butt.  So very much the opposite of her father (when he's around) and of the typical brick.

Both of those ideas sound awesome TF! I say do both if you want to! And you feel you can do both!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Muse on December 14, 2017, 01:11:24 AM
  That daughter of herculese sounds awesome TF! 

Maybe if you apply with her I'll offer up Ariana? 

Are we using the traditional starting power level?  (10?)  Or since we're forming the Avengers for this time line, would 12 be more apropriate?

Muse it's whatever you guys feel is more applicable! I myself am new to the DnD stuff and this kind of thing so even though I am the one who opened the thread I am going to ask you guys a lot about these kind of decisions! The goal being to create the best thread possible!

Elf

As I said earlier I'm not familiar with the MnM system. How would a character created in Champions at the 300 point level relate here and convert?

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Elf on December 14, 2017, 11:56:20 AM
As I said earlier I'm not familiar with the MnM system. How would a character created in Champions at the 300 point level relate here and convert?

That's a good question Elf! And one I am honestly not sure of? I hate to sound like such a newb but I am also new to these systems! If you guys want to do the champions one that is fine to! My only desire is to go without a system thats relatively easy to learn and everyone can pikc up on.

Elf

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 14, 2017, 12:08:37 PM
That's a good question Elf! And one I am honestly not sure of? I hate to sound like such a newb but I am also new to these systems! If you guys want to do the champions one that is fine to! My only desire is to go without a system thats relatively easy to learn and everyone can pikc up on.

Thank you, I realized you would not have the answer. I'm hoping somebody with knowledge of both systems would have that answer.

TFcommando

Quote from: Elf on December 14, 2017, 11:56:20 AM

Shouldn’t be too hard.  A lot of MnM powers are just Champions ones with the cost divided by 5.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Muse

Mabye this will help a little?  It refrences a lot of Freedom City cannon characters, but if you think around that it should give thematic adivce: 

MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS POWER LEVELS
   Heroes in Mutants & Masterminds cover a diverse range of power levels, from the first costumed adventurers of the Golden Age, who relied solely on their skills and a few gimmicks (and modern vigilantes of the mean streets, who do much the same), to the greatest protectors of the world, who take on cosmic threats on a regular basis. The following are some common power levels and starting power point values suitable for different M&M games:

POWER LEVEL 8 - MASKED ADVENTURERS
   This power level fits the “Mystery Men” era of the Golden Age of comic books, as well as for teams of mostly non-powered adventurers: heroes who rely more on their skills and wits (and maybe a few gadgets) rather than amazing powers. The suggested starting value of 120 power points creates well-rounded heroes at this level, particularly if the emphasis is on skills and advantages—and maybe a power or two—rather than a lot of powers. Think Dr. Tomorrow and Foreshadow rather than Captain Thunder and Daedalus. A higher starting power point total allows for more diverse capabilities within the same limits.  Heroes at this level often focus more on skill than sheer damage output, often having fighting skills in the 10–12 range, but commensurately lower damage and effect ranks (using just their fists or small arms).

POWER LEVEL 10 - SUPER HEROES
   The suggested starting power level for Mutants & Masterminds suits mature and experienced “adventurers” of the previous level along with a wide range of younger or focused superhumans. This is the power level of the Sentinels, characters like Bowman and Seven, and a great many of other heroes. It’s also good for powerful, but relatively inexperienced heroes like Megastar when he first joined the Next-Gen.
   Power level 10 heroes may have a balance of attack and effect, defense and resistance, or may go for being stronger on one side than the other, having great combat skill, but comparatively limited damage, for example, or great Toughness, but lowered defenses.

POWER LEVEL 12 - BIG LEAGUES
   Power level 12 is where you find many of the members of the current Freedom League: Daedalus, Lady Liberty, and the Raven, to name a few. They are “senior” heroes, usually with considerable capabilities (and, often, experience). Those lacking superhuman powers (such as the Raven) have amazing levels of skill and resources to draw upon while the superhuman types are often among the most capable in their particular area, often worthy of titles like “King” and “World’s Greatest”.  In areas where power level 12 heroes tip the balance of their combat capabilities, they can have amazing ranks in attack (like the Raven’s Close Combat skill) or defense (like Daedalus’ Toughness). 

POWER LEVEL 14 - WORLD-PROTECTORS
   Heroes at this level are closing in on the power levels of the paragons of the Freedom City Universe like Centurion and Eldrich. They are largely capable of ignoring lesser concerns and tend to focus on “big picture” problems like alien invasions and world-conquerors along with natural disasters (although they may still handle some of the “small stuff” as well).  This is the level of the “heavy-hitters” of the Freedom League.

Elf

Thank you.

Looks like based on these levels the character I have in mind created in Champions would fit into Power Level 12. Has some powers but truly high combat skills with a high potential for dishing out damage. His durability is on the low end for supers, his best defense is he is really hard to hit. Couple that with the amount of damage he can dish out he was labeled as the tank killer.

TFcommando

Quote from: Elf on December 15, 2017, 08:06:20 AM
Thank you.

Looks like based on these levels the character I have in mind created in Champions would fit into Power Level 12. Has some powers but truly high combat skills with a high potential for dishing out damage. His durability is on the low end for supers, his best defense is he is really hard to hit. Couple that with the amount of damage he can dish out he was labeled as the tank killer.

Taking out a tank is easy enough at PL10.  A "regular" damage 10 attack, the standard at PL10, with the Power Attack feat will reliably take out a tank in one shot.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Elf

Quote from: TFcommando on December 15, 2017, 12:47:17 PM
Taking out a tank is easy enough at PL10.  A "regular" damage 10 attack, the standard at PL10, with the Power Attack feat will reliably take out a tank in one shot.

Well by tank I and the other players that started calling him the tank killer, meant "brick", very high defense and strong villain. In those games it became rather common if the party's strong man could just exchange blows with the evil counterpart all day we would do an opponent switch. If PL10 is good enough though I'm not arguing.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 15, 2017, 12:47:17 PM

TF did you ever decide who you were going to be?

TFcommando

Quote from: Elf on December 15, 2017, 06:23:03 PM
Well by tank I and the other players that started calling him the tank killer, meant "brick", very high defense and strong villain. In those games it became rather common if the party's strong man could just exchange blows with the evil counterpart all day we would do an opponent switch. If PL10 is good enough though I'm not arguing.

The PL system is used to balance things between characters, so you can make a character good at taking on other tough characters without issue.

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 15, 2017, 06:30:39 PM
TF did you ever decide who you were going to be?

This one's even harder than the DC one!

So far I've got:
Spiral (Less corrupt than usual, perhaps more recently-changed or having an epiphany)
Tigra
She-Hulk
An OC brick powered up to Amazonian proportions, or even growth ones.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Nico Minoru
Illyana Rasputin/Magik/Darkchylde
Skullcracker/Heartbreaker, the goth-y daughter of Hercules

Hmm, Spiral and Illyana both have time and space moving powers.  One of them might have gotten wind of Kang's attack or saw the future where he ran rampant and then pulled this group of Avengers to do fight him, as an origin story.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

One thing I was wondering about... is this more of a "New" Marvel Universe, without any established teams or much "current" superhero history, or is there some history with other super teams, FF, X-Men and such existing for a while, and there just happened to be no Avengers until the PCs form them?

Several of my canon choices have a fair amount of (convoluted!) backstory, which would be a bit harder to work in if it was the former, and that's hard to shoehorn in.

Two more OCs:

A scantily-clad power armor type, a suit without much to it... a small backpack and arms/shoulders, with a force field for protection, and only a thong down below.  Maybe the arms morph into different weapons.  A sort of high tech version of Witchblade.  Perhaps a mix of human and recovered alien tech to explain why it's different from normal armored suits.

EDIT: Even better, a fragment Kang-tech that he left in the distant past, or the recent past as a seed for his invasion, again giving a connection to what's coming and a reason to form the Avengers.

A wind witch.  Picture Sabrina the Teenage Witch becoming a superhero, and having a primary focus on wind magics... riding a broom and everything, and passing it off as "normal" superpowers so she can practice her otherwise-secret witchcraft right in front of everyone.

Mulling over how to make Nico more accessible too.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 17, 2017, 12:32:54 AM
One thing I was wondering about... is this more of a "New" Marvel Universe, without any established teams or much "current" superhero history, or is there some history with other super teams, FF, X-Men and such existing for a while, and there just happened to be no Avengers until the PCs form them?

Several of my canon choices have a fair amount of (convoluted!) backstory, which would be a bit harder to work in if it was the former, and that's hard to shoehorn in.

Two more OCs:

A scantily-clad power armor type, a suit without much to it... a small backpack and arms/shoulders, with a force field for protection, and only a thong down below.  Maybe the arms morph into different weapons.  A sort of high tech version of Witchblade.  Perhaps a mix of human and recovered alien tech to explain why it's different from normal armored suits.

EDIT: Even better, a fragment Kang-tech that he left in the distant past, or the recent past as a seed for his invasion, again giving a connection to what's coming and a reason to form the Avengers.

A wind witch.  Picture Sabrina the Teenage Witch becoming a superhero, and having a primary focus on wind magics... riding a broom and everything, and passing it off as "normal" superpowers so she can practice her otherwise-secret witchcraft right in front of everyone.

Mulling over how to make Nico more accessible too.

It's a brand new universe of our own! So the histories and how much each team has been formed is entirely ours to make!

