The Time Turner [closed thread]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 12, 2015, 10:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

When you think about it, Harry Potter and Will Graham aren't that different from each other, conceptually speaking.

Both are protagonists in stories about killers that are seemingly impossible to take down.
Both hand picked by the villain, scarred by him and groomed to be their downfall.
Both share a dark side with the villain, which eventually gives them an edge in catching the killer.

Both, eventually, survive the killer and cut their link to him out of their lives, and by doing so- making themselves whole and available for love.

I haven't decided yet. I like the worn out look Dancy has for Harry, but I'll probably make my pick when I write the CS.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Crash

My first run at Padma

Sexuality: Lesbian
Blood status: Pureblood
Marital Status: Divorced
Children: None thank Ganesh.  Not that I don’t want them, just that it would have made things harder.
Hobbies: Photography, dancing (yes she loves Bollywood), puzzles and hiking
Post War Bio: After the Battle of Hogwarts  in which she fought be her sister’s side she graduated from Hogwarts and moved back to Indian with her family.  Like many of Dumbledore’s Army the Auror’s had inquired about her training to join their department.  She had shown an aptitude for Defense Against the Dark Arts, but felt no compulsion to continue with training after the battle was over.  She had joined Dumbledore’s Army because it was the right thing to do and in her mind was necessary.  With Voldemort gone and the Death Eaters routed she declined the offered training. 

Her parents are very traditional and had arranged her marriage to a young strapping wizard, he courted her for a year before she could stall the inevitable for no longer and they were married.  Her husband was not a bad man.  Any young woman would have been happy to have him.  He was good-looking, came from a wealthy family and treated her with respect.  For him it was love at first sight, for Padma it was another lie she told herself and her family.  She lived the lie of a happily married woman for two years before she could no longer take it. 

She told her husband the truth. That she could never be the wife he wished her to be.  She cared for him sure, but she did not love him and never would.  Her husband was devastated and her parents distraught.  Her twin sister Parvati said she had known all along and she may well have, but Padma figured it had little to do with her sister’s supposed aptitude for divination, and more to do with the fact that there was little they could keep hidden from one another no matter how hard they tried.

Using her experience from Dumbledore’s Army, her aptitude for arithmancy and defense of the dark arts Padma took a job as a Curse Breaker for Gringott’s.  Her job served two purposes.  It was a lucrative job and it involved constant travel all over the world.  Padma needed time away from family and her ex-husband.  She needed to accept herself or at least begin too and her new job was just the thing.  Padma spent the last five years travelling the world as a Curse Breaker.  During this time she discovered a love of wizarding photography and has taken many wonderful pictures during her travels.  She has just finished up her latest contract with Gringott’s and finds herself at a crossroads.  She can re-up with Gringott’s for another 5 years as a contract Curse Breaker, or take some time away from her job to pursue other interests.  Her sister Parvati, now the Divination professor at Hogwarts, invited her to London for a few weeks for a visit and she decided to take her up on her offer.   

Personality:

Now that Padma has come out she isn’t nearly as shy and quiet as she used to be.  In many ways she acts much more like her sister now.  She is more outgoing and willing to initiate conversations now than the shy girl at Hogwart’s ever was.  Her similarities with Parvati however do not extend to her sister’s love of divination.  Padma considers it a silly study and retains her more serious demeanor when it comes to work.

Padma is unsure of what she really wants to do with her life.  She could take the responsible route and continue her lucrative career with Gringott’s or she could use the money she has saved during her employment to pursue her favorite hobby, photography.  This isn’t something she has discussed with anyone not even her sister.  After a long self-exile from love and relationships Padma is ready to put herself out there again, this time being completely honest with herself and her chosen interest. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

Oops sorry. I forgot that. I deleted it out of my background.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Roen

Hmm...

Before I obligate myself to this game, I'd really like to see a few more male submissions. Since, if it's a mostly-female cast (as lovely as those females are :P), this game won't be a good fit for me or my preferences, and I'd hate to join in and then mess things up by pulling out later :/

Which is a shame, because I really want to play a HP game of this style.

-Nathan Alterman.

Golden Spider

I'll post my Luna tomorrow. still trying to find a good face-claim.  Not that I've really been actively trying though  :-[
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 01:46:18 AM
Hmm...

