recruiting: Pathfinder Skulls and shackles AP second/third table LF2m

Started by Tamhansen, March 14, 2016, 06:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I'm also going to add another concept still an odd race a Female Ratfolk Brawler and my other one posted earlier.

Phaia

You know what is weird, it looks so far that all the characters are female!!

The She Sea Wolves?

Phaia

Tamhansen

Well, that might be interesting. I had the same thing with the first monsters and miniskirts, and that worked out fantastic. Kept me busy though. :D Lets see what else is offered up :D
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Mysterica

Just got home from work, time to pop open my first Guinness.

I will certainly switch over to Unchained Rogue class if there is nothing to lose.  I wasn't really aware of the class option or the differences tbh.  Keeping the 9 Cha partly because Sylphs are described as a shy race.  She's a little shy but can easily bump that up to a 10 once she becomes more accustomed to living with the crew.  Think I'm going to take a look at the drawbacks for a third trait as well while I'm altering the sheet.

On another note, Talindra will certainly not mind being surrounded by beautiful females serving as eye candy as she tends to lean that way to begin with.

Phaia

I have some questions.
I am taking a drawback since I have 3 traits. I am looking at two of them and was wondering what ya all may think.

1] Mark of Slavery--Effect: Whenever you fail a skill check, you take a –2 penalty on any skill check or attack roll you attempt before the end of your next turn unless it is a part of retrying the failed skill check. --- I can work this into my background without too much trouble.

2] Umbral Unmasking--Effect: You cast no shadow whatsoever, or the shadow you do have is monstrous. Under normal lighted conditions, this is not hard to observe—but uncommon to notice. Creatures that succeed at a DC 15 Wisdom check notice it plainly (an additional Perception check may be required based on environmental conditions). This telltale sign of wickedness cannot be concealed by misdirection, nondetection, or illusions, except those that also affect shadows (such as invisibility). --- My idea for this was that my character being a tiefling that can pass as human has no shadow except when she uses a hex. Then a shadow appears that is big with fiendish features, like horns, claws, spikes and a tail. Her eyes also would flash red when using a hex.

Both have an appeal. So I was wondering what ya all think of them?

Tamhansen, I asked if you would have a problem with my character having bought lvl 1 scrolls and added them to her familar so as to start witha  bigger selection of 1st lvl spells? No more then 3 since I only start with 180 gp and bought stuff.
Also you noted background skills. If I read it correctly we get 2 per level to apply to a certain list of skills as noted under the background list.
Oh do you see cooking as a profession or craft or something else?

Phaia

Tamhansen

Sorry I missed that. No I have no issue with the scrolls.

yes background skills are correct. 2 per level regardless of class or int.

And cooking is apparently a proffesion.
ons and offs

freeko

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills

That is the list of skills that are where you can put the 2 extra background skill points. Not that I will speak for Tamhansen but cooking is most certainly a Profession skill if you asked me. Also of note is the addition of Artistry and Lore as background skills that would otherwise not show up. Artistry is pretty much useless but Lore when used correctly can yield fantastic results. Knowledge (X) will get you general information about a general topic, like Giants for example. Lore (X) will give you specific information on a focused topic, like Frost Giants specifically. Knowledge is used for a broad topic while Lore is used on a more specific level.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/profession Cooking is listed as a common profession under that heading, so that is how I would at least handle the cooking skill representation. just put (Cooking) under the profession heading on mythweaver and put a point into it. That was what I did with Sailor profession.

The first drawback seems punishing and totally something that would fit within the scenery of the campaign.

Mysterica

OK.  Just updated my character for unchained rogue and a third trait.  Re-posting link to sheet for convenience.  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=750278

Phaia

Quote from: Mysterica on March 17, 2016, 08:58:19 PM
OK.  Just updated my character for unchained rogue and a third trait.  Re-posting link to sheet for convenience.  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=750278

Btw Mysterica ya really want to make that class spin, check the trait 'River Rat' and make her a twc knife fighter!! and that +1 to damage is for all dagger damage including throwing...

Phaia

Phaia

River Rat (Marsh or River)
You learned to swim right after you learned to walk. When you were a youth, a gang of river pirates put you to work swimming in nighttime rivers and canals with a dagger between your teeth so you could sever the anchor ropes of merchant vessels.

Benefits: You gain a +1 trait bonus on damage rolls with a dagger and a +1 trait bonus on Swim checks. Swim is always a class skill for you.

phaia

DeviantMunster

My apologies, I'm a little overcome. And seems so many people are making awesome characters! I'll... try posting tonight after I browse through the books, but I don't mind if you guys are full! At least I'll figure out how to make a sheet for pathfinder for next time.