TFcommando

I'm going with the scanty power armor character, a tech- and all-around genius who discovered a super-advanced Kang weapon in ancient ruins, worked out its secrets and modified it into a powered battle suit.  Just not MUCH of a suit... it covers her arms and shoulders, the top half of her breasts and a little of her back, and that's it!  There's a small plate covering her pussy from the front, but nothing else can be worn with the force field the suit emits.  Think "Kill la Kill" style.

So, when the suit started showing a "recall" signal, she knew someone powerful and threatening was approaching and started/help start the Avengers to deal with it.  Sexually, she was repressed, or suppressed, putting all her efforts into her studies and research.  But now she's a scantily-clad superhero (even for superheroes) and is starting to explore what she's been missing out on.

Power-wise, she's a blaster-type, with a Variable Descriptor ranged damage attack and several different area effect ones and a Move Object tractor beam, but no close combat attacks.  Strong Impervious Protection and the usual flight and life support. 

I've got the sheet nearly done, the tricky part is coming up with a good name.  And a face claim, someone Japanese.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Elf

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 17, 2017, 11:46:16 AM
I'm going with the scanty power armor character, a tech- and all-around genius who discovered a super-advanced Kang weapon in ancient ruins, worked out its secrets and modified it into a powered battle suit.  Just not MUCH of a suit... it covers her arms and shoulders, the top half of her breasts and a little of her back, and that's it!  There's a small plate covering her pussy from the front, but nothing else can be worn with the force field the suit emits.  Think "Kill la Kill" style.

So, when the suit started showing a "recall" signal, she knew someone powerful and threatening was approaching and started/help start the Avengers to deal with it.  Sexually, she was repressed, or suppressed, putting all her efforts into her studies and research.  But now she's a scantily-clad superhero (even for superheroes) and is starting to explore what she's been missing out on.

Power-wise, she's a blaster-type, with a Variable Descriptor ranged damage attack and several different area effect ones and a Move Object tractor beam, but no close combat attacks.  Strong Impervious Protection and the usual flight and life support. 

I've got the sheet nearly done, the tricky part is coming up with a good name.  And a face claim, someone Japanese.

Sounds good! Looking forward to seeing it TF!

Muse

Ditto!  I love her allready. 

I'd like to start building Ariana but don't know wehter to make her PL 10 or 12. 

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Muse on December 18, 2017, 05:13:25 AM
  Ditto!  I love her allready. 

I'd like to start building Ariana but don't know wehter to make her PL 10 or 12.

Pl10 is what I'd shoot for

TFcommando

I always feel I can fiddle with backstory and description stuff more, but here we go, the heroine in the revealing power armor, Daibuster.

Daibuster

Daibuster

PL 10  150 points

Attributes 30  PP
Strength 0
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 5
Stamina 0 (8)
Dexterity 0
Intellect 10
Presence 0

Defenses 11 PP
2 Dodge  2/8
2 Parry  2/6
2 Fort 2/10
- Tough. 0 (12)
5 Will 10

Beam Weapons +8 to hit/12 damage
Gatling Laser +12 to hit/8 damage

Skills: 10 PP 20 points

Expertise (Science) 5 (+15)
Expertise (Everything else) 0/10
Insight  0/5
Investigation 0/10
Perception 5 (+10)
Technology 10 (+20)
Treatment 0/10

Advantages 8 PP
Eidetic Memory
Equipment 2
Improved Initiative 1
Inventor
Jack of All Trades
Skill Mastery  (Technology)
Ultimate Effort (Technology)

Powers  91 CP

1 Tech Genius - Quickness 3 Technology Tasks Only

90 Daibuster Powersuit - Removable

33 Weapon Systems
*Beam Weapons Ranged Damage 12 Variable Descriptor 1 (energy weapons) Extended Range 1 Accurate 4  (30)
*Gatling Laser Ranged Damage 8 Multishot, Accurate 6 (30)
*Plasma Cannon Ranged Damage Burst 10 (30)
*Tractor Beam Move Object 10 Perception (30)

32 Gravitic Barrier System - Protection 4, Enhanced Stamina 8,  Impervious Toughness 12

14 Combat Computer - Enhanced Dodge 6, Enhanced Parry 4, Enhanced Advantage 2 Precise Attack 2 Ranged Cover & Concealment, Agile Feint, Move-By Attack

20 Gravity Driver Flight 10

9 Immunity 10 Life Support – Still Needs to Eat/drink -1

3 Holographic HUD Senses 3 Low-Light vision, Extended Vision 2

1 Temporal Anchor- Feature 1 Temporal Inertia

1 Morphing- Feature  Instant Change

Equipment
Secret Lab.  10 EP
Size Medium  1 Toughness 6 -
Concealed, Computer, Laboratory, Workshop, Security System, Power System, Fire Prevention System, Living Space, Library

Complications:

Motivation – Doing Good.  It's just the right thing to do!

Secret- Identity Maki keeps her identity  as a superhero a secret for the usual reasons, and some others unique to her.

Quirk – Curiosity  It's hard for her to resist a puzzle or connundrum! 

Enemy – High-tech villains  AIM and many solo tech villains would like to get ahold of Daibuster.  And her suit, to uncover its secrets.

Fame/infamy – The exposed nature of her appearance has made her a divisive public figure.  She has many fans but doesn't get invited public events often.

Makiko Izumi

Makiko Izumi is a polymath in her early 20s with multiple degrees and even more interests.  She combined two of her passions, technology and ancient history to invent a high definition ground-penetrating radar.  While putting this to use to research Mesopotamian ruins in Iran, she uncovered something that changed her life, and perhaps the future.  Buried among the ruins, untouched for 5,000 years was a gun.  A weapon advanced beyond all civilization with a computer more powerful than a supercomputer and a power output beyond belief.   

She'd been working on it in her tent for days, getting lost in what she was learning.  It was clearly made on Earth, the binary code and English-derived operating system proved that much.  It could morph its size and shape, acting as a mounted weapon or a handgun for people six to 12 feet tall.  Something mass-produced and able to configure to a wide variety of users and purposes.  The implications were staggering.  It was then that a group of mercenary villains attacked the camp.  One of the local diggers had taken a picture of the gun and sold it to someone who was willing to pay to have it for themselves.

Bullets flying through her tent broke Maki from her disassembly of the gun.  Working quickly, she got the weapon back together and working, finding it configured into a set of arm-mounted blasters.  A force field engaged around her just as more bullets cut through her tent.  While the newly-configured suit wasn't very modest, it was quite powerful and she took out the attackers.

She realized this weapon was a threat from the future, one that might come again, and she had a way to fight it.  And do good in general.   Also that the suit's settings had been locked in... the suit was able to change between a small, inert necklace or the very exposed “armor,” despite her best efforts. 

The Daibuster suit, as she named it, had rounded shoulder pods and articulated gloves with a thick module running the length of each forearm, connected across her collarbone and back  Pentagonal plates covered the top half of her breasts, just barely hiding her nipples.  A compact pack on her upper back helps connect the two arms from behind.  A triangle smaller than her hand goes over her sex, a last-minute addition she made when the suit was forming around her that first time.  A holographic HUD projected from a shoulder doubles as a mask across her eyes.  No shoes, her ass completely exposed.    Any sort of clothes or covering are completely incompatible with the gravitic barrier, much to her chagrin.  The field provides full environmental protection and may be a clothing replacement in the future it came from.  But today, Maki sacrifices her modesty every time she goes into battle... but part of her is starting to like it!  Almost as much as she likes the intellectual challenges being a superhero presents. 

The Daibuster suit was originally an ultra-tech firearm, able to shoot a wide variety of powerful energy beams.  Maki's hacks have expanded the function of the inertia-cancelling barrier into a gravitic force field stronger than a tank's armor.  It also allows for flight and remote object manipulation.  The forearms reconfigure into different energy weapons, a wide-angle plasma cannon, gatling laser, sniper laser, particle beam and more. 

Maki is a Japanese-American woman, 5'4” tall with a good-sized bust.  She favors cheap, loose clothing most of the time, as activating the Daibuster armor destroys whatever else she's wearing.  And sometimes she doesn't bother wearing clothes around the lab at all.

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

TFcommando

Thanks.  Hopefully just the right amount of sexy and not too far.  A big inspiration was Kill la Kill, but also the old manga-inspired comic Metal Bikini.

A mix of:

Ryuko for the chest covering and backpack.

Satsuki for the bottom (held in place by technology!

Original concept from Metal Bikini:

And her general look (Nude) https://www.dropbox.com/s/89e1unk48zwjt0o/hosokaa_shinobu41.jpg?dl=0

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 19, 2017, 11:28:01 AM
Thanks.  Hopefully just the right amount of sexy and not too far.  A big inspiration was Kill la Kill, but also the old manga-inspired comic Metal Bikini.

A mix of:

Ryuko for the chest covering and backpack.

Satsuki for the bottom (held in place by technology!

Original concept from Metal Bikini:

And her general look (Nude) https://www.dropbox.com/s/89e1unk48zwjt0o/hosokaa_shinobu41.jpg?dl=0

We still need to get some canon characters to! I dont mind the non canon ones but this is the actual avengers lol

TFcommando

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 19, 2017, 11:34:39 AM
We still need to get some canon characters to! I dont mind the non canon ones but this is the actual avengers lol

I'll be glad to help anyone with canon character writeups!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 19, 2017, 11:34:39 AM

Had a bit of inspiration for a canon Avenger:  A Wasp taking elements from the comics, the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon and the Ant-Man movie.  The short of it:  What if it was harder to shrink unstable molecules?  Thus, a cybernetic harness that only barely preserves modesty while allowing for shrinking, mechanical wings, sting blasts, insect control and such.  She falls out of her street clothes every time she activates it.  It's not too much of a problem being 90% naked while she's small, so that's one up on Daibuster.  :)
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 19, 2017, 03:56:13 PM
Had a bit of inspiration for a canon Avenger:  A Wasp taking elements from the comics, the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon and the Ant-Man movie.  The short of it:  What if it was harder to shrink unstable molecules?  Thus, a cybernetic harness that only barely preserves modesty while allowing for shrinking, mechanical wings, sting blasts, insect control and such.  She falls out of her street clothes every time she activates it.  It's not too much of a problem being 90% naked while she's small, so that's one up on Daibuster.  :)

If you want to do that version of Wasp you totally can! Reminds me of Susan Storm in the movies!

