Cut off from the world (Survival, Apocalypse, Horror, Freeform, Erotic)

Started by Dashenka, August 06, 2014, 03:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strangefate

I may still make a character for this if I can find some time before the weekend.  Are we restricted to just one?  I'd sort of like to make someone less than nice...but my experience is that can be very restrictive in terms of interacting with others, so I'd kinda like someone more sociable as well.

(A history thread is a thread dedicated to scenes that occur in the past before the game opens, usually used to establish connections between characters.  Never seen them before coming to E but they seem fairly popular in some of the bigger group games here.)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

GnothiSeauton

The reason I thought I might mention it is because of the emphasis on connections to others. Sort of to keep track of flashback posts and help make whatever connections stronger. That being said, the game doesn't need it. Just an addition I thought would help with establishing connections and provide more of a chance to create back story with their characters.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Letrixia

Dashenka

Quote from: Letrixia on August 27, 2014, 03:16:01 PM
So basically they are trapped in the town?

Yes they are trapped.

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 27, 2014, 03:28:39 PM
The reason I thought I might mention it is because of the emphasis on connections to others. Sort of to keep track of flashback posts and help make whatever connections stronger. That being said, the game doesn't need it. Just an addition I thought would help with establishing connections and provide more of a chance to create back story with their characters.

I like the idea but I think I've been hammering a bit too much on the connection. The connection I mean is so that there are no loners in the game that have nobody to interact with. That's not fun for the player who plays it and it's a bit awkward for the others.

You are obviously free to describe your relationships to others or your history in your posts. By all means do.

Quote from: Strangefate on August 27, 2014, 03:20:06 PM
I may still make a character for this if I can find some time before the weekend.  Are we restricted to just one?  I'd sort of like to make someone less than nice...but my experience is that can be very restrictive in terms of interacting with others, so I'd kinda like someone more sociable as well. Also I'd like to keep the story lines a bit together. One, two, maybe three story lines at the same time. With total strangers or people who are not connected, that's difficult.

You are free to join after the weekend as well. Ideally I start it in the weekend but that doesn't mean everybody has to have their sheets in by then. You are free to play out more than one but it might so happen that both characters are in the same scene.

Still considering if I should play a character or not :D
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Loves

I might change the age of Doctor Nicky. She is currently 31 but I'm considering moving it to 28/29 is that okay?

And I'm fine with it starting the morning of the dome coming down.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Rel Mayer

Name: Rebecca "Reby" Sato
Nationality: Japanese Roots -American born
Job: Temporary Manager at Starlight Lodge Hotel
Address: W 6th Street
Connected to: OPEN for PM discussion
About:
Reby has been described as an unique personality. She's usually extremely cheery and fun to be around, sort of the life of the party. Although, there are times when she can appear to be a little ditzy and forget about common things. There is almost always a smile on her face and she's willing to go out of her way to help anyone. One of her problems is that she absolutely lives for gossip, so usually she will be hanging around anyone that will dish out some information and one of her co-workers or friends. She's a great listener and also a great talker. She's also very extroverted, so the more people she's around the more energy she gets. Reby has never had the opportunity to be responsible and she actually would be still living with her parents, but they moved away from Glenwood Springs and she's been secretly living in one of the hotel rooms that she works at. Being that her hair is constantly full of other people's secrets, she's really good at hiding the fact from her boss that she's actually staying in one of the cheaper rooms in the small hotel for the past few months.

She never went to college, but has a high school degree. One of her flaws is that she's not very bright when it comes to intellectual facts, even if she does have a bit of common sense. She's not the type of person you want on a quiz show team, but she is the person you want around if people ever need help persuading or cheering someone up. Because of her qualities of always being pleasant, she can be a hoot to be around, plus always super respectful of people and their boundaries. She has earned herself a temporary position of managing the Starlight Lodge. It's probably the most responsibility that anyone has ever given her, and she's only been managing the hotel for a couple days now. The owner mentioned that they were going to be gone on a tropical vacation for a couple weeks, so Reby has been enjoying her new sense of power and responsibility.

Can die:Yes

Prince Truhan

Name: Tim Phelps

Nationality: American

Job: Smuggler

Address:105 4th street

Connected to: Open, Been arrested several times by Lt. Hendrickson

About: Tim has been on shady side of the law since he was born, his father taught him at an early age that they lived in a small town that needed their services to survive, after all the prices that they had for stuff were cheaper than retail. He believed this tale and continued providing the town with stuff he just happened to find, even if said stuff had "fallen" out of "abandoned" trucks.

