The Hellmouth Rogues - A BtVS Spinoff (F/F) - Interest/Recruitment - OPEN AGAIN

Started by Alias, January 31, 2017, 02:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alias

Hello! welcome to “The Hellmouth Rogues”. This is technically a ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ spinoff roleplay. But very little knowledge is required. I’ll speak in general terms.

The Idea
    There is a war in the shadows on Earth, demons and vampires hunt by night. They are smart enough to keep themselves hidden from the living. And most people never come into contact with the monsters and the true darkness. But there are woman young and old, a select few, chosen by mysterious forces that can hunt them, fight them, and kill them, they are called 'The Slayers' This is a game for five players, including myself as GM, and one of the five main PCs. Each player will control one female character. These girls all have the following powers, and more: super strength, accelerated healing, superhuman endurance, increased speed, a supernatural sense of danger, and prophetic dreams. These five women will roam the land wherever they want on Hell and Earth. They will kill demons, vampires, and other monsters. Depending on the players, these girls might lean toward the heroic, or they might lean toward the more sinister side of the coin. They could rescue the helpless, or they might be one step away from being murderous and evil. In either case, they will enjoy their power in each others company, hunt down demons, save/kill some innocent people, fight against an army of hellbeasts, and much much more. I intend this game to be a good balance of drama, comedy, action, and f/f smut (redacted from previous closing line due to poorly chosen words, sorry, fixed.).

The Setting
    So, onto the Canon. This is shorter than I thought it was before. The explanation of this fiction’s world, and the set up for the game are as follows: There are demons everywhere. It's a secret. The demons want to take over Earth, and make Earth into Hell. There's a council of wise men that guard and distribute knowledge about these demons to Slayers. They are called 'The Watcher's Council.' (Our Slayers are rogues, so the Council is likely to be antagonistic no matter what). There used to be only one slayer a generation, for thousands of years. Recently, the rules have changed. There are now thousands of slayers. Timeline:
    ?? - first slayer
    2003 - thousands of slayers
    2017 - January - game start

We'll start in smalltown Ohio, outside of Cleveland. Characters can come from anywhere, and we can take them anywhere afterward. The world is our oyster, we just gotta get out of Ohio first.

GM ANNOUNCEMENT

Feel free to pitch character concepts or apply in full with a character sheet; You can either PM me or post it here, I'm fine either way. There is currently no deadline for applications. The monster spoiler at the bottom of this post as been modified to reflect the information anyone would need for this game. *tea and biscuits for all* Enjoy!

March 25th Update
    The first game has started! The 2nd game is very close already! I am STILL accepting new applications

The Rules
    -Approval I-
    New characters can be posted in the OOC or PMed to me. Re-applications must be PMed to me.
    -Approval II-
    This is not a first come first serve game. If there are nine of us that want to be involved, I’ll probably do two versions of the game. If there are thirty five, I’ll pick the eight best, and do two games. If there are exactly five applicants, I’ll have to turn one down. I don’t like first come first serve. I’d rather be the voice of power.
    -Be respectful-
    We’re all here to have fun. Communicate openly, transparently, and enjoy each other’s company
    -Character Choice-
    When applying for this game, I’m expecting Original characters. The girls can be any age, I’d prefer mid twenties to late teens, but they could be as old as 35. They were activated in 2003, or later. And I wouldn't say no to some one just picking up one of my slayers from the bottom of this post. I can always make more for myself if you take my favorite or something. Of course, making your own is preferred. But, I can be convinced to do anything really.
    -No system-
    We'll police ourselves, most of the fighting will be PC vs GM anyway, and I won't be trying to beat your Slayer up, I'll just be trying to tell a good story.
    -Post Length -
    +300 words, I encourage more, but it depends on the scene, if it’s a fast moving conversation, hovering down near 300 is respectful, but i would like to draw a hard line here. There are always 300 words or more somewhere.
    -Posting Volume -
    At least once a week, same as above, more often is encouraged, but there has to be a line somewhere
    -Writing Style -
    3rd person limited, past tense. Perspective clarification: 3rd person, but limited to where your character is, what she would know, and what she can think. I will be inside of NPC’s heads. Other writers should try to avoid that. 
    First Active Game

• VonDoom -Niss || 2-16
    • WhatLiesAbove -Alexis || 2-16
    • AmandaWho - Aspen || 3-11
    • Red Eve - Josephine || PMed

Submitted Characters

• Doomsday - Trinity || 3-20
    • Rachubka - Lily || PMed
    • la Dame en Noir - Audra || 3-24

Possible Interest - Publically Stated
    • yaracyrrah - Miranda || 3-8
    • - SlipperySue -
    • - Callie Del Noire -
    • - la Dame en Noir -
    Confirmed Interest

• - JamesSureWould -
    • - WilyRiley -

Character Sheet

Feel free to fill this out and post it here or pm the character sheet to me. Don’t let this piece stress you out, if you don’t like character sheets, I’ll help you make it, I love them. I sort of insist on characters sheets. They help me rp, I like to have references to help me dream up my fantasies. My character sheet will wait until the end unless everyone insists to see my favorite slayer first. I have a few to pick from a pool of my slayer concepts. I'd like to see what everyone chooses to play, first, if it's possible. :)
    [/list]
    [float=right][img height=325]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img]
    [img height=100]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img][img height=100]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img][img height=100]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img][img height=100]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img][/float]

[b]Full Name:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b] 16+
    [b]Nationality: [/b] (Anything goes, We’ll figure out where the girls are, at the start of the game once we’re together)
    [b]Hair Colour:[/b]
    [b]Eye Colour:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b] (Whatever system you like)
    [b]Weight:[/b] (Again, whatever system you like)
    [b]Face Claim:[/b] (A real girl, please, personal preference that I’m willing to change but, would much rather not)
    [b]Physical Features:[/b] (Anything that makes her unique or different to the faceclaim? Scars, tattoos, piercings or birthmarks are examples of these.)

[b]General Appearance:[/b] (How does she dress normally? Does she have special clothes that she likes to wear when she is fight that’s different than her regular clothes?)

