Dungeon Overlords vs Adventurers! (Dungeonbuilding, 5e D&D, NC-Exotic)

Started by Aenon, November 16, 2018, 07:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLaughingOne

OK! so.. This one is a bit of a reach... But i kinda like the idea, if its a no-go, oh well, at least i gave it a shot! ;3

Tiltania, Demon blooded adventurer

Name Tiltania
Adventurer
Overlord In Making

Backstory Scion of a fairly well respected family of Tieflings, Tiltania found life becoming something of a mess, her parents both Tiefling caused some strange oddity in her blood causing her to be born as a throwback to more pure blooded figures. Her body not subtely showing the signs of her heritage but outright stating it. Kept in secret at the family home has done little to slow Tilta, the blood letting her grow big and strong, and some how quite charming, though, even she will admit she isnt the sharpest knife in a box of rocks.. She now sets out on the path of adventure to make her own fortune after her family lost theirs.

Secretly, Tiltania dreams of becoming an overlord of her own dungeon, wanting the power and "prestige" that comes with the title, and thus is the main reason for her adventuring, to examine as many dungeons as possible, find what works, and maybe take over one for herself...

Posting rate: Sporadic, but usually fairly often.
O/O: Fairly down with all of those!

Charsheet stuff: (made using unearthed Arcana Fiendish Options)
Lvl 1 CN Tiefling (Zari Lineage)
Class: Barbarian
Backround: Outsider
Stats: Armor Class:12 HP:14 Speed: 30 Proficiency: +2
Str: 14
Dex: 13
Con: 14
Int: 6
Wis: 9
Cha: 15
Racial qualities:
+2 Charisma, +1 Strength, Darksight 60', fire resistance, Legacy of Avernus (thaugmatergy cantrip, 3rd level: searing smite (1/d) 5th level: Branding Smite (1/d) Charisma for DC
Languages:
Common, Infernal, Abyssal
Skill proficiencies:
Instrument (nyckleharpa), Athletics, Perception, Survival, Intimidation, Simple & Martial Weapons, Light & Medium Armor, shields.
Class features:
Rage: 2/d gain advantage on Str checks&saves, +2 to strength based melee attacks, and resistance VS Bludgeoning, piercing, & slashing damage.
Unarmored: Ad Con Mod to AC when not wearing armor.
Feats:

Equipment:
Maul, 2x Hand axes, 4x Javelins, Explorer's pack, Staff, Hunting trap, Trophy, Set of Travelers clothing, belt pouch.
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Vergil1989

Hey Aenon?  If you ever want to PM me for dungeon related stuff or anything, don't be shy since I'm pretty chill about stuff in general.  :D

Also, I'm definitely looking forward to this, hehe.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Kathyan

Overlord: Red gills
Race: Myconid
Class: Druid (circle of the spore UA)
History: Red, as she was initially known in her circle, lost her bright red cap to an attack from an adventurer when she was just a sprout. It never grew back and made her weak compared to the other but it also allowed her move faster. From then on she would be known as Red gills and would be recognized among other sprouts and promoted to scout and sentry. Red gills was proud of being recognized her dreams and aspirations began to grew making her want more and more but they wouldn't allow her to become a sovereign even when she was developing the qualities of one claiming she was too weak and that they wanted someone stronger to take care of the circle. Not liking this she abandoned her circle looking for a good place to start one of her own and nothing better than a dungeon to do so, if this Demon Queen would help her she would take the chance and would the world how powerful she could be.

AC: 14 (natural armor)
HP: 17 (2d8+4)
Speed: 30ft
  STR    DEX    CON   INT   WIS   CHA
8(-1) 13(+1) 15(+2) 10(+1) 15(+2) 10(+0)
Skills: Nature +3, Insight +4, Perception +4, Survival: +4
Senses: Darkvision 120ft, Passive Perception: 13
Languages: -