Mysterica

Well the extra trait being Acrobat is because as the heavy Dex character in the party I'd assume she'll be the one in the nest on lookout since she is the least likely to fall and she can take the Sylph feat o see through mist and fog.  Seemed good to be able to quickly get to her post or back on deck when things turn south fast.

Phaia

okay, how high ya pushing acrobat? with an 18 dex and rogue having it as a class skill ya should be at a 8 skill?

Phaia

Phaia

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 17, 2016, 09:10:17 PM
My apologies, I'm a little overcome. And seems so many people are making awesome characters! I'll... try posting tonight after I browse through the books, but I don't mind if you guys are full! At least I'll figure out how to make a sheet for pathfinder for next time.

None needed DM, any help ya need there are several of us that can answer basic system questions. I know it fairly well but always seem to find something new with the next character someone works up. Awesomeness for me is more on how you roleplay your character then on how you min/max the abilities. I dislike the resistances of the tieflings but I am gonna use them [unless of course Tamhen would let me switch them for one of the alternate traits  O:) O:) ]

Phaia

DeviantMunster

Well, in 5e I loved playing a fighter with charisma, or a wizard with points in wis! I'm hardly a min-maxer, but... I also don't want to feel useless in combat! In 5e its easier to see where I'll fit even if I'm a little under powered. I'll just give it a read, see what I can come up with!

freeko

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 17, 2016, 09:25:33 PM
Well, in 5e I loved playing a fighter with charisma..

May I direct you toward the Paladin class?

Autocad

Quote from: Phaia on March 17, 2016, 07:03:34 PM
You know what is weird, it looks so far that all the characters are female!!

The She Sea Wolves?

Phaia

The Seamen-eating She-sea-wolves?

Phaia

Quote from: Autocad on March 17, 2016, 09:50:18 PM
The Seamen-eating She-sea-wolves?

The sexy, sultry, seamen-eating She wolves of the Shackles Seas sailing silently under the shimmering sun!!!

Phaia

Autocad

TFcommando

This is what I have so far... Might be a bit minmaxed with the 20 Cha, could drop it down.  A decadent Taldan noble adventuress, lots of talent and knows it.

stats

Female Human Sorcerer 1
LN Medium Humanoid
Init +2 Perception +1

AC 13, Touch 13, Flatfooted 10 (+4 for Mage Armor)
HP 6
Saves Fort +1 Ref. +2 Will +3

Speed 30 feet
BAB 0
Melee -2
Ranged +2

Sorcerer Spells Known

1st  Mage Armor, Magic Missile
0th Read Magic, Ray of Frost, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic

Stats

-4 Str 7
5 Dex 14
0 Con 10
2 Int 12
0 Wis 10
17 Cha 20

Base Atk +0
CMB +0
CMD

Feats:
Eschew Materials
Persuasive
Dodge

Adventure Skills
Knowledge (Arcana) +5
Diplomacy +12
Intimidate +12
Spellcraft +5
Bluff +9
Use Magic Device -
Knowledge (Planes) -

Background Skills
Knowledge (History) +6
Knowledge (Nobility) +5

Languages
Common
Draconic
Cyclops

Traits
Princess Diplomacy Class Skill, +1 Diplomacy & Intimidate bonus
Ancient Explorer  Knowledge History Class Skill +1 to History and Local checks, Cyclops language

Air Elemental Bloodline -

Elemental Ray (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash an elemental ray as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d6 points of damage of your energy type + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell that deals energy damage, you can change the type of damage to match the type of your bloodline. This also changes the spell's type to match the type of your bloodline.

Favored Class Sorcerer +1 skill level 1

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

DeviantMunster

I think I'd like to be an oracle! They seem fun.
Ah, not sure if that fits with what people are already choosing or not.

Tamhansen

Well, I've selected a witch and a rogue so far, so yes, an oracle is a pretty valid choice.
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

Then I"ll begin trying to do a write up. I had no idea pathfinder had so many books, but I like the choice!

Edit: Races have points?

Tamhansen

Most do yes. You can find it here. Basically some races are inherently more powerful than others. Where D&D used to, and i assume will again solve that by XP penalties, pathfinder uses a point system. You can find it here. The races in the core book are never given points, but they're allowed anyway.

A listing of most races is here including race points.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

Quote from: Phaia on March 17, 2016, 09:20:47 PM
None needed DM, any help ya need there are several of us that can answer basic system questions. I know it fairly well but always seem to find something new with the next character someone works up. Awesomeness for me is more on how you roleplay your character then on how you min/max the abilities. I dislike the resistances of the tieflings but I am gonna use them [unless of course Tamhen would let me switch them for one of the alternate traits  O:) O:) ]

Phaia

Sorry, completely missed this request. Of course you can switch.
ons and offs