[b]Personality:[/b] (At least a paragraph describing what she’s like as a person. Things like hates, fears, loves just a general idea of her as a person. Feel free to go as in depth as you like.)

[b]Character Flaws/Weaknesses:[/b] (A Slayer doesn’t have many weaknesses, so think about emotional problems she might have. What parts of growing up with super powers was the most difficult for her? What gives her nightmares?)

[b]History:[/b] (these girls will mostly have the same background, ‘i was once normal, now I’m a superhero. I ran away from my parents/watcher/foster home/friends.’ Other than that, is there anything important that happened in their past?)

[b]Equipment:[/b] (These girls kill demons, what does your girl like to kill with?)

[b]Other:[/b](anything else?)

Madeline Fiona Rivers

Full Name: Madeline Fiona Rivers (Fake Name, real name is Madeline Kelly Schoenecker)
    Nationality: Caucasian
    Hair Colour: Brunette
    Eye Colour: Green, very bright
    Height: 5’8
    Weight: 116 lbs.
    Face Claim: Ellen Page
    Physical Features: Her eyes mostly, slightly more womanly, not much.

General Appearance:  Madeline has a naturally thin frame, She has a very toned and well fit form, her measurements are 32B-24-33. Maddy is muscular by nature, she has a girly six-pack, and a very little amount of body fat. She is tall for a her age. And, she has a bit of a womanly shape already, well proportioned. Her buttocks and her hips are more womanly than Ellen, but not by much. She is very long in frame, and slightly more busty than most girls with her build. Her twinkling emerald eyes are almost eerie, it doesn't look like her face should have such bright eyes, given her dark hair, and her facial structure. She dresses like a low income hipster that spends most of her money on jackets and sunglasses. She likes jeans, skirts over leggings, flats, and sneakers, she wears sweaters, and cute tops that often expose her shoulders. Her hair is wavy, long, and is usually worn down. When she is patrolling or training, she'll often put her hair in a ponytail, or wear a beanie to keep the locks under control. Maddy wears eye makeup almost every day, but not much more. She has very clean skin, soft as soft could be with very little blemishes. She has faint freckles along her nose, and naturally pale skin that tans slightly in the summer.
    Faceclaim: Ellen Page

Personality: Madeline is many sided, as in, almost everything interests her.. She is quick with her words, and brimming with energy. She is able to adapt to the people around her and the situation around her rather easily. She is remarkably curious, to the point of being nosy sometimes. She is sort of afraid of routine and boredom. Madeline almost prefers to be naive, and actually prefers to ignore the depressing truth to reality.

She is Independent, doesn’t particularly like rules, or the way that life is supposed to be lived. Maddy prefers to be left to her own devices, and the idea of having free-will is very important to her. She is flighty, and not exactly dependable in relationships. But she is a good friend, she listens well, and she is fun to be around, even when she’s not in a good mood. She is gifted at being able to internalize her problems without letting them eat her up on the inside. She likes to make everyone think that she is happy, unbothered, and stress free at all times. She can be troubled by other’s issues rather easily though, and tends to care more about her friends problems than her own.

Madeline loves to talk, and she loves to gossip. Maddy is clever, and intelligent. She tends to leave her projects unfinished, and can never decide on what she actually wants to do, and prefers to just do many things at once. She has a bit of a nervous energy about her, like a bunched up spring, she is always wound fairly tight, and her mind works on reflex. She is very in the moment, and reacting to stimulus around her takes up most of her time. Focus is not her strong suit, and boredom comes easily.

Madeline can be a bit superficial at times, she doesn’t spend a lot of time getting to know people deeply unless that person is very important to her day to day life. She is a bad judge of character, and can be quick to trust or mistrust someone on one or two of their actions.

Character Flaws/Weaknesses: Troubled Past - Madeline abandoned her family, her friends, and her entire home-life. Although, this has given her some freedom to enjoy for now, this life choice will eventually bite her in the ass. This is the kind of decision that will come around full circle, and it is only a matter of time.

Nosy - Madeline can often be too curious about other peoples lives and histories, even though she hates it when people ask too much about her background or her state of mind. She doesn't know where other people's boundaries lie. Overly honest people get along well with her, but people that don't like thinking or talking about themselves don't exactly mesh well with her.

Naive by choice - Madeline ignores reality at times. This can be especially dangerous for a Slayer. Almost everything is a childlike game to her. She ran away from her hometown for this reason. She has trouble facing real issues, the facts of life, the inevitability of death, the fact that people lie and mistrust each other. She lives in a fantasy world with a low level of danger. This is not the actual reality. This is bound to get her in trouble.

Anti-establishment - Madeline doesn't follow rules very well. She doesn't always get along with her watcher, she doesn't like listening to authority figures. She gets a simple pleasure from breaking rules and getting away with breaking those rules. For a Slayer, this is another little part of her that wil eventually get her in trouble.

Flighty - This young woman doesn't always do what she says she's going to do. She may feel like a good friend, but every now and then, she is very likely to let her friends down. She might disappear for a few days (or for a lifetime, on occasion). She is good at keeping secrets, and honor among those she considers close to her is important. But, she has a tendency to ignore the fact that other people rely on her. Again, as a Slayer, this has the potential to really weigh her down as a hero.

Scatter brain - Madeline can't focus on one thing at a time. This has it's advantages, she's good at multi-tasking, but, when it comes right down to it, her focus is never like a laser. It is always straying to and fro, glancing in all kinds of directions, and its easy for her to forget about something that she is doing. Shiny things distract her. She rarely finishes projects. Training is legitimately difficult for her, because she doesn't want to do the same thing for more than a few minutes.

Superficial - People around her are not what they always make themselves appear to be, and Madeline as trouble realizing this. She sees people at a surface level, and doesn't spend a lot of time digging deeper than this. People that are close to her are immune to this, but most people are not. She decides that people are what they appear to be. This is sort of a beautiful way to live, as peoples actions define who they are to her. The things that people project at the surface level are the things that matter to her. If something is difficult for someone to do, but they still do it, she doesn't care about what they were feeling when it happened. For example, if a student at school makes fun of a defenseless peer, she doesn't think about why that bully acted mean. She just thinks of that person as a mean person, catagorizes them as a mean person, and moves on. From that point forward, that person has a lot of hard work to do in order to convince her of anything otherwise. This little flaw can also convince her that people are trustworthy when they are lying or disguising their intentions.