Racial qualities
-Distress Spores. When the myconid takes damage, all other myconids within 240 feet of it can sense its pain.
-Sun Sickness. While in sunlight, the myconid has disadvantage on ability checks, attack rolls, and saving throws. The myconid dies if it spends more than 1 hour in direct sunlight.
-Poisonous Touch. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3d4 poison damage.
-Animating Spores (1 per long rest). The myconid targets one corpse of a humanoid or a Large or smaller beast within 5 feet of it and releases spores at the corpse. In 24 hours, the corpse rises as a spore servant. The corpse stays animated for 1d4 + 1 weeks or until destroyed, and it can't be animated again in this way.
-Hallucination Spores. The myconid ejects spores at one creature it can see within 5 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. The poisoned target is incapacitated while it hallucinates. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
-Rapport Spores. A 30-foot radius of spores extends from the myconid. These spores can go around corners and affect only creatures with an Intelligence of2 or higher that aren't undead, constructs, or elementals. Affected creatures can communicate telepathically with one another while they are within 30 feet of each other. The effect lasts for 1 hour.

Class Features
Spellcasting
Symbiotic Entity
Halo of Spores

Overlord: Priscilla
Race: Mimic
History: A lot smarter than the average mimic, although still not too clever, Priscilla was able to learn the language of the adventurers and drow she preyed on. It was one of this dark skinned elves that Pricilla found out about the Demon Queen after she begged to be spared and told the mimic about the possibility of becoming an overlord. It took quite a while for Priscilla to understand what being an Overlord meant, a while that she spend sucking and feeding on the juices of the drow. Once she had left the drow woman unconscious and dry, not that would stop after finally understanding what was being told to her, Priscilla's predatory instincts told her it was a good idea to see this Demon Queen. She wouldn't have to share hunting grounds anymore, she could feed on more and more prey she thought licking the leftover of the drow's cum that was on her fingers, she could start breeding. Not thinking into the details of how she was going to achieve everything she was thinking about she began her slow jorney.

AC: 12 (natural armor)
HP: 32 (5d8+10)
Speed:  15ft
  STR    DEX    CON   INT   WIS   CHA
17(+3) 12(+1) 15(+2) 9(-1) 8(-1) 14(+2)
Skills: Deception +4, Perception +1, Perform +4
Senses: Darkvision 60ft Passive Perception: 11
Languages: Common, Undercommon

Racial qualities
-Shapechanger. The mimic can use its action to polymorph into an object from tiny to large or back into its true form. Its statistics are the same in each form. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn't transformed. It reverts to its true form if it dies or is knocked unconcious.
-Adhesive. The mimic can adhere to anything that touches it. A Huge or smaller creature adhered to the mimic is also grappled by it (escape DC 13). Ability checks made to escape this grapple have disadvantage.
-False Appearance (Object Form Only). While the mimic remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from an ordinary object.
-Grappler. The mimic has advantage on attack rolls against any creature grappled by it.
-Pseudopod. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit : 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage and the target is subjected to its Adhesive trait.

Adventurer: Dimsie Lightblade
Lvl 1 CG Human Ranger
Background: Bounty Hunter
Backstory: Having born in a family of traders was not enough for Dimsie to escape disgrace. Her parents were murdered and robbed supposedly by a close friend of them who was believed to be on business travel when she was still young, she was going to be next but she was saved by the town guards who killed them man. Surprisingly for everyone the man shifted after the final blow and was revealed to be a doppleganger. Training herself from then on and working protecting other merchants and hunting down criminals she swore to avenge her parents by going in the search of other monsters and creatures.
Stats: Armor Class: 14(15 dual wielding) HP: 11
STR 09 -1
DEX 16 +3
CON 12 +1
INT 12 +1
WIS 14 +2
CHA 12 +1
Racial qualities
+1 Dex and Wis, bonus feat, additional skill proficiency
Proficiencies
Light and medium armors, shields, simple and martial weapons
Tools: Gaming Dice, Thieves' tools
Saves: Str, Dex
Skills: Deception, Insight, Investigation, Perception, Stealth, Survival
Languages: Abyssal, Common, Undercommon
Class features
Favored Enemy (monstrousities), Natural Explorer (Underdark)
Feats
Dual Wielder
Equipment
Leather armor, 2 shortswords, dungeoneer pack, longbow and quiver with 20 arrows, common clothes, thieves' tools.

