ExXxalted game

Started by DreadD, December 14, 2009, 01:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadD

Now, I apologize for the wishy-washiness of this request in advance.

Basically, I've been reading through the Exalted books lately, and been a little surprised at how incredibly sex-focused a large quantity of their text is, and, well...  I went "Hey, I know somewhere where we could actually do something with all that subtext."  The only problem is, I don't really have the experience with Exalted to think I can actually RUN the game.  I'm mostly wondering if I can find other people interested, and if we can put some sort of plot or find a GM who wants to run it together.

Anyone in for a little Higher than High Fantasy playing about?

Cold Heritage

Which edition, and which group were you interested in playing?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

DreadD

A fair question, the only edition I have access to any books of is...  Well let me go check...  2nd, at present, so I suppose that was the edition I was considering.  As for "Groups" I presume you mean Solars/Abyssals/Infernals/Et al.  What I would hope to see in the game would quite possibly be a mixed group for...  Optimal potential, though undead make me feel, er...  Awkward when it comes to certain kinds of RPing so I, at least, would not want to be involved with any deeds with Abyssals.  If a GM has an idea for a game that requires a unified group of one type, I'd be willing to work with that, but I can beg, borrow, and steal most of the books I'd need to find out stuff about the various types as needed, so I have no specific type in mind.

Though I must confess a preference for using the merit/flaws system from Scroll of Heroes (if that's the right name) in character creation.

Empyrean

I'd be interested in being the GM for this. I think I could come up with something that allows for a mixed group setting that allows for the erotic text to be applied. :)

Yosho

If a GM has been found and this game gets off the ground, you could count me in.

Plot Hooks

Same here.   Now,  I don't want to do anything illegal,  but I would kill a man,  in front of his own mama,  for a good game of exalted.   And if anyone tried to testify against me,  I'd gouge their eyes out.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

DreadD

Well, we seem to be off to a decent start, Empyrs.  Three players at least should be enough to at least start considering what all you want to do ^_^

Raveled

Exalted can be fun.  Might as well throw my hat in.

Also, I laugh at the idea that there is subtext in Exalted.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Empyrean

This does indeed look promising. So do you all have any idea of what you'd like to play yet? Keeping in mind that Abyssals are out as are Fair Folk. The rules for the Raksha are very confusing and headache-inducing I've found. Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Dragon-Blooded, and Infernals are all allowed and encouraged.  I won't stop you if you want to play a Heroic Mortal, Ghost, Demon, or one of the Blooded characters, but what I have in mind so far is something that might not be friendly to those types.  Also, the Flaws and Merits from the Scroll of Heroes is allowed, and if Alchemicals comes out before we start play I'll happily allow them in too. :)

Raveled

Well, my default is Lunars.  Let me dig around in my stable, see what pops up for fresh air.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

DreadD

Hrm, well, on some level I tend to try to get a feel for the setting and *then* design my character rather than vice-versa.  If nothing else, I'll see what everyone else wants to play and see if I can't fill in any party effectiveness gaps that might show up.

Though, to be fair, playing some sort of socialite in this game has some appeal, probably Solar/Lunar at that point, I suppose.

Empyrean

A Solar or Lunar socialite sounds awesome. :) I'm still working up the setting in my head but I don't imagine there being a lot of direct combat (unless that's what you all want). I hope to be able to give you a clearer idea by the end of today or tomorrow. :)

Muse

*Throwes himself down on his knees and grovels.* 

May I play? 

Would you like Chocolate the sexy night caste courtesean trying to take down the drug trade?  Yume the busty martial artist?  Someone else/  Anyone? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Raveled

I'm thinking either an enigmatic No Moon sorcerer/shaman, or else a Changing Moon monkey/thief.  So plan around those.
O|O A|A Ideas

prurientelf

Players still being sought for this?  I'd love to play a naive and nubile Eclipse or the Abyssal counterpart if it is a darker campaign.  What sort of themes will be explored in this game?  What type of limits/scenarios? 

