Towns of Salem ~ OOC Thread

Started by persephone325, January 29, 2016, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

2 days, guys! Hope you're excited! ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

I AM SO EXCITED OH MY GOODNESS.

Also apologies to the other team in advance. Please remember that when you lose in total and abject defeat and humiliation that I still love you. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Valerian

The smackdown has started already, I see.  ::)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

persephone325

lol

I'm going to create the game thread. Just don't post there yet! ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Valerian on March 04, 2016, 03:05:41 PM

:D

Quote from: persephone325 on March 04, 2016, 03:14:33 PM
lol

I'm going to create the game thread. Just don't post there yet! ^^

What!?!? But we must post! Not posting is what the mafia wants!!!

Mintprincess

Quote from: Valerian on March 04, 2016, 03:05:41 PM
That's how we ride ;)

persephone325

*giggles as she writes the opening post*

Full disclosure though. It's purely for entertainment purposes. ^^
I don't know.

RedPhoenix

Entertainment?!?!? In a game thread?!?! *faints*

persephone325

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 04, 2016, 04:49:52 PM
Entertainment?!?!? In a game thread?!?! *faints*

lol I know, right?!

But really. The reason I want people to know that is because everyone in the game is getting a line of dialogue in the opening post. I don't want people thinking that what I'm writing is related to who has what role. At this point in time, I don't even know who has what role. lol

EDIT: Here's the thread! But please don't post yet. :-)
I don't know.

RedPhoenix

persephone325

I don't know.

RedPhoenix

Yes, the excitement waiting to post! :D

persephone325

I'm excited to see the posts!! lol
I don't know.

persephone325

I'm going to send out role PMs today, since I probably won't get time to do it when I actually want to tomorrow.

But we'll still be starting tomorrow! Don't worry. I'll let you guys know in here when you can start posting. ^^

ALSO! We'll be doing the old-school voting method, since it has the majority votes right now. Even if the last three people who haven't voted do cast a vote, it won't matter.
I don't know.

Esoteric Myobi

Question: Will we get to leave behind wills? And death notes (from the baddies)? Cuz those are fun xD

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

King Serperior

Death Notes...hmmm...would we also get Shinigami with the Death Notes?   ::)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Mintprincess

(I didn't vote cuz I still don't really quite get the differences and went with whatever! <3)

persephone325

Ah. Good question. I didn't really think about it.

Since they're not mandatory in the game, they won't be mandatory here. Meaning, if the mafia wants to leave a killing note on a body then they can very well do so. If someone wants to leave a will behind, they just need to PM me at any point and let me know.

It's purely optional, everyone! If you don't want to, then you don't need to do anything.

Certain roles can use wills more advantageously than others. Investigator, bodyguard, and the vigilante for example.

I'll also make a note in the game thread at the start of each night phase that if anyone would like to keep a will, just shoot me a PM.

PMs HAVE BEEN SENT! If you did not receive one, please let me know!
I don't know.

persephone325

I apologize for the double post. I wanted to explain more about the "last wills". I know a few of you don't have a lot of experience with Towns of Salem and the gameplay aspects. That's totally OK. Please feel free to ask any questions about anything. For role specific questions, send me a PM instead.

Alright.

From the wiki: The Last Will is a piece of paper that is shown to the rest of the town after you die.

This is completely optional for everyone. Basically, it's a record of what you do/see/find out based on what your role is. Some wills are more helpful than others. For example, the investigator can keep a record of who they investigate and what they find out. It usually looks something like this:

N1: Persephone - seeks justice; Executioner/Retributionist
N2: Black Howling - enjoys tricking people; JESTER!
N3: Luna - takes charge: GODFATHER!

Roles like the investigator actually receive notifications like this: "Your target owns weapons. They could be a Vigilante, Veteran or Mafioso." It's up to the person to figure out which of the possibilities fits. In a game where there is no Veteran, (like this game) the person would either be a Vigilante or Mafioso.

The Lookout's will can also be very helpful. Their will can look like this:

N1: Watched Oniya - Val visited
N2: Watched Blythe - Persephone and Luna visited (Blythe died!)

Therefore, it's pretty obvious that either Persephone or Luna are part of the mafia since Blythe died the same night he was visited. Does this make sense?

If you guys want to use the wills, then I'm totally OK with that. It can add some fun and RP prospects to the game.

Death notes are similar, but can only be used "killing" roles. Town killing (vigilante), mafia killing (godfather and mafioso), and neutral killing (which we don't have in this game). These notes can be used by the mafia to incriminate innocent townspeople. They can leave a death note on a body and claim that they attacked Oreo, but she was immune. If there's a Serial Killer role, people automatically assume that Oreo is the SK. During the day phase, everyone chooses to lynch Oreo. However, when she dies, it was revealed that she was actually the Executioner; which is another role with night time immunity.

Please don't hesitate to ask anything. I want this to be fun for you all. ^^
I don't know.

King Serperior

Ah!  Now this adds an exciting 'whodoneit' twist indeed!  Feels kind of like clue when you add in the wills and notes!

Thanks for explaining them and how they work, Perse!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on March 05, 2016, 07:24:39 PM
Ah!  Now this adds an exciting 'whodoneit' twist indeed!  Feels kind of like clue when you add in the wills and notes!

Thanks for explaining them and how they work, Perse!

No problem! As the game progresses, I'll be keeping track of who does what. Mainly the investigator, bodyguard, doctor, etc. in my own notepad as a makeshift will. If/when the people with those roles die/get lynched, I'll ask them if they want to leave a will. If so, then I'll let them look it over and then add it to the death announcement. If not, then they'll leave behind nothing.
I don't know.

persephone325

I've opened the game thread, since it's officially Sunday for me. Feel free to roleplay with each other and just have fun! ^^

Again, if you have any questions about ANYTHING just let me know. :-)
I don't know.

Esoteric Myobi

Is there a list of the roles in play? I know there's the list in the first post of this thread, but I wasn't 100% sure which roles were being used.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

persephone325

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on March 06, 2016, 10:55:33 PM
Is there a list of the roles in play? I know there's the list in the first post of this thread, but I wasn't 100% sure which roles were being used.

The list in the first post of this thread are the roles that are in play. There are no repeat roles. Aside from the Executioner/Jester. If the Executioner's target is killed, then they become a Jester. It could be possible for two Jesters to be in play. However, since everyone is still alive that is not the case.

If the Executioner ever becomes a Jester, only that person will know. Just like in the flash game, there is no game announcement if/when that happens.
I don't know.

Esoteric Myobi

So: Bodyguard, Doctor, Investigator, Retributionist, Vigilante, Lookout, Framer, Godfather, Mafioso, Amnesiac, Executioner, Jester and Survivor

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~