TFcommando

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 19, 2017, 03:58:28 PM
If you want to do that version of Wasp you totally can! Reminds me of Susan Storm in the movies!

An anniversary issue of Fantastic Four reprinted some of Stan Lee's notes for the creation of the FF and originally Sue was going to be like the HG Wells Invisible Man, fully invisible full time and using makeup to look normal, stripping off her clothes when the time came for action, with "Too racy?" written above it.

Who else do we have for characters thus far?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 19, 2017, 04:07:25 PM
An anniversary issue of Fantastic Four reprinted some of Stan Lee's notes for the creation of the FF and originally Sue was going to be like the HG Wells Invisible Man, fully invisible full time and using makeup to look normal, stripping off her clothes when the time came for action, with "Too racy?" written above it.

Who else do we have for characters thus far?

I am definitely doing Spiderman and possibly the hulk or another member of the core cast

But other than that as far as canon characters I think that is it!

TFcommando

I started working on the Wasp and found a straight up adaption of her is fun, so that's another possibility on my list.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 21, 2017, 09:49:03 AM
I started working on the Wasp and found a straight up adaption of her is fun, so that's another possibility on my list.

That works for me!

Green Goo Theory

This looks like a whole lot of fun.  Looks like Spiderman's getting taken, though.  Is it Peter or another one?  Is there a comprehensive list of taken characters or a list people are interested in? 
Coming soon...

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 22, 2017, 10:10:45 PM
This looks like a whole lot of fun.  Looks like Spiderman's getting taken, though.  Is it Peter or another one?  Is there a comprehensive list of taken characters or a list people are interested in?

Yeah I am taking Peter! Though thats the only canon character that has been claimed so far!

Green Goo Theory

I'll be honest about how shocked I am certain characters haven't already been scooped up.  Pete is usually one of the first but She Hulk isn't confirmed yet and I haven't seen a mention of Deadpool yet.  I haven't nailed down a classic character to play as of yet but the idea of genderbending some has come to mind.  Or, powers that genderbend if there's no issues there.  Plenty of original characters to pull from, too. 

Coming soon...

TFcommando

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 22, 2017, 10:33:56 PM
I'll be honest about how shocked I am certain characters haven't already been scooped up.  Pete is usually one of the first but She Hulk isn't confirmed yet and I haven't seen a mention of Deadpool yet.  I haven't nailed down a classic character to play as of yet but the idea of genderbending some has come to mind.  Or, powers that genderbend if there's no issues there.  Plenty of original characters to pull from, too.

Early in the New Avengers run, Ultra took over Tony Stark's armor and body, molding it into a naked version of the Wasp.  A (female) friend of mine remarked "I wish Tony had stayed that way."  And Captain America and Paladin were nearly turned into women by Superia, so the technology is clearly there, putting aside Cosmic Cubes and magic.  And that's without saying "Rule 63." :)

Wouldn't Deadpool be hard to do in a group game, since is tone is pretty far from everyone else's?

If we need more canon people, I'll go with the Wasp, but otherwise I think I'll go with Daibuster.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

If we can get a female tony stark I would love on our plot points to be her and Steve falling in love and being together!

Green Goo Theory

I'm good with playing canon.  I just don't know who to go with, yet.  I definitely couldn't pull any version of Tony, though.
Coming soon...

Muse

I'm still interested.  I'll write up Miss Flamel as soon as I get a chance, but I'm about to o on vacation from he 25th to the 5th. 

Green Goo Theory

With this being a relatively small group as far as interest goes so far (I know it's the holiday season) would it be more focused on something like this universe's version of the Avengers or whatever?  Basically, most of the players are all part of the same close-ish group?  Rather than having some big sandbox set up.  I apologize if this was already covered or if my writing's a bit off; I'm hopped up on a pretty crazy cocktail of medicine and alochol to combat a variety of symptoms. 

Coming soon...

Muse

I'm pretty sure the idea is to form the Avengers, Tonberry. 

Norsegod1839

It is! The idea it to form the avengers and go from there! Since they have always been mostly a small group I think that works well for the idea!

We need more canon characters though! I know you guys have your original ideas as well but I can't have just spiderman be the only canon character.

Muse

TFcommando

OK, I’ll go with the Wasp, heavily inspired by the Earths Mightiest Heroes cartoon.  Idealistic and determined, flirty and fin loving, but also a sharp businesswoman.  She sought out Hank Pym after her father died mysteriously (Kang related?) and helped him develop the Pym Particles on the financial side of things, and their powers (perhaps going off of some effect whatever killed her father had on her, explaining why she has natural energy blasts and Hank doesn’t)  We’ll say that Hank wasn’t as interested in doing superhero stuff and stayed in the lab (unless someone is game to play him, or a gender flipped one).  She could be the driving force behind the creation of the team, maybe even seeking the others out.

Still working on her look.  Definitely the EMH antenna headphones, maybe the whole outfit, possibly with bare midriff and thighs.  Or an Ultimates style top... a bare back is a must when you grow wings.  Or if unstable molecules are tricky to make, just a slingshot swimsuit!

Wasp

PL 10 150 points
Attributes 22 PP
Strength 0
Agility 4
Fighting 0
Awareness 5
Stamina 2
Dexterity 0
Intellect 0
Presence 0

Defenses 17 PP
- Dodge 4/14
4 Parry 4/14
6 Fort 8
- Tough. 2/6
7 Will 12
Wasp sting +12 to hit/8 damage

Skills: 23 PP 46 points
Expertise (Business) 8/8
Insight 7/12
Perception 3/8
Persuasion 16/16
Ranged Combat (Sting) 12/12
Stealth 0/+4 - +24 shrunk

Advantages 17
Attractive
Agile feint
Benefit 3 Millionaire
Defensive Roll 4
Fascinate persuasion
Favored Environment (flying)
Leadership
Move-By Attack
Precise Shot 2 Ranged cover, concealment
Redirect
Set-up

71 Powers
39 Shrinking 20, max level only, -1, 
5 Flight 5 Wings, linked to Shrinking, subtle
15 Wasp sting Bio-energy blast Ranged Damage 8, Split, Diminished Range 2
7 Aerobatics - Acrobatics +16 only while flying -1
2 Cybernetic headphones - Comprehend 2 Listen, talk to animals, insects only.  Feature 1 commlink.  Removable
2 enhanced advantage 3 hide in plain sight, Evasion 2 Only while shrunk -1
1 Senses 1 Microscopic vision 1, only while shrunk

Complications
Motivation - Doing good
Fame - Jan is a well-known figure in high society and old money business circles, which can cause awkwardness when she fights a slime monster in her underwear.
Enemy - Whirlwind and several other villains in the musclebound thug class have been defeated by the Wasp and hold sexist grudges over their “humiliation.”
Quirk - Jan is a serious flirt with both men and women she finds attractive
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

Quote from: Muse on December 24, 2017, 04:21:27 PM
Ariana Flamell

i have much still to do.  but I found a face claim for her!

Looks neat!  Does she have a connection to Diablo?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Green Goo Theory

Looks like we're missing out on heavies?  A Hulk/Thor/Hyperion/whatever for the team?  Not usually the role I go for since I like the challenge of being more of an under dog but this could be a really nice change of pace for me. 
Coming soon...

Norsegod1839

A hulk or thor would be great! My vote would be for either she hulk or lady thor but thats just me!

Green Goo Theory

Either one (or fem counterparts) could be fun.  I don't mind a female Thor but I definitely think I'd avoid the Foster route on that one.  Always the possibility of playing with the whole Thor/Eric Masterson/Thunderstrike arc to accomplish the genderbending.  I also have to consider ease of the build, too.  I've never used M&M before but I've seen it played.  As I understand it's still a d20 system so actually playing it shouldn't be too hard to pick up on.  Both Thor and Hulk would probably both be easier to build than any of the Superman Expies.  Comparatively difficult to any of the other possible heavies I'd consider (AU Bruiser and Victorious). 
Coming soon...

avorae

Oh this game look interesting. I have a concept for an old M&M 2e game that never took off that i would  love to convert for this game. The Gm was looking to run an Exiles based game and i was going to play a version of Rogue who accidentally absorbed Nightcrawler instead of Carol Danvers.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Norsegod1839

avorae

Cool... I will need some help with the conversion though as I've never actually played the 3e version of M&M before and am not sure how different it is from 2e. If anyone is willing to help I can send them a copy of the original sheet.

TFcommando

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Green Goo Theory

Not that I am interested in playing Stark (I couldn't do the character justice) I found this image while searching for other things.  I just thought I'd share it. 

Coming soon...

Muse

I love thta concept, Avorae. 

And great image, Tonne! 

I'll be leaving town today, and coming back on the 5th.  Less internet anticipated than I usualy have on vacations too. 

Merry christmas all!

avorae

Quote from: TFcommando on December 24, 2017, 11:03:59 PM
Sure, glad to help!