Adventurer: Anuka Brima
Lvl 1 N Tiefling Warlock
Backround: Hermit
Backstory: Small horns, scales on face, hands and feet, no tail and a strange brimstone-like smell, Anuka was born different even among her own race so she faced discrimination even among her own and decided to retire from every settlement and live in solitude. She learned how to survive in the wild but didn't seek to commune with nature at at all. One day though she had an epiphany given by Vecna himself who shared a glimpse of his knowledge with her, that undead just as tieflings were misunderstood and that they could in fact live together with other beings. This unique discovery left Anuka eager to learn more and hiding her fiendish appearance with a skull and bandages she abandoned her seclusion in order to go and travel to find out more about this 'truth'.
Stats: Armor Class: 13 HP: 10
Str: 08 -1
Dex: 14 +3
Con: 14 +1
Int: 12 +1
Wis: 11 --
Cha: 16 +3
Racial qualities
+2 Cha and +1 Int, darkvision 60ft, hellish resistance (fire), Infernal Legacy: thaumaturgy cantrip, at level 3 Helish Rebuke 2nd(1/d) and at level 5 Darkness(1/d)
Proficiencies
Light armor, simple weapons
Tools: herbalism kit
Saves: Wis, Cha
Skills: Medicine, Investigation, Intimidation, Religion
Languages: Common, Infernal, +1
Class features
Otherwordly Patron (The Undying): you learn the Spare the dying cantrip and gain advantage on saves against any disease. Also undeads that target you directly with an attack harmful spell (area spells don't count) they must make a Wis save or choose a new target or forfeit targeting someone else potentially wasting the attack or spell. On a successful save the target is immune for 24 hours. An undead is also immune if you target it with a attack or harmful spell.
Pact Magic (1 slot 1st level, recharge at short rest)
Spells
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Mage Hand, Spare the dying, Thaumaturgy
Spells Known: Armor of Agathys, Hex
Equipment
Light crossbow and 20 bolts, an arcane focus (a crystal skull), scholar’s pack, Leather armor, Bone Mace, two daggers
A scroll case stuffed full of  notes from your studies, a winter blanket, a set of common clothes, an herbalism kit, and 5 gp

Adventurer: Puss
Lvl 1 CN Shifter(swiftstride) Rogue
Background: Artist
Backstory: Moved by no other reason than curiosity and the desire to travel to new places and met new people Puss became a traveling performer, although she always seemed to spend more money than she earned. Questionable but charismatic 'friends' who saw her talent for captivating people and her natural nimbleness invited to join them and who was her to say no to a free dinner. She enjoyed her time with them and before she realized it, although she never really questioned herself, she was already part of a thieves guild where she earned lots of money but which she ended up wasting lavishly. But sedentariness was not a quality of her and she would feel an urge to continue traveling again in the look for new experiences and new adventures and yet new people. What could be expecting for her at the horizon she wondered as she continued her way into the unknown.
Stats: Armor Class: 14 HP: 10
STR 08 -1
DEX 16 +3
CON 14 +2
INT 12 +1
WIS 12 +1
CHA 14 +2
Racial qualities
+2 Des and +1 Cha, Darkvision 60, Keen senses (Perception proficiency), Graceful (Acrobatics proficiency), +5 speed.
Shifting (once per short rest): As a bonus action, you can assume a more bestial appearance. This transformation lasts for 1 minute, until you die, or until you revert to your normal appearance as a bonus action. When you shift, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution. While shifted, your walking speed increases by an additional 5 feet. Additionally, you can move up to 10 feet as a reaction when an enemy ends its turn within 5 feet of you. This movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks.
Proficiencies
Light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbow, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Tools: Thieves' tools, Disguise Kit, Flute
Saves: Dex, Int
Skills: Acrobatics, Investigation, Perception, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Performance
Languages: Common.
Class features
Expertise (Thieves' tools, Persuasion), Sneak attack (1d6), Thieves' Cant
Equipment
2 shortswords, a shortbow and quiver of 20 arrows, a burglar’s pack, Leather armor, two daggers, and thieves’ tools, a musical instrument (flute), the favor of an admirer (a apir of used elvish panties), a costume, and a belt pouch containing 5 gp.

