Recruiting- The Park (Horror, sandbox, open to every one)

Started by WindVoyager, September 22, 2016, 02:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

The Park

We need to talk. Are you even aware of what is happening here? D you understand why you are here in this park? From the look on your face that reeks of confusion I can deduce the answer is a resounding no. Well allow me to refresh your memory. Your own transgression lead you to this point. Your own actions, your own selfishness, and now you cower away from what you built for yourself.
You make me sick

You just sit there don't you? Playing the innocent victim. But I know the truth. You are the cause of your loved ones death. You are the reason why this is happening. A victim of your own self.

And now its time you face what you have done.

Its time..........

Summery

Small sandbox horror game set in an abandoned amusement park that has attracted the darker powers of Silent Hill. It set in modern times. The Park is surprisingly large but your characters doesn't have to explore the entire park, it just has a lot of options available. All characters enter the park the same way, through the fog surrounded parking lot and up the rusted covered escalator. Your charter can attempt t leave the park but will find themselves wondering around aimlessly in a thick fog only to eventuality end up right back into the park.

All the characters who are drawn into the park have done something horrible and believe they are the victim or the walked too far down the road of revenge. Any number of things could have caused someone to be trapped in this twisted world. 

Quick History

The parks original name was Family Fun Park. It was built back int he early 80's and had generic flat rides and roller coasters. It switched owners some place in the early 90's when attendance began to fall due to the park being unable to compete with other parks with better attractions. It was renamed Adventure Wonderland and owned by Jeremiah Winters. 

Winters was a penny pincher and liked to cut corners but at the same time he was a shrew business man. He rented out parts of the park to smaller ride companies instead of buying rides and spending millions. The park grew in size and attendance. But so did the problems since its owner refused to spend money on keeping rides and attractions well maintained.

Children vanished never to be seen again, rides broke down and many injuries and more then a few deaths occurred. The park was closed for the season of 95' and never reopened.

Its been sitting abandoned ever since, still taking lives.  Suicides in the filthy still water of the Lazy River and Swan Ride. Falls from the roller coaster, a fire started by arson in the Kiddie Zone that destroyed the Kiddie Fun House, Wild West Train and Space Mountain leaving behidn twisted metal wreckage and charred foundations. The fire claimed the lives of five teen, one of which who likely started it in the Kiddie Fun House but the fire spread so quickly they couldn't get out in time.

Rumor has it that something evil has taken over the park but thats just a rumor isn't it?
---------------------------------------

Rules

-Respect a players Off\Ons
-Characters have to be twenty or older. This is for the comfort level of all involved
-There is no posting order
-Use the tagging system and use headers
-This game is open to every one
-If you choose to leave the group, please inform the GM and anybody you are RPing with so we're not left hanging
- IC Posts should have substance, no one-liners.
-Communication is key,talk to your fellow players
-This game will contain non-con and extreme elements.
-Please try not to keep anybody waiting on a post longer than one week. Real life happens but inform any one you are RPing with that you will be longer
-While not a rule, interaction is not only a good thing, its encouraged. Don't exclude characters because you don't know anything about them or don't want your character to screw them. Go TALK and interact with other characters, it helps build the story

Sex

Yes it will happen. But I don't want this game to center around smut and don't let smut be the only thing your character does.

Characters

Monster characters This will be allowed and encouraged. The monsters of the park are either former works who died there, become horribly twisted or the monster is a manifestation of fears and hatreds. 

There will be a limited number of monster slots available at any given time.  All monster characters will require GM approval. No vampires and the like. I am looking for monsters that would be at home in a  Silent Hill type setting or ones that came from a child's fairy tale since the park used to have staff walk around in costumes depicting characters from fairy tales but the monsters need to be very twisted.

An example instead o the Big Bad Wolf from the Three Little Pigs, why not the pigs themselves? Pigs are traditionally  a symbol of gluttony and sloth.

For the other characters, they need to be human and come from all walks of life. All genders and races welcome.

You can have up to three characters

Player Name:

Character Name:

Sexual Orientation:

Bio / History:

Link to you On\Offs:

BlueEyedBard

Hmnm color me interested...

Will each of the rides have a set danger to it with the promise of some kind of hope? Like a ferris wheel that is rusted and most of the cars are practically hanging off but there appears to be something useful at the very top? Things that make people have to work together in order to survive?
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

tobisquestion

I'm very intrigued too.  Consider my interest registered for now.
Character images inspiration: Female - Male

Roen

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

WindVoyager

QuoteHmnm color me interested...

Will each of the rides have a set danger to it with the promise of some kind of hope? Like a ferris wheel that is rusted and most of the cars are practically hanging off but there appears to be something useful at the very top? Things that make people have to work together in order to survive?

There won't be any game breaking items or anything like that. Characters may find things that hint at things other characters have done that they don't want others to know about or it maybe something that directs them to another area of the park or hints at its past. Weapons will be pretty limited to what the characters carried in with them and to makeshift ones

Working together will increase their odds of surviving

Lady Ren

I've been looking to join a group game rp for some time, and after long search, I've read yours and have found the setup rather appealing. Let me clarify, I'm actually drawn in by the tone that makes me curious of how such a story turns out and was hoping to participate. Now to my shame, I not be familiar with Silent Hill, but I can imagine something quite bizarre.

Also, you say you will allow us to play up to three characters, which leaves me the impression we could either play lost souls who were unfortunate to wander the park grounds, or participate as the park's nightmarish inhabitants. So to that end, is the aim a story of survival or one of tragedy? Maybe a mix of both depending on the participating players?
It's not always about a right answer, its about asking the right question.

Now Here's a Story

WindVoyager

You can always watch play through of the Silent Hill series on youtube, its a very dark, complex atmospheric game. The monsters in it are of your own making, physical representations of fears and hates.

You can can have characters who are lost in the park or play monsters or a combination of both. Its a combination of survival and tragedy since the characters can be killed. They have to make the choices that will either send them further down that dark path or send up the lighter path to redemption that will allow them to escape the park

tobisquestion

I've never played the games either, but I've seen the movie!  I think it's enough to understand the 'mood' of the story we're aiming to create.

Just thought I'd make some noise so y'all know I'm still interested.  :-]
Character images inspiration: Female - Male