News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Daily Avatar chaning?

Started by Inkidu, May 18, 2013, 11:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

So, I'm seeing a lot of people who are either changing their avatars daily or seem to have some kind of schedule. Is this just a new fashion or is there some kind of special thingamagummy people are doing nowadays?

Curious Inkidu is curious. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

It's all an individual thing.  Some people keep the same avatar for months or years, some change it like they change their socks.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

I'll change mine for a holiday or when I find one that excites my imagination.  I'll sometimes go back to a previous one for a comfort feel. 

Moraline

I change mine all the time but always keep it as the same model. So the fashions, hair, and looks change but it's always the same.

Formless

I guess some people like to give a refreshing look each time.

I don't think I'll easily change my Avatar even when I want to because I am too damn picky.

Quote from: Moraline on May 18, 2013, 11:38:51 AM
I change mine all the time but always keep it as the same model. So the fashions, hair, and looks change but it's always the same.

Everyday I check to see the new avatar you put up. ::)

Oniya

I think if I were to drastically change my avatar, there would be a mass protest in my PM box.   ::)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Ah, darlin'.  We'd hardly know ye if ye changed yer face. ;D

Shjade

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on May 18, 2013, 01:44:04 PM
Ah, darlin'.  We'd hardly know ye if ye changed yer face. ;D

Tsk tsk, always judging Oni based on appearances. Shameful.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

bubby

I change because there are simply too many gorgeous Lady Death images not to share. Plus there are enough different types that fit mood and holiday as well.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Shjade on May 18, 2013, 02:23:54 PM
Tsk tsk, always judging Oni based on appearances. Shameful.
*grins*  Someone has to.  Everyone else goes for the brains.

Bloodied Porcelain

I change mine whenever the mood strikes. Sometimes I keep one for a month, sometimes only a few days. I have entirely too many to stick to just one, though. >.>
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Formless

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 18, 2013, 08:23:20 PM
I change mine whenever the mood strikes. Sometimes I keep one for a month, sometimes only a few days. I have entirely too many to stick to just one, though. >.>

I have to say that green eyed masked avatar was too beautiful ... ::)

Oreo

I change mine when my mood or muse needs a boost.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ruby July

I change mine fairly often, but keep it within the same theme, trying to include either the cowboy hat or boots regardless of the image.

Nico

I change mine whenever I feel like it. I have no schedule or anything.

Inkidu

Well, it just seemed more prevalent than when I was last here, so I was just interested to see what was going on.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

MagicalPen

I'd forgotten there were avatars ^-^ I have mine turned off (aka not displayed) unless I click on some ones name.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Miss Lilly

The first avi I had when I joined I kept for about eight months, I think. That's the longest I've ever had one avi.  I change mine now for holidays, or when the mood strikes.  But I do stick to my theme.
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Aislinn

I don' t change mine that often.....

<.<
>.>

Okay...ehm...I lied. I have a problem. A serious avatar problem...

~flips through the yellow pages to see if there is a support group~

"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Caeli

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 21, 2013, 07:00:35 AM
I'd forgotten there were avatars ^-^ I have mine turned off (aka not displayed) unless I click on some ones name.

This is me, too. Is why I never notice when other members' avatars change now, unless someone mentions it specifically in a thread.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Formless on May 19, 2013, 06:50:29 AM
I have to say that green eyed masked avatar was too beautiful ... ::)

I have lots of green eyed masked avatars, there will be more pretties in the future :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

diamonedsky

The first couple months after I joined, I changed my avatars on a weekly basis, and based it on whatever mood I was feeling at the time.

I stopped changing them so often because I felt that, not only was that difficult for me, but maybe for others too. To me, avatars are simply a way to locate and identify certain members more easily. Because of that.. I try not to change mine too often, because if I was looking for me, I'd have to keep track of my many different avatar changes.

So now, I just change them whenever I get tired of looking at 'em. :P
O/O   ☆   A/A   ☆   Avatars
Van Halen - Tattoo

Formless

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 21, 2013, 12:35:39 PM
I have lots of green eyed masked avatars, there will be more pretties in the future :D

Well your choice is always perfect. It just happened that that specific avatar had me staring more than once. ;)