Battle of the Bands (Pathfinder)

Started by Foxfyr, June 04, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxfyr

Basic storyline:  With much of the continent unified under a single banner and a majority of the infighting and conflict taking place politically within government structures, society has become rather lame.  There is a definite abundance of boredom with little in the way of adventuring to be done, especially compared to the excess population that results from a time of peace.  Though, where people are plentiful and entertainment is not, there is a niche for performers to distract them from the monotony of everyday life.  And where there is a need, there is an opportunity for profit.  The local government, in an attempt to make all these different adventuring parties do something useful for a change, is sponsoring a music competition.  Your group has the potential to hit it big; the main things holding you back are the lack of following, lack of means to travel, and lack of proper management.

Fortunately the latter seems to be in the process of resolving itself when you find yourself at the local tavern, confronted by an unusual looking neko offering to manage your group and put you on the map for a surprisingly low cut of the profits.  He even goes so far as to tell you that a nearby town happens to have a competition in two days, the winner of which gets a very special carriage that would allow you to quickly and easily travel across the nation to other gigs in the utmost of comfort and style.

Disclaimer:  This is a slight modification of a campaign Sethala NicciKotor's ran a while back.  I just liked the idea and wanted to revive it.

This is going to be a lighthearted pathfinder campaign with plenty of room for naughty interactions and other such hijinks.  I will try to get an even mix of story and system, but for the sake of easy progression I won't be venturing too deep into the worldspace itself.  For the most part, your group will likely be traveling from village to village to make a name for itself, hopefully making it big enough to book city venues while managing to avoid hordes of groupies, rival bands' attempts of sabotage, and perhaps the occasional group of bandits eager to steal your hard-earned riches.

4 Players (I will pick from applicants after a few days rather than going first come-first served)
Pathfinder (anything in the SRD, but 3rd party stuff, psionics, or firearms needs my approval)
Starting Level: 5
Hit Points: Max first die, roll for the following 4 levels  (reroll 1s and 2s)
Starting Wealth: 10,500gp
4d6 Standard (reroll 1s)
2 Traits from different categories
Instruments are free and masterwork quality; if you want your weapon or some other item to be magically enchanted to function as your weapon, that is also free and does not increase the enchantment level.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Instrument:[/b] (Preferred, secondary preferred, tertiary preferred.  Can have ‘any’ if no preference.)
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Sexual Preferences:[/b]
[b]Band Name Idea(s):[/b] (If any)

NicciKotor

This was my idea, dammit! How dare you use it without my express permission and lots of spanking! This is a outrage I say! *Flips table and jumps out of the nearest window.*

I will have a succubus bard ready to go in the morning. I found the perfect savage species conversion for it a while ago. Three levels is enough to get the wings, which will be needed to fly about during concerts while singing my sexy ass off.

Also making her CG so annoying goody goodies do not ride her ass. Confuse the shit out of them by being a succubus that can cast cure light wounds.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Marie Reynolds

This sounds like fun.I will take a look at what I want to play.

NicciKotor

Astarotte - Level 3 Succubus/ Level 2 Bard

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13530

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Marie Reynolds

by standard you mean 4d6 drop the lost right?

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, sounds interesting and fun :). Considering Nicci took lead singer role, so I could roll half-orc drummer (likely savage bard or barbarian).

Foxfyr

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 04, 2014, 12:52:34 PM
by standard you mean 4d6 drop the lost right?

That is right, drop the lowest and reroll any 1s

Zaer Darkwail

I do not know how to make 're-roll ones' in E's diceroller so used invisible castle.

STR 16, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 15, WIS 12, CHA 17

who149

Alright. I'll be making a character for this!
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Marie Reynolds

[ 5 +6 +2 +4 ] = 17
[ 6 +3 +2 +5 ] = 16 | reroll: 1
[ 2 +2 +3 +3 ] = 10 | reroll: 1
[ 6 +6 +4 +4 ] = 20
[ 2 +5 +5 +6 ] = 18 | reroll: 1
Okay i had to use rolz.org and this is my rolls before i drop the lowest.