History: Madeline was raised in the middle of nowhere, attended a high school in her hometown than looked nicer than it was, and was surrounded by unimportant people for most of her life. She never really got along with her family. She was the youngest of three children, all daughters and one spiteful father. Her childhood was mostly uneventful, her parents rarely fought, but her dad was never that into raising daughters. He had always wanted a son, and never got one. The Middle child, Madeline's senior by three years, was sort of a tomboy, but by the time the girl had turned into a teenager, she was more interested in boys, fashion, and pop music than sports and hunting, the things that Mr. Schoenecker had tried to raise her to love. Madeline was the baby, but unlike most of the youngest children in America, she was never coddled. Her mother loved Xanax, and her father worked most hours of the day. So, she was pretty much raised by her sister's and their boyfriends.

In her sophomore year of high school, in Ferndale, she managed to sink her hook into a hunky senior boy named Michael, and she fell for him with him bad, and he fell for her, it was something like love, but she was too young to understand what was happening. She had had boyfriends before, but none of them had really been very sexual. Maddy was a late bloomer, and her sisters had warned her about boys for most of her life. She was mostly afraid of them for the majority of her life. However, Michael was a gentle boy, and the two of them fully explored each other. Madeline lost her virginity to him at the age of fifteen just before summer break at the end of the school year... It had been prom night. She stayed with him until his untimely death.

She turned sixteen by then when it happened. She had been at home when he crashed his car. She had nothing to do with the accident, but she was traumatized anyway.

For the next three weeks, it was the only thing she heard about. Her family wouldn't let her forget about it, at least one of them asked if she was ok every day. Her friends were either scared to talk to her, or too supportive, constantly calling and inviting her out to take her mind off of the death. Madeline hated it. She wanted no part of it. So, Madeline ran away. She packed up and left. She took one small duffle bag full of clothes and ran away.

She was on the road for one week as a normal girl, on the eighth day, she recieved her Slayer powers at 10:54 a.m. She checked the time when it happened for a reason she can’t remember. Having only been a slayer for about three years. She’s never had a watcher, never had official training, and she’s still learning the tricks of the trade.

Naturally, her freedom eventually allowed her to find some trouble. It took a few close calls for her to learn how to kill a vampire, but she took to it quickly and has confiscated a few weapons and tools from her enemies.

Equipment: Stakes - Crucial vampire slaying tool
    Holy Water - Crucial vampire slaying tool
    Wooden Crosses - Crucial vampire slaying tool
    Javelin - Madeline's favorite weapon is a bow staff with one sharpened end, It's easy to make, used as a defensive weapon, slays vamps like no other, and can even be used as a projectile. The weapon is cumbersome though and difficult to hide, so she can't bring it with her all of the time.
    Iron Cross - A fourteen inch Iron cross that she pretty much always has on her person

Other: not so much
    Slayer by Alias #1
    Alice May Marker

Full Name:Alice May Marker
    Nationality: Caucasian
    Hair Colour: Natural brunette, wears blonde
    Eye Colour: Green/Hazel (as pictured)
    Height: 5’6
    Weight: 110 lbs.
    Face Claim: Alysha Nett
    Physical Features: Nope, just as pictured

General Appearance: Alice is a tomboy of sorts. She was always dressed in boy's clothes, and liked to keep her hair short. As she got older, her body started to develop, but her style didn’t change much. She learned to enjoy lingerie, and she learned to be risque, Alice likes to show herself off. She doesn’t mind fight in her underwear, or even naked. When she’s serious, she’ll wear some light military armor over very thin fabrics. Her ‘armor’ is more for show than anything else. Most of the time however, she wears typical clothing, t-shirts, jeans, and steel toed boots. Her breasts are full, her ass is muscular and round. Alice has a petite shape to her, but she is well shaped and mature. 32B-24-33, dress size 2.

Personality: Alice is fun, and mean at the same time. She doesn’t fuck around much. Bullshit bothers her, and she can become distrustful at times because of how much she dislikes lying. Sometimes, she can convince herself that the truth is something else, something fake, and it can drive her a bit batty. She doesn’t particular like to trust people. However, when she does learn to trust someone, she becomes a totally different person. She’s excitable, humorous, and boyish by nature. Alice has a great sense of humor, and she likes to tease her friends. She prefers to be around men. But, she has been a fairly strict lesbian her whole life.

She doesn’t much like talking about the past, nor does she like to define herself. When others do either of these things it bugs her. Even if they are friends, she likes to tell people that they’re acting like an ass when they are. Confrontation is fun for her. She’s had her slayer powers a long time, and not many people have been able to fuck with her for a long time.

Only other slayers can give her a challenge, demons are pretty exciting too. She loves the hunt, and she savors the kill.

Besides all of this, her ability to express her love is rather profound, even though she doesn’t know what it is or what to do with it. Alice knows how to treat the people she loves. She’s not a bully, she just likes to see people’s real side. And she cares for people passionately. Her other slayers are all she has.

Character Flaws/Weaknesses:
    Distrustful - Alice doesn’t deal with strangers well. And she can even get mad at people she loves in a moment of near psychotic delusion. She is a bit paranoid by nature, and needs reassurance more often then she pretends to need it. If she becomes convinced that someone is lying to her, it can get violent fast.

Rude/Judgemental/Brash - Alice doesn’t have much of filter. If it’s in her head, she’s going to say it. This can get ugly sometimes. Not everyone likes to hear her thoughts all of the time. Especially since most of her thoughts are fairly judgemental of other people

Lost - Alice doesn’t know what she wants. She lives in a mania of sex, violence, chasing, sleeping, and anger. She wants to love, but she doesn’t really know how to. Wanderlust is not enough, Alice doesn’t know where she’s going. She doesn’t even like travelling. Her favorite thing is a nice soft bed. It’s not home, but it feels like it while she’s using it. Alice has been so long without a home, she doesn’t really remember what it’s like. She clings to her lovers, the last remnant of humanity left in her.

