Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chreestafer

Definitely pondering this game, great concept.   Anythi ng against playing like Chris Redfield from Resident Evil?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

BruceTheCat

We are actually full up on males Chree. You can submit your sheet however if you would like if a spot opens.  Also, we have open spots for female characters if you would like.

Go ahead and submit Jugg.

Samus works!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

cabalxxvi

Alucard or Adrian Tepes

Current Occupation:
The Cities Best S.V.U. agent.

Home World Information:
The world of Castlevania, one of death life, lust, blood, and best of all vampires. The world is filled with nothing but terror, and Alucard and the Belmont family are the last hope of that world. What a better place for a vampire to roam.

Appearance/Style Description:
Alucards style is similar to what he wore in the older centuries, but modernized to fit in with what is the norm today.

Personality:
Alucard, at first glance, looks like a cool individual of few words and strong determination. However, he also endures great suffering because of his blood curse, a curse to roam the world forever fighting and having to endure the death of his friends and colleagues. Alucard is pessimistic, always has a plan for everything, leaves nothing to chance, and will do everything necessary to end Dracula regardless of the cost.

Alucard always seems to stay away from the people around him, given his vampiric condition. He decided to completely exile himself from the world under an eternal sleep. He did not awake from it until Symphony of the Night. It also seems that he forges camaraderie quickly in precarious situations, and also the assistance provided as a minor character in Dracula's Curse.

In Symphony of the Night, Alucard feels completely responsible for dealing with Dracula, whatever the consequences. Speaking to Maria, he is indifferent about Richter being under evil control. Alucard bids a cold goodbye to Richter and Maria at the end of Symphony. Though forges little human attachment, it is notable that when the Succubus posed as his mother Lisa, Alucard's emotions flared. Alucard also does not withhold his feelings to fight once more against his father, who at the end of the battle quotes some sentences spoken by his mother.

History:
As the offspring of an unnatural bond between Dracula and a human woman named Lisa, Adrian had special powers, preordained to be stronger than any human but not potentially as strong as his father, especially in the dark arts. After Lisa was killed, mistaken for a witch, Adrian grew up under the influence of his father, whence he was taught in the dark arts and molded into a warrior who would one day fight for the side of evil.

Adrian's existence did not come without quirks, as the gentle, human side of his mother always seemed to cloud his "better judgement", as Dracula would have put it. Before his mother's death, Adrian was by her side. Even though he was enraged, she insisted that he not take that anger out on the humans, as their lives are already full of hardship. With those thoughts forever implanted into his being, his mind always wandered as he questioned his father's intentions. After standing by for as long as he could, he broke away from his father's army and disappeared. Understanding that Dracula was going to implore his wrath on the people, Adrian would turn his efforts toward destroying his father's army, hopefully encouraging him to reconsider. Furthermore, he chose to go under the name "Alucard" — his father's branded name in reverse — to represent that he stood for beliefs opposite those of his father.

Alucard is an adept swordsman and typically wields one-handed swords. Alucard's other attacks use dark magic. As a shape-shifter, Alucard can change himself into a bat, a wolf, or even mist.

In 1476 when Trevor C. Belmont was on his own quest to hunt out the Count Dracula, who had controlled his son to become evil, Alucard would be waiting for Trevor Belmont to come by. Alucard acted like a boss at this point, testing the skills of the hero. Alucard was surprised by Trevor's strength when he was defeated and asked if he could join Trevor on his quest.

After helping to destroy Dracula, and despite his good intentions, Alucard couldn't help but feel guilty for patricide. To ease his pain, he put himself to rest, submerging his powers.
In 1797, due to an unexpected lack of a Belmont, Alucard had no choice but to awaken from his slumber to investigate the matter and infiltrate Castlevania. He was able to find out that Richter Belmont had been seduced by evil and was controlling the castle.

With the help of Richter's sister-in-law, Maria Renard, they were able to find out the truth: the dark priest Shaft was controlling Richter and wanted to raise Dracula from his dark slumber. After releasing Richter from Shaft's control, Alucard entered an upside-down version of Castlevania, with more powerful enemies, and confronted Shaft.