Here are my stats post droping the lowest.
15: 5,6,4
14: 6,3,5
8:2,3,3
14:6,3,5
16:6,6,4
16:5,5,6

Foxfyr

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 04, 2014, 04:06:31 PM
[ 5 +6 +2 +4 ] = 17
[ 2 +2 +3 +3 ] = 10 | reroll: 1
[ 6 +6 +4 +4 ] = 20
[ 2 +5 +5 +6 ] = 18 | reroll: 1
Okay i had to use rolz.org and this is my rolls before i drop the lowest.

Here are my stats post droping the lowest.
15: 5,6,4
14: 6,3,5
8:2,3,3
14:6,3,5
16:6,6,4
16:5,5,6

Oh, I forgot to mention that you get to roll 7 stats and drop the lowest of those as well.  Hopefully that will get rid of that nasty 8 for you.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Loki Aesir on June 04, 2014, 04:37:24 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that you get to roll 7 stats and drop the lowest of those as well.  Hopefully that will get rid of that nasty 8 for you.

Ah, well I am happy with my stat line :).

Marie Reynolds

[ 5 +2 +5 +4 ] = 16 | reroll: 1

14:5,5,4

there is that last roll

Marie Reynolds

So I will be bringing a Half-orc Skulking Slayer Archetype rogue that would be the bands drummer.

NicciKotor

I rolled my 7th 4d6 and got 17. Whee.

who149

Lets start with my rolls!

10 (Re-rolling the 1 and 1) 12
11 (Re-rolling the 1) 14
13 (Re-Rolling the 1) 13
11 (re-rolling the 1) 14

...Holy crap. That is quiet possibly the best array of stats I have ever gotten...

Edited to rerolling the 1's

Ons and offs!

Phaia

we would have to choose what perform is used on? like perfom[ sing]. perform [sting] and open perfrom really does not fit since one of the bards abilities is versitle performance ...if one can use perfom for any thing that becomes very powerful!
I also wont be to concerned with a 20 cha since i see a 26 for nikki  :o

Phaia

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 04, 2014, 09:26:02 PM
So I will be bringing a Half-orc Skulking Slayer Archetype rogue that would be the bands drummer.

Hey, that's my half-orc's job :P. Want wrestle over the position with savage skald? Or will my char be assisting singer (main male vocalist) and play saxophone?

Foxfyr

Oh, I realized I also forgot to mention that you can have arcane instruments, which is just a flashy, fantasy version of electric instruments.  So instead of electric guitar and electric bass, you'd have arcane guitar and arcane bass that would sound the same respectively.  Same with keyboards and the like, so you can play modern music instead of sticking with more classical instruments.

Foxfyr

Quote from: Phaia on June 05, 2014, 12:53:03 AM
we would have to choose what perform is used on? like perfom[ sing]. perform [sting] and open perfrom really does not fit since one of the bards abilities is versitle performance ...if one can use perfom for any thing that becomes very powerful!

Phaia

You can leave perform open for now until we finish figuring out which instrument everybody wants to play.  Once everybody finds their role in the band, we can then update the perform skill accordingly.  If nothing else, I'll probably make it somewhat generalized to perform (strings), perform (percussion), and perform (vocals) to give the players a little more versatility in their skill without making it universal.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, that case my savage skald will be using arcane (electric) guitar :D

Ghostwheel

Hrmmm... this looks interesting...

Any idea by when you'd like charsheets in?

Anon315

Similar to Zaer, I used Invisible Castle. It's so much easier to do: 7 rolls, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)

I wound up with: 15, 14, 14, 14, 12, and 10, for an above average but not exceptional person. Who I want to be is the keyboard player. Why? Because every band needs a keyboard player. And it seemed like a role no one else wanted. I'll figure out exactly what to make later.

Marie Reynolds

What magical powers do you guys have over invisible castle it would not even function for me?

Zaer Darkwail

Are you able enter Invisible Castle? In there click roll stats and then roll and assign stats option.

If going for 7 rolls you need click roll dice option. But to get correct code for 4d6 (drop lowest) you need copypaste it from roll stats part.