Before I obligate myself to this game, I'd really like to see a few more male submissions. Since, if it's a mostly-female cast (as lovely as those females are :P), this game won't be a good fit for me or my preferences, and I'd hate to join in and then mess things up by pulling out later :/

Which is a shame, because I really want to play a HP game of this style.

We have a 4:3 ratio, with 4 guys to three women (unless you and Gnothi back out.

Crash,  I'm heading into work now,  but I'll check out your CS when I get of work.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 16, 2015, 09:21:21 AM
We have a 4:3 ratio, with 4 guys to three women (unless you and Gnothi back out.

You've got Draco
I've got Harry
Gnotti, who haven't replied yet, might have Neville
Who's got the fourth one?

-Nathan Alterman.

Cerevan

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 10:01:35 AM
You've got Draco
I've got Harry

I'll be creating a Charlie Weasley as soon as I've got an Internet connection that's not on my phone. Ah, the joys of moving into a new apartment. ::)

GnothiSeauton

My character sheet for Neville is complete for the most part.

I am holding off on submitting it, however, until I get a better idea of what everyone is doing, to see if what I had in mind would be a good fit or if I should do something different.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Golden Spider

where did you all edit your pictures? especially you crash?

Crash

I did it on paintshop pro.  I have heard there are a number of good websites out there but I have never used them since I have the PP software.

Roen

Working on mine now.

I'm keeping the direction Rowling aimed them to- Ginny, a couple of kids, but they're divorced now.
I think that's ok, is that ok?

-Nathan Alterman.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 10:01:35 AM
You've got Draco
I've got Harry

Quote from: Cerevan on August 16, 2015, 10:51:29 AM
I'll be creating a Charlie Weasley as soon as I've got an Internet connection that's not on my phone. Ah, the joys of moving into a new apartment. ::)

Yup!

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 02:28:55 PM
Working on mine now.

I'm keeping the direction Rowling aimed them to- Ginny, a couple of kids, but they're divorced now.
I think that's ok, is that ok?

Nobodies chosen Ginny yet, so I'd say it was okay.  If someone does decide to take her up, make sure to shoot that player a PM, giving them the info.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 15, 2015, 11:37:27 PM

Sexuality: Lesbian
Marital Status: Divorced
Children: None thank Ganesh.  Not that I don’t want them, just that it would have made things harder.
Hobbies: Photography, dancing (yes she loves Bollywood), puzzles and hiking
Post War Bio: After the Battle of Hogwarts  in which she fought be her sister’s side she graduated from Hogwarts and moved back to Indian with her family.  Like many of Dumbledore’s Army the Auror’s had inquired about her training to join their department.  She had shown an aptitude for Defense Against the Dark Arts, but felt no compulsion to continue with training after the battle was over.  She had joined Dumbledore’s Army because it was the right thing to do and in her mind was necessary.  With Voldemort gone and the Death Eaters routed she declined the offered training. 

Her parents are very traditional and had arranged her marriage to a young strapping wizard, he courted her for a year before she could stall the inevitable for no longer and they were married.  Her husband was not a bad man.  Any young woman would have been happy to have him.  He was good-looking, came from a wealthy family and treated her with respect.  For him it was love at first sight, for Padma it was another lie she told herself and her family.  She lived the lie of a happily married woman for two years before she could no longer take it. 

She told her husband the truth. That she could never be the wife he wished her to be.  She cared for him sure, but she did not love him and never would.  Her husband was devastated and her parents distraught.  Her twin sister Parvati said she had known all along and she may well have, but Padma figured it had little to do with her sister’s supposed aptitude for divination, and more to do with the fact that there was little they could keep hidden from one another no matter how hard they tried.

Using her experience from Dumbledore’s Army, her aptitude for arithmancy and defense of the dark arts Padma took a job as a Curse Breaker for Gringott’s.  Her job served two purposes.  It was a lucrative job and it involved constant travel all over the world.  Padma needed time away from family and her ex-husband.  She needed to accept herself or at least begin too and her new job was just the thing.  Padma spent the last five years travelling the world as a Curse Breaker.  During this time she discovered a love of wizarding photography and has taken many wonderful pictures during her travels.  She has just finished up her latest contract with Gringott’s and finds herself at a crossroads.  She can re-up with Gringott’s for another 5 years as a contract Curse Breaker, or take some time away from her job to pursue other interests.  Her sister Parvati, now the Divination professor at Hogwarts, invited her to London for a few weeks for a visit and she decided to take her up on her offer.   