Anger issues - Alice has a short fuse. She doesn’t like to ask a lot of questions, and information doesn’t exactly interest her. If someone is intentionally trying to make her mad, the confrontation is soon to follow. She isn’t exactly abusive to those she loves, but she absolutely can be.

Superiority complex - Alice sees herself as super human. She considers herself to be one of the most powerful things in the world. She’s yet to ever really lose a fight, she can get women when she wants them, and she has forced herself onto people before, sexually. She’s not proud of it, but she’s been to dark places. She likes to be in control of situations, and losing it can make her nervous.

Enjoys killing demons - Hurting evil is a special kind of joy. Like Faith, for those Buffy TV fans, she can get carried away. She likes spilling demon blood. She gets sexually excited after a kill. Her legitimate blood lust is a flash of real evil. She lets herself feel it, she loves it. She might be nice from time to time, but there’s something in her eyes all of the time. She wants to stab something, she’s a hunter, she’s a killer on a deep level. She’s never actually killed a person before, but she’s wanted to. Even on her worst day, Alice is aware what might happen to her if she kills a person, and she is afraid to take that step.

History: Alice was an adopted girl in New York City. She grew up there, a true city girl from the start. Her original parents were of the healthy middle class. The “2nd” of four children. Alice was adopted about eleven months after her older brother Thomas was born. Her adopted parents were Thomas’ natural parents. The next two both had the same father. But none of her siblings had the same mother.

Alice was three, her mother died. She was too young to really remember, but her older brother Thomas has always remembered it vividly. Richard, her father remarried in two years. Her new mother brought her another brother. But she and Richard divorced shortly afterward. She was deemed unfit to raise a child, and  Alice met her third mom when she was six.

It only took one year for Richard to have another child.

Alice was seven, she had a new little sister, Hailey. Her new stepmom Maria was a lawyer, and Alice hated her with a passion. Within four months of Hailey’s birth, Alice learned that she was adopted. And suddenly life became very simple: Hate your parents, hang out with your brother’s finds, fuck off at school, and wear more black. She learned she was a lesbian early on, experimenting before she was even out of childhood. Another factor that came on early in Alice’s life was her slayer powers. She was thirteen when her body was given it’s extra strength.

High school only lasted one year, but it had been a riot. She was expelled from one school, refused by another, guilty of robbery and assault, and sent to juvenile detention for four months. Due to poor behavior, her stay extended. She was there until she was sixteen, and her powers were never fully exposed. She’d had years to learn how to hide it. So, instead of being the freak, she was just the bad ass at the ‘jail’. She did anything she wanted, with anyone she wanted, and when she started to get bored, she just left. She broke out and never turned back.

A few years passed with Alice on the run. When she was almost twenty, the watcher’s council found her and brought her to England to train her. She jumped at the opportunity, and made her way over the Atlantic. She took to the training well, still the tomboy she always was, now enjoying fine European women in her off time. Instead of being sent on missions, she was being trained and prepared for serious combat. Alice stayed there for about eight months, and then… she got bored there too. She stole what she needed, knocked out who she needed and made off to Northern Europe. She preferred Norway and Sweden, but she spent a lot of time in Denmark as well.

This was Alice’s killing ground. She stalked through small towns, stole from townsfolk, and made her way from place to place hunting demons. Her goal was to create a demon free snowy paradise, but the idea had actually been easy to accomplish. In less than a year, she had mostly cleared out a large area of all boogie monsters. And, then out of boredom, she moved on.

Equipment:
    Personal Favorite: A Four foot Danish Waraxe
    Alternate main weapon: Scandanavian Broadsword 27” blade
    Wooden Stakes: vamp killer special
    Silver Dagger: for show and for fucking up werewolves
    Bow And Arrow: well trained and natural archer
    .45 Caliber pistol: She always carries it on her for emergency situations

Other:not so much
    Slayer By Alias #2
    Rain Dylan Shrader

Full Name: Rain Dylan Schrader - “Rainy”
    Nationality: Caucasian, Scottish heritage.
    Hair Colour: Red
    Eye Colour: Bright Blie
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 113 lbs.
    Face Claim: Aja Warren
    Physical Features:
    Rainy has 43 tattoos on her left thigh, on 7 on her right thigh. All of them are just lines that keep track of her kills. 43 vampires, 7 assorted demons.

General Appearance:
    Rain is young, but she’s grown into her body quickly and she likes to show it off. When she’s not training or out on patrol, she’s usually next to naked, hanging out around her house. When she goes out, she likes to wear revealing dresses and tiny excuses for shorts and skirts. That is when she goes out to the club, or to fight demons. Having free movement is important in her opinion. She’s tried to wear more protective clothing before and it didn’t suit her.

Personality:
    Rain has a bit of a staunch personality. She doesn’t like to look back on her past, and she’s dedicated her life to helping people for long enough to have developed some pretty mature traits. She likes to stay quiet. She’s goal oriented, and mission focused. She doesn’t get along too well with other people in general, and she was taught to avoid friendships for many years. Rain has a wonderful sense of humor though, and she’s spent a lot of time the last year or so trying to learn how to treat other people.

Character Flaws/Weaknesses:

Unfriendly, and closed off. Rain wants things down right away, and patience has no meaning to her. She doesn’t like to ask questions. Showing up and kicking ass is her M.O. Talking things out and solving puzzles don’t work with her. She’s not resourceful, and she has trust issues. Rain has developed a pretty serious problem with authority, and doesn’t react well to anyone telling her what she can and cannot do.

History:
    She lived in a happy family until she was thirteen. There was nothing spectacular about it, nothing good, and nothing traumatic. Her father filed for divorce, and her mom was gone a lot. But she had an older brother to take care of her along with her dad. She moved to california when she was six, living just outside of Oakland to be closer to her mom.