Thanks Here is the original sheet:

Character name: Anna Marie               Group: Exiles
Alternate ID: Rogue                      Identity: Secret
Base of operation:                       First appearance: Avengers Annual #10
Power level: 10      Power points: 150      Size: Medium         Height: 5'5"
Gender: Female       Age: 18        Weight: 120   Eyes: Yellow   Hair: indigo               
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABILITIES

normal  Enhanced 
      score   score     Modifier     
STR : 16      []        +3[]
DEX : 13      [26]      +1[+8]
CON : 14      []        +2[]
INT : 12      []        +1[]
WIS : 12      []        +1[]
CHA : 16      []        +3[]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAVING THROWS
            Total    Base   Ability       Misc 
Toughness  : +4[6] =   -  +  2 CON     +  2[defensive roll],2[physical only]
Fortitude  : +5    =   3  +  2 CON     +  -   
Reflex     : +8[15]=   7  +  1[8] DEX  +  -   
Will       : +4    =   3  +  1 WIS     +  -   
COMBAT
           Total   Base    Defense   Dodge   size   Flat
Defense:    20   =  10   +  10     +       +        [15]
           Total    DEX    POWER   FEAT
Initiative: 5[12] = 1[8] +       + 4

Hero Points: 150  Unspent: 0           
FEATS                BENIFIT
Accurate attack      Reduce damage bonus to increase attack bonus
Defensive attack     Reduce attack bonus to increase defense bonus
Improved block       +2 bonus on attack rolls to block
Improved disarm      +2 bonus on attack rolls to disarm
Improved initative   +4 bonus on initative checks
Power attack         Reduce attack bonus to increase damage bonus
Taunt                Demoralize using bluff rather than intimidate
Ambidexterity        Eliminate offhand penalties
Attractive           +4 on bluff and diplomacy checks
Hide in plain sight  You don't need cover or concealment to hide
Uncanny dodge [x2]   Retain you dodge bonus while flat-footed[visual, auditory]
Evasion [x2]         Suffer less damage from attacks allowing a reflex save
Defensive roll [x2]  Increases toughness save
POWERS/*DEVICES
Mimic (10 Ranks)[Flaws: Permanent, uncontrollable, fades, tainted]
Fatigue (10 Ranks)[Flaws: Permanent, uncontrollable, linked to Mimic]
Nullify (10 Ranks)[Flaws: Permanent, uncontrollable, linked to Mimic]
Additional limb: tail
Concealment: Normal sight [Flaw: Limited to shadows]
Super-movement: Wall-Crawling (2 Ranks)
Super-senses: Low-light vision
Teleport (3 Ranks) [Feats: Change velocity, Turnabout]
Toughness (2 Ranks) [flaw: Physical only]
SKILLS
NAME                     ABILITY Total   AM   RANKS Misc.
Acrobatics               DEX     5[12]   1[8] 4.0   0
Bluff                    CHA     7[]     3[]  0.0   4
Climb                    STR     3[]     3[]  0.0   0
Computers                INT     5[]     1[]  4.0   0
Concentration            WIS     1[]     1[]  0.0   0
Craft: Electrical        INT     5[]     1[]  4.0   0
Craft: Mechanical        INT     5[]     1[]  4.0   0
Diplomacy                CHA     7[]     3[]  0.0   4
Disable Device           INT     5[]     1[]  4.0   0
Disguise                 CHA     3[]     3[]  0.0   0
Drive                    DEX     4[11]   1[8] 3.0   0
Escape Artist            DEX     1[8]    1[8] 0.0   0
Gather Information       CHA     3[]     3[]  0.0   0
Handle animal            CHA     3[]     3[]  0.0   0
Intimidate               CHA     3[]     3[]  0.0   0
Investigate              INT     0[]     1[]  0.0   0
Knowledge: Pop culture   INT     4[]     1[]  3.0   0
Knowledge: Streetwise    INT     4[]     1[]  3.0   0
Knowledge: Technology    INT     4[]     1[]  3.0   0
Medicine                 WIS     4[]     1[]  3.0   0
Notice                   WIS     4[]     1[]  3.0   0
Perform: Acting          CHA     5[]     3[]  2.0   0
Pilot                    DEX     4[11]   1[8] 3.0   0
Profession:              WIS     0[]     1[]  0.0   0
Ride                     DEX     0[]     1[8] 0.0   0
Search                   INT     3[]     1[]  2.0   0
Sense Motive             WIS     1[]     1[]  0.0   0
Sleight of Hand          DEX     4[11]   1[8] 3.0   0
Stealth                  DEX     5[12]   1[8] 4.0   0
Survival                 WIS     1[]     1[]  0.0   0
Swim                     STR     3[]     3[]  0.0   0
Language: German         ---     ---     ---  ---   -
Language: Russian        ---     ---     ---  ---   -
ATTACKS
Attack:+7   Ranged: +7   Melee: +7

Damage +3[unarmed] 
DAMAGE CODITIONS
BRUISED        STAGGERED            UNCONCIOUS
                  []                    []
                  []                    []
INJURED        DISABLED             DYING
FATIGUED CONDITIONS
FATIGUED[]   EXHAUSTED[]  UNCONCIOUS[]
EQUIPMENT

Light Load [76]   Medium load[153]   Heavy load[230]  Max load [460]
Overhead[230]     Off Ground[460]    Push or Drag[1150]
DRAWBACKS AND COMPLICATIONS

Special:

Green Goo Theory

I htink I'm leaning towards some variation of Juggernaut or Thor.  If Thor it'd be a twist on the Eric Masterson 'arc' with a shared body but via shenanigans (loki, maybe?) it's a female body in both mortal and god form.  A lot for Thor to juggle, now.  And it'd explain away any power decrease due to the system requirements.  Not sure on the route for Juggernaut. 
Coming soon...

TFcommando

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 25, 2017, 10:53:53 PM
I htink I'm leaning towards some variation of Juggernaut or Thor.  If Thor it'd be a twist on the Eric Masterson 'arc' with a shared body but via shenanigans (loki, maybe?) it's a female body in both mortal and god form.  A lot for Thor to juggle, now.  And it'd explain away any power decrease due to the system requirements.  Not sure on the route for Juggernaut.

Juggernaut has an easy variation.... ANYONE might find the Crimson Ruby of Cyttorak.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: TFcommando on December 26, 2017, 01:39:43 AM
Juggernaut has an easy variation.... ANYONE might find the Crimson Ruby of Cyttorak.

While true I don't want to go completely custom on the concept.  But I do love the freedom afforded to me with the concept.  I could have some fun with this one.  I have a face claim ready but I've given up on finding any decent picture for a transformed/armored Juggs.  Especially one to match the awesome mental picture I have.  I'll try my hand at building it but I'll definitely be open to any critiquing of the build. 
Coming soon...

TFcommando

Here’s a rough draft for Rogue with Nightcrawler’s powers.  It’s super tight on defenses and skills, I’d like to fix that.  Could also try to add some teleport attacks, like where Nightcrawler grabs someone and disorients them by teleporting them a lot, for example.

Rogue

Attributes 28 PP

Strength 2

Agility 8

Fighting 0

Awareness 0

Stamina 4

Dexterity 0

Intellect 0

Presence 0

Defenses 17

2 Dodge 10

8 Parry 8

Tough 4/8

2 Fort 6

5 Will 5

Skills 6

Acrobatics 2/10
Bluff

Close Combat Unarmed 10/10

Stealth 0/8

Feats 7
Attractive 1
Power attack
Defensive roll 4
Uncanny dodge

20 Power Theft: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Powers Impaired, Powers Disabled, Transformed—Powerless) Linked to...

56 Power Theft Variable 8 (40 points, for duplicating one target’s powers), Move Action, Limited to Afflicted subjects

1 Extra limb Tail
1 Senses 1 low light
2 Movement 1 wall crawling
2 Concealment normal vision-limited to shadows

10 Teleport 2 turnabout, redirect, extended, extra mass 2
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

avorae

Yea she is light on skills [still reading book so will take your word on defense] so some more would be nice. as for Nightcrawler's teleport attack she hasn't really had much time to learn that since the accidental absorption so that is something she can pick up later.

TFcommando

Quote from: avorae on December 26, 2017, 02:23:41 PM
Yea she is light on skills [still reading book so will take your word on defense] so some more would be nice. as for Nightcrawler's teleport attack she hasn't really had much time to learn that since the accidental absorption so that is something she can pick up later.

A lot of Nightcrawler’s shticks are by inclination rather than innate as Ms. Marvel’s are, so I’m not sure if Rogue would be as acrobatic or stealthy as Kurt.  I lowered the Agility and added some Bluff:

Attributes 22 PP

Strength 2

Agility 5

Fighting 0

Awareness 0

Stamina 4

Dexterity 0

Intellect 0

Presence 0

Defenses 20

5 Dodge 10

8 Parry 8

Tough 4/8

2 Fort 6

5 Will 5

Skills 9/18

Acrobatics 3/8

Bluff 5/5

Stealth 0/5

Feats 7
Attractive 1
Power attack
Defensive roll 4
Uncanny dodge

92 powers

20 Power Theft: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Powers Impaired, Powers Disabled, Transformed—Powerless) Linked to

56 Variable 8 (40 points, for duplicating one target’s powers), Move Action, Limited to Afflicted subjects • 

1 Extra limb Tail
1 Senses 1 low light

10 Teleport 2 turnabout, Change Velocity, extended, extra mass 2
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Muse

Ariana Flamell

Daughter of William Flamel and granddaughter of legendary alchemist Nicholas Flamel.  She grew up in upstate New York with her father, attending a prestigious private school and receiving extensive education in the family trade.  She spent her summers in Paris with her grandfather, and made several visits to the home of a perfectly mundane online friend in Tokyo working on her Japanese, enjoying anime fandom and cossplay. 