Anon315

Or you can copy paste what I typed (the 4d6 thing) and say "7 times."

Foxfyr

Quote from: Anon315 on June 05, 2014, 06:32:10 PM
Similar to Zaer, I used Invisible Castle. It's so much easier to do: 7 rolls, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)

I wound up with: 15, 14, 14, 14, 12, and 10, for an above average but not exceptional person. Who I want to be is the keyboard player. Why? Because every band needs a keyboard player. And it seemed like a role no one else wanted. I'll figure out exactly what to make later.

Those stats are a little low, so I'll give you the option of turning that 10 to a 17 or you can roll another stat line.

who149

I just read the "Reroll 1's" thing. And updated my rolls.

Ons and offs!

Foxfyr

Quote from: Ghostwheel on June 05, 2014, 06:16:48 PM
Hrmmm... this looks interesting...

Any idea by when you'd like charsheets in?

Sometime this weekend, not sure if it'll be Saturday night or Sunday evening though.

While on the topic of character sheets, would you all mind filling out the character profile I have coded on the first post so it is easier for me to see who is wanting to play what?

who149

Name: Maelneth
Sex: Female
Race: Drow
Class: Cleric 5
Instrument: Bass Player, Vocals, Guitar
Personality: A very sexual active women who seeks to spread the beliefs and teachings of Arshea. She has a hard time understanding Modesty, and acts a lot like a foreigner who needs things explained. Also very curious.

Sexual Preferences: Bi-sexual.
Band Name Idea(s): Heavenly Hedonist

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13541

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ons and offs!

who149

Can I ask a very silly question. Do we have to be bards? If we just have a perform skill would that be enough?

Ons and offs!

Foxfyr

No, you don't have to be bards or even have to pick a class with a perform class skill.  The good thing about pathfinder is that you can put ranks in any skill up to your HD, it's just that class skills won't get the +3 to them, which while handy, doesn't make it impossible to get good rolls; especially since you all will be rolling as a collective.  Plus, you can pick out two traits and I think there are a few in there that allow you to have perform as a class skill.   :-)

To save you the trouble of searching for it if you want it:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/savant (+2 for single performance category; becomes class skill.)
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/talented (+1 for all music, acting, or storytelling performances; becomes class skill.)

NicciKotor

Getting at least two bard levels is a good idea because of well versed. +4 save against other bards is OP in this game.

Anon315

Quote from: Loki Aesir on June 05, 2014, 09:38:00 PM
Those stats are a little low, so I'll give you the option of turning that 10 to a 17 or you can roll another stat line.

Rolled another stat line. 16, 16, 16, 14, 13, 12. I will keep and be exceedingly happy with these rolls.

Name: Alexander Verfauw
Sex: Male
Race: Tiefling
Class:  Magus (Kensai)
Instrument: He prefers the keyboards, but could play the guitar, bass, or even some variety of horn if the band somehow decides that's what they want to go with. Might also double as a roadie, security, groupie wrangler, who knows.

Personality: Publicly, Alex is a snarky jerk, perfectly capable of deriding anyone at all and maintaining the upper hand. When that fails, he makes them make a fool of themselves by means unknown. In private, he is a monster. The show outside is him restraining himself to the Nth degree. The band doesn't even know, though they hear rumors. At shows, he is nearly silent unless his particular voice is needed for effect. He lets his music speak for him and through him, going into almost a fervor on the keys.

Sexual Preferences: Alex is a sick and twisted individual. He likes to hide behind the scenes, promise that girls can meet some of the other band members, and waylay them with a combination of drugs, potions, and his own charm. When that doesn't work, that's what chains, manacles, and rope are for. He is a deviant, a sadist, and a number of other things. But he plays a mean set of keyboards and looks the part of the "bad boy". His antics are not limited to girls or boys, but he does prefer ladies as they tend to make more delightful noises.