Plot Hooks

I would love to play one of two characters.    C/p from my Ideas thread...

The First is the Auspicious Savant.    He/she is a twilight built around the 1st Edition Spawning of Monsters Spell.   As an aside, I think that spell may be a little too powerful, and I have some ideas on how to scale it back, unless the GM thinks it'd be O.K. as is, in which case I wouldn't argue.

The Savanat is also is a bit nebulous to their sex due to a hearthstone of Gender Transformation, and possesses the selective conception and quick gestation merits and mutations.     

His/Her motivation is to 1.) Create better life,  and 2.) breed her way into one of the major houses of the Dragon Blood, which he/she then plans on using to get to the thrown, though the character could fit into any story, really.

The second character, I haven't named yet.  Let's call him Unspoken Word.      Unspoken Word is a priest of the unconquered sun, but he is mute.     I'm open to suggestions, but I think that in order for him to work, he'd need a custom hearthstone.     The general idea is that he three fold binds people, and then uses the Hearthstone to communicate with them telepathically so that they act as a "Chorus" for him.    His motivation would be to spread the 'true' religion of the unconqured sun to all five poles of creation.  Again, he could fit a wide variety of scenarios, but there's something about this concept that I really dig.

To get a good feel for this character, please reference "Hypno-toad from Futurama".

\
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Cold Heritage

An innocent version of Yume who had yet to have any experience in love would be to DIE for.

If possible, I'd like to try out an Infernal, using the Infernal hero style of fighting. The core sort of concept would be a sort of Blood Knight kind of guy (you know, a guy who just really, really loves to fight). I think he would probably be less a type who would have his own ambitions and goals, because the greatness he is destined for is defined by conflict . . .  any conflict, really.

I might need some help on charm selection and all of that so I don't end up being a paper tiger or otherwise functionless.

prurientelf

Empyrean

All of you are welcome to play. ^_^

Muse: So hard to choose! Any possibility of a busty, sexy martial artist courtesan by any chance?  XD

Prurientelf: A naive and nubile Eclipse definitely works. ^_^

Plot Hooks: I've never heard of the Spawning of Monsters spell. Or seen Hypno-toad but I think I have an idea of what you'd like to do with Unspoken Word.

Cold Heritage: I would have no problem with such an Infernal.

Thank you all for your interest. :) As for the themes, so far I'm thinking that the themes will be those what sort of power and pleasure one can seek when you're suddenly granted great gifts. Also, the theme of the new against the old. As for the game's plot, here's my idea so far:

A group of outsider Exalts (an extremely naive ronin Chosen of Journeys who was never found and trained by the Bureau of Destiny, her Outcaste Wood Aspect lover, a Casteless Lunar with a grudge against the Guild, and a Night Caste Solar kleptomaniac) have banded together. Very recently, they've stumbled across a McGuffin known as the Eye of Autochthon, which is an exceptionally powerful artifact. PCs can be sent to retrieve it (if they belong to an organization like the Silver Pact) or they could just run into the group. The problem now becomes, how do you seduce, manipulate, or gain the allegiance of these four, and what do you do with Creation-changing power, and the chance to achieve unparalled pleasures in the face of those who would seduce or steal the power from you?

What do you think guys and gals? I am willing to work with the group to create something all will find enjoyable to play.  :)

prurientelf

Will the grittier side of things be explored?  Such as non-consent, sexism, etc?  Baring that I am excited to get to work on an Exalt, I've not played in a while!

Plot Hooks

Spawning of Monsters is a first edition Celestial spell that can be found in both Savant & Sorcerer (otherwise known as the Camel-toe book) and the book of three circles.    It is as follows:

THE SPAWNING OF MONSTERS
Cost: 30 motes
Target: See text

This spell allows a sorcerer to breed two wholly different species together
by magically extracting the seed from one male partner and implanting it into
the womb of a female. The creature conceived of this sorcerous union combines
the best physical traits and spiritual aspects of both species and exists solely
to serve the caster until its death. The ritual begins with the caster spending the required
motes of Essence to drain himself or a male creature of its entire peripheral
Essence pool and then storing that Essence in an acorn. The sorcerer may keep an acorn to
complete the spell for up to one month, but he cannot access the Essence inside
the acorn for any other reason.

