The Time Turner [closed thread]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 12, 2015, 10:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Spider

If someone comes in as Hermione and doesnt choose Emma Watson, I will be sad. because Emma Watson is perfection
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Crash

Golden - You are getting dangerously close to telling others what they should and should not be doing with characters. That is the purview of Dis as she is the GM.  I know if I was someone joining this game as Harry or Hermione and you were saying some of the things you have been saying about characters I would look for another game.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Golden Spider

Oh okay I guess I missed the memo that stated that people were not allowed to have opinions anymore.

Crash

Opinions are fine and I was giving you mine.  Take it or leave it, it is up to you.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

undisclosedtoyou

Hey guys, okay, so with this, I value everyone's opinions, and I can see where you're both coming from.  I'm sure Golden wasn't meaning to come across as telling people what they should and shouldn't do with their characters.  But since this is the internet and it's easy for miscommunication to happen, since we don't have any visual or auditory cues to go off of, I can also see where Crash might think that Golden is being too communicative with his opinions.  As long as we all keep in mind that as a GM I'm giving people the freedom to portray their characters however they like(to an extent), and that while everyone's opinions are valid, it's ultimately up to the player and myself on what people can and cannot do with their characters, we should be fine.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Hey guy's, so we have a character thread now, so for everyone who's gotten their characters approved, feel free to hop on over there and post them up.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

Sweet. and how the hell did you find that sweet-ass font.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 16, 2015, 11:13:31 PM
Sweet. and how the hell did you find that sweet-ass font.

It is pretty sweet, right!  I got it from a font generating site called Flaming text
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Yeah I really need to have Padma meet Pansy.  I have no idea how well they get along, but no matter what that will be fun!

PreciousPetra

Now look what you have all done. Reading through all these posts is tempting me to ask to play Hermione!!!!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 07:48:10 AM
Now look what you have all done. Reading through all these posts is tempting me to ask to play Hermione!!!!

-tempts youuuuu- you should definitely do that!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

I really don't take much tempting! Haha

Please reserve Hermione for me though I will state now though she is straight she will more than likely not be married to Ron. I just never saw them together in my head!

Crash

Your character Precious you do what you want with her.  Welcome aboard!

PreciousPetra

Thanks Crash :-)

Now I just have to decide on a play by and a bio sheet. Lucky I am not at work till Thursday!

Crash

PreciousPetra

Name Hermione Granger
Sexuality:Heterosexual.
Blood status:Muggle born.
Occupation:Ministry of Magic: Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
Marital Status:Single.
Children:None.
Hobbies:Reading, writing and spending time with her friends.

Post War Bio:After the final battle she returned to Hogwarts to complete her education having missed her seventh year because of the war and having gone  hunting for Horcruxes with Harry and Ron. All through her school years she had thought her future might be with Ron but a heated kiss during the final battle and a brief affair after the war threw cold water on those thoughts. Though she loved him she soon realized it was the same love she felt for Harry...the two of them were like her brothers and relationships as close as theirs should never be ruined by sex!

Having gained her N.E.W.T.s she interviewed for and won a position within the Ministry in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Now ten years on from the final battle she has risen through the ranks to Magical Law Enforcement. This was the career she had wanted and had worked hard to  obtain though her private life had proved less successful. Hermione had wanted it all, a career, a husband and children but at 27 she only had her career and the memory of her beloved childhood cat Crookshanks. Not that she hadn't dated or had flings and affairs, she had but she had wisely kept those from becoming public knowledge despite Rita Skeeters best efforts to expose them! Just as when she was at school she has a few very close friends whom she spent time with and who knew of her loves and losses and just as it had been since they were 11 she had shared more with Harry than Ron..perhaps partly because she had never been foolish enough to have a fling with the boy who lived.

Being someone who wishes to forgive but never forget she has fought hard to help change the laws from within the Ministry. This has meant she has had involvement with several pure bloods whom at one time may have despised her simply because she was a Mudblood.       

Personality: Has been called bossy as well as brilliant since she was a child and that hasn't changed. She is still a loyal friend though now one or two of those friends now include former students of Slytherin. Less uptight than she was at 17 she enjoys having her nose in a glass of wine just as much as a book these days. Losing so many people reminded her that life can be all too short and sometimes it's fine to let your hair down, drink, dance, laugh and have fun. However she still fears failure which is why she works so hard, in her mind it compensates for her personal life which she finds much harder to control...much like flying on a broom which she still avoids at all costs! She is strong but sometimes her more vulnerable side will appear, when it does she relies on those close to her to help her through with a shoulder to cry on and some words of wisdom that perhaps match her own. Oh and not forgetting the chocolate!

NOTE: I know there is no play by attached and there are two reasons for that. The first I am debating between Emma Watson or perhaps someone else and secondly...I have no clue how to make an attractive looking Hermione photo graphic thingy!

Crash

Chose who you looks like Hermione.  I am sure there are people that can help with a pic.