Personality:

Now that Padma has come out she isn’t nearly as shy and quiet as she used to be.  In many ways she acts much more like her sister now.  She is more outgoing and willing to initiate conversations now than the shy girl at Hogwart’s ever was.  Her similarities with Parvati however do not extend to her sister’s love of divination.  Padma considers it a silly study and retains her more serious demeanor when it comes to work.

Padma is unsure of what she really wants to do with her life.  She could take the responsible route and continue her lucrative career with Gringott’s or she could use the money she has saved during her employment to pursue her favorite hobby, photography.  This isn’t something she has discussed with anyone not even her sister.  After a long self-exile from love and relationships Padma is ready to put herself out there again, this time being completely honest with herself and her chosen interest.

I really like your CS, Crash; you did a good job.  And I'll also be PM'ing you with plotting stuff for Padma and Draco.  So yes, consider this sheet approved!   If you decide to add or subtract anything, let me know. 

I'll be putting up a character thread tonight, so once that's up, feel free to post this up there.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

Sexuality: Somewhere between bisexual, gay and clueless. 

Blood status: Half-Blood.

Marital Status: Divorced (Ginny)

Children: James Sirius (5), Albus Severus (3)
Hobbies: Conspiracy charts, AKA the only ‘décor’ around his shabby freshly-divorcee-pad. Dozens upon hundreds of newspaper cut-outs, pictures, memos, notes and diagrams linked with differently color-coded strings (the only use any real man should have for yarn) and the random crack, bump or puncture where Harry threw something at the wall.

Post War Bio: Everything started out so nicely, smoothly, even. Every last door was open for Potter, from the mail room to the minister’s office, favours were offered, interviews mentioned, positions secured, especially during the trials of the death eaters, everybody wanted to be the Chosen One’s friend. Harry probably married too early, but he couldn't really keep his best friend’s baby sister hanging, could he? And after all that pain, violence and loss, they were all desperate for something sweet and pure- a new family born of young love.

She deserved so much better than him.

Once the trials were over, once the dust settled and people went back to their routines, Harry quickly discovered that The Chosen One isn't very meaningful without a Dark Lord to run an awe inspiring campaign against. It's not every day that you find a dark wizard to capture and detain, especially when the greatest of them all has just been recently dealt with. Most of the active mal-practitioners lived abroad, and as much as he tried- Potter simply wasn't one for mastering foreign language, especially not at the level required for undercover work (not that he could, with that GD scar shining bright at the top of his face). He could feel their eyes upon him, looking up to him, as if asking- “What, is that it?” like a bunch of muggle kids at a birthday party, waiting for the magician to show his next trick, but Harry had no more tricks up his sleeves.

It didn’t take long for them to realize that the boy wonder has grown up into a big sack of nothingness. The promising junior Auror stayed just that, minus the promising, doing two-bit field work every now and then, but mostly pushing paper, checking facts, amending reports. 

He should have known better than to take his frustration out on her. At the time he had no idea he had been taking anything out on anyone. He simply did his job, collected his paychecks, came home, ate his dinner and shut himself away at his study- which basically was a miniature model of his current conspiracy maniac flat, reading the newspapers, watching some muggle TV news, looking for signs, scanning for shadowy connections, searching for a purpose.

So yeah, sure his purpose should have been his family, thanks for that inspiring pearl of hindsight bullshit, where were you three years ago? Think it’s easy, seeing a failure coming your way? Harry didn’t see it, and that- according to his ex-wife- was a fundamental part of the problem.

He lost her, he lost his kids and his best friend stopped taking his hesitant calls.

Personality: Maturity peeled away the layers of the once shy yet passionate teenager to discover the brooding and intensely silent type Harry never realized he was, being used always having a pair of extremely talkative friends around him, the boy who lived never did learn how to actually start a conversation. Inner dialogues are his thing, conflicting voices and thoughts that sometime drown out the external ones in his immediate surrounding, it’s not rare to see him lost in thought, or witness him change moods suddenly and with no apparent reason. He’s still kind, caring, generous and noble of heart, but in the real world- there’s not much chance for those traits to shine on their own.

