Not Another Hogwarts Recruitment Thread (Seeking Students and Professors!)

Started by Flower, April 21, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Quote from: Ceralilly on April 22, 2015, 06:27:03 PM
I tend to go pansexual with most of my characters myself...closer to home. lol

I've considered making asexual, aromantic characters, but avoided it for the same reason...closer to home. >.< I feel weird playing characters too close to myself.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Crash

I think most go with what is comfortable.  I like a writing challenger but even I have a comfort zone I don't go out of.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Flower

Mini Request

After some contemplation with my Emjaysss, we decided maybe it would be best if people just announce their face claim here in the interest thread to avoid two people potentially picking the same face.

It doesn't have to be the fancy code in the face claims. Just a statement like...

Hey! I'm using Brad Pitt. He's mineeee.

^That will do until your character concept is approved (which is when the face claim will be transformed into the fancy code).

Sorry for the inconvenience. <3 Just trying to spare people from picking the same face.

Juggtacular

Juggtacular

My character was coming along nicely...now I don't know what year to put him in. Lol.

Ceralilly

I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Blythe

Tentatively thinking of making a face claim on Steve Milatos~

*likes his looks but not those tattoos, though*

Blythe

Ah, spoke too soon! Found the one that I adore--Francois Echalier, please! Nixing the Milatos claim. (Sorry for the double post!)

Caela

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 22, 2015, 06:58:04 PM
My character was coming along nicely...now I don't know what year to put him in. Lol.

There are certainly plenty of options! You could go trolling through the already made sheets, see if the muse is drawn to any particular types of characters as possible friends for the one you're making and go by what years they are.

Jag

Quote from: Blythe on April 22, 2015, 07:49:49 PM
Ah, spoke too soon! Found the one that I adore--Francois Echalier, please! Nixing the Milatos claim. (Sorry for the double post!)

Oh my oh my.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Blythe

Quote from: Jagerin on April 22, 2015, 07:58:22 PM
Oh my oh my.

Francois Echalier sets my liegey heart aflutter; I had a photoshopped image of him as an avatar of mine at one point. He's a really great looking model. ^^

Also, I sent in what is hopefully a finished character sheer! *dances around nervously!*

Ceralilly

Quote from: Blythe on April 22, 2015, 08:00:03 PM
Francois Echalier sets my liegey heart aflutter; I had a photoshopped image of him as an avatar of mine at one point. He's a really great looking model. ^^

Also, I sent in what is hopefully a finished character sheer! *dances around nervously!*

*Swoons* He is an absolute delight!
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Ceralilly

Quote from: Crash on April 22, 2015, 07:29:21 PM
she is a cutie.
Quote from: Emjay on April 22, 2015, 07:20:04 PM
-le gasp- I love Amber Heard! xD

I am totally in love with her...or one other, but I haven't decided between a brunette and a blond LMAO!!! My other choice is Nina Dobrev. :-)
Hehehehe! Now a major question:

Because she would be a transfer student, would she need to maintain the discipline of her parton school, or would she be able to conform?

Meaning Will all of my models have to adhere to the short hair of Durm house, or would she be able to change and evolve with time?

Quote from: Jagerin on April 22, 2015, 06:28:20 PM
I've considered making asexual, aromantic characters, but avoided it for the same reason...closer to home. >.< I feel weird playing characters too close to myself.

For some reason, I make characters that are very different than myself, and I REALLY try to define their sexuality...AT FIRST...lol

Then I am like....well they're awesome...why would I not want to write with them...maybe my character likes their character...ok she can like girls too....I mean....they're people...and I like...wait...no...my character...we...

...Well shite.

SO eventually....MOST of them are just in love with humans. LOL

Emjay

Quote from: Ceralilly on April 22, 2015, 08:19:07 PM
Meaning Will all of my models have to adhere to the short hair of Durm house, or would she be able to change and evolve with time?

Only cadets have the mandatory short hair so if she's in Squad 3, 2, or 1 then she can have whatever haircut she likes.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Amelita

Nina Dobrev is taken, Ceralilly. Just to let you know in case I understood you correctly that you're debating between Amber Heard and her :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Ceralilly

Quote from: Amelita on April 22, 2015, 08:45:08 PM
Nina Dobrev is taken, Ceralilly. Just to let you know in case I understood you correctly that you're debating between Amber Heard and her :)

I JUST saw this LOL So Amber it is! LOL

Quote from: Emjay on April 22, 2015, 08:38:24 PM
Only cadets have the mandatory short hair so if she's in Squad 3, 2, or 1 then she can have whatever haircut she likes.

Okie Dokie! TY!!!

JusticaPax

I think I'm interested in playing a Slytherin? I don't have any ideas for face claims yet. I'm thinking he's a quieter chap, first year, maybe muggleborn passing off as a Pureblood? Would that be acceptable?

My (JusticaPax's) A/A thread[/b]

"The sedge is wither'd from the lake,/and no birds sing."

"Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest; I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, I will die, and there I will be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me."

Emjay

Quote from: JusticaPax on April 22, 2015, 10:26:48 PM
I think I'm interested in playing a Slytherin? I don't have any ideas for face claims yet. I'm thinking he's a quieter chap, first year, maybe muggleborn passing off as a Pureblood? Would that be acceptable?

I think you can definitely make a Slytherin 1st year but as for him pretending to be a pureblood that is not possible. All pureblood families are interlinked and would know that he wasn't a part of their ranks.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

JusticaPax

The reason I asked, was regarding the surname Thompson is a common one in muggle society, and it's listed as being part of the Daly pureblood relations. 

"Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest; I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, I will die, and there I will be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me."

Emjay

Sorry but while I understand the motivation behind the concept it won't be possible. You can still make a 1st year Slytherin if you like and they can be pureblood if you would like to attach them to the Daly tree.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

JusticaPax