From a quiet corner of upstate New York, the wild occurrences in Manhattan seemed like a wonderland just outside of reach.  It was a rabbit hole she longed to dive down.  When Ariana turned nineteen, William knew he couldn't hold her back any more.  He helped her make her own philosipher's stone and gave her a powerful potion based on the elixir of life that made her stronger, more resilient, and able to heal wounds visibly. 

"It's time."

Any comments to offer before I spend her last 11 points. 

Norsegod1839

Green Goo Theory

I looked around and might've missed it but what was the PL we're playing at?  Also, I may need some help building this once I get a bit further into it. 
Coming soon...

Muse

I had the same issue.  :)

We're power level 10.  (And I assume 3rd edition of mutants and masterminds.  if not, I'll have to do a little rework. ) :) 

If you need help in the next day or two--or after the fifth--I'll be happy too. 

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Muse on December 27, 2017, 06:39:31 PM
I had the same issue.  :)

We're power level 10.  (And I assume 3rd edition of mutants and masterminds.  if not, I'll have to do a little rework. ) :) 

If you need help in the next day or two--or after the fifth--I'll be happy too.

Thanks.  I thought it was 10 but didn't see anything quite conclusive, y'know?  I'm not sure on the edition but all I have access to currently until I can access the pdf files on my old computer is what's on the heroes SRD.  I assume that's 3rd edition? 
Coming soon...

TFcommando

Quote from: Muse on December 27, 2017, 05:11:58 PM
Ariana Flamell

Daughter of William Flamel and granddaughter of legendary alchemist Nicholas Flamel.  She grew up in upstate New York with her father, attending a prestigious private school and receiving extensive education in the family trade.  She spent her summers in Paris with her grandfather, and made several visits to the home of a perfectly mundane online friend in Tokyo working on her Japanese, enjoying anime fandom and cossplay. 

From a quiet corner of upstate New York, the wild occurrences in Manhattan seemed like a wonderland just outside of reach.  It was a rabbit hole she longed to dive down.  When Ariana turned nineteen, William knew he couldn't hold her back any more.  He helped her make her own philosipher's stone and gave her a powerful potion based on the elixir of life that made her stronger, more resilient, and able to heal wounds visibly. 

"It's time."

Any comments to offer before I spend her last 11 points.

Love her look!

She has Impervious built into the rapier.  Just to make sure, that's for her Toughness, representing a great guard with the blade that fends off minor attacks without effort?  If you want the sword to be indestructible, that's just one point.

I'm not sure on the costs for her magic alternate powers though:

Spellcasting 
18   Fireball: Ranged Area Damage 8 (Magic, Fire)
   --Check required: Expertise (Magic)
1   Arcane Bolt: Ranged damage 12 (magic, force.) 
   --Check required: Expertise (Magic)
1   Golden Chains 8 (Magic)
--Effect: Ranged, Cumulative Affliction, Extra Condition,
--Check Required Expertise (Magic)
--Resisted by Dodge, Limited Degree • 3 points per rank
You can restrain a target with bonds of ice, glue, webbing, bands of energy, and so forth (whatever suits your descriptors). The target makes a Dodge resistance check against your effect DC. One degree of failure leaves the target hindered and vulnerable, while two results in the target becoming defenseless and immobilized. There is no additional effect for three or more degrees of failure.
The resistance check to break out of a Snare is based on Damage (including Strength Damage) or Sleight of Hand, either breaking the effect or slipping out of it. This is part of the power’s Alternate Resistance, with no change in cost.
1   Healing Spell
1   Sleep: Ranged Affliction 12 (Magic)
   --Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep
   --Check Required: Expertise (Magic)
1   Teleportation Circle

The Chains have limited degree too, which would make the cost 2 per rank.  That and the fireball look like the most expensive powers, at 16 power points instead of 18.  So the first power would cost 16, and all the alternates, at 16 points or less, would be one point each.  The Sleep and Arcane Bolt only cost 12, giving you 4 more points per "slot" to add things... extended range, homing, subtle (good for a sleep spell) and so on.

For a fencing fighting style, Improved Defenses and Improved Disarm are quite good.

Love her look!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 27, 2017, 06:44:15 PM
Thanks.  I thought it was 10 but didn't see anything quite conclusive, y'know?  I'm not sure on the edition but all I have access to currently until I can access the pdf files on my old computer is what's on the heroes SRD.  I assume that's 3rd edition?

Yep, PL10 and 3rd edition!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

avorae

Quote from: TFcommando on December 26, 2017, 02:48:52 PM
A lot of Nightcrawler’s shticks are by inclination rather than innate as Ms. Marvel’s are, so I’m not sure if Rogue would be as acrobatic or stealthy as Kurt.  I lowered the Agility and added some Bluff:

Attributes 22 PP

Strength 2

Agility 5

Fighting 0

Awareness 0

Stamina 4

Dexterity 0

Intellect 0

Presence 0

Defenses 20

5 Dodge 10

8 Parry 8

Tough 4/8

2 Fort 6

5 Will 5

Skills 9/18

Acrobatics 3/8

Bluff 5/5

Stealth 0/5

Feats 7
Attractive 1
Power attack
Defensive roll 4
Uncanny dodge

92 powers

20 Power Theft: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Powers Impaired, Powers Disabled, Transformed—Powerless) Linked to

56 Variable 8 (40 points, for duplicating one target’s powers), Move Action, Limited to Afflicted subjects • 

1 Extra limb Tail
1 Senses 1 low light

10 Teleport 2 turnabout, Change Velocity, extended, extra mass 2

True Kurt's acrobatic and stealth abilities are more due to training than actual power so she might not be as good at it as he was but she'd still have some skill in it due to the fact that her powers allows her to access there skills as well though only to a limited degree.

as for the sheet it looks good. it gives her a good se;ection of powers to start off with but with room to grow as she learns how to control them.

Norsegod1839

Sounds like everyone is pairing up and getting teh sheets done!

I want to take a quick count who do we have playing canon characters versus originals?

avorae

Cannon though it is a variation of Rogue. Instead of Adsorbing Mrs. Marvel she absorbed Nightcrawler

Norsegod1839

avorae

Ok I think I have my charcater finished...

Rogue

Green Goo Theory

I was also looking at canons.  I'm just undecided so far but definitely going for a heavy/tank role since it's vacant. 

Also...hot damn on this version of Rogue. 
Coming soon...

Muse

Norsegod1839

Foxy DeVille

Hmmm... how about a version of Shanna the She-Devil with Vixen-like powers and less self-control? She was orphaned in the Savage Land where she found an ancient alien device that bonded her with nature. A scientific expedition found and she saved them from dinosaurs. Shanna returned with the scientists to civilization, where she has to get used to concepts she has long forgotten like "clothing."

Shanna the She-Devil - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Advantages
All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Diehard, Fascinate: Persuasion, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Taunt

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+11), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise: Wilderness Survival 5 (+6), Expertise: Zoology 5 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 2 (+6), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+9), Treatment 2 (+3)

Powers
Animal Mimicry: Variable 5 (Action: move; Limited: to Animal Traits)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 17)

Complications
Quirk: Raised by animals, Shanna tends to ignore or be ignorant of many social customs. Getting her to at least wear a bikini was a long effort.
Temper: Her bestial nature makes her quick to anger. Get used to animal growls and Irish-accented profanity when she's around

Language
English

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/3, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 35 + Advantages 15 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 150

Norsegod1839

Green Goo Theory

I know there's still time but I do apologize for lagging behind.  I still can't decide on a character.  I keep bouncing around in my head.  Also! Looks awesome, Foxy. 
Coming soon...

TFcommando

Shanna as Vixen is a neat idea.  You can probably drop her Dex and Pre, buying up the two skills up.  Your defenses only total 15, but you can buy them up with the animal powers.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Muse

She's pretty awesome, Foxy! 

:)  I'm heading home tomorrow, would love it if this started soon.  :)

Muse

Norsegod1839

I mean I can get an OOC up and running and what not but I was hoping for a bit more female characters!

Muse

Do we have any male characters?  :P 

So, more cast, and obviously of the fairer sex!  Let's see who i can point this way! 

Norsegod1839

I mean we could use more characters period right now but I think we have slightly more females at this point?

Muse

*grins*  I'm not in any way, shape or form complaining about this, but I sincerly can't find any male character aplications.  :D 

I think we should put up an OOC and cat thread--maybe even start if you're comfortable with it.  I'll start hunting around for more players, and hopefully the others will too. 

By any chance is this going to be in NCES small groups?  *Crosses his fingers hoping* 

What pace are you hoping for? 

Norsegod1839

*shrugs* it can be in any thraed you guys want! I lean more towards extreme myself because it means any one can do anything they want basically.

And yeah I can get working on an OOC and Character thread for us! I dont know about starting though I need to first see how many people we actually have first.

As for pace again I am super open! The only thing to me is that the story is moving and groving

Muse

Oh, TF! I only  just now saw the feedback you offered on mechanics!  Thanks, i needed that.  *Goes to look it over*

Gannameade

Working on one....pushing out help request from TF / Wander at least.
He is male and chocolate if that helps???

Norsegod1839

I am working on our OOC room now guys! And a Character sheet room.

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Gannameade

I am working on it.

:P

Not that I am going to cry being in a group of females!!!

Norsegod1839

Thats like the million dollar question!

I am trying to do a head count now! Putting it into the Marvel character sheet would help tremendously

Gannameade

Trying but all of the number crunching gurus are off line right now.  Sorry I can work these digits for maximum benefits yet.

