News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sherlock Fall - Massive Spoliers Throughout

Started by Kythia, May 12, 2013, 11:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

So, I know there are some fans of the BBC Sherlock adaptation on here.  Just spent the day watching series two again and noticed something I hadn't previously:

Sherlock // The Fall

Rather rubbishy video but shows what I want.

Look at 1:17 Shot of the right side of Sherlock's face - St Paul's in the background.
Look at 2:14 Shot of the right side of Sherlock's face - entirely different building in the background.

I'd always figured from the fact he threw his phone away that the conversation with John wasn't happening when we thought it was - that it was a recorded conversation (he doesn't actually answer any of John's questions and sure he follows the same conversation as John but I don't think its unreasonable that Sherlock can predict John's thoughts.  He can in the books) and this seems to back that up.

I know this was discussed to death when it was first released but a quick google of some obvious seeming terms hasn't shown up any mention of that discrepancy.

Oniya

God, that's amazing.  I don't even think Michi picked up on that, although I had to look up pictures of St. Paul's to make sure it didn't have spires next to the dome.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Stella

....I did not pick up on that at all. I was too busy wrestling with the impossibility of spongy concrete and a body swap. Thanks for this, Kythia; given me a lot to think about!