As she grew up, she started to adopt many boyish behaviors to fit in with her older brother and her dad. She became relatively obsessed with baseball. Her first celebrity crush was on a pitcher for the Oakland Athletics. Both her brother and her dad loved to talk about it, and she could listen to them talk about baseball for hours. She enjoyed other sports as well, but none if it mattered to her like a 3-2 count in the bottom of the 9th.

Rain was 13 when her slayer powers came to her suddenly. It all came in at once and flooded her personality with confusion and insane strength. The dreams caused her to think she was insane, so volunteered to go to a mental ward to get better. Within a month, the watcher’s council arrived and had a meeting her mom and dad. They lied to her parents, in a way. Long story short, Rain went with the Watcher’s Council back to England. She trained there for years, and picked up regular slayer duty at the age of sixteen. Her first kill came quickly, and many more followed.

She wasn’t allowed to make friends, or go out in public very often. She started to develop into a woman quickly. And she was thirsty for a partner sexually. Her watcher was a woman, so when Rainy explained herself to her watcher, that she was feeling lonely and sexually starved, her watcher understood her perfectly, and actually expressed the same frustration to her slayer. Ms. Faye Hannegan was nearly 40, a lesbian and supremely attracted to her slayer. The two bonded in many ways. Faye gave Rain her tattoos. Faye and Rain made love most nights. She trained her slayer to be strong though, and would often express the control she had over her slayer in the bedroom with ropes and chains. It was very naughty and very much not allowed by the watcher’s council.

The two were in love, in some strange way. Rain fought hard to prove herself, and she learned to be an efficient and deadly slayer. But, when she turned eighteen, her trust was completely broken. There was a test, and Faye had administered the test. It shattered Rain’s confidence of her, for the test had nearly been fatal. Rain lost the pinky finger on her left hand, she had a broken arm, a concussion, and she was bleeding internally. Faye wanted to help, but Rain was done. She made a grand exit.

Faye tried to stop her physically, but Rain threw her to the side violently as she walked away into the night.

Rain went back over the atlantic, and started to wander back toward California. She landed in Florida, and as walked her way to the outskirts of Cleveland. She has a new obsession with finding buse and sexually assaulting girls outside of bars. Rain isn’t old enough to go into a bar, but she still tries.

She’s yet to be arrested yet, but she’s pushing her luck, especially in the bible belt. She’s been in fights, she’s caused property damage, and she might have pushed a couple girls too far. Rain has never killed a person, she’s never ruined anyone’s livelihood, and she’s never outwardly raped anyone. Her sexual advances are very dominant though, and she doesn’t exactly know the difference between courtship and a handshake.

Equipment:
    Indian Pata Sword - Image is Here. The weapon is a mixture of a gauntlet and a sword. It protects the hand much more, and removes the users wrists from the equation. She is fast, and deadly with this weapon. It is an old weapon, handed down to her by Faye, the only thing she keeps around from her ex-watcher. It was a Hannegan family heirloom.

Vampire killing tools - Holy Water, Crosses, and Wooden stakes.

A super soaker - Image is Here. That’s right, a goddamned water gun. She fills it with holy water and sprays it from afar. She uses a bottle from her favorite type of soda as her holy water storage. She doesn’t always use this, because holy water can be tricky to find. But she has wandered into a church to take some before with saying a word to the people there. She got this idea from watching movies.

Other: Bisexual, has more experience with women, and feels more comfortable with them sexually. But she fantasizes about men often.
    Slayer by Alias #3

The Edited Spoiler of Information refined for relevance **

THE SLAYER

"Into every generation, there is a chosen one. One girl in all the world. She alone will wield the strength and skill to stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness; To stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers. She is the Slayer."

Slayer: A female human bestowed with mystical powers that originated from the heart of a demon.These powers include superhuman senses, strength, speed, endurance, agility, healing and occasional prophetic dreams in the fight against forces of evil.

The “Vampire Slayer”: A misnomer, every slayer primarily exists in order to hold back the constant flow of vampires. However, the “vampire slayer” is responsible for fighting against all forms of demonic evil.

The choosing: A new slayer is chosen by “the powers that be” when the previous slayer dies. Although the quote from the beginning suggests that there is one slayer per generation, that is not a rule, some slayers live for 30 years, others die within days. The choosing itself is very mystical in nature. The Powers that Be seem to have precognition, giving them the ability to choose the most viable “potential slayer” in the right location on the Earth. Being able to put the slayer in the right place allows them to ‘choose their battlefront’ appropriately.

Activation: When a slayer is ‘activated’, the chosen girl typically experiences a very distinct feeling. That feeling is different for every girl, some of them experience a rush of adrenaline, other’s experience an aggressive assault of negative sensations, other’s experience disorientation. While some, experience nothing but a tickle, another might experience a blast of energy that could quite literally knock her off her feet. The powers of the slayer are in full form from the moment of activation.

2013: All potential slayers that were ready were activated. From that time on, more slayers have activated as well at a rate of aprox. 200 a year world wide

-An investigation of powers-
    Strength: Slayers are endowed with increased physical strength greater than that of average adult humans, some demons and most, if not all, vampires.
    Speed: Slayers have the ability to move at superhuman speeds and possess bullet-time reflexes.
    Agility: A Slayer is capable of superhuman feats of agility. She can leap to great heights and distances.
    Endurance: A Slayer's body is substantially more durable and resistant to blunt force trauma than an ordinary human. Slayers also have several times the endurance of a common human, so it is difficult, though not impossible, to bruise them, break their bones or strain their joints.
    Stamina: Slayer’s have wildly advanced stamina.
    Senses: Slayers possess a heightened awareness of their surroundings. This heightened awareness can, with experience, allow the Slayer to know the position of an attacker and fight them blindfolded or in the dark.
    Prophetic Dreams: All Slayers through the ages share a psychic link, manifested in dreams. A Slayer can frequently dream of herself as a Slayer in another time and place, even before being called. They can also experience prophetic dreams related to upcoming crises, likely given to her by the powers that be.
    Other abilities:
    -Slayer’s seem to possess a natural ability to learn the art of weaponized and hand to hand combat.
    -A slayer is gifted with the dexterity and senses allowing her to throw weapons powerfully and accurately.
    -A resistance to hypnosis.
    -Special Blood, a slayer has magical blood, or at least something like it. When consumed by a vampire, it is an effective power up, and an aphrodisiac. There are magic rituals that demand a slayer’s blood, and it is required for some potions as well.

