Legend of Zelda: Spellbound Alchemist (Recruitment Closed! )

Started by MaiMizzu, July 10, 2013, 02:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimera

Hmmm, if Midna uses dark magic, would that make her a wizzrobe?

apygoos

shes not a wanna-be tucan sam
Shes awesome, and deliciously hot~

Kimera

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Mathim on July 17, 2013, 10:24:54 AM
Aw, shucks. So much for more female blood. I always felt like Link had a huge harem built up by the end of each game.

I didn't have a problem with anything you said till this.

I don't mind playing a female in a game, but I don't like feeling like the only purpose of my female is to provide sex...

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

apygoos

its funny you say that because historically in LoZ, outside link women have far more powerful roles in the universe.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: apygoos on July 17, 2013, 04:15:14 PM
its funny you say that because historically in LoZ, outside link women have far more powerful roles in the universe.
I'm well aware of that, but that comment made me feel like his only interest in me being in the Rp was for the purpose of another female to possibly have sex with. Those are my PERSONAL feelings, I'm not saying that was what he intended, but that's how I feel.

MaiMizzu

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 17, 2013, 04:10:52 PM

I don't mind playing a female in a game, but I don't like feeling like the only purpose of my female is to provide sex...

I think I kind of take offense to this statement. I'm a female, myself ya know. I didn't start this RP because I wanted to see these characters banging. I started it because I had what I thought was a good idea, and others got on board with it. I've worked really hard so far to get this RP off the ground with a good start, and to keep it respectable. This isn't a smut RP. This is a story telling RP. If sex happens, then it happens. But if it gets out of control, or if someone tries a harem thing... Hell I'll kick them. Simple as that. The people who have RP'ed with me before know I'm not really down with the idea of nothing but RP sex. Or to have a character specifically in there to provide such. The women in the Zelda universe are some of the strongest role models you can pick. We're not making this RP to sully that, or make them whores.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: MaiMizzu on July 17, 2013, 04:20:12 PM
I think I kind of take offense to this statement. I'm a female, myself ya know. I didn't start this RP because I wanted to see these characters banging. I started it because I had what I thought was a good idea, and others got on board with it. I've worked really hard so far to get this RP off the ground with a good start, and to keep it respectable. This isn't a smut RP. This is a story telling RP. If sex happens, then it happens. But if it gets out of control, or if someone tries a harem thing... Hell I'll kick them. Simple as that. The people who have RP'ed with me before know I'm not really down with the idea of nothing but RP sex. Or to have a character specifically in there to provide such. The women in the Zelda universe are some of the strongest role models you can pick. We're not making this RP to sully that, or make them whores.

Mai, my comment was not directed at you. But my personal feelings from the comment that was made by the player I quoted.

Since I have seemed to have caused so much distress, I'll bow out completely and let you all return to your usual planning.

apygoos

Link doesn't have  Harem because while sure, there may be women who like him, who wouldn't, hes a very respectable man who has sacrificed literally his life to serve the Hylian monarchy. He wouldnt have these woemn he plainly has his way with because hed very quiet and closed. In most cases, only speaking when needing to. Zelda and maybe a few of the knights understand him. what he goes through, what hes lived with. if anyone was to get in links pants, there would likely be some sort of romantic motive involved. Gotta get link to open up to you, let alone his pants.

Mathim

Let me clear the air. I apologize if what I said sounded sexist, that was not my intention. Female characters are a huge part of the story and I just didn't want this to be a total sausage-fest, I was hoping there would be a more even balance of male and female characters. Also, my character is a Goron, which I have always considered to be a completely sexless species (never seen a female one, EVER, and I had assumed they reproduce asexually) and frankly the idea of a Goron of all things having intercourse with any other species kind of freaks me out, actually. Having more female perspectives to balance out the males was something I was looking forward to, especially in seeing one of them in the role of an elite guard as far as battling goes.

If the bridges have been burnt, then so be it. I'm sorry some people feel the need to jump to conclusions and get defensive rather than asking if someone is perhaps being sarcastic or making a joke that isn't funny. Perhaps the word 'harem' wasn't the best idea, but Link does usually attract positive attention from quite a number of females. In OOT, Ruto was totally hot for him, Nabooru too, and Saria, even Malon. Maybe not all of them in a sexual way but he still could have had his pick of any of them if you really analyze the whole situation. But really, I had gotten the impression this wasn't going to be much of a sexual emphasis RP, if at all, and that was part of the attraction since when it gets like that in most RPs I've seen, they tend to degrade quickly.