TFcommando

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

keyotess

I am willing to see if I can build Scarlet Witch if there is still openings for characters. :)

And what version of Mutants and Masterminds are you using?

Norsegod1839

If you want to do a scarlet witch go for it!

Uhhh I am not sure! I am super new at the idea of system games! There has been some talk in the interest check about it though!

Muse

Third edition of it, Keyotess. 

Any way I can help (either of) you with it? 

keyotess

Thanks for the offer Muse.  I am more familiar with M&M 2e, so going to need some time to read up on 3e and see what I can do.  Leaning towards a defined Variable effect, but that is much more difficult to play so have to be careful. :)

Norsegod1839

Scarlet Witch and Peter Parker forming the avengers is kind of hilarious! Just as an odd ball pairing

Since I think everyone else is playing original characters right?

avorae

nope I am playing rogue [well an alternate version of rogue] and TF is playing Wasp

Norsegod1839

*smacks forehead*

That's right! So Wasp Rogue Scarlet Witch Spiderman as teh avengers canon characters

Not a bad mix of old andn ew if you ask me!

Foxy DeVille

keyotess

Okay, What I have so far for Scarlet Witch.  Comments and suggestions are welcome.  Still thinking about complications and need to type out history.

Thanks to Muse for template! :D  Even though it got messed up when I copied and pasted it to here. :)  Link to google document

[hr
Origin:      Experiment
Race:      Serbian

Birthday:      unknown
Height:      5’7”
Weight:      132 lbs
Measures:    
Skin:         Tanned
Hair:         Auburn
Eyes:      Blue   
Style:      Long   

History:   
Motivation: Acceptance: Wanda wants to be accepted by society at large and not seen as a threat or a freak.      
Complications:      

Power Level: 10 total points: 150
Attributes:      (30)
Strength      +0      
Stamina      +3   
Agility      +1   
Dexterity      +3   
Fighting      +0
Intellect      +2   
Awareness      +4   
Presence      +2   

Defenses:     (20)            Defense      Resistance
Dodge      6   +1         17         +7
Parry         2   +0         12         
Fortitude      6   +3                  +9
Toughness      0   +3                  +3
Will         6   +4         20         +10

Skills:  (25)
Acrobatics            1   +1   +0   +0   =d20+2
Athletics            2   +0   +0   +0   =d20+2   
Close Combat:          1   +0   +0   +0   =d20+1
Deception            3   +2   +5   +0   =d20+10   
Expertise: Streetwise      3   +2   +0   +0   =d20+5
Expertise: Survival      3   +2   +0   +0   =d20+5
Expertise:   Magic        3   +2   +0   +0   =d20+5
Expertise: Tactics      5   +2   +0   +0   =d20+7      
Insight            5   +4   +0   +0   =d20+9   
Intimidation            1   +2   +0   +0   =d20+3
Investigation         1   +2   +0   +0   =d20+3
Perception            5   +4   +0   +0   =d20+9
Persuasion            3   +2   +5   +0   =d20+10
Ranged Combat: RA power   7   +3   +0   +0   =d20+10
Sleight of Hand         2   +3   +0   +0   =d20+5
Stealth            2   +1   +0   +0   =d20+3
Technology            1   +2   +0   +0   =d20+3
Treatment            2   +2   +0   +0   =d20+4
Vehicles: Automobile      1   +3   +0   +0   =d20+4

Advantages: (8)
2   Precise Attack: cover & concealment for Powers
2   Attractive: +5
2   Teamwork: +5 for team checks
2   Languages:  Serbian(Native), English, Russian
3   Equipment: cell phone,

Powers:  (64)
Reality Altering: Wanda’s power alters how the laws of physics operate.  Glowing Red Streams come off her hands with all effects.
Variable: Action: Standard • Range: Personal • Duration: Sustained • Cost: 7 points per rank
Extra: ( +2 points per rank) Free action to change pool distribution
Limited: (-1 point per rank) needs to have hands free to make gestures to control power, if don’t make gestures, her reality altering powers become Unreliable (11 or more to work correctly):
Ranks: 8 Ranks ( 8 ranks at 8 per rank: 64)
Pool: 40 (8*5)

Sample of Standard Effects/Powers

Hex Bolt: Ranks: 10  Points: 20
Effect: Ranged    Damage: 2 points per rank 
You can make a damaging ranged attack. It might be a blast of pure force. You make a ranged attack check against the target’s Dodge defense. The attack’s damage equals your power rank and the target makes a Toughness resistance check against it.

Force Field: Ranks: 10  Points: 10
Effect: Protection, Sustained • 1 point per rank 
You can surround your body with a protective field of energy or force, providing you with a Toughness increase equal to your rank. As a sustained effect, your Force Field is noticeable. Force Fields can be made Impervious as well, immune to certain lower thresholds of Damage.

Forcewall: Ranks: 10  Points: 20
Effect: Protection
Action: None • Range: Personal • Duration: Permanent • Cost: 1 point per rank
Affects others: +1 Rank
Area Affect: Burst: +1 Rank
Duration: reduction to Sustained: -1 Rank
Noticeable: -1 flat cost
The effect surrounds a sphere with a 30-foot radius (distance rank 0). Bursts on level surfaces (like the ground) create hemispheres 30 feet in radius and height.
Protection shields you and everyone inside the bubble of Telekinetic force against damage, giving you +1 to your Toughness defense per rank. So Protection 4 gives you +4 Toughness.

Deflect: Ranks: 10 Points: 30
Action: Standard • Range: Ranged • Duration: Instant • Cost: 1 point per rank,
Reflect: You can reflect attacks back at the attacker as a free action. First, you must successfully deflect the attack, then make a normal attack check using your own attack modifier to hit with the reflected attack. It has its normal effect if it hits. +1 cost per rank.
Redirect: You can redirect attacks you successfully deflect at any target within the attack’s normal range, as Reflect, above. You must have the Reflect extra to take this one. +1 cost per rank.
You can actively defend for characters other than yourself, deflecting or diverting attacks against them at a distance, and may be able to more effectively defend yourself, depending on your rank. See the Defend action in Action & Adventure for details. You use your Deflect rank in place of an active defense. You still add 10 to a Deflect die roll of 10 or less, for a minimum roll of 11. Deflect modifiers are limited by power level. Like a ranged attack, if you Deflect at medium range, you have a –2 circumstance modifier on your check. At long range, you have a –5 circumstance modifier. Range is Measured from you to the target of the attack you are deflecting.
Like the defend action, Deflect does not work against area effects or perception ranged attacks, nor versus attacks targeting defenses other than Dodge or Parry.

Flight: Ranks: 5  Points: 10
Action: Free • Range: Personal • Duration: Sustained • Cost: 2 points per rank
You can fly through the air, including hovering in place. You have a flight speed rank equal to your effect rank.

Telekinetics: Rank: 10  Points: 30
Flight: Ranks: 5  Points: 10
Action: Free • Range: Personal • Duration: Sustained • Cost: 2 points per rank
Attack: 0 per rank
Affects Object: 1 point per rank
This modifier allows effects normally resisted by Fortitude to work on non-living objects (those with no Stamina). Generally, this extra applies to effects like Heal or Weaken, allowing them to work on objects in the same way as they do living creatures.
Objects do not get resistance checks; the effect works on the targeted object at its maximum degree of success. At the GM’s discretion, someone holding, carrying, or wearing an object can make a Dodge resistance check against the effect, representing pulling the object out of the way at the last moment.

Nullify Powers: Rank: 10  Points: 10
Action: Standard • Range: Ranged • Duration: Instant • Cost: 1 point per rank
Nullify can counter particular effects of a particular descriptor, such as fire effects, magical effects, mental effects, and so forth (see Countering Effects). You can counter one effect of your chosen descriptor per use of Nullify. You can’t nullify innate effects (see the Innate modifier description).
Make a ranged attack check to hit the target. Then make an opposed check of your Nullify rank and the targeted effect’s rank or the target’s Will defense, whichever is higher. If you are targeting the subject of an effect rather than the effect’s user, make an opposed check of Nullify rank vs. effect rank. If you win, the targeted effect turns off, although the user can reactivate it normally. If you lose the opposed check, you do not Nullify the effect. With two or more degrees of failure, trying again against the same subject in the same scene requires extra effort.

Teleport: Ranks: 10  Points: 40
Action: Move • Range: Rank • Duration: Instant • Cost: 2 points per rank
Portal: You open a portal or gateway between two points as a free action. The portal is five feet across. Anyone stepping through the portal (a move action) is transported. The portal remains open as long as you concentrate, taking a standard action each turn to maintain it. +2 cost per rank.
You can move instantly from place to place without crossing the distance in between. You can teleport yourself and up to 50 lbs. (mass rank 0) of additional mass a distance rank equal to your effect rank as a move action. Unwilling passengers get a Dodge resistance check to avoid being taken along.
You can only teleport to places you can accurately sense or know especially well (in the GM’s judgment). You retain your position and relative velocity when you teleport. So if you are falling when you teleport, you are still falling at the same speed when you arrive at your destination.
Teleport is meant for use on or around a planet. For things like traveling to distant planets or stars, apply the Space Travel effect of Movement as a “hyperjump” or similar power.

Snare: Ranks: 10  Points: 30
Effect: Ranged, Cumulative Affliction, Extra Condition, Resisted by Dodge, Limited Degree • 3 points per rank
You can restrain a target with bonds made from items around the field of battle. The target makes a Dodge resistance check against your effect DC. One degree of failure leaves the target hindered and vulnerable, while two results in the target becoming defenseless and immobilized. There is no additional effect for three or more degrees of failure.
The resistance check to break out of a Snare is based on Damage (including Strength Damage) or Sleight of Hand, either breaking the effect or slipping out of it. This is part of the power’s Alternate Resistance, with no change in cost.