Human Awareness: Throughout all of history, most humans are completely ignorant to the fact that there is a slayer at all times to protect them from the forces of darkness

Loneliness: A slayer is supposed to be all by herself, but there is something else going on here. The presence of demonic energy within the slayer seems to reflect upon her personality. She is more likely to lose the connections of her family and friends, feeling expelled from regular life. A slayer seems to drive herself away from her former life.

POTENTIAL SLAYERS

Potential Slayers are girls born with the potential to become the Slayer, chosen by mystical forces. Potentials lack the true power of the Slayer, but have greater coordination, agility, and speed than normal human teenagers. Potentials also experience strange dreams of being Slayers from the past as well as having premonitions of the supernatural. In most cases, these girls are identified by the Watchers Council and assigned a Watcher to guide and train them so that they would be prepared if they were called to be the Slayer. Some slayers are trained from infancy. Other times, the girl is completely oblivious to her calling, remaining that way unless she is activated as the new "chosen one." Buffy Summers was one such Potential, only becoming aware of her status when her predecessor was killed and her first Watcher, Merrick, found her.

VAMPIRES

"... the last demon to leave this reality fed off a human, mixed their blood. He was a human form possessed ... infected ... by the demon's soul. He bit another, and another ... and so they walk the Earth, feeding. Killing some, mixing their blood with others to make more of their kind."
    ―Rupert Giles

Vampire: Or Vampyr, these creatures or soulless, undead demon species that can only exist on Earth by leaving their own dimension and possessing a human corpse. They can feed on the blood of any mammal, but prefer humans above all else by far.

Reproduction/Siring: A vampire need do little more than to feed their blood to a human, and then kill that human by sucking them dry in order to create another vampire. Drinking the blood of a vampire does not turn a human. And being killed by a vampire does not sire a new vampire either. Vampires oft feel an erotic sensation from the act of siring similar to orgasm. Many new vampires are sired on a whim from their sire, a sexual act of little consequence, leaving many freshly sired vampires to be abandoned by their ‘parent’ vamp.

-Death-
    Vampires turn to dust when they die. These are the things that kill them:

-Wooden objects through the heart. The larger the piece of wood, the more likely a vampire is to be killed by it. At a certain age, a simple stake is not enough to kill a vampire. Sharp wood easily pierces a vampires body, like a knife through butter.
    -Sunlight lights them on fire, and disintegrates them into dust
    -fire can dust a vampire on its own.
    -decapitation kills a vampire instantly, and of course, they turn to dust.

-Weaknesses-
    A note, while vampires have the following weaknesses, only in extreme cases are these weaknesses capable of killing them

-Crosses, the shape of a cross works to deter them, and burns them when pressed against the skin
    -Holy water. Holy water burns like hot oil, and if consumed by mistake, or if forced down the throat, holy water will dust a vampire automatically.
    -Home-right. A vampire cannot entire a domicile without being invited inside first. They can enter any public place. If a home is abandoned, it can be entered as if it were a public space. If there is a sign in front of the building that welcomes them, they can enter. This sign can be simple, ‘welcome’ on the doormat would do just fine. An apartment building can be entered, but walking into an apartment needs an invitation. Further, any space with walls and a door creates a domicile. Even if it is not a traditional home or apartment, if a human considers it to be their home, a vampire cannot enter at will. If a vampire IS invited inside, a specific ritual can be cast in order to put the invisible barrier back up to keep a particular vampire out.
    -Garlic. vampires don’t find garlic to be painful or offensive, but garlic is used in almost all anti-vampire rituals.

Vampires and The Slayer: Within vampire society, the Slayer can be described as a source of great fear. Even ancient and powerful vampires prefer to avoid confronting Slayers, keeping a low profile to prevent attracting her attention. Vampires feel a great deal of hatred towards Slayers. The killing of a Slayer is considered a great feat in vampire society.

-Powers and abilities-

-Strength: Superhuman strength
    -Speed: The ability to move at absurd speeds, and granted with remarkable relfexes.
    -Agility: vampires can jump to unnatural heights, and unnatural distances.
    -Healing/Resilience: Being undead, vampires can endure and survive near-limitless amounts of bodily damage so long as they are not decapitated, burned, or staked through the heart. If you hit them with a car, they can stand up and kick your ass.
    -Senses: Being primarily nocturnal, vampires have enhanced hearing, smell and night vision. They are especially sensitive to the scent of blood, and can distinguish individual humans and vampires by scent. They are even capable of tracking a single human down by scent that is many miles away. They have some degree of night vision. Their powers of perception are so great that, if concentrating enough, they are capable of perceiving certain minuscule details that most beings would easily overlook.
    -Fighting: Upon being sired, nearly all vampires possess an extraordinary ability in hand-to-hand combat, able to fight with great skill and shoot with great accuracy even if he or she had never possessed such skills or training as a human.

WATCHERS
    A watcher is a member of the watcher’s council, devoted to tracking and combating malevolent supernatural entities (and particularly vampires), primarily by locating individuals with the talents required to fight such beings and win. More specifically, Watchers are assigned to train and guide Slayers, Upon a Slayer's demise, her powers are transferred unto a new girl, who was then assigned a new Watcher herself.

Training: Watchers receive training from a young age and have to attend the Watchers Academy. Watchers-in-training are often forced to take part in field tests which require them to defeat an enemy. These are often set in organized conditions where a Watcher-in-training is placed in a situation without any information given to them or warning before hand, where they have to fight a vampire or demon with any means necessary. Other tests aren't organized and are merely pre-existing threats in which the Watchers-in-training are tasked in dealing with based on the information the Council has about the situation. When it comes to theory, Watchers are known to write theses on famous vampires.

Watchers swear sacred oaths that included an oath to protect the innocent. Associations with vampires, demons, and the like are shunned and considered a perversion.