When he had the option to expand his reach he took it, and now his distribution reaches places far away from the little town, however he still believes his own story of being helpful, even if he has been leaned hard on townsfolk to take his products more than once.

He has been arrested several times although so far he has always been able to get out.

Can die: Yes

auroraChloe

Quote from: Strangefate on August 27, 2014, 03:20:06 PM
I may still make a character for this if I can find some time before the weekend.  Are we restricted to just one?  I'd sort of like to make someone less than nice...but my experience is that can be very restrictive in terms of interacting with others, so I'd kinda like someone more sociable as well.

(A history thread is a thread dedicated to scenes that occur in the past before the game opens, usually used to establish connections between characters.  Never seen them before coming to E but they seem fairly popular in some of the bigger group games here.)

SF, have you got something in mind for your bad guy already? 
i've a mind to do a long term hotel guest who has a past that's trying to catch up to her. 

a/a 8/21/17

Letrixia

Name: Kitty Hamilton
Nationality:  On her fathers side she's a fifth generation American of Scottish descent ,her mother was born in London England
Adress: 415 Echo St
Job: Student
Connected to:
Father Zac Hamilton 47 Self Employed Investment Consultant
Mother Katie Hamilton 44 ex fashion model now works with her husband
Sister Sara Hamilton 22 Works in Denver in the Marketing office of the Denver Broncos. In High School she was Prom Queen and head cheerleader.
Brother Simon Hamilton 18 High school student with Kitty

About: She is a calm woman with a big future, she is bright and calm however she is not very strong causing bullies to often target her. She hates being alone at school because she fears what the bullies could do to her. She often relies on her older brother to defend her but she knows very well that he is going to graduate soon. One day however she decided to just dress how she wanted and the next day came with her punkish style which impressed a lot of people especially her older brother. She began defending herself and even getting trouble by fighting with the bullies and hiding knives and stuff on her purse.
Can Die: Ye

auroraChloe

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 26, 2014, 12:08:34 AM
Nah, if you have a good idea for one, please take it! I can always be a housemaid or something.

oops!  i totally missed this.  oh well.  i think i got a handle on a character. 

is anyone playing a mechanic that would repair vehicles?

Quote from: Dashenka on August 27, 2014, 03:40:23 PM

Still considering if I should play a character or not :D

yes! 

a/a 8/21/17

Prince Truhan

Quote from: auroraChloe on August 27, 2014, 10:11:29 PM
oops!  i totally missed this.  oh well.  i think i got a handle on a character. 

is anyone playing a mechanic that would repair vehicles?

I'm almost positive there has been no mention of a mechanic until now, and I'm positive my character could use a friendly one

auroraChloe

Name: goes by Ahna Peters.  (Actually Tatianna Lyeta Petrovich)
Nationality:  Russian-American
Job: un-employed; a long time guest at a hotel
Address:  currently the Starlight Lodge Hotel, room # ? 
Connected to:  Rebecca "Reby" Sato (Hotel)
                        Alex Sadovsky (tenuous via Nicky Yurlov)

(non-resident) - 
ex-boyfriend -Nicky Yurlov
Sister - Valentina ‘Tina’ Petrovich (age 17)
Father - Yegor Petrovich (runs a small neighborhood grocery / cigar shop in Brooklyn NYC)
Mother - Lyeta Petrovich (deceased)

About:
Brown/blond hair, blue eyes, 5’7”, a smoker. 

Ahna arrived in town in a red Ford Mustang that had seen better days about 3 weeks before the dome came down.  Broken down and in need of a long week’s sleep, she found herself at the Starlight Lodge. 

Initially reclusive to the extreme, she’s begun to get out, buying new clothes, a laptop, lunch out at a diner, treating herself to an ice cream.  Always pays in cash. 

*not public knowledge*          A 2nd generation Russian-American, she can have a slight accent when emotional or exhausted.  Her mother was killed in a robbery five years previous. Her father runs a small neighborhood grocery that spares a corner for a large cigar case.  Her sister is 17, much more cerebral and on a track toward college.  Ahna wants to leave the old neighborhood behind and tries to seem more worldly than she is, even after a failed foray into modeling (she was too short and unwilling to screw photographers.)  After an aborted college education and a rousing tour of the NYC club scene she landed in the company of Nicky Yurlov, a Russian... businessman.   ::)   

Can die:  yes, I suppose so.

i'm working on fleshing out the connections.  so this will be updated at some point. 