Luck Control: Rank: 10  Points: 30
Action: Reaction • Range: Perception • Duration: Instant • Cost: 3 points per rank
You can use victory points or ranks of Luck to affect others in various ways (see victory points). For each rank you have in this effect, choose one of the following capabilities:
You can spend a victory point or use Luck on another character’s behalf, with the normal benefits.
You can bestow your victory point or use of Luck on others. You can use this only once on any given character in a round, but the recipient may use the bestowed point(s) normally.
You can spend one of your victory point or uses of the Luck advantage to negate someone else’s use of a victory point, use of their Luck advantage, or a Gamemaster-imposed complication (at the GM’s discretion). The latter also eliminates the complication, however, so no victory points are awarded for it.
You can spend a victory point or use Luck to force someone else to reroll a die roll and take the worse of the two rolls. The target of this last effect may spend a victory point or use Luck to avoid having to reroll.
Rank Advantage: Once per round, you can choose to reroll a die roll, like spending a Victory point (see Victory points), including adding 10 to rerolls of 10 or less. You can do this a number of times per game session equal to your Luck rank, with a maximum rank of half the series power level (rounded down). Your Luck ranks refresh when your Victory points “reset” at the start of an adventure. The GM may choose to set a different limit on ranks in this advantage, depending on the series.

Norsegod1839

Totally works for me! Go ahead and post it into the character sheet room

Muse

*Smiles*  If you'd asked, Keyotess, I could have given you my blank template.  :)

keyotess

Quote*Smiles*  If you'd asked, Keyotess, I could have given you my blank template.  :)

Didn't start working on Scarlet until late at night and was too impatient to wait. ;)

TheVillain

Had a thought for this one. The problem is what my head makes you can't really call heroic. Maybe this guy is just in the world running around? :P

The Foolkiller

Hero: Foolkiller
Player: TheVillain

Identity: Professor Kurt Gerhardt

Secret Or Public: Currently Secret.

Section 2: Physical Description

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 175 lbs

Eye color: Blue

Hair Color: Black

Section 3: Personal History

Biography: It's been said that as long there are fools, Nature will breed a Foolkiller. There's been 3 Foolkillers, Kurt is the latest to hold the title and arguably the most successful. First was Ross G. Everbest, a fundamentalist Christian that believed - some say accurately - that his religious faith gave him a low level of superhuman strength and invulnerability. He began using his abilities to kill "fools"; atheists, hippies, punks, people like that. The second was Gregory P. Salinger, a poetic psychopath that targeted those he felt "lacked a poetic nature".

Kurt is different. He's was professor of physics, a smart guy actually. But life still falls apart. In Kurt's case his father was killed in a random mugging gone bad, his younger brother was killed in a robbery at a fast-food restaurant, his wife died in a car wreck from bad brake parts, the bank threatened to close on his house - all in the same month. Things probably wouldn't have gone any further of Salinger hadn't been interviewed on a talk show. In his lowest moment, he heard Salinger speak about how people were now living only to consume, treating other people as at best Products, a world devoid of poetry and full of brutality even passive and horrid.

And then Kurt became the next Foolkiller. Except he took a different approach. Kurt was a professor of physics after all, and a smart guy. Kurt instead trained his body, got some equipment together, did some research, and created a special set of weapons. And with them he's become a newer, better Foolkiller. He's actually considered something of an anti-hero by the public, as most of his victims have been violent criminals and other awful people.

Section 4: Capabilities

Costume: Body armor with a sort of jester theme to it.

Equipment/Gadgets/Powers: Kurt has no inherent powers, but he is very intelligent and has developed a set of weapons that disintegrate their targets. The rifle can reduce a human being to a small pile of ash in a flash of light if it scores a direct hit.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

AribethAmkiir

Hey, if there's still room I'm willing to try my hand at a Toni Stark.  I haven't played M&M for years, and never really mastered the system in the first place, so I will likely need some help

Norsegod1839

Yeah! By all means hop on! If you're playing Toni Stark even better! Maybe I will throw in a captain america to!

TFcommando

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 22, 2018, 09:55:08 AM
Hey, if there's still room I'm willing to try my hand at a Toni Stark.  I haven't played M&M for years, and never really mastered the system in the first place, so I will likely need some help

I’ll be glad to help on the game mechanics side.  I’ve already done a few sheets for other players.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

AribethAmkiir

Hey TF, thanks.

Are you still playing your first character or just The Wasp?  I don't want Toni to completely overlap your original character.

Norsegod1839

TFcommando

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 22, 2018, 06:52:36 PM
Hey TF, thanks.

Are you still playing your first character or just The Wasp?  I don't want Toni to completely overlap your original character.

Nope, just The Wasp, as we were short on canon types.  I'll have to use the skimpy power armor concept in another supers game. :) 

BTW, is there a particular version of Iron Man (comic, movie, TV, particular armor version?) you were thinking of to gender-flip, or just doing the essence of the character?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

AribethAmkiir

Still working on things but this is what I've got so far:

Howard Stark is still alive.

Toni is the female heir and wiz kid, with all of the expectations placed upon her that Tony had.  With her father still alive there would have been a tighter rein on her actions than if both of her parents were dead, like Tony's.

Don't get me wrong, she likes to have fun, but it isn't as open and flippant as Tony's storied shenanigans.  Though, it's still likely that there are a couple of tabloids out there that have a picture of her drunk or in a compromising situation on the cover.

I feel that if Howard is alive he would still be focusing on new ideas and developments.  Toni could have put her energy into robotics and engineering.  Obediah Stane has been left to run the weapon's development and research department, a much smaller yet profitable part of Stark Industries.  (A failed attempt to kill Howard resulted in Toni's mom's death, but we don't know that).

She's the wiz-kid who spends most of her time in the robotics or engineering department drawing up new plans and tinkering with her latest project.  A big nerd who is more comfortable on the research floor than anywhere else, so smart she grows bored easily with mundane things, and someone who hides her insecurities with light banter and false confidence.

I realize that it still needs work.

Maybe a mix of the first Iron Man movie with the Iron Man: Armored Adventures.  With what I hope would be a realistic spin on the gender.  ie: Women CEOs needing to be seen as more serious than a Playboy Philanthropist, etc.

As far as suit, I'm thinking Mark 3 or 4 by the time they face Kang.

Does that help?

TFcommando

Here's a basic writeup without Complications thus far... were you thinking of an Arc Reactor type health issue, some other one, or not yet?  A teen Toni might not have access to that much Wealth, allowing a few points to be shifted around.  Or is she of age?  Still going to college? Still might not have that much money if her dad has all the Stark stock, and wouldn't be the CEO, or on the board, instead just working in the lab.  But here's an idea.  Google has become "Alphabet" and does different businesses as different companies with different letters, like their Waymo self-driving car company.  To give Toni some experience and free rein to exercise her design skills, there might be a smaller "Stark Dynamics" company or subsidiary she's in charge of.

Her tech skills are the maximum possible with supporting advantages, suitable to someone who can build an arc reactor in a cave in Afghanistan with a box of scraps. 

There's no limit to the number of things one could put on an Iron Man suit, from energy absorption to reverse magnetism to rocket powered roller skates, but this covers the iconic stuff, strength, durability, high speed flight, repulsers and unibeam.

The Invincible Iron Man.  Iron Woman?  Ironheart?

PL 10  150 points

Attributes 24  PP
Strength 0/12
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 5
Stamina 2/10
Dexterity 0
Intellect 5
Presence 0

Defenses 11 PP
2 Dodge  2/8
2 Parry  2/8
- Fort 2/10
- Tough. 0/12
5 Will 10

Repulsor Rays +8 to hit/12 damage
Unarmed Combat +8 to hit/12 damage
Unibeam 10 damage, Area Line

Skills: 17 PP 34 points
Close Combat Unarmed +4/4
Expertise (Engineering) 10 (+15)
Expertise (Everything else) 0/5
Insight  0/5
Investigation 0/5
Perception 5 (+10)
Technology 15 (+20)
Treatment 0/5

Advantages 11 PP
Eidetic Memory
Improved Initiative 1
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Feature Wealth 4 Multi-Millionaire
Jack of All Trades

Powers  87 CP

Iron Man Armor 86 CP Removable

30 CP Weapon Systems
Transistor-powered servomotors - Enhanced Strength 12  Enhanced Advantage 4 Close Attack 4 (28 CP)
Repulsor Rays - Ranged Damage 12 Accurate 4 (28 CP)
Unibeam - Close Damage 10 Area Line Penetrating 6 26 CP + Environmental Control Light 1 (Sunlight level), Cone instead of Radius -0 2 CP (28 CP)

18 CP Boot Jets Flight 9

28 CP Armored Exoskeleton - Enhanced Stamina 8, Protection 2,  Impervious Toughness 10

14 Combat Computer Enhanced Dodge 6, Parry 6, Enhanced Advantages 2 Power Attack, Favored Environment Flying

9 Sealed Systems Immunity Life Support, still needs to eat/drink -1

9 Sensory Systems (Accurate Radio (Radar) Extended 3, Darkvision, Extended Vision 1)

Complications
TBD
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Gannameade

Yeah I get it.  No one wants for their female Toni Stark to be considered a Ho.  Even those the male one was.  Such a double standard I know.  But looks good to me.  When I grow up I am going to be able to spit out CS like TF/Wander.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: TFcommando on January 23, 2018, 02:54:31 AM
Here's a basic writeup without Complications thus far... were you thinking of an Arc Reactor type health issue, some other one, or not yet?  A teen Toni might not have access to that much Wealth, allowing a few points to be shifted around.  Or is she of age?  Still going to college? Still might not have that much money if her dad has all the Stark stock, and wouldn't be the CEO, or on the board, instead just working in the lab.  But here's an idea.  Google has become "Alphabet" and does different businesses as different companies with different letters, like their Waymo self-driving car company.  To give Toni some experience and free rein to exercise her design skills, there might be a smaller "Stark Dynamics" company or subsidiary she's in charge of.