Anyway in regards to Midna, is it really appropriate for her to be one of the Elite Guards? That means the Twilight Realm is now without a ruler and that's just a disaster waiting to happen whether or not Ganon is perverting things there. Maybe an ancestor of Midna's who still has royal blood but isn't the firstborn and therefore will not have inherited the throne? Just a thought. Much as I adore Midna (so sad we only got to see the 'real' her for such a short time in the game), it doesn't feel quite right for her to be a character in this game. Unless perhaps Jean's world-crossing also caused the Twilight Realm to pull Midna from her world and she's just hanging with these guys til she can find her way back. Still...feels a tad awkward.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

apygoos

Midna would like not start as an elite guard from how i see it. The mabassador thign works pretty well, and syncs up with the cannon "failure of the sages" moment, in which the mirror of twilight is destroyed and that leaves Midna with no way home. That gives the story some good texture, as political tension may rise after they realize Hyrule effectively has the heir of a neighboring kingdom "hostage" with no way home..

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MaiMizzu

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Mathim

Out of curiosity, were you planning on a male or female role? Technically every Sheikah we've seen has been female so it just seems like that would be more appropriate, but whatever floats your boat.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

apygoos

AndyZ

Okay, just got home from work so may be a bit.  Female by the way.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AndyZ

Name: Nara
Race: Sheikah
Sexuality: Not really interested in other sheikah...but maybe a bit curious...
Approximate Age (human years): 19
Specialty: Various tasks associated with ninja, such as shuriken, rapid movement and stealth.  Some claim that she's able to actually travel from shadow to shadow, but if this is true, only the Sheikah (and those initiated into their ways, such as Zelda) know for sure
City of origin: The Shadow Temple
Personality: As a stealthy bodyguard, Nara is not dispositioned towards too much time talking about herself or revealing her abilities.  She can, however, be somewhat talkative if she isn't on duty guarding from the shadows.
Weakness or Flaws: The unseen fighting style lends itself best towards few foes and a single strike.  Although she has a number of shuriken and a small degree of martial arts prowess, those who manage to block or evade her first attack are likely beyond her talents.

Another issue, though not one easily understood by most, is her blue eyes.  The eyes of most Sheikah are red, and though prophecy speaks of those with blue eyes, few of those warnings speak well of them.  The most common rumors indicate that a Sheikah who serves well will gain fiery red eyes upon proper service, and failure will cause her eyes to go completely white, which may or may not blind her.  Only the direct intervention of someone in the Royal Family can allow someone with blue eyes to serve within the walls of Hyrule.
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Shuriken coated with a soporific poison, Deku Nuts, some martial arts
Item(s) Carried: A dozen soporific shuriken, five deku nuts, rope and grappling hook, rupee purse, bottle of medicine

Mathim

Wow, she sounds very similar to the way I described Link's role in my own Zelda game idea. Link's foes are some rogue Sheikah and the temples he goes to contain dungeon items that give him the same ninja-y skills of the Sheikah. Awesome job on that character. I'd love to see the next Zelda game give Link some Sheikah-style skills like the kind we see from Sheik in Super Smash Bros. That chain whip move is awesome, and could easily replace the Hookshot/Clawshot.

zergmuncher

Name: Namore Nautorus
Race: Zora
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Approximate Age (human years): 21
Specialty: Polearms
City of origin: Zoras Domain
Personality: Disciplined, calm, focused. Namore would be the person to try and calm arguments instead of fuel them further.   
Weakness or Flaws: Lack of hydration. Slower on foot.

His combat style does not merit heavy armor, leaving him lightly armored.
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Generally Namore will carry a pole-arm of some sort on him to fight with. A lance or spear would be something he'd favor.
Item(s) Carried: A couple jars of water, a rupee purse, one spear.
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
And his spear.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/cjb3797qfkuyl72/Warring-Kingdoms-Xin-Zhao_1358446857.png

MaiMizzu

Character approved!  Go to the ooc thread here for more!  And that's the last character we need right now!  Thank you!

Mathim

Can I just say, god DAMN I love that picture! I tried googling Zoras for pictures and couldn't find anything that rockin'. It's like Zora version of the awesome Goron pic I found for my character. Nice one, bro. Cool Tony Stark avatar too, BTW. And the name, another nod to Marvel Comics (Prince Namor the Submariner).