Exalted: Abyssals

Started by Elohim, October 23, 2008, 04:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elohim

I am looking for an Exalted ST, I know that, that in and of itself is asking for a lot.  But, I’m not interested in playing Lunar’s, Sidereal, or Solars.  I want to play an Abyssal, and not just any sort of an Abyssal, a Dusk caste that lives up to the rumor’s of how terrifying they are.  The goal of the story would be simple, I’m not particularly interested in destroying creation as a plot for the game, that’s a little to bleak for me, but I would really enjoy a circle marching to war against the Empire bringing to bear all sorts of necromantic nastiness, and violence upon anyone foolish enough to stand in their way

Kolbrandr

Just noting that I'd love to play if this gets going. Some sort of Midnight oblivion philosopher/preacher type thing.

I imagine you'll probably get a bunch of "would love to play, not run" posts here mind you..

Elohim

There has to be an ST out there willing to run a real Abyssal campaign... 

Pumpkin Seeds

I wouldn't mind running an Abyssal game, but as I don't have the books that is a bit outside my reach.  Maybe once I get them, read'em and get a handle on GMing in general I'd feel more comfortable.

eavatar

I dig the abyssals. What we could do is set some non gm things, like who are we and maybe who are our Death Lord/Lady. Maybe we could serve one of the non cannon dark lord. What do you think?

Elohim

I'd look forward to that Asku, thank you very much.

HairyHeretic

I've run Abyssals both pen and paper and on RPoL, but I'm afraid I don't think I have time to GM another game at present .. no real strong campaign ideas for Abyssals either. I can probably give a hand with character generation if that would help things along though. I've a complete set of Exalted books.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Pumpkin Seeds

If ever I get something going, might have to look you up for that Monkey King.

Muse

ANoyone having any luck in here? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Christmas Elf Asku on December 20, 2008, 09:41:00 PM
If ever I get something going, might have to look you up for that Monkey King.

Yeah, not a problem.

My own Abyssals campaign was fun. I ended up with the Abyssal version of The Mystery Men .. not so much evil as overpowered incompetance. You've never seen so many botched rolls in one game  :D

I still have fond memories of the Infernal Badger  :D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Mystic Dragon

I'd like to play but I need to get the books first to know what I'm getting into(2nd edition, I assume?). I usually play DnD and Shadowrun, and occasionally SW.

That said, I LOVE evil fiends.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Pumpkin Seeds

Well, the books are being shipped to me.  Getting the Abyssal book, Underworld and the Demon/Ghost book.

HairyHeretic

I presume you have the core rulebook as well?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

HairyHeretic

I'm afraid I have no idea what you just said :)

It may be a stupid question, but I have known one or two people who didn't realise that the likes of Abyssals is an expansion, and that you needed the core book to start with.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

just means of course.  For some reason my head comes up with that one phrase in spanish before the english.  Can't even speak spanish all that well, but whatever.

I have access to most of the books, only missing the East and the First Age.

HairyHeretic

Dreams of the First Age isn't anywhere near essential for a normal campaign. Fun to have, of course, but not sure you can use much of it elsewhere.

The region books are always handy to have, but if you have the 1st ed book you should be able to pretty much wing it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

Well...got them now so I'll start reading through.

Elohim

Awesome!  Thank you so much!

Pumpkin Seeds

Alright..I gave the Abyssal book a good look over.  The general desire is for a war game of the Abyssals versus the Realm yes?

Elohim

Well, that's what I'm looking for.  I wouldn't mind a little political intruige,  and of course character interaction but epic scale warfare is what I'm hoping for.

Muse

Sounds like fun to me.  Necrotech war machienes are fun. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

Well, obviously the Realm won't fall in one day and there's alot of angles to work for that end.  I'm just trying to figure out which Deathlord to use or if I should make one up.  Thinking the Lion might be best...just go after Realm satrapies in the South and then make an assault on the Blessed Isle.

Elohim

Alright,  and I agree with Lion would probably be my prefered Deathlord.

Pumpkin Seeds

Alright, we'll plan for a setting along the South then with an emphasis on warfare.