The Shattering (DC/Marvel Crossover) [Recruiting]

Started by Totoro, April 30, 2018, 09:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

Quote from: persephone325 on May 07, 2018, 10:04:15 PM
Not that I'm trying to create an all powerful god-like character - just wanna know how many powers is too many? lol

Basically a feeling thing, I'm trying to judge case by case. Try and simplify them and put them under a general thing like:

Enhanced Physiology: Description of their enhanced physiology.

Magic Use: Description of their connection to magic.

Could include a small list underneath of what they have like just:

Enhanced Physiology: Description

-Superhuman Strength
-Superhuman Speed
-Superhuman Endurance

Magic needs some idea of the type and style of spells they have access to.

Timeless

Hmm, I'm still deciding whether to go with either a female or male character but I am keen on having Dr. Strange and Zatanna as the claimed parents if they are still available?

At the moment, how's the male and female ratio?

Totoro

Quote from: Timeless on May 08, 2018, 01:38:38 PM
Hmm, I'm still deciding whether to go with either a female or male character but I am keen on having Dr. Strange and Zatanna as the claimed parents if they are still available?

At the moment, how's the male and female ratio?

Ratio wise I know of at least 4-5 females and one male. So heavily female leaning. Fair few interested but undecided.

No claims as of yet to either Strange or Zatanna, although I will say magic users need to be pretty well defined. No 'Can access any spell they need for any task' style power descriptions.

Timeless

Quote from: Sun Wukong on May 08, 2018, 01:47:12 PM
Ratio wise I know of at least 4-5 females and one male. So heavily female leaning. Fair few interested but undecided.

No claims as of yet to either Strange or Zatanna, although I will say magic users need to be pretty well defined. No 'Can access any spell they need for any task' style power descriptions.

No worries - I figured as much, and really, I would make certain the character's magic usage would be defined in what they could do. Mhmm, but I'll see about a male character then.

Totoro

Quote from: Timeless on May 08, 2018, 01:56:07 PM
No worries - I figured as much, and really, I would make certain the character's magic usage would be defined in what they could do. Mhmm, but I'll see about a male character then.

Sounds good, let me know if you want any help brainstorming.

In general, going for everyone, if you're ever not sure about part of the world or your character then just PM me and I can try to clarify and help you out.

persephone325

Question; was wondering if having my character have some form of control over life and death (like her mother, Hela) would be too powerful? I've been trying to find a way to tone it down so it doesn't seem so powerful, but I'm drawing a blank.

If you'd rather I'd not use that power all together, then that's fine. I don't think it would hurt my character sheet any. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

BlackStone

I can come up with an OC male character.  Former USMC officer, now has darkforce manipulation which makes him few pretty good had ass.  Might be a better fit than me writing a female role.  They all come out as do.imaging nymphos to my liking.

Totoro

Quote from: persephone325 on May 09, 2018, 12:27:41 AM
Question; was wondering if having my character have some form of control over life and death (like her mother, Hela) would be too powerful? I've been trying to find a way to tone it down so it doesn't seem so powerful, but I'm drawing a blank.

If you'd rather I'd not use that power all together, then that's fine. I don't think it would hurt my character sheet any. ^^

Put everything you want to be on the CS on it and if it feels over the top or like it'll be problematic then we can adapt it. It really depends on the nature of control over life and death. Absolute control over all life and death would be way too much but some capacity for temporary resurrection, or resurrection into life as an 'undead' like raising zombies/skeletons could be doable.

Quote from: BlackStone on May 09, 2018, 03:07:35 AM
I can come up with an OC male character.  Former USMC officer, now has darkforce manipulation which makes him few pretty good had ass.  Might be a better fit than me writing a female role.  They all come out as do.imaging nymphos to my liking.

There are quite a few Darkforce related characters, maybe use one of them in the parentage? I generally want characters to have a parentage on at least one side. But yeah that might fit better if you're more confident writing a male here. I'm trying to avoid nympho characters.

Gannameade

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Crensler

Have to say, this has caught my interest.  I'll have to think about what sort of character I would like to play, however.

Totoro

I appreciate the interest so far but I'm going to be putting this idea on hold. A combination of my personal life not being as stable as I believed it to be and a lack of interest transferring into character sheets.

Thanks again to everyone interested so far, and I may well re-open this concept in future. It's something I'm really interested in but it's a lot of work and I think I'm going to look to running something smaller.

Crensler

Ah, well, such is life.  Good luck with everything, mate, and have a good day as well ^^

Totoro

Apologies for the timing, it wasn't you. I just wanted to say before anyone else spent time on CS's and concepts.

Sorry to everyone who did put time into a character sheet, and thank you.