Old World of Darkness Game: The Isle of Avalon

Started by Sabriel, September 23, 2011, 07:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyu

I voted for the first and second options, if you managed to get a group together let me know ^^

Sabriel

When it's decided entirely on what we are doing I would prefer concepts be discussed in here and well characters can be available to me either via pm or a online sheet, as long as I have a record I don't see a huge need to keep them secret however so a sheet/character thread could work too.

TheHangedOne

Hmm. Definitely interested. Now, to just see if a vampire comes along that needs a ghoul...  >:) Feel free to PM me if that catches your interest, anyone. Or just post here. I don't mind which.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

If we go with Vampire the Masquerade, I have an idea for a Toreador who owns a nightclub and hotel named Nicole Fontaine.  She could use a ghoul to help manage everything but I'm not sure how much fun that would be to play.

With Werewolf or Dark Ages, I'm less decided, although it looks like we have 7 votes for Werewolf right now and that's winning out.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheHangedOne

Hmm. Well, if it's a night club, having a Ghoul bouncer would be a wise investment, no? All that loyalty from the Blood Bond, plus the power that the blood gives him (though, beyond gaining 1 point of Potence, I need to refresh myself on the benefits and drawbacks of being a ghoul) makes him very good at his job. The manager of the place could very well be a ghoul, too, or just a human thrall, but that does sound boring.  Their's enough paper-pushing in my life already.  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

I could see how a ghoul bouncer could be fun and useful ^_^  Nicole is pretty soft-hearted, though, so she'd want you to be nice to the customers unless absolutely necessary.  Although she wouldn't watch 24/7 to make sure you were perfect to everyone...

Granted that the game may not go this route, but if we do, that's my idea.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

TheHangedOne

Could be fun. I generally play characters at a Humanity 6 level; mostly-nice, ya know?

Yeah. If it goes the VtM route, I'd definitely like to do that. If it goes Werewolf... eh. That's just not my cup of tea.
Check out my poet tree!

Imogen

I'm definately interested in playing DA or modern day Vampire the Masquerade.

I'd like to go with possibly a Tremere, or a Ventrue. If the negotiations with Andy don't work, I'd like to add that neither of my char concepts would mind a ghoul, although belonging to the Tremere might make for some harsh rp. With each, it would be intention to embrace at a later date.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

TheHangedOne

Eeek. Tremere. One of the few clans that actually frightens me.  :D Although, in the end, I suppose I'll wait to see each of your characters, and go from there.
Check out my poet tree!

Senti

Miyu

if it goes werewolf are the other were's allowed? like the spider and such like that?

Sabriel

If it goes Werewolf or both as separate but related things then I won't likely be allowing Fera without very good reason, mostly because if its a Werewolf game it should be about a pack of Garou and thats hard enough to setup without a Ananasi/Bastet/Mokole/Carebear to worry about.

I don't even want to smell a whiff of Nuwisha, Rokea or Nagah concepts  ::)

Miyu

AndyZ

I think the "Both as separate" is the best bet, if Sabriel is capable of handling both at once.  If Sabriel is good with that, then I think we should follow that route.

How does everyone think?  Does anyone object to this idea?

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Senti

OK well I shall be having a ninja/jedi/nuwishacrossed with a naga then is that ok :P?

Imogen

as long as seperate stays seperate. Having one storyline running at day and another at night hours can be a world of pain when they entwine.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Muse

*Chuckles* 

The only Fera who really get along well with the Garou anymore are the Corax (ravens). 

It would be fun to see one of them as an NPC crossing between both groups.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Someday (although NOT in this game) I do want to try playing a Mokole or Nagah.  However, if we go present day VtM or city-mix, I'll be doing the high Humanity Toreador that I already told Sabriel about.  If we do WtA only, I'm not sure, but I'm pondering a Get of Fenris Galliard.

Muse

I still have wistful dreams of Werewolf the Wild West. 

Brand Foe-Hammer walked down the main street of the abandoned mining town, sniffing at the air and fingering his six shooter.  He didn't normally carry silver rounds, but for them damned injun garou--them 'Wendigo'--he'd make an exception. 

The Get of Fenris circled the town wearing his crinos form, with an iron rider girl named Nails at his shoulder, and no matter where he went, he couldn't catch there scent.  It was like the wind kept shifting... 

Shifting away from that old saloon! 

He spun, six iron drawn as the three wendigo lept through the second story windows, raining a spray of razor sharp shards over them. 

"Hold!" Another man bellowed, a voide they didn't know, stepping into the path of an arrow meant for Brand's chest while knocking his gun high so that fire belched towards luna and silver shot into the air like an ascending star. 

"My brothers and sister!" the injured Child of Gaia entreated them.  "Why do we fight amongst ourselves?  Have you not seen?  Not three miles from here, three dozen mockeries and a pack of black spiral dancers dig poisons out of the abandoned mines, and it is each other that we fight?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kate

if 1/2 love werewolves and 1/2 love vampires ..

because they are bitter enemies it makes for a better rp in my opinion if both were ok... and that can only happen in a medievil / dark age setting.

.. my 2 cents. But sab may have a  desire to go one or the other hands down .. in which case any time line will be ok.

Sabriel

At the moment the votes seam to point towards werewolf being the most popular, with vampire second and the mortal thingy having snuck up close behind one vote away. 

I am quite happy to do just one story based upon one of the venues, doing it as two would be possible and more complex but I am sure it would be plausible if the players where there.  That is the one thing I am mostly unsure about with it, is that there would be enough players for each part of the story.  No point doing it if there is like two Kindred and three Garou, neither side is really balanced out for a good story it be better if to combine it into one thing which was focused then.

Quotebecause they are bitter enemies it makes for a better rp in my opinion if both were ok... and that can only happen in a medievil / dark age settin

I am not entirely sure I get what was meant by this, I am pretty certain It could work in any setting hehe actually I think it would be harder to do in dark ages. Since the Garou and Kindred stories would then probably end up being so separate they would actually be separate games, I mean its easy to do a dark age werewolf game where the Garou may never go into a human city.

The idea would not be however that the Garou group and Kindred group are at odds all the time and fighting against one another, it's unlikely that they are going to like each other of course but they probably would not be that aware of the other either.   

AndyZ

With 22 votes, there's at least 11 people interested.  That should be enough for a two venue game.

One suggestion for that would be to have a separate poll, asking what people would want to play:

• Vampire or ghoul
  • Werewolf or kinfolk
  • Happy playing either
  • Other, explained below

That would be a quick and easy way to find out how interested people are and if we have enough people for both a coterie and a pack.

I'm willing to play Werewolf if I'm outvoted, I just want to try this Nicole idea ^_^

Sabriel

Yeah I am not really sure that the votes or half the votes cast represent an accurate number of players that will actually end up playing.

And I am not really into the idea of doing another poll heh specially since anyone can vote, it would be easier probably just to have those interested tell me what they would be interested in playing now. Without any happy to do either or such since that does not really help with the decision and working out numbers if I was doing a split thing.

I think it would be a good point to include mention of preferred setting/faction or such too and perhaps a brief blurb about the character concept. Not expecting a full sheet or concept and history here at most a sentence or so just a few words to capture the concept and give me an idea.

So for example: "I would like to play a Brujah rights activist, in a Camarilla or Anarch game in the modern era."

AndyZ

I would like to play a high-Humanity Toreador who owns a nightclub and hotel, in a modern-day Camarilla or Anarch game.