Posting Rate: about 3 times per week
O/Os: I'm ok with all those mentioned except for pregnancy.

Hamadryad

Got my character all sorted out, will probably make more later on. I'm keen for some dungeons!
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Bree
Wood Elf Druid 1 1

AC 11 HP 7 Speed 35ft

Str 8 (-1) Dex 10 (0) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 14 (2) Cha 12 (1)

Attacks
Quarterstaff 1d6 BLDG

Feats & Traits

Feature: Discovery
Druidic
Spellcasting
Mask of the Wild
Fey Ancestry
Darkvision

Spellcasting
2 1st level slots.
Can prepare four spells.

CANTRIPS:
Guidance
Poison Spray

1st Level Spells:
Thunderwave
Animal Friendship

The entire, better sheet is on mythweavers.

Laughing Hyena

Alright Im gonna buckle down and finish my own overlord. Don't like waiting a moment longer. ^_^

Roleplay Frog

Wellwell, this one's gonna take some sorting and shuffling ain't it.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on November 21, 2018, 05:09:44 AM
Wellwell, this one's gonna take some sorting and shuffling ain't it.

Yes I believe so. My lizard man overlord is complete if anyone cares to look at the public version. Sorry I gotta keep somethings a surprise. Especially if he wants to get hands on.

rikka

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on November 21, 2018, 05:10:51 AM
Yes I believe so. My lizard man overlord is complete if anyone cares to look at the public version. Sorry I gotta keep somethings a surprise. Especially if he wants to get hands on.

Please reserve the monster transformation for my character for the climax, after all 'methods' have been exhausted, if ever.  :P
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Roleplay Frog

As for me, I quite like Hyena's idea of a 'rescue-run' opportunity personally.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: rikka on November 21, 2018, 05:18:27 AM
Please reserve the monster transformation for my character for the climax, after all 'methods' have been exhausted, if ever.  :P

You mean when she is hopelessly broken in and is a mere shell of what she once was, eager to indulge in her new life amongst new lovers? Kind of a reward for newfound loyalty? Deal. ^_^

By the way, good to see a familiar face rikka.

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on November 21, 2018, 05:33:51 AM
As for me, I quite like Hyena's idea of a 'rescue-run' opportunity personally.

Like I said, I have no problems with such a chance. If you have further questions about what I might run and what horrors you'd want off the table, Im more for lending a moment to talk it out.

Roleplay Frog

Let's see how the stuff is arranged, but I'm cool with what I readhear there this far. :P

Aenon

Ok, I went through all of the overlord char sheets.

c0i9z and Chulanowa have overlords w/o stats (feel free to PM me if you need help/suggestions).

The approved Overlords are here.

If you have more than one approved, you can pick one of them to start, or pick multiple of them.
Tell me if you want me to post your char sheet there, or if you want to keep it hidden (even though it is probably in this thread, but w/e).

If you have posted an Overlord here, and I haven't mentioned you or PM'ed you, feel free to PM me.

I will make a first post for the Overlords side, and then go through the adventurers.

To answer: Yes, we do accept more Overlords, however we have enough already and it doesn't depend on me if there will be enough adventurers  :-\

Roleplay Frog

I threw three adventurers in the ring, and pending the awesomness of the overlords, could totally go for more characters in due time... though I do want to give a fair fight, if my characters end up winning, so be it.... :P

Laughing Hyena

Hopefully that will not be the case. I'm eager to see what I can make up my dungeon in, though depending on the hopeful prospects, I should tailor to some sultry needs. ^_^

Roleplay Frog

Sounds kinky... I've actually thought the opposite would be the case, that the overlords would kind of 'present' their dungeons, and adventurers could kind of pick out what they want.. you know.. The punchy-facey types might be more into GOLGOTH THE MIGHTY and his almost arena like dungeon filled with bondage-implements smart snarky wizard kids might want to go visit Nyhalthete the futa-mummy with her dozens of riddle-traps and mind-controlling trickery and degenerates like me might want a dungeon that's build to handle different approaches with different lewd corruptive 'Rewards' *chuckles*

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I feel tempted to steal this idea and run it in pathfinder with perhaps a more one or two adventurer, one overlord approach, not to say that player parties aren't fun, but the overlord to player unbalance plus the fact that you got players making entire teams is a strong hint that that might sweeten how the cookie crumbles.  You could also offer a system where a player can either have 1 lvl 4 adventurers, 2 lvl 2 adventurers, etc, and scale leveling accordingly while maintaining the challenges...