To implant this Essence into a female creature and begin gestating a new
monster, the sorcerer must feed the acorn, either whole or ground up but
in its entirety, to a male of a species that can mate with the female.
When the male creature eats the acorn, it becomes suffused with a reddish
aura of Essence and immediately goes into season. The sorcerer then mates it
with the female that will bear the monster, and when the mating is complete,
the ruddy Essence will drain from the male creature into the female.

The monster grows within the womb at an unnatural speed and will be born in
one-tenth the time it takes for a creature of the female's species to gestate,
usually just a few weeks. This hideous growth drains the mother's strength,
and the birth of the monster will kill any mortal creature.

Essence using beings, such as Elementals and Exalts, may survive the process
if their players succeed at a Stamina + Resistance roll, its difficulty equal
to the new creature's permanent Essence
(difficulty 1 if a female sorcerer uses herself as a host).

The new creature will have all of the best Traits of the two parent creatures.
It has the highest of the two creature's Attributes, Virtues, Willpower,
permanent Essence and any shared Abilities, as well as gaining any
Abilities that either parent solely had. The creature will be an Essence user
if one of the parents was also an Essence user. It will gain the Charms and
other mystical abilities of either parent, though it will not have Backgrounds
or any equipment that the sorcerer does not grant it. After its birth, it will
grow to maturity in one week and will be completely devoted to the sorcerer as
if the sorcerer were its only parent.

Countermagic may be cast at any time during the ritual, but after the creature
has been conceived, there is no way to reverse the effects of the spell.
Normal methods of abortion may be used, but they carry twice the normal health
risks for the unwilling host mother.

The final appearance and statistics of the newborn monster must be approved
by the Storyteller before this spell is used.

Plothooks Suggestion:

Products of the spell used between exalts are Half-casts, not Exalts.    One might also want to consider an Essence cap of 3 or so, but then again, it is a celestial level spell.

So as you can see, the Savant is actually a pretty sexual character.   And probably not always concentual.  >_>

prurientelf

Heh.  Well!  While pregnancy subplots aren't my fave I think I catch your drift.  Sounds like I should get to work on my already started nubile and naive eclipse.  I'd rather her be a fresh, new exalt, possibly days, not very aware of the new world she has stepped into but not entirely a simpleton either.  I am thinking she was a tavern wench in her old life, someone who had learned how to evade the wandering hands of a dragonblooded before her blessing from the Unconquered Sun manifested. 

Plot Hooks

Heh, I can respect that.    I'm not really into preggo-play either, per say.     For me, it's a Bene Gesserit thing.    Creating an society with an Omni-sex demigod at the head of it all has an undeniable allure.

Cold Heritage

It's probably the D&D in me, but when I see that game idea, my answer to the question is, "get the Unconquered Sun off the Games of Divinity, make the Solars worthy of his love again, and make Creation a better place."  :-[

What sort of chargen rules are we looking at?

DreadD

While I'd certainly be on for the story idea, if that's what people want, I feel as though focusing it on four other characters and an artifact of SUPER POWER might be a bit limiting to our potential for interaction, particularly if people are going to be playing young exalted.  By making it about "You have the artifact to RE SHAPE THE WORLD" we lose the potential for small, but still significant interactions with regular mortals of varying levels of import, and a good deal of intrigue as things become a much simpler "Us versus Them" when you get to that sort of power level, because you eliminate a lot of people from being important to the story when whatever they bring against us can just kind of be waved away with the power of SUPER ARTIFACT.

I may be assuming overmuch, though.