Band Name Idea(s): The Frumious Bandersnatches; Astarotte (if Nicci is chosen, replace with other lead singer name otherwise) and the Leftovers; Hardtack; With Special Guest; Everybody Gets Laid; Hard Banging; Demilich;

Charsheet
Alexander Verfauw
Male Daemon-Spawn Tiefling Magus (Kensai) 5
LE Medium outsider (native)
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 25, touch 19, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +9 Dex)
hp 44 (5d8+11)
Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4
Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
Melee masterwork scimitar +10 (1d6+5/18-20)
Special Attacks magus arcana (arcane accuracy), spellstrike
Magus (Kensai) Spells Prepared (CL 5th; concentration +11):
. . 2nd—alter self, frigid touch
. . 1st—ray of enfeeblement (DC 15), shield, shocking grasp (2)
. . 0 (at will)—acid splash, dancing lights, prestidigitation
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 10, Cha 13
Base Atk +3; CMB +6; CMD 21
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light), Dervish Dance, Intensified Spell, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (scimitar)
Traits focused mind, hwan artist
Skills Craft (carpentry) +14, Fly +9, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (arcana) +12, Perform (dance) +3, Perform (keyboard instruments) +10, Spellcraft +12, Swim +15, Use Magic Device +9
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Infernal
SQ arcane pool, chosen weapon, perfect strike, spell combat
Combat Gear wound paste; Other Gear +2 mithral chain shirt, masterwork scimitar, belt of incredible dexterity +2, elixir of love (2), backpack, masterwork, drug, opium (3), furs, lock, good (2), manacles, masterwork, manacles, masterwork, masterwork tool, meal, good (per day) (5), masterwork Keyboard, silk rope (50 ft.), spell component pouch, spellbook, tent, large, wine, fine (per bottle) (5), 75 gp, 5 sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Accuracy +4 (Su) 1 Arcane Pool: +4 to attack rolls until the end of your turn.
Arcane Pool (+2, 7/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Canny Defense +4 (Ex) +INT bonus to AC (max Kensai level).
Chosen Weapon (Scimitar) Kensai abilities only function when wielding a weapon of this type.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Dervish Dance Use Dex modifier instead of Str modifier with scimitar
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Energy Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Fire attacks.
Focused Mind +2 to Concentration checks
Furs +2 Fort vs. Cold Weather (does not stack with Survival skill's bonuses)
Intensified Spell You can cast a spell that can exceed its normal damage die cap by 5 (if you have the caster level to reach beyond that cap).
Perfect Strike (Ex) Use 1 arcane pool to maximize weapon dam, or 2 for +1 to crit multiplier.
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.
Spellstrike (Su) Deliver touch spells as part of a melee attack.
Swimming (30 feet) You have a Swim speed.
Wound paste (5 uses) Target affected by stabilize spell.

NicciKotor

Astarotte is naturally the lead singer and writes all of the songs for the band to follow and gain more fame and pussy for everyone. Classically trained under a elvish bardic master over the past few centuries after he rescued her from a boring harem and alluring her attentions with bad sexist jokes and puns. So she spends a few hundred years apprenticing under the elvish bard and learning his secrets while fucking him into a early grave.

Free of her Master the young succubus does what is only natural, forming her own band and joining up with the contests across the land to show off her skill and to show the mobs that not all succubus are evil harlots!

Phaia

I have not did any die rolls yet ..mainly trying to get the "E" die roller to work out how ya want!
Wantted to toss out character concept

Musetouched AAsamir with varient abilities [scion of humanity]
Drop spell like ability replace with +2 cha

phaia

Name:  Ahrainna
Sex:     Often....err female
Race:   Aasimar
Class:  Bard
Instrument: All [mainly sing and string]
Personality: Music can change the world! Ahrainna 'Rainna' is the brains [knowledge music] even knowing some anicent songs [1-2 masterpeices]. Playing almost every instrusmenst; she writes and composes many songs. Catering to whomever will sound the best. She is smart and witty and driven [will make the other members rehearse until their fingers bleed and voices are hoarse just to get it 'right']. She likes to party as well but is focused on the prize and the music. Very Loyal to those she lets in sometimes too loyal. She knows her heritage and how much it means [granddaughter of an Azata -musetouched-]

Sexual Preferences: bisexual- willing to experiment
Band Name Idea(s): Gossamer Axe [in homage to a very very good book I read dealing with an all female rock band that magic in thier music http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gael_Baudino]

edit- seems nicci came up with the idea first...part of the problem with everyone having a general perfom then every can do what everyone else does!