Aenon, what's your stance on plagiarism? :P
(Not immediatly of course, I try to never make 'competing' ideas)

Aenon

I have something like that in mind, but I think it would be more manageable, at least for now, to have chars at the same level.

What? You would dare to steam my totally original idea?  :o  Sure go ahead :P You can even co-dm here and arrange some Pathfinder adventurers/overlords if you want to, later. I am just not up to handling the PF stuff since I have missed most of the new content. And by new I mean most of it.

The IC thread for the Overlords is here. Those who have an Overlord character can join even without approved stats, however he will still need stats before he can actually build a dungeon. Adventurers can take a look, but not participate. But no metagaming if you do so!

The spicy dungeon building details will be handled with PMs.

(replying to PM's, and the adventurers are next)

Vergil1989

I think we need an OOC there Aenon.  Just a thought.  :P

Also, why post multiple times when you could just edit your post to include everyone together?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Aenon on November 21, 2018, 10:11:21 AM
I have something like that in mind, but I think it would be more manageable, at least for now, to have chars at the same level.

What? You would dare to steam my totally original idea?  :o  Sure go ahead :P You can even co-dm here and arrange some Pathfinder adventurers/overlords if you want to, later. I am just not up to handling the PF stuff since I have missed most of the new content. And by new I mean most of it.

I'ma totally steam it, It'll be on Valve's front page I'ma steam it so hard..

Well, I could just ask who here would be interested in a pathfinder alternative while I got you.

Aenon

I was busy, and in few mins I'll be even busier  :o It looks like this is the rush hour?  :P

Expect some major delays (if I manage to post at all).

Also: If you post your char sheet on the approved page, put it in spoiler tags because...well because that's what spoiler tags are for :P Adventurers will be posting their sheets there too, later.

Roleplay Frog

Vergil1989

Quote from: Aenon on November 21, 2018, 11:21:44 AM
I was busy, and in few mins I'll be even busier  :o It looks like this is the rush hour?  :P

Expect some major delays (if I manage to post at all).

Also: If you post your char sheet on the approved page, put it in spoiler tags because...well because that's what spoiler tags are for :P Adventurers will be posting their sheets there too, later.

Meh, makes sense, but it'd likely be easier from here on to simply reply to everyone in a single post, but that's just me and my opinion.  :D  That aside, an OOC would still be greatly appreciated, but otherwise I rather like what I'm seeing so far.

Lol and poor Zeyen.  Someone needs to help the poor beholder open doors apparently.  That actually gives me an idea though.  True, we're all vying for our Queen's attention, but there's nothing that says us Overlords have to go this alone.  If anyone wants to partner up with Zaria, I'm all for it.

Brittlby

I wouldn’t mind throwing together an adventurer or two!

Name: Die Frau (or just Frau)

Adventurer

Backstory: The shameful bastard child of nobility who was jailed so as not to muddy the bloodline, a witness to a murder by a wealthy merchant who paid to have her “vanished”, a child pickpocket who stole a loaf of bread but due to a clerical mishap was sentenced to decades of solitary confinement, a young slave who would plucked the eye of her owner out...

Stories circulate about the youth of Die Frau, and none have ever been proven to have any substance. What IS known is she is a creature that was raised in incarceration. A prisoner who fell between the ledgers, while her initial crime remains unknown, she has since gained notoriety for her skill as an escapist and assassin.

She has no name and no family. An urban feral, she is a changeable monster that craves freedom but is eager for the strictures of bondage... if only so she can escape again.

Post Rate: Usually every other day.

O/O: Open to all of those on the list!
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Ampere

Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Brittlby

... the only problem is I don’t know if I want to go Rogue or Barbarian. Lol
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O