Training Slayers: Watchers teach Slayers hand-to-hand fighting skills mostly in the form of martial arts as well as teaching them to use traditional slayer weapons such as crossbows, axes, swords and quarterstaves. Slayers will be trained regularly; either to learn new skills or to maintain their physical well-being. Other than physical capability, Watchers also train their Slayer's mentality and senses. Watchers shall document their Slayer's progress and ability in what is known as the Watchers Diaries. This will even include recording their Slayer's death.

THE WATCHER’S COUNCIL
    The Watchers Council, colloquially known simply as The Council, and sometimes referred as the Watcher Council of Britain, are the governing institution of the Watchers. The Council maintains operatives throughout the world in their fight against vampires and demons. The Watcher’s Council are descended from the Shadow Men, the creators of the First Slayer in prehistoric Africa. At some point the Watchers made Great Britain their centre of operations. Others offices are located in Munich, Switzerland, Rome, Cleveland and Melbourne. Despite their status as assisting the Slayer, over the years the Council has become increasingly arrogant and egocentric, believing themselves to be the supreme authority while the Slayers are just their tools. The Watcher’s Council has been known to use ethically questionable methods to accomplish its goals. The Council employs a trio of operatives known as the Special Operations Team. This team is responsible for some of the more unsavory aspects of the Council's work, such as interrogations, smuggling, and, if necessary, assassinations. The Council is also known for placing its principles and perceived goals ahead of the well-being of the Slayer. A test known as the Cruciamentum involves suppressing the Slayer's natural abilities with a drug and pitting her against a particularly dangerous vampire on the Slayer's eighteenth birthday. When one particular Watcher, Rupert Giles, defied the rules of the test and interfered in the Cruciamentum of his Slayer, Buffy Summers, he was dismissed from his position immediately. In recent years, mostly while Buffy Summers was alive, the council had an extensive amount of trouble maintaining control over their slayer. Since Buffy’s death, they have basically gone back to their old ways, being douchey, controlling, and egotistical.

DEMONS
    A Demon is a member of a class of supernatural lifeforms native to various Hell dimensions separated from Earth and generally considered to be evil due to their lack of human souls and their destructive tendencies. The term is widely used to describe any creature that was not a god, robot, unmodified human, or standard terrestrial animal. Though individual powers vary between different demon species, most, if not all, demon species possess greater strength, endurance, and natural abilities than humans.

It's unknown what specifically constitutes a demon. Demons come in a variety of shapes and forms with hundreds of known species of demon with diverse traits. Most demons are commonly bipedal or humanoid, very likely due to generations of interbreeding with humans, along with reptilian, mammalian and insectoid features such as such as claws, rough skin, horns and sharp teeth. Most demons (obviously barring the Old Ones) are sized roughly similar to or slightly larger than humans, though there can be a great deal of variance. Other demons shared an appearance closer to non-human animals, dinosaurs, and even more monstrous forms. 
    **Spoiler of information likely has hundreds of authors. It is an attempt to put the buffyverse into canon shape, compiled and edited by Alias. I slimmed it down for relevance to this rp. If anyone would like the full 16 page document, just pm me. :)

Ace Flyer

*plants interest flag*

Will start working on a CS idea and get it posted in here ASAP!

Alias

This is a good chance for me to say, boys are allowed, but only female characters. :)

SlipperySue

Alias

Quote from: SlipperySue on January 31, 2017, 07:26:20 AM
    Colour me interested.

*brings out tea and coffee* I know that sometimes, English people drink coffee too. *leaves a notepad and nineteen pens before scurrying away*

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
    A&A | FxF |
    O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Rachubka

Oooooooh, neat. I'll work on a little something something.

Alias

Wonderful, nice to see you Rachubka.

A note to any one new checking out this board: remember it is not first come first serve, and I'm willing to do multiple versions of the game, so feel free to throw your hat in the soup if that was holding you back before.

VonDoom

Very interested! I have three basic ideas  that I could expand into a full character, but am undecided -- any comments or feedback that might be of help?

Idea #1, Watcher's Legacy

Of course, this wouldn't have happened when things were still the way they used to be -- should be, according to some. This  Slayer Potential slipped through the cracks courtesy of her father, a Watcher, who had a vested interested in having her succeed him. Until she was activated.

This caused much grief with the Council and she is basically a renegade now. On the upside, she was trained to train Slayers, so her ass-kicking ability is on the up-and-up and she is very well-versed in the supernatural. Advanced lessons reserved for senior Watchers like ritual magic are not in her repertoire.  British, sassy and a bit haughty, she's very happy to be an active participant rather than a Watcher.

Idea #2, Noir Nerd turned Slayer PI

She's trying to forget her past - when she was an awkward bookish nerd and, most of all, a mystery novel nerd. Nancy Drew, Veronica Mars, even Murder She Wrote were her entry drug before she started pouring over crime noir and mystery novels whenever she could.

When she was activated, it was like an awakening - she could be like the girls in those novels! No, she would be like those girls. Confidence in spades! Deductive reasoning! Stylish and seductive!

And she managed it, too, thanks to the massive confidence boost of -- well, of having superpowers. Now she's a hard-boiled Slayer, ready to face the monsters that stalk man (with a detective novel fetish that's way, waaaay more obvious than she thinks).

Idea #3, The Pro

People die. So do Watchers. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, as they say.

Her Watcher died in the first week, when she was kidnapped by a bunch of vampires who kept her bound and alive for the high provided by her blood. She freed herself -- eventually. Friends and family killed by her captors, presumed dead, and without any idea how to contact the Council, she had to make it on her own. Not knowing what else to do with herself and her Slayer instincts, she took to bounty hunting and monster slaying, eventually running into a survivor of The Initiative, with whom she teamed up and from whom she received military training. Eventually she turned back up on the Council's radar and -- voila -- she's a proper Slayer again! Except with guns, military jackets and an independent streak.

Well, that's them. They. Something. Any thoughts? (And yes, I was totally browsing the 'pictures I want someone to play' thread for inspirations, I suck at real people faceclaims.)
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
    as old and as true as the sky;
    And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
    but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
    O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 01, 2017, 06:26:38 AM
    Very interested! I have three basic ideas  that I could expand into a full character, but am undecided -- any comments or feedback that might be of help?

