News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup

Started by Nico, June 07, 2010, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridcully

And Paul was right again...!

Third place for our young team :) I'm very, very proud of them and happy. If one considers how many players of this team are only between 20-25, and on the bench are players of the same age still - we really, really, have a great future.

And unlike former times, when our teams won by pure will, strength and brillant goalkeepers, this team plays soccer.

And with Müller and Özil, we have two new world stars. Özil will be transfered to a big team in Spain or England soon, and this will only make him much, much stronger.

Findarato

I think Spain will win it.  My final four from the start were : Argentina, Brazil, Spain and Netherlands (not knowing the brackets)

Zealously Jaded

Netherlands should win...

Nico

I hope Spain makes it!

Izu

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lithos

You all know that Spain will make it already. The octopus has spoken.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Imogen

It's like double or nothing... you keep winning...and then you bet one time too many ... (I hope!!)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Arhys

Hup Holland Hup! 

mmm, calamari...

~~ed.  that should have been a red though, blah :( 

Imogen

I am really hoping for a more sporting second half ... One card per 6 minutes, and the Netherlands leading that shameful race :-(
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

aya

Hope Spain can win without having to go home in stretchers from the fouls.

Malina

Fie, shame on the Netherlands' team!

I've started watching this game with lots of sympathy for the Netherlands, as everybody was so convinced Spain would win, I hoped the Netherlands would have a lucky day, maybe surprise us all. By now, having seen them play this poorly, and, what's lots worse, this ugly, seen them foul, and foul, and foul yet again, in the meanest fashion, they've lost all my sympathies. That's not world class football. Argentina played more fairly, and less brutal.

Go, Spain, show them how to play and win fairly!

Arhys

I know Malina, it is not usually their way, comparatively speaking.  But De Jong...that was nasty.

~ed.  just heard on German tv the Dutch have the most more yellow card of all World Cup, surprises and disappoints me, it had not seemed that way.  I do not mind tough physical play though.

The game is a disappointment from both sides, can't believe no one has been hurt yet.

Imogen

Nasty and unnecessary... he was lucky to get away with yellow. I hated seeing it... they are better than that

Looks like we're leading by only one card now..but omg, this is so bad I want to vote for Uruguay as World Champion!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Arhys

Both sides are remembering now why they are there, playing much better.

Oniya

End of regulation, still 0-0.  Some of those goalie kicks (sending it back into play) are just amazing.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Imogen

Well, each side will have 2 x 15 mins to avoid the title of Worst World Champion ever. Perhaps it was to be expected, both sides are great teams and of course there's a lot of tension and caution. It's just such a shame that neither is showing their class right now. And yeah, the goalies are doing a great job :-D
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Phobetor

Ugh I'm so disappointed in the entire game. Yesterday's game was so much better! So much more intense! Now it's just yellow cards and dirty plays and bad shots! Bah! I'm honestly indifferent as to who wins.
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Arhys

phew...

end of the 2nd and extra time have begun to make up for the start. 

Izu

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Oniya

Where would Paul rather be right now?

OCTOPUS'S GARDEN
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Imogen

More fouls, more cards and a goal after a 'maybe' offside... The game was highly disappointing, but although I'm sad Netherlands didn't win, I'm more sad they didn't show what a great team they are. They played an awsome tournament and I think they've done an awsome job, going through so many matches unbeaten. I'll quickly forget the travesty of this last match and remember the awsome soccer they've played in so many matches.

Well done Spain! I enjoyed watching their play throughout the World Cup!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Arhys

Well-said Imogen.  I was disappointed in them, they deserved to showcase themselves much better than they did.

Stan'

Another team, cheated out of victory.

This time, it was the referee at it.

Guess this world cup will be forever known as the one with all that noise, and all those shit decisions.

Cheka Man

I think the right team won.