Phaia

as an aside if i roll any 17 or 18 i will end up with  a 22 cha which with trait and skill focus and musetouched bonus and level 5 gives a 21 in perfrom...with vestile performance that can give me a 21 in a bunch of skills...all for only 5 skill points   :o ;D

Perfom really needs not to be general so we dont trip over each other with our perfom skills!

Phaia

who149

Perform isn't general... You have to pick a category. (String, Vocals, Percussion, wind, ect.)

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Quote from: Phaia on June 06, 2014, 12:18:12 AM
as an aside if i roll any 17 or 18 i will end up with  a 22 cha which with trait and skill focus and musetouched bonus and level 5 gives a 21 in perfrom...with vestile performance that can give me a 21 in a bunch of skills...all for only 5 skill points   :o ;D

Perfom really needs not to be general so we dont trip over each other with our perfom skills!

Phaia

Damn your skill focus, I only have a +20 in perform. I will not be topped by a lowly assamir! *jumps out window*

Phaia

Lowly Aasamir?! at least I am no hell spawn low life  ;) :P [teasing of course]
unlike you that just play at music I have it in my blood, in my soul in my very essense! HA!!!

Phaia

Phaia

NicciKotor

Quote from: Phaia on June 06, 2014, 12:30:53 AM
Lowly Aasamir?! at least I am no hell spawn low life  ;) :P [teasing of course]
unlike you that just play at music I have it in my blood, in my soul in my very essense! HA!!!

Phaia

Pshaw, I am the one taught by a world famous elvish bard! You are just a talented amateur! At best you are good enough to play my music without messing it up like the law-abiding stiffnecks that your race represents.

NicciKotor

Anon315

I have a +10 to Perform. Go me. Oh wait that's like half of you two... oh well.

Phaia

Quote from: NicciKotor on June 06, 2014, 12:34:37 AM
Pshaw, I am the one taught by a world famous elvish bard! You are just a talented amateur! At best you are good enough to play my music without messing it up like the law-abiding stiffnecks that your race represents.

Ha! that elf borrowed the music My grandfather help create...I know things about music that a small mind like yours could not even conceive!
World famous maybe in your mind!...there are a couple of elfs that are that famous and I know both of them!!!

phaia

Phaia

NicciKotor

Pshaw, everyone knows that assamir cannot write proper rock/metal music, they lack the right levels of artistic suffering for it! Clearly you need a mind, such as mine, that is properly depraved to truly understand the meaning of metal and rock.

Also I am older than your grandpa, so show respect to your sexy elders!

NicciKotor

Phaia

while the silly succibus plays depraved music...the Aasamir makes every male drool and want her when she sings..'all i wanted do is make love to you'...and each male thinks she is singing to him!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2siEQsADk

NicciKotor

More lame soft rock. If crowds wanted to listen to that weak tea they can go to a brothel! Our music should be loud and epic in scale!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYqi_iXqzBY

who149

So. My character is done and posted with where I put my info.

Ons and offs!

Phaia

Zaer Darkwail

Ladie, ladies, you could be double performing and no doubt the crowd would love cat fight between a demon and a angel (or well, celestial blooded) on stage ;). Musical performance wise that is. But bonus for Nicci for linking Nightwish (my favorite gothic metal band and been fan to them for years)! Marco Hietala would definately be half-orc in fantasy setting and plan take lots inspiration from him in music wise! Also yeah, despite pic in below my half-orc sports similar double braided beard on his chin like Marco. But otherwise looks same as in pic.

