The Time Turner [closed thread]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 12, 2015, 10:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreciousPetra

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 17, 2015, 06:11:04 PM
Oooh, I like her! If you need help with the picture let me know.  But you can also just put a pic up when you find one, and just add a name into the sheet, if you want to.  But yeah, she's pretty much approved by me. 

Also, hahahaa I'm not the only one who thought the Ron/Hermoine pairing was weird! 

Yay! I'm glad you like her. And yes please any help with the picture would be greatly appreciated as I am very rusty at getting something decent up photo/banner wise.

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 17, 2015, 04:33:13 PM
I actually started with my picture search by looking for the actress who played Pansy in the movies, but other than appearing topless in Lake Placid 4 (No I'm not kidding) I couldn't find that she had done much since.

Wow I bet you were not expecting topless photos when you began your search...bet that made you blink a few times.

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 17, 2015, 12:35:41 PM
You are now beloved to me.

Even JK realized she had made a mistake in landing poor Hermione with Ron for the rest of her life. I have paired her with various Weasleys over the years but never with Ron...um though I confess she did once have a thing with Arthur in a past story long long ago. Hey I never said she was perfect!

Golden Spider

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 06:41:48 PM
Even JK realized she had made a mistake in landing poor Hermione with Ron for the rest of her life. I have paired her with various Weasleys over the years but never with Ron...um though I confess she did once have a thing with Arthur in a past story long long ago. Hey I never said she was perfect!

My favorite non-Ron pairing for Hermione would personally be Harry, but I've read a good Hermione/Weasley Twins one before. I also have read one of Hermione with Hagrid, which was nice. (imagine the sex though!... poor girl). Personally as well I didn't make much sense of Harry with Ginny, since she was practically nonexistent from all of the books until she was suddenly Harry's love interest. My favorite non-canon pairing with Harry (that isn't Hermione of course) would actually be Luna, or Daphnee Greengrass.

I love Luna, and one of the reasons I love Luna so much is because she is quite fun to play as and read. and I think it's pretty cool how Luna is practically a fanon character, her past, her relationships, etc. is not really explored in canon, which leaves a lot to play with
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

GnothiSeauton

Neville Longbottom - Character Submission

Name:  Neville Longbottom

Sexuality:  Heterosexual

Blood status:  Pure Blood

Occupation:  Professor of Herbology, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Marital Status:  Divorced recently to Hannah Abbot.  Single.

Children:  None

Hobbies:  Herbology.  Reading.   Defense Against the Dark Arts.  Travelling.

Post War Bio:  After the Second Wizarding War, Neville, like a number of those who fought, entered the Auror Service in order to help track down and capture the remaining supporters of You-Know-Who.  For a time, he did his part, helping to clean up the remnants of the Dark Lord's supporters.  Eventually, however, he left the Auror Department, and took up a teaching position at Hogwarts, after the retirement of Professor Sprout, to become the school's new Herbology Professor.  After a courtship that had quietly taken place during the final months of You-Know-Who's reign, and afterwards, he married Hannah Abbot.  Their relationship lasted a short time before divorce struck.  Rumors have been abound about the couple's marriage, and the talk of both becoming increasingly dependent upon firewhiskey, as reported by Rita Skeeter.  See Personality Section for Further Details

Personality:   Though there have been rumor and talk of a possible alcohol dependency, Neville shows nothing of the sort.  He can be a friendly presence, even lively at times, but shows no loss of his facilities.

While at school, he may have been a quiet young boy, nervous and forgetful, but the changing of times and difficulties of life have changed and molded him into the opposite.  He is more confident than he ever had been before, strong and quick of mind.  Earlier struggles with his self-confidence have been obliterated, due largely in part by past professors (i.e. Lupin, McGonagall, Fake Moody, Sprout, etc.) as well as his experiences and friendship with Harry Potter, and others of Dumbledore's Army. 

He possesses a strong sense of loyalty to friends and loved ones.  There is very little he will do for those he considers close to him, often going above and beyond.  And with his friends and family, he is not afraid to speak his mind and stand up for what is, in his opinion, right and wrong.

And yet, though as strong and friendly as he may appear, changed over the years, fear and the past still have a firm hold upon him and his decisions.  It was largely why he chose to leave the Auror service.  True, he had said that it was his desire to leave in order to pursue the vacant Herbology post, but deep down, it was the fear of what had happened to his parents, the famed Aurors, and the dangers they faced and succumbed to, that helped to fuel his decision.  Fear of the past has also helped to reinforce his apprehension of having children, which is the true reason why he and his former wife, Hannah, are no longer together.