Her tech skills are the maximum possible with supporting advantages, suitable to someone who can build an arc reactor in a cave in Afghanistan with a box of scraps. 

There's no limit to the number of things one could put on an Iron Man suit, from energy absorption to reverse magnetism to rocket powered roller skates, but this covers the iconic stuff, strength, durability, high speed flight, repulsers and unibeam.

The Invincible Iron Man.  Iron Woman?  Ironheart?

PL 10  150 points

Attributes 24  PP
Strength 0/12
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 5
Stamina 2/10
Dexterity 0
Intellect 5
Presence 0

Defenses 11 PP
2 Dodge  2/8
2 Parry  2/8
- Fort 2/10
- Tough. 0/12
5 Will 10

Repulsor Rays +8 to hit/12 damage
Unarmed Combat +8 to hit/12 damage
Unibeam 10 damage, Area Line

Skills: 17 PP 34 points
Close Combat Unarmed +4/4
Expertise (Engineering) 10 (+15)
Expertise (Everything else) 0/5
Insight  0/5
Investigation 0/5
Perception 5 (+10)
Technology 15 (+20)
Treatment 0/5

Advantages 11 PP
Eidetic Memory
Improved Initiative 1
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Feature Wealth 4 Multi-Millionaire
Jack of All Trades

Powers  87 CP

Iron Man Armor 86 CP Removable

30 CP Weapon Systems
Transistor-powered servomotors - Enhanced Strength 12  Enhanced Advantage 4 Close Attack 4 (28 CP)
Repulsor Rays - Ranged Damage 12 Accurate 4 (28 CP)
Unibeam - Close Damage 10 Area Line Penetrating 6 26 CP + Environmental Control Light 1 (Sunlight level), Cone instead of Radius -0 2 CP (28 CP)

18 CP Boot Jets Flight 9

28 CP Armored Exoskeleton - Enhanced Stamina 8, Protection 2,  Impervious Toughness 10

14 Combat Computer Enhanced Dodge 6, Parry 6, Enhanced Advantages 2 Power Attack, Favored Environment Flying

9 Sealed Systems Immunity Life Support, still needs to eat/drink -1

9 Sensory Systems (Accurate Radio (Radar) Extended 3, Darkvision, Extended Vision 1)

Complications
TBD

Hey, thank you for all of that TF!!  That's awesome.

I was toying around with the shrapnel near her heart "health problem", but haven't decided if I'm going that route.  She'll be early 20s.  Well past graduating from MIT and collecting all of the degrees she plans on getting.  I like the idea of having her own division, or company, called "Stark Dynamics".  Great idea.  Figure she's on the board, as Howard is grooming her to eventually take over all of Stark Enterprises. 

I was playing with the idea of the suit looking the same, and possibly playing with the idea that Toni would call Iron Man her "bodyguard" like the comics did for so many years.

As for some complications:
Motivation: Responsibility - whether it is keeping Stark weapons out of the hands of terrorists or saving the world.
Fame: Upper Crust.  Stark is quite nearly a household name, and Toni is the shining rising star.  She's made appearances on magazine covers from Forbes and Popular Science to People and Time, and that doesn't include the tabloid covers.
Enemy: Stark Enterprises is a favored target for AIM and other high-tech villains or villainous organizations.
Quirk: Obsessive - when faced with a problem Toni becomes single minded and devotes all of her time and energy toward it. 
Responsibility: CEO of Stark Dynamics, and board member of Stark Enterprises.
Identity: Iron man is Toni's "bodyguard".  The fact that she's in the suit is a secret, for now.

@Gannameade - what happens in Toni's bedroom, hotel room, or the backseat of the BMW, is completely her business and enforced by NDAs, confidentiality agreements, and the best lawyers money can buy.  :P

Gannameade

TFcommando

Quote from: Gannameade on January 23, 2018, 09:16:24 AM
Yeah I get it.  No one wants for their female Toni Stark to be considered a Ho.  Even those the male one was.  Such a double standard I know.  But looks good to me.  When I grow up I am going to be able to spit out CS like TF/Wander.

After all, Toni Ho is a different character completely!! :)

An idea for a condition that she'd need to use the suit for... instead of shrapnel, some high-tech attack like nanotechnology?  Possibly the same thing that killed her mother... it started to, say, disassemble her heart valves until she whipped up the chest plate to keep them dormant.  Or for a twist, it might cause some behavioral issue when left unchecked, a more subtle way of hurting the Stark family.  Or, going the other way, a more radical physical transformation?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

AribethAmkiir

TFcommando

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 23, 2018, 10:54:59 AM
So she'd have to wear the chest plate all the time?

No, but might have to wear it at least part of every day, the chest plate putting out a field that temporarily nullifies whatever it is inside her for a day or so.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Muse

In the brightest day, in the darkest night,
  No evil shall escape my search ligth...

indarkestknight

I admit, while I'm a veteran of Mathfinder Pathfinder, I'm less than confident in my ability to whip up a Mutants & Masterminds character sheet... but the cast that's assembled is sorely tempting.

I have a few ideas floating around, so if anyone cares to weigh in, it could help me decide!
• Asian-American or mixed race take on Danny Rand/Iron fist. Concerns include figuring out how to model a limited-use ability in M&M (what edition are you using?), though I could just say that he's reached the point where he doesn't need to recharge his chi between uses if the system doesn't really allow for that?
• Maui, in no small part inspired by the version of Maui from Moana. Probably roughly equivalent to Asgardians like the Warriors Three or Sif in terms of physical ability. Would use Jason Momoa's Aquaman as a faceclaim.
• ... I just know I'm gonna want to play a Wakandan after Black Panther's out, though I'm still not clear on whether I'd lean more towards an Original Character from Wakanda or T'Challa.
• Suggest something to me? Seriously, if there's a (male) character you'd really like to have join the team, pitch them to me, maybe they'll ping me, maybe not.

Norsegod1839

Hey by all means welcome aboard! all of those sound good to me!

TFcommando

I'm always glad to help with character creation, though if you can navigate the intricate interactions of Pathfinder, M&M should be easy, as you get to make everything up yourself.

A limited-use ability has an easy way to do it... the Unreliable modifier, which can be done as "Works 5 times, then stops working until you rest/recover/reload later on."  So he can use it some, but not an unlimited amount of time (and a Hero Point will let him recharge some, for dramatic moments).

The tricky thing with the Iron Fist is that you can't do more damage than the Power Level cap allows... so since he's fighting with "normal" marital arts most of the time, that has to be at or near the PL cap.  How is the Iron Fist any better?  I have a few ideas for that, of course.   Start with four ranks of Improved Critical so it's likely to do extra damage above the cap, a goodly amount of Penetrating so it can hurt even someone who's invulnerable to a high degree...  and then two alternate powers, a Weaken Toughness for attacking objects to show how it can smash up a sword that's being swung at him, and a knock back attack to show how it sends people flying.... linked Move Object, only to push people away.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

indarkestknight

Alternatively... thinking about it more... The Iron Fist kind of seems like a perfect example of Extra Effort or Extraordinary Effort, doesn't it? Something that breaks the cap, but has a built in use limit?

Though I do wonder... It wouldn't really make sense for Iron Fist unless I say he's built up his chi sufficiently (shown in the comics using the Iron Fist for greater durations, for example), but couldn't someone use Extra Effort/Extraordinary Effort all the time if they spend points to gain immunity to fatigue/exhaustion?

TFcommando

Quote from: indarkestknight on January 26, 2018, 01:54:02 AM
Alternatively... thinking about it more... The Iron Fist kind of seems like a perfect example of Extra Effort or Extraordinary Effort, doesn't it? Something that breaks the cap, but has a built in use limit?

Though I do wonder... It wouldn't really make sense for Iron Fist unless I say he's built up his chi sufficiently (shown in the comics using the Iron Fist for greater durations, for example), but couldn't someone use Extra Effort/Extraordinary Effort all the time if they spend points to gain immunity to fatigue/exhaustion?

The Tiring flaw turns a power into one that requires Extra Effort to use, giving a level of Fatigued that can be cancelled by a hero point. 

And no, the designers clarified that a while back.  Immunity to Fatigue deals with fatigue effects that have a roll or save associated with them.  Extra Effort fatigue is automatic and not stopped by any Immunity. 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TamaRose

The OOC character I was working on for another group, can I use here? My vampire/vampire hunter...or should I go a different way?

Norsegod1839

If you want to float em out then go ahead! I am sure it will be fine!

TamaRose

Okay. I have to say this group sounds fun but I have never done the numbers before. I don't understand them and honestly, I would suck at even trying to write down skill and ability numbers since none of it makes sense to me. So, I am bowing out. I am sorry for taking up everyone's time but this is to intimidating to me.

TamaRose

Okay! I know I am a pain in the ass but I will be joining. Mainly, because I was asked by a member to come back and because I had a really good friend help me with the system. As soon as I get her history done I will put up her character sheet.

keyotess