a/a 8/21/17

Strangefate

Name: Daniel Hines
Nationality: American
Job: Writer/Editor
Address:  1445 Willow Brook Lane
Connected to:
Melissa Hines, wife; deceased
Adriana Hines, child; deceased
[pending; OPEN, please PM]
About:  Daniel Hines is a published novelist and former contributor to the Atlantic, Harper's, and similar periodicals, making him something of a hometown hero who'd made it big.  His career however has dried up since the death of his wife Melissa and their two year old child in a tragic automobile accident two years ago.  He currently lives alone, and does some editing work to help pay the bills while living off his savings.  He is also a volunteer First Responder. 
Can die: Sure

Name: Alex Sadovsky
Nationality: Russian
Job: Personal Assistant
Address:  Non-resident
Connected to:
Nicky Yurlov, employer (non-resident)
Ahna Peters/Tatiana Petrovich, business related
About:  Alex is a resident of New York City where he is employed as the personal assistant of Nicky Yurlov, owner of a number of successful nightclubs in the New York/New Jersey area, as well as miscellaneous other interests.  He arrives in Glenwood Springs just as the Dome goes down, on business. 
Can die: Sure
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Dashenka

Rel Mayer, lovely character.

Truhan, good, we needed more men.

Letrixa, I like her. Are her parents and brother in the dome with her?

aurora, nice character but it's spelled Tatyana in Russian ;D

Strangefate, I like both characters.

eiselmann

Letrixa, I like her. Are her parents and brother in the dome with her

Kitty's brother is my character Simon...their elder sibling is in Denver (due back for a week stay in a few days time to ensure the house isn't destroyed) and their parents are in England on holiday for two weeks
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Dashenka

Loves

Just to let you know, I edited Nicky's sheet with more info on her address which I missed, and a basic description of her connections.  I am leaving her as 31 years old
ON HIATUS AGAIN

auroraChloe

Quote from: Dashenka on August 28, 2014, 03:02:20 AM

aurora, nice character but it's spelled Tatyana in Russian ;D

:P   i looked it up even! 

i do hope you're doing a character, too, Dashenka. 

a/a 8/21/17

Dashenka

Characters so far:

Males:

TheHangedMan is playing 28 year old bush man Edgar Lamont.
As a hermit type of guy, most of the people in town will have seen or heard about him.

KingSerperior is playing 24 year old police officer Johnny Andrews.
The newest of the small police force. Most of the town will know him or have heard about him. Colleague of Claire Hendrickson

eiselmann is playing 18 year old high school student Simon Hamilton.
Brother of Kitty Hamilton.

MagicalPen is playing 26 year old farmer and mechanic Andrew Miller.
Oldest of the Miller family.

Prince Truhan is playing 34 year old smuggler Tim Phelps.
Claire Hendrickson arrested him a few times. Should have been reported in a local newspaper. World famous in Glenwood Springs.

StrangeFate is playing 34 year old writer/editor Daniel Hines.
Famous writer in Glenwood Springs. Most people know him, especially after the tragic accident that claimed his wife and child.

StrangeFate is playing 36 year old personal assistent Alex Sadovsky.
Passing through. Connected to Ahna Peters.

Female:

Loves is playing 31 year old Doctor Nicolette Danielle Austin.
She's the doctor in Glenwood Springs. Everybody who's visited the clinic should have at least seen her once, although still relatively new in town.

Apple of Eris is playing 19 year old student Allison Miller.
Youngest of the Miller family. Picked the worst time to go home for a family visit.

Nymphadora is playing 24 year old farmer Jessica Miller.
Middle one of the Miller family.

GnothiSeauton is playing 29 year old police officer Claire Hendrickson.
Became the head sheriff of Glenwood Springs when the dome came down, locking the head sheriff visiting a convention out. Well known by most people in town since she has been an all time resident of the town.

Rel Mayer is playing 25 year old hotel manager Rebecca Sato.
Hotel Manager.

Letrixia is playing 16 year old student Kitty Hamilton.
Sister of Simon Hamilton.

auroraChloe is playing 27 year old unemployed Ahna Peters.
Hotel resident.

Dashenka is playing 20 year old baker/highschool drop out Sarah Fairman.
Nude pics spread on highschool and facebook. Has blue hair.

Dashenka

I have taken a few liberties in the above mentioned list when it comes to connections. Some are a bit far fetched but I think we got enough to have one or two big groups. If you don't agree with something I've put down, please let me know alright?

Also we got 7 males and 7 female characters. Did you do that on purpose? :P

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Prince Truhan

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

King Serperior

Everything looks great!  I think all we're missing is the local bum/drunk/conspiracy theorist   ::)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: King Serperior on August 28, 2014, 12:37:57 PM
Everything looks great!  I think all we're missing is the local bum/drunk/conspiracy theorist   ::)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!