While what brought them together, forged over the years in the beginning through letters and that kinship formed over the suffering of parents and loved ones by Death Eaters, for a time both of them hesitant to bring children into a world even after the demise of the Dark Lord, over time, it only strained their relationship.  Hannah wanted children, wanted to be a mother, and Neville's hesitation, his apprehension, of becoming a parent, not wanting his children to endure what he, and so many others left parent-less by War.  It drove Hannah to drink, straining the relationship between them until it was irreparable. 

He masks his emotions and feelings well enough.  Putting his thoughts and true feelings behind a wall of positivity and confidence.  While he may appear to be changed, turned into the confident young man, deep down, he is still the frightened young boy who still struggles with his fear and the past.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 06:41:48 PM
Yay! I'm glad you like her. And yes please any help with the picture would be greatly appreciated as I am very rusty at getting something decent up photo/banner wise.

Let me know when you've picked a face claim,  and I'll Jimmy rig something up for you.

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 17, 2015, 07:44:33 PM
Neville Longbottom - Character Submission

Name:  Neville Longbottom

Sexuality:  Heterosexual

Blood status:  Pure Blood

Occupation:  Professor of Herbology, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Marital Status:  Divorced recently to Hannah Abbot.  Single.

Children:  None

Hobbies:  Herbology.  Reading.   Defense Against the Dark Arts.  Travelling.

Post War Bio:  After the Second Wizarding War, Neville, like a number of those who fought, entered the Auror Service in order to help track down and capture the remaining supporters of You-Know-Who.  For a time, he did his part, helping to clean up the remnants of the Dark Lord's supporters.  Eventually, however, he left the Auror Department, and took up a teaching position at Hogwarts, after the retirement of Professor Sprout, to become the school's new Herbology Professor.  After a courtship that had quietly taken place during the final months of You-Know-Who's reign, and afterwards, he married Hannah Abbot.  Their relationship lasted a short time before divorce struck.  Rumors have been abound about the couple's marriage, and the talk of both becoming increasingly dependent upon firewhiskey, as reported by Rita Skeeter.  See Personality Section for Further Details

Personality:   Though there have been rumor and talk of a possible alcohol dependency, Neville shows nothing of the sort.  He can be a friendly presence, even lively at times, but shows no loss of his facilities.

While at school, he may have been a quiet young boy, nervous and forgetful, but the changing of times and difficulties of life have changed and molded him into the opposite.  He is more confident than he ever had been before, strong and quick of mind.  Earlier struggles with his self-confidence have been obliterated, due largely in part by past professors (i.e. Lupin, McGonagall, Fake Moody, Sprout, etc.) as well as his experiences and friendship with Harry Potter, and others of Dumbledore's Army. 

He possesses a strong sense of loyalty to friends and loved ones.  There is very little he will do for those he considers close to him, often going above and beyond.  And with his friends and family, he is not afraid to speak his mind and stand up for what is, in his opinion, right and wrong.

And yet, though as strong and friendly as he may appear, changed over the years, fear and the past still have a firm hold upon him and his decisions.  It was largely why he chose to leave the Auror service.  True, he had said that it was his desire to leave in order to pursue the vacant Herbology post, but deep down, it was the fear of what had happened to his parents, the famed Aurors, and the dangers they faced and succumbed to, that helped to fuel his decision.  Fear of the past has also helped to reinforce his apprehension of having children, which is the true reason why he and his former wife, Hannah, are no longer together.

While what brought them together, forged over the years in the beginning through letters and that kinship formed over the suffering of parents and loved ones by Death Eaters, for a time both of them hesitant to bring children into a world even after the demise of the Dark Lord, over time, it only strained their relationship.  Hannah wanted children, wanted to be a mother, and Neville's hesitation, his apprehension, of becoming a parent, not wanting his children to endure what he, and so many others left parent-less by War.  It drove Hannah to drink, straining the relationship between them until it was irreparable. 

He masks his emotions and feelings well enough.  Putting his thoughts and true feelings behind a wall of positivity and confidence.  While he may appear to be changed, turned into the confident young man, deep down, he is still the frightened young boy who still struggles with his fear and the past.

Your freaking picture of Neville had me drooling.  Man did that not grow into his...everything!  Approval is definitely given.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 17, 2015, 07:57:14 PM
Your freaking picture of Neville had me drooling.  Man did that not grow into his...everything!  Approval is definitely given.