Name: Gurdick Bloodhowl
Race: Half-Orc (Skilled and Sacred Tattoo's)
Class: Savage Skald
Instrument: Preferred; Electric axe-guitar, singing and drums (secondary)
Personality: Gurdick is easy going, charismatic and aggressively socially engaging orc who does not just lure people to have fun...he would grab them, drag on stage and rock with him and have fun and thrill of the stage and this push his audience in glorious frenzy! He comes from long lineage of warsingers, warchanters and he is proud of his ancestry and his family's talent in inspiring warriors or warrior spirit on anyone (even to non-orcs). But even if he is musician, he is proud warrior as well and he carries his orcish ancestry with pride (even if more tribal orcs would think him softie because of his half-human heritage and that he had lived in city and is second generation half-orc).

He is highly competitive soul, seeking test himself constantly in challenges may they be any; prowess in bed, drinking, in music, in combat. Any aspects of life. He seeks to win the epic bardic competition to promote half-orc performers as more often than not they are shunned and believed that the half-orcs have no sense for music, poetry or art in general. He wants prove them all wrong! He is not satisfied if he cannot brutally slaughter and beat down that misconception! Make the former disbelievers wail in lament in shattering of their illusion!

Sexual Preferences: He has the typical orcish preference; heterosexual with leanings to well figured women.
Band Name Idea(s): Heaven&Abyss (after lead singer duo), We Rock Eternity, Blood War (the name of planar conflict, fits for two lead singer idea), Gossamer Axe (good name + nice quote :))

Foxfyr

Quote from: Phaia on June 06, 2014, 12:18:12 AM

Phaia

That's why in the character sheet I mentioned up to three preferred instruments in descending want and I believe I mentioned you didn't have to settle on a perform skill until the band is chosen. ;)

Ghostwheel

Concept 1:

Name: Malkut
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Summoner
Instrument: Management, Bass, Guitar
Personality: While Malkut does not actually play in the band, his multi-armed eidolon can play multiple chords at the same time giving the band a unique feel. Malkut, on the other hand, is a shrewd customer, always being one step ahead of the band's competitors, and always bargaining for the best price whenever they go to do gigs. He also makes sure that everything is in place; they have the right kind of location, acoustics, the stage is set up correctly, and far, far more, so much so that few in the band realize just how much work he actually does behind the scenes to allow them to get up there and play their best.
Sexual Preferences: Omnisexual

Concept 2:

Name: Gevurah
Race: Human
Class: Oracle (of METAL!) / Barbarian
Instrument: Bass, Guitar, Vocals
Personality: Life, the universe, and everything was made so that METAL can exist in the world. If it is not METAL then it is worthless. METAL is not a type of music, but a state of mind. You could play classical music and still be the most METAL person in the world. It's about being awesome in the most METAL way possible. It's about living your life, devoid of what others tell you. It's about following your most METAL dreams and making them come true. That is METAL. If everyone could be METAL, the whole world would be a far better place. His job, then, is to spread METAL throughout the universe.
Band Name Idea(s): UMLAUT

Concept 3:

Name: Yipyip
Race: Kobold
Class: Gunslinger / Magus
Instrument: Drums, Xylophone, Triangle, Buttmonkey, Cowbell
Personality: Having only been picked up recently by the band, Yipyip is an honorary member due to have been saved from a bunch of ravenous dire rats when she was fleeing from one of the many towns that do not accept kobolds. Since then he's found her way into the heart of some of the band members, and been a sort of mascot. They let him stick around and sometimes hit something during gigs, but mostly he's there for their amusement, and they like to cajole him into carrying equipment like a roadie, but most of it is too heavy for him, causing them to laugh as he desperately tries to do their bidding.