-Nathan Alterman.

Golden Spider

Sexuality: Bisexual, but prefers the ladies more
Marital Status: Single
Children: None
Hobbies: Going on expeditions to discover new magical creatures, writing, researching
Post War Bio: Right after the war Luna went on an expedition to Iceland on another attempt to find the Crumple-Horned Snorkack, as well as a testament to her father who died in the second war. Much to her shock and to the shock of everyone who teased her and bullied her at Hogwarts, not only did she manage to find and photograph one, she also brought it back to London, where she made the front page, she is now a common feature on the wizarding paper for Magical Biology, but the Quibbler is now a respected source of information, surging in popularity over the Daily Prophet due to people remembering how they spewed pro Voldemort and ministry propaganda in lieu of actual news. She also is a loved and looked forward to, substitute for Hogwarts Care of Magical Creatures class. Many years ago before she had a short fling with Nevile Longbottom while it ended somewhat heatedly they remain good friends. To say that the young woman with a sad past was successful and busy would be an understatement.
Personality: Luna is still as odd and quirky as always but now that more and more of the odd creatures she always talked about are being proven real, she had started to become less introverted and gained more friends but she hasn't really changed all that much

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 03:43:22 PM

Sexuality: Somewhere between bisexual, gay and clueless. 

Blood status: Pureblood.

Marital Status: Divorced (Ginny)

Children: James Sirius (5), Albus Severus (3)
Hobbies: Conspiracy charts, AKA the only ‘décor’ around his shabby freshly-divorcee-pad. Dozens upon hundreds of newspaper cut-outs, pictures, memos, notes and diagrams linked with differently color-coded strings (the only use any real man should have for yarn) and the random crack, bump or puncture where Harry threw something at the wall.

Post War Bio: Everything started out so nicely, smoothly, even. Every last door was open for Potter, from the mail room to the minister’s office, favours were offered, interviews mentioned, positions secured, especially during the trials of the death eaters, everybody wanted to be the Chosen One’s friend. Harry probably married too early, but he couldn't really keep his best friend’s baby sister hanging, could he? And after all that pain, violence and loss, they were all desperate for something sweet and pure- a new family born of young love.

She deserved so much better than him.

Once the trials were over, once the dust settled and people went back to their routines, Harry quickly discovered that The Chosen One isn't very meaningful without a Dark Lord to run an awe inspiring campaign against. It's not every day that you find a dark wizard to capture and detain, especially when the greatest of them all has just been recently dealt with. Most of the active mal-practitioners lived abroad, and as much as he tried- Potter simply wasn't one for mastering foreign language, especially not at the level required for undercover work (not that he could, with that GD scar shining bright at the top of his face). He could feel their eyes upon him, looking up to him, as if asking- “What, is that it?” like a bunch of muggle kids at a birthday party, waiting for the magician to show his next trick, but Harry had no more tricks up his sleeves.

It didn’t take long for them to realize that the boy wonder has grown up into a big sack of nothingness. The promising junior Auror stayed just that, minus the promising, doing two-bit field work every now and then, but mostly pushing paper, checking facts, amending reports. 

He should have known better than to take his frustration out on her. At the time he had no idea he had been taking anything out on anyone. He simply did his job, collected his paychecks, came home, ate his dinner and shut himself away at his study- which basically was a miniature model of his current conspiracy maniac flat, reading the newspapers, watching some muggle TV news, looking for signs, scanning for shadowy connections, searching for a purpose.

So yeah, sure his purpose should have been his family, thanks for that inspiring pearl of hindsight bullshit, where were you three years ago? Think it’s easy, seeing a failure coming your way? Harry didn’t see it, and that- according to his ex-wife- was a fundamental part of the problem.

He lost her, he lost his kids and his best friend stopped taking his hesitant calls.