Woot woot!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

undisclosedtoyou

All my typo's are the fault of my phones auto-correct.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 17, 2015, 07:57:14 PM
Let me know when you've picked a face claim,  and I'll Jimmy rig something up for you.

I have decided to go with the Hermione in my head which is Emma Watson though I lean more toward the book version of her than the film one.

Remind me to keep Hermione away from Neville unless there are other people around...you know just in case...he might need an old friend to talk to, yes that's it talk to! Is it me or is it warm in here?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 08:13:18 PM
I have decided to go with the Hermione in my head which is Emma Watson though I lean more toward the book version of her than the film one.

Remind me to keep Hermione away from Neville unless there are other people around...you know just in case...he might need an old friend to talk to, yes that's it talk to! Is it me or is it warm in here?

I could have gone with these as the pics...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Seeking New Stories

PreciousPetra

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 17, 2015, 08:20:05 PM
I could have gone with these as the pics...

Now your just being a tease!!!!

If his female students do not crush on him they are out of their minds because well they didn't have Professors like that when he and Hermione were at Hogwarts! As for Miss Granger she just needs to remember how he looked when he was 11 and walking around holding Trevor...that should do it as long as she doesn't see him without his trousers, she has a thing for hairy men haha!

I'm sending Hermione and her muse to bed to sleep now!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 08:30:03 PM
Now your just being a tease!!!!

If his female students do not crush on him they are out of their minds because well they didn't have Professors like that when he and Hermione were at Hogwarts! As for Miss Granger she just needs to remember how he looked when he was 11 and walking around holding Trevor...that should do it as long as she doesn't see him without his trousers, she has a thing for hairy men haha!

I'm sending Hermione and her muse to bed to sleep now!

Haha!!!  Well, he is single and ready to mingle.

I always liked to think that Neville had something of a slight crush, infatuation, whatever, for Hermione.  Getting her help with stuff in classes, asking her to the Yule Ball and getting rejected, etc.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

Not Emma Watson, but I was having fun looking up possible Hermione faceclaims and came up with this.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Golden Spider

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Roen

Amber Tamblyn would also make a nice Hermione... Not British, though :P

I like Neville's CS, kinda hard to read with that picture hanging right next to it >_> I love how you kept him a teacher at Hogwarts. Hetero, though... Shame :P would have loved having Harry stumble, mumble and bumble all over... Err, around him ;)

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Crash

Wow very different than before.  Much darker and more serious it seems.

Golden Spider

Crash

Quote from: Roen on August 17, 2015, 10:50:42 PM
Amber Tamblyn would also make a nice Hermione...

Always though she was a real cutie.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Roen

Hey Raven!

I don't think she is yet, but she is divorced with two kids to raise :P

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Crash

Quote from: The Dark Raven on August 18, 2015, 10:40:12 AM
Dis, is Ginny taken?

Quote from: Roen on August 18, 2015, 10:48:41 AM
Hey Raven!

I don't think she is yet, but she is divorced with two kids to raise :P

Raven - Roen is correct.  She is available last I knew but it would be good to look at Harry's character sheet.  She is a divorced mother of two at the moment.

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

Crash

I guess I just meant the change from somewhat sympathetic jilted Pansy to truly understanding her evil actions Pansy when I said serious.  She was a little more of a darkly humorous character before.  Not that this is a bad thing, what is important is you like the changes.  Since you are generally awesome I do not question your changes. ;)

PreciousPetra

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 17, 2015, 08:35:46 PM
Haha!!!  Well, he is single and ready to mingle.

I always liked to think that Neville had something of a slight crush, infatuation, whatever, for Hermione.  Getting her help with stuff in classes, asking her to the Yule Ball and getting rejected, etc.

Ah she always liked to help him especially in potions as she knew how terrified he seemed of Professor Snape. I'm sure as old friends they can meet up for a catch up and a butterbeer...though not where his ex wife is the landlady!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 08:13:18 PM

Okay, just woke up from a late night out with friends, so I'll do your picture today.

Quote from: The Dark Raven on August 18, 2015, 10:40:12 AM
Dis, is Ginny taken?

She is not taken. Also, Ravennnnnnnn, Mi amore, amigo!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 18, 2015, 02:24:49 PM
Okay, just woke up from a late night out with friends, so I'll do your picture today.

Thank you kindly Dis :-)