Statblock

Yipyip
Male Kobold Gunslinger (Bushwhacker, Pistolero) 1/Magus (Myrmidarch) 4
N Small humanoid (reptilian)
Init +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+3 armor, +1 shield, +5 Dex, +1 size)
hp 46 (1d10+4d8+10)
Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +7 (-2 vs. Charm or Compulsion effects if there's a promise of wealth or power)
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +5 (1d3/19-20)
Ranged +1 seeking double-barreled pistol +11 (1d6+1/×4) and
. . pistol +10 (1d6/×4)
Special Attacks spellstrike
Magus (Myrmidarch) Spells Prepared (CL 5th; concentration +8):
. . 2nd—mirror image
. . 1st—expeditious retreat, ray of enfeeblement (DC 14), vanish (DC 14)
. . 0 (at will)—acid splash, detect magic, ghost sound (DC 13)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 21, Con 15, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 9
Base Atk +4; CMB +3; CMD 18
Feats Gunsmithing, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Reload
Traits magical knack, rapid drumming, trap finder
Skills Acrobatics +7, Appraise +6, Climb +2, Craft (alchemy) +7, Disable Device +16, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Perception +13, Perform (percussion instruments) +15, Sense Motive +8, Stealth +17, Use Magic Device +3; Racial Modifiers +2 Acrobatics, +2 Climb, +2 Perception
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Undercommon
SQ arcane pool, deed: gunslinger's dodge, deed: quick clear, grit, power-hungry, prehensile tail, ranged spellstrike, spell combat, trembling grit, deed: up close and deadly, magus arcana (familiar)
Combat Gear wand of infernal healing (40 charges); Other Gear masterwork studded leather, masterwork buckler, +1 seeking double-barreled pistol, alchemical cartridge (paper) (50), dagger (2), pistol, backpack, masterwork, bedroll, belt pouch, blanket, chalk (10), gunsmith's kit, masterwork Drum, sunrod (2), thieves' tools, masterwork, trail rations (10), waterskin, 14 gp, 3 sp
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Alchemical cartridge (paper) - 0/50
Arcane Pool (+1, 5/day) (Su) - 0/5
Dagger - 0/2
Grit (2/day) - 1/3
Sunrod - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/10
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Pool (+1, 5/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Deed: Gunslinger's Dodge (+2 AC) (Ex) Use 1 grit, immediately move 5 ft/drop prone to gain 1x/2x bonus to AC vs ranged attack.
Deed: Quick Clear (Ex) While have grit, remove the effects of a misfire. Use 1 grit to do as move action.
Deliver Touch Spells Through Familiar (Su) Your familiar can deliver touch spells for you.
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Familiar Bonus: +3 to Appraise checks You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Grit (Ex) Gain a pool of points that are spent to fuel deeds, regained on firearm crit/killing blow.
Gunsmithing You can use a gunsmithing kit to craft/repair firearms and ammo.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Magical Knack (Magus [Myrmidarch]) +2 CL for a specific class, to a max of your HD.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Power-Hungry -2 vs. Will saves if the effect's creator promises wealth or power
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into melee.
Prehensile Tail Tail can draw small objects as a swift action, or a hidden weapon as a move action.
Ranged Spellstrike (Su) Spellstrike can be channeled through ranged attacks.
Rapid Drumming Your early training leading drum circles allows you to use your hand-and-eye coordination when keeping e beat. You may use Dexterity instead of Charisma on Perform (Percussion) checks, and Perform is always a class skill for you.
Rapid Reload (Double-barreled pistol) You can reload fast with one type of Crossbow or Firearm.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.
Spellstrike (Su) Deliver touch spells as part of a melee attack.
Trap Finder Use Disable Device to disarm magic traps, like a rogue.
Trembling Grit (Ex) Gain 1 grit when you reduce a helpless or unaware opponent to 0 or less  HP.
Up Close and Deadly +1d6 At 1st level, when the pistolero hits a target with a one-handed firearm that is not making a scatter shot, she can spend 1 grit point to deal 1d6 points of extra damage on a hit. If she misses with the attack, she grazes the target, dealing half the

--------------------

Jet
Male Raven (Infiltrator)
N Tiny magical beast (animal)
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +15
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+2 Dex, +2 size, +2 natural)
hp 23 (1d8-1)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6
Defensive Abilities uncanny stealth
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 10 ft., fly 40 ft. (average)
Melee bite +8 (1d3-4)
Space 2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 2, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 7, Wis 15, Cha 7
Base Atk +4; CMB +4; CMD 10
Feats Alertness, Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Finesse
Skills Craft (alchemy) -1, Disable Device +5, Fly +6, Knowledge (arcana) -1, Perception +15, Perform (percussion instruments) +3, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +18, Use Magic Device -1
Languages Common
--------------------
Flight (40 feet, Average) You can fly!
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Uncanny Stealth (Ex) Retain Dex bonus to AC when flat-footed.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Foxfyr

You can reroll that stat line. I'm not comfortable with psionic classes at this point and will have to say no to them as this point.

