Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Alright, so about our characters armor coloration, just to be clear, we have Patric in white and gold in Master Chief armor, the mark 6 I think it was, Hunter in black and red in Noble 6 armor, not sure what mark that is, myself in blue and gold, Shana in marine fatigues so, camo green, and Fry in an ODST uniform which I'm guessing is just black, is that right?

It's important I get this right in order for me to draw the characters accurately. I'm going to copy the thread down and then print out a page at a time so I don't use a whole lot of ink.

Sushi, what does Valkyrie's armor look like?

TyKing

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on May 11, 2012, 11:23:42 PMOr have a friend or relative that is?

Both of these actually, but what helped me the most was writing on a marine RP for five years. The site admin served in the USMC during the Persian Gulf and made us all go through a 'boot camp' where we learned the traditions and jargon of the Corps. I really liked it.

Quote..and Fry in an ODST uniform which I'm guessing is just black, is that right?

10-4.

Gladiator0161

Interesting. Alright, Fry in black ODST armor, got it. Is the visor black as well or is it the standard silver color that most have?

TyKing

I'd say standard silver. ODSTs seem more about bad-ass tactics than flashy uniforms. ;)

Gladiator0161

Alright, good to know :)

So, what has everyone been up to lately? I watched Avengers for the 2nd time a couple days ago. Love that movie. Anyone seen that yet?

ashia starstreak

I adored what the Hulk does to Thor near the end, cracked me up!

Well TyKing I may just need to refer to you when it comes to marine knowledge. I've only completed two years in army rotc in high school..didn't like being told what to do so I doubt I could handle the real thing.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Gladiator0161

Hahahaha! I loved that part too! That got me cracking up both times!

"Puny god" Hulk says afterwards, lol.

Freaking hilarious! xD

ashia starstreak

With Loki ya, The Hulk is great, wouldn't want to be in his way though.

TyKing

Quote from: ashia starstreak on May 17, 2012, 12:05:27 AMWell TyKing I may just need to refer to you when it comes to marine knowledge. I've only completed two years in army rotc in high school..didn't like being told what to do so I doubt I could handle the real thing.

That's cool, I'm always eager to help another hard-charger. I had three years of ROTC, it was compulsory and I hated just about every minute of it, except when we went bivouac or to the firing range, that was always kind of fun. :) The PT, parade and drill stuff they can keep. I thought the classes were interesting though and I can use a compass and learned how to traverse a field full of landmines (vey carefully ;) ), so that's always good to know.

It makes a big difference when you're in a RP setting though because you choose to be there. Don't misunderstand me, we weren't LARPing a boot camp scenario, that would be a level of weirdness to which I can't commit. It was an online experience that my character/s had and through it I learned more about marine traditions and customs.

I want to go see the Avengers this weekend. I love Iron Man and Iron Man 2 but from what I hear, Hulk steals the show.

Gladiator0161

Interesting, and I agree. Part of me wants to try Larping just to try it but, taking it that far I couldn't do.

Hulk very nearly does, Robert Downing Jr, Iron Man, though I think does a better job over all. Then again, I couldn't really take my eyes off of Scarlett Johanson either whenever she came up. That is one hott woman in my opinion. Idk, I probably couldn't choose a favorite character in the movie, they all did really really well.

Sushi

@Gladiator: "MK V "Recon" chassis with "Para" kneepads and a CQC type helmet, enhanced with an improved military uplink system. All done in tan with black accents." From the character profile. Though I think full tan might be the most accurate. Also, not seen in games but the standard chest ammo pouches and those grenade-carrying drums.

I'm actually going to watch the Avengers in a few days. That should be fun~
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

So, in an attempt to get posts going again, since Vengurd is dealing with some issues, which I will not go into out of respect for him. An encouraging word from you guys wouldn't hurt though ;)

I PMed a few people that were around before but, dropped out for reasons entirely of their own.

I have great news! Goldentouch is coming back with her Spartan Adelaine!

The Golden Touch

-Kicks her Muse in the ass and bounces off to post-

Adelaine will be moving in from her LZ she left two days ago to meet up with Fry by chance before Gladiator gets there.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

ashia starstreak

Aw poor Vengurd. Well I'll post tomorrow then. Two female spartans what will you boys do with yourselves? haha funny funny..don't smoosh Shana Golden tough O-O she is only five foot even.

Gladiator0161

I know! Maybe Gladiator will be able to have some female companionship for a change! Lol.

Gladiator has only ever had men in the squads he was in, lol.

Sushi

I'll get a post up in a bit. I was just seeing who else would post in the meanwhile~
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

The Golden Touch

Working on dinner prep. Writing the past two days events for Adelaine is taking longer than I thought. >>;;

TyKing

Quote from: The Golden Touch on May 19, 2012, 12:07:36 AMAdelaine will be moving in from her LZ she left two days ago to meet up with Fry by chance before Gladiator gets there.

Sweet.

Gladiator0161

Don't worry about how long it'll take you to write out your post Golden Touch, just have fun with it. We can wait ;)

Sushi

Post up~

Anybody is welcome to make a reply to that message thingie. I'm not exactly sure where everyone is xD

The Golden Touch

I should have one up fairly soon. Don't really want to fall further behind. >>;;

Gladiator0161

Awesome. Keep up the good work guys! :D

I was gonna wait until Vengurd posted but, I dunno if I should now. I don't know when he plans on posting. I'll talk to him again and see what can be done.

The Golden Touch

-Coughs-

Er... Long post. >> <<;;;

Gladiator0161

The Golden Touch