Idea #1, Watcher's Legacy

Of course, this wouldn't have happened when things were still the way they used to be -- should be, according to some. This  Slayer Potential slipped through the cracks courtesy of her father, a Watcher, who had a vested interested in having her succeed him. Until she was activated.

This caused much grief with the Council and she is basically a renegade now. On the upside, she was trained to train Slayers, so her ass-kicking ability is on the up-and-up and she is very well-versed in the supernatural. Advanced lessons reserved for senior Watchers like ritual magic are not in her repertoire.  British, sassy and a bit haughty, she's very happy to be an active participant rather than a Watcher.

Idea #2, Noir Nerd turned Slayer PI

She's trying to forget her past - when she was an awkward bookish nerd and, most of all, a mystery novel nerd. Nancy Drew, Veronica Mars, even Murder She Wrote were her entry drug before she started pouring over crime noir and mystery novels whenever she could.

When she was activated, it was like an awakening - she could be like the girls in those novels! No, she would be like those girls. Confidence in spades! Deductive reasoning! Stylish and seductive!

And she managed it, too, thanks to the massive confidence boost of -- well, of having superpowers. Now she's a hard-boiled Slayer, ready to face the monsters that stalk man (with a detective novel fetish that's way, waaaay more obvious than she thinks).

Idea #3, The Pro

People die. So do Watchers. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, as they say.

Her Watcher died in the first week, when she was kidnapped by a bunch of vampires who kept her bound and alive for the high provided by her blood. She freed herself -- eventually. Friends and family killed by her captors, presumed dead, and without any idea how to contact the Council, she had to make it on her own. Not knowing what else to do with herself and her Slayer instincts, she took bounty hunting and monster slaying, eventually running into a survivor of The Initiative, with whom she teamed up and from whom she received military training. Eventually she turned back up on the Council's radar and -- voila -- she's a proper Slayer again! Except with guns, military jackets and an independent streak.

Well, that's them. They. Something. Any thoughts? (And yes, I was totally browsing the 'pictures I want someone to play' thread for inspirations, I suck at real people faceclaims.)

Oh goodness, I honestly sort of love them all. The stylization of the photo in for the noir geek is a little sharp for my taste. But that's not a request to change it, just an observation. If I had to pick one, I would go with the watcher turned slayer. That has a lot of potential. What age ranges were you thinking for these three? They all seem to be about 25-30. Love the interest! glad to have you.

:)

VonDoom

Hey, thanks, that was quick! I kind of agree on #2 and if anyone has a better image that still projects 'private eye nerd', I'll happily consider it!

And yeah, thereabouts for the ages. Noir girl could easily be younger, as could Watcher girl, but I do prefer slightly older characters and the images would be a bit off. The military thing seems less appropriate on a Slayer under twenty, at least, so her I'd definitely keep in the 25-30 range. If everyone else is going much younger, she'd probably be out.

(I was really, really trying to include five by five somewhere, but that didn't work well in descriptive. At least I managed on the up and up, ha!)

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 01, 2017, 06:52:50 AM
    Hey, thanks, that was quick! I kind of agree on #2 and if anyone has a better image that still projects 'private eye nerd', I'll happily consider it!

And yeah, thereabouts for the ages. Noir girl could easily be younger, as could Watcher girl, but I do prefer slightly older characters and the images would be a bit off. The military thing seems less appropriate on a Slayer under twenty, at least, so her I'd definitely keep in the 25-30 range. If everyone else is going much younger, she'd probably be out.

(I was really, really trying to include five by five somewhere, but that didn't work well in descriptive. At least I managed on the up and up, ha!)

the age ranges are fine, and yeah I would recommend either the noir geek or the ex-watcher. They mesh with the game the best. But, I'll only let one in per game I do. If I do two versions of this, you'd be allowed to apply to both, as long as different characters were in each one, and of course, you aren't automatically in both games, or either. Just to cover my ass in case I get 30 applicants. :)

I'll keep an eye out for noir girl pics

Jag

I've been rewatching Buffy and Angel for the past month. Just finished Angel today and I've been craving a game in the Buffyverse. Definitely interested.
    Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Alias

Quote from: Jagerin on February 01, 2017, 02:23:06 PM
    I've been rewatching Buffy and Angel for the past month. Just finished Angel today and I've been craving a game in the Buffyverse. Definitely interested.

welcome to the party. :)

VonDoom

Puppet episode best episode?   ;D

(Actually, by my reckoning it's Hush. Even if Riley is in it.  O:))

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 02, 2017, 10:27:33 AM
    Puppet episode best episode?   ;D

(Actually, by my reckoning it's Hush. Even if Riley is in it.  O:))

Hush is probably the best episode. It's well regarded by non Buffy fans as good TV. My personal favorite episode is prophecy girl. I think that's the finale of season one. "Read me the signs! Tell me my fortune! Giles. I'm 16 years old... I don't wanna die."

Alias

VonDoom

Naw, still here! Had a busy weekend and I have a few current games to catch up with before I can start getting my Watcher-Girl ready, but I'll get there.  :-)

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 07, 2017, 11:25:53 AM
    Naw, still here! Had a busy weekend and I have a few current games to catch up with before I can start getting my Watcher-Girl ready, but I'll get there.  :-)

just checking :)

VonDoom

I should have her ready today or tomorrow.  :-)

Still mystified about what to name her, though...

O&O

Alias

VonDoom

You should put up your own character, too! Might help.  ;)

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 13, 2017, 09:21:02 AM
    You should put up your own character, too! Might help.  ;)

Thats probably a good idea, I'll do that after work today

VonDoom

Aye! And I've decided on a name: Adelaide Bernice Chandler. Called 'nice or Niss, never Bernie or any variant of Adelaide. Or she will be very cross.

;D

O&O

Alias

Hehe. Noted. I wonder which slayer I should use. I have a few ideas.... Leaves them shrouded in mystery until further notice.