Ghostwheel

You'll want to do .minroll(2), since what you're doing now has a minimum roll of 1.

ShadowFox89

I'll keep what I have from the second set :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Foxfyr

I'll give Shadow a bit longer to post a character before I make my decision.

ShadowFox89

Sorry, on Mondays I go to work at 9am and don't get home until 7pm... with no breaks. I'll work up a sheet now, though what is our class setup right now?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Here's a list as far as I can see:

Player / Race / Class:

• NicciKotor / Succubus / Bard - Singer
  • who149 / Drow / Cleric - Singer/Guitarist/Bassist
  • Anon315 / Tiefling / Magus - Keyboard
  • Phaia / Aasimar / Bard - Singer, Strings
  • Zaer Darkwail / Half-Orc / Bard (Savage Skald) - Singer/Guitarist/Drums (Secondary)
  • Ghostwheel / Half-Elf / Summoner - Manager/Bassist OR Human / METAL - Bassist/Guitarist/Singer OR Kobold / Buttmonkey - Drums, Percussion, Cowbell

ShadowFox89

I think I'll roll up a ranger, should give some non-magical skills to the group.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

@Loki- Thinking of doing a Ranger, what's the most likely favored enemy I could expect as a bounty huntin' elf ranger/bass guitarist?

edit: and HP rolls hp (3d10.minroll(3)=22)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

who149

I wonder if "Musicians" would count as a favored enemy.

Ons and offs!

Foxfyr

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 09, 2014, 11:15:02 PM
@Loki- Thinking of doing a Ranger, what's the most likely favored enemy I could expect as a bounty huntin' elf ranger/bass guitarist?

edit: and HP rolls hp (3d10.minroll(3)=22)

I imagine any of the core PC races would be a safe bet in this worldspace would be a safe bet.

Ghostwheel

Updated my previous post with the "position" people are taking in the bad instrument-wise.

Foxfyr

Eh, the instruments of choice are really a guideline; I'm sure somebody who chose one instrument won't mind going with another should there be a conflict.

ShadowFox89

Gonna head off for the night, here's what I currently have for a sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=921284
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

So, Shadow having posted, are results incipient?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Anon315 on June 11, 2014, 01:31:39 PM
So, Shadow having posted, are results incipient?

I'm not fully finished with my sheet and won't be able to work on it all day, as I am working today.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

Foxfyr

Sorry for the delay, got caught up at a cookout Tuesday and was incapacitated by the resulting hangover yesterday.  As for the results of who I am selecting:

Nicci – Astarotte the bardic succubus on Vocals
Who149 – Maelneth the cleric drow on Bass
Anon315 – Alexander the kensai tiefling on Keyboard
Ghostwheel – Yipyip the kobold arcane gunslinger on Drums

I know I said I was only looking for 4, but I could not resist the urge to bring in the 5th to keep things interesting.

Phaia – Ahrainna the bardic aasimar on Vocals and Guitar

With the music video battle that took place on this thread, plus the idea of demonic heritage working alongside celestial heritage could make for some very fun interactions and competition.  I intend to have the IC and OOC threads open in the next day or two once time permits.

I also wanted to thank everybody who submitted a character, especially those who didn’t get selected.  If openings arise as a result of dropouts, I will likely contact you to see if you still have interest in playing.

Ghostwheel

ShadowFox89

Good luck and have fun everyone, sorry I couldn't get my sheet done in time (stupid working six days a week)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Oh! I did not know charsheet was mandatory  :-\. Could had rolled it fast too.

Foxfyr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on June 12, 2014, 02:34:15 PM
Oh! I did not know charsheet was mandatory  :-\. Could had rolled it fast too.

The character sheet wasn't mandatory, but I felt having 3 bards in a party despite archetypes to be on the excessive side of things.

Foxfyr