PreciousPetra

In the past when playing her it's normally been during the book years so it was always Emma Watson. The one time I played her older I used Kate Winslet as she did a film where in my view she looked like a bushy haired mid twenties Hermione...but of course now Emma is almost the right age anyway :-)

Crash

I head read the books early on so I don't feel so attached to the actors I guess.  I felt they did a good job with casting but the ideas of what the characters looked like we're already in my head yeah know. 

Golden Spider

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 07:56:22 AM
she will more than likely not be married to Ron. I just never saw them together in my head!

You are now beloved to me.

Golden Spider

Also regarding a sparkly grpahical pic. it doesn't need to be all that. If you like Luna's pic all I did was add some text, it can be that easy

Also in case you havent noticed I have changed Luna's sexuality. now listed as bi, I did this because while She is going to be mostly lesbian, with what the fling with Neville in the past... well I think Luna isn't someone who would ever be confused about her sexuality, or be unaware she was gay.

Roen

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 17, 2015, 12:42:46 PM
well I think Luna isn't someone who would ever be confused about her sexuality, or be unaware she was gay.

Unlike Harry, for whom the most accurate label would be, in my opinion, Derpsexual >_>

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Golden Spider

Quote from: Roen on August 17, 2015, 12:52:10 PM
Unlike Harry, for whom the most accurate label would be, in my opinion, Derpsexual >_>

Derpsexual... I personally like that a lot more than Queersexual which is last I checked was the term for questioning

Roen

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 17, 2015, 02:20:38 PM
Derpsexual... I personally like that a lot more than Queersexual which is last I checked was the term for questioning

Derpsexuality: An orientation of a man with the sexual intelligence, grace and insight of a Teletubby.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 11:08:02 AM
Name Hermione Granger
Sexuality:Heterosexual.
Blood status:Muggle born.
Occupation:Ministry of Magic: Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
Marital Status:Single.
Children:None.
Hobbies:Reading, writing and spending time with her friends.

Post War Bio:After the final battle she returned to Hogwarts to complete her education having missed her seventh year because of the war and having gone  hunting for Horcruxes with Harry and Ron. All through her school years she had thought her future might be with Ron but a heated kiss during the final battle and a brief affair after the war threw cold water on those thoughts. Though she loved him she soon realized it was the same love she felt for Harry...the two of them were like her brothers and relationships as close as theirs should never be ruined by sex!

Having gained her N.E.W.T.s she interviewed for and won a position within the Ministry in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Now ten years on from the final battle she has risen through the ranks to Magical Law Enforcement. This was the career she had wanted and had worked hard to  obtain though her private life had proved less successful. Hermione had wanted it all, a career, a husband and children but at 27 she only had her career and the memory of her beloved childhood cat Crookshanks. Not that she hadn't dated or had flings and affairs, she had but she had wisely kept those from becoming public knowledge despite Rita Skeeters best efforts to expose them! Just as when she was at school she has a few very close friends whom she spent time with and who knew of her loves and losses and just as it had been since they were 11 she had shared more with Harry than Ron..perhaps partly because she had never been foolish enough to have a fling with the boy who lived.

Being someone who wishes to forgive but never forget she has fought hard to help change the laws from within the Ministry. This has meant she has had involvement with several pure bloods whom at one time may have despised her simply because she was a Mudblood.       

Personality: Has been called bossy as well as brilliant since she was a child and that hasn't changed. She is still a loyal friend though now one or two of those friends now include former students of Slytherin. Less uptight than she was at 17 she enjoys having her nose in a glass of wine just as much as a book these days. Losing so many people reminded her that life can be all too short and sometimes it's fine to let your hair down, drink, dance, laugh and have fun. However she still fears failure which is why she works so hard, in her mind it compensates for her personal life which she finds much harder to control...much like flying on a broom which she still avoids at all costs! She is strong but sometimes her more vulnerable side will appear, when it does she relies on those close to her to help her through with a shoulder to cry on and some words of wisdom that perhaps match her own. Oh and not forgetting the chocolate!

NOTE: I know there is no play by attached and there are two reasons for that. The first I am debating between Emma Watson or perhaps someone else and secondly...I have no clue how to make an attractive looking Hermione photo graphic thingy!

Oooh, I like her! If you need help with the picture let me know.  But you can also just put a pic up when you find one, and just add a name into the sheet, if you want to.  But yeah, she's pretty much approved by me. 

Also, hahahaa I'm not the only one who thought the Ron/Hermoine pairing was weird! 

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 17, 2015, 12:42:46 PM
Also in case you havent noticed I have changed Luna's sexuality. now listed as bi, I did this because while She is going to be mostly lesbian, with what the fling with Neville in the past... well I think Luna isn't someone who would ever be confused about her sexuality, or be unaware she was gay.

Okay, gotcha!

Quote from: Roen on August 17, 2015, 03:10:58 PM
Derpsexuality: An orientation of a man with the sexual intelligence, grace and insight of a Teletubby.

OMG yes!

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's