Having defeated Shaft, Alucard discovered that his efforts were in vain, as Shaft's plan had come to fruition regardless. He solely defeated his father in combat once more, and sent him back to the grave, though Dracula did show a spark of humanity after Alucard told him Lisa's last words: that mankind should be left in peace, and that she would always love him. He then planned to put himself back at rest but Maria, who had developed a strong attraction to him, eventually set out to convince him to stay.

One year after defeating his father, Alucard is accused of being evil by an incubus named Magnus. He aids Maria, Richter, Cyril, andAlexis in their fight against Magnus and his old servant Lyudmil.

Magnus reveals to Maria Alucard's history of consuming human blood. When being asked about it, he did not deny it. He even turned his former servant, Lyudmil into a vampire.

Current Situation:
Alucard had a run in with this so called Legion, and thanks to them Dracula is even more powerful than he was before. He had been sucked into the temptations of more power, and was now doing something that he never did...following orders. Alucard narrowly escaped, but his world fell to the darkness that overcame it.

He now runs around solving murders, and like in the Special Victims Unit in the city. Someone had to do it. Alucard also spends a lot of his time learning about the modern world, and finding weapons and other things that are hidden in the depths of the world to assist him in his ultimate fight of vengeance, and to properly dispose of his father Dracula.

Weapon:
Crisigrim (Weapon of Choice)
All the relics from Dracula's castle in Symphony of the night.
Hidden Blades from the Assassin's creed world.

Special Powers:
Dark Magic: Although Alucard can more than hold his own physically, it is magically where he is truly dangerous. Like his father, Alucard can use many types of dark magic, it can be said that his powers is at least ½ of what Dracula's is, since Dracula trained him personally. Alucard mastered most of Dracula's own attacks, such as Hellfire, Dark Metamorphosis, Tetra Spirit and Soul Steal.
  • Shapeshifting: Alucard can shapeshift into a wolf, bat or mist to get to certain areas. With the aid of some relics, Alucard can enhance his shapeshifting; his Wolf form can run faster than a bullet, his Form of Mist can become a Poison Cloud, and his Bat form can fire fireballs and also a destructive sonar. It is speculated that Alucard, like Dracula, has a "final form" that he can transform into, but he refuses to use it as he does not want to be like Dracula in any way; this is supported by the fact that at random, Alucard will turn into a massive gargoyle statue when petrified, which is impervious to damage; this may be his "final form". However, if this is true, there is no way to use the form in-game.
  • Speed: He can run faster than a bullet both, in his human and wolf form.
  • Summoning: Alucard can summon many creatures via Relic Cards, such as an assisting fairy, an elemental spear-wielding demon, a fireball-shooting bat, a soul-stealing ghost or a powerful sword.
  • Swordsman skills: Alucard mastered a variety of weapons, but none as he mastered his mother's sword. Seeing as the sword is a family heirloom, Lisa could have come from a lineage of sword masters or knights. He also inherited the Alucard Shield which improves defense against all attacks, the Alucard Mail which improves Fire, Ice and Thunder elemental defense, and the Dragon Helm which scares enemies and lowers their defenses. With the Twilight Cloak, inherited from his father, Alucard increases defense and reduces flinching.

Strengths:
Superhuman strength, speed, durability, reactions, agility and stamina, shape shifting, soul manipulation, time manipulation, fire projection, summoning spirits, can turn into mist and poison his opponent, immune to elemental damage (thanks to his equipment), regeneration, immortality (Type 1), teleportation, energy shields, can break out of illusions

Weaknesses:
An affinity to the human race
Decapitation
His emotions
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

cabalxxvi

Well, I know that you are full on Male characters, but I wasn't about to lose all the work I did on making him. So I will bookmark, and keep an eye out for an open slot.

cabalxxvi

:( sniff, can't you make an exception at all for more male characters ;)

Chreestafer

what about trans characters? id have to look and see if there are any games where character sexuality comes into question.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Juggtacular

Chreestafer

im thinking maybe the resident evil verse still, but a female who was infected by the virus when coming over and she grows an extra little package from the infection, thoughts?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Juggtacular

Hahahaha. That's a good idea, but the thought of a Las Plagas tendril with teeth coming out of her crotch scared me for a moment.

Chreestafer

it scares me now that I think of it hahaha
Ons and Offs
F-List

cabalxxvi

-shudders in pain-

Wow, that just sent a shock down my spine.

Rel Mayer

BruceTheCat

I don't really want to have Trans characters in the game.

I am going to be sending out approvals this evening once I have had the chance to read through characters.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

MaiMizzu

Can I have a day to get mine done for Samus? or is it first come first serve? I've been lookin for pics almost this whole time..
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

BruceTheCat

We still ha r two open spots for women, so you have time Mai. I'd hope to start the game tomorrow though, so the sooner the better of course.
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

Delsin Rowe

Current Occupation: Delsin is a freelance artist and is essentially contracted to paint murals and large scale tags, things of that nature. He also does some side work as a courier considering how fast he can get around(and traffic is no concern). Keep this on the hush, but he has relieved a few corrupt officials of funds here and there. It's not like they can't afford it right?

Home World Information: InFamous Earth: Delsin is lucky in that his home world was essentially modern day Earth. Meaning that he came from a place that was for all intents and purposes equal with the real world, with the exception of Conduits existing in his world. Due to that he easily made the transition from his home(Seattle) to New York and has had no problem keeping up as the world progresses.

Appearance/Style Description: Due to a life of parkour, free running, and generally avoiding Johnny Law, Delsin has a well muscled frame; more like a sprinter or track star than a buff bodybuilder though. He's about six feet even, and a nice shade of brown. He keeps his wild and messy hair covered up under a beanie most of the time, but it usually pokes out anyway...it's untamable. He's also devilishly handsome and has a smile that can disarm all but the most frigid of women.

Personality: Delsin is a free spirit in the purest sense of the term.  Ever since he was little he always stood up for the little guy and has believed that while government is necessary, corrupt governments(most of them) shouldn't be allowed to walk all over the people they are supposed to protect and serve. Like how a Senator can vote to increase his own pay, but then turns around and votes against raising the minimum wage. What's up with that? As an Akomish Native American living in modern day America, his words didn't mean much, and coming from such a small town(a reservation not far from Seattle)...well that didn't help much either. He'd always been a good artist, so he spoke out the only way he knew. Anti-Authority graffiti. He's a charismatic individual and a smooth talker, and will always say what he wants and what he means. He's selfless to the core and has put his own life at risk several times without hesitation to help those he cares about and even random strangers. He's an all around good guy...just can't keep his mouth shut sometimes.

History: After bringing down the D.U.P. and showing humanity that Conduits just like people had good and bad; that they could live and work together in unity...well things were pretty good. Delsin was one of the most famous people in the world and spoken of in the same vein as the first Conduit savior, Cole McGrath. He had endorsement deals and people lining up just to shake his hand or see him make a fireball.

He even had the Akomish reservation totally re-hauled and made life better for his people. Life was great...until they came. The Legion of villains with their near infinite magical and technological resources found a way to not only resurrect Cole's future self known as Kessler. But the entity known as The Beast as well.

Between the two of them, even Delsin, Cole(who had miraculously cheated death yet again) and other Conduits who stood up to join them had trouble. But to make matters worse, the Legion backed them, sending A Power Tri-Force enhanced Ganon and a re-programmed Liberty Prime to aid them. The humans and conduits formed a resistance to fight back, but it was a losing battle from the beginning.

In only a few short months they'd conquered the planet with Kessler ruling one half and the Beast ruling the other. Delsin knew he couldn't win at the current time, so reluctantly he left his world behind, hoping to find help somewhere else.

Current Situation: When not plotting against the Legion with his friends or tagging or just hanging out, Delsin has become something of a vigilante. He never could stand bad guys much less outright evil, and he has more than enough power