Personality: Maturity peeled away the layers of the once shy yet passionate teenager to discover the brooding and intensely silent type Harry never realized he was, being used always having a pair of extremely talkative friends around him, the boy who lived never did learn how to actually start a conversation. Inner dialogues are his thing, conflicting voices and thoughts that sometime drown out the external ones in his immediate surrounding, it’s not rare to see him lost in thought, or witness him change moods suddenly and with no apparent reason. He’s still kind, caring, generous and noble of heart, but in the real world- there’s not much chance for those traits to shine on their own.

First off, I lurve your picture!   And also, that bit about yarn made me laugh, hard!

Now, everything looks good to me, except his blood status.  Harry Potter is technically a half-blood, since his mother was muggle born.  Everything else looks good!  So if you fix that, your sheet is approved.

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 16, 2015, 04:06:03 PM

Sexuality: Bisexual, but prefers the ladies more
Marital Status: Single
Children: None
Hobbies: Going on expeditions to discover new magical creatures, writing, researching
Post War Bio: Right after the war Luna went on an expedition to Iceland on another attempt to find the Crumple-Horned Snorkack, as well as a testament to her father who died in the second war. Much to her shock and to the shock of everyone who teased her and bullied her at Hogwarts, not only did she manage to find and photograph one, she also brought it back to London, where she made the front page, she is now a common feature on the wizarding paper for Magical Biology, but the Quibbler is now a respected source of information, surging in popularity over the Daily Prophet due to people remembering how they spewed pro Voldemort and ministry propaganda in lieu of actual news. She also is a loved and looked forward to, substitute for Hogwarts Care of Magical Creatures class. Many years ago before she had realized that she was lesbian she had an short fling with Nevile Longbottom, while it ended somewhat heatedly they remain good friends. To say that the young woman with a sad past was successful and busy would be an understatement.
Personality: Luna is still as odd and quirky as always but now that more and more of the odd creatures she always talked about are being proven real, she had started to become less introverted and gained more friends but she hasn't really changed all that much

Oooh the face claim you chose is gorgeous!

I also like what you've written out for her.  So yes, you've got my approval!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 16, 2015, 02:36:50 PM
I really like your CS, Crash; you did a good job.  And I'll also be PM'ing you with plotting stuff for Padma and Draco.  So yes, consider this sheet approved!   If you decide to add or subtract anything, let me know. 

I'll be putting up a character thread tonight, so once that's up, feel free to post this up there.

Thanks Dis.  I replied to your plotting. :) 

I will probably not add anything to the character sheet.  I prefer to leave it a bit open ended to adjust for things in game.

Gnothi - Would you give us an idea of what you are contemplating?  It may give others some inspiration if they are searching for it.

Roen

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 16, 2015, 04:33:27 PM
First off, I lurve your picture!   And also, that bit about yarn made me laugh, hard!
Now, everything looks good to me, except his blood status.  Harry Potter is technically a half-blood, since his mother was muggle born.  Everything else looks good!  So if you fix that, your sheet is approved.

Thanks... First draft I made didn't have a scar >_>
And creating the scar was more trying than I'd care to admit :P
Still kinda look like bad photoshop, but it'll do for now.

As for the blood status, I've fixed it. Thanks :P

-Nathan Alterman.

Golden Spider

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 16, 2015, 04:33:27 PM

Oooh the face claim you chose is gorgeous!

I also like what you've written out for her.  So yes, you've got my approval!

Thank you! I really Like the face claim, I saw her on a list on blonde models and i thought "That so looks like a grown up Luna."

Also I suppose i got her age wrong, cuz she was a year behind the golden trio, as was Ginny. so she would be 26 wouldn't she?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 16, 2015, 05:02:56 PM
Thank you! I really Like the face claim, I saw her on a list on blonde models and i thought "That so looks like a grown up Luna."

Also I suppose i got her age wrong, cuz she was a year behind the golden trio, as was Ginny. so she would be 26 wouldn't she?

Yeah, sorry. I was on my cell phone when I read your CS, and missed that. She'd be a year younger, so make sure to fix that on your sheet.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

undisclosedtoyou

I found this online, she is definitely my dream casting for Hermoine Granger.  Although, that being said, I adore Emma Watson!

On an unrelated note, I wishhh I had her hair!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Very nice.  You sure you don't want people playing multiple characters. ;)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 16, 2015, 07:59:04 PM
Very nice.  You sure you don't want people playing multiple characters. ;)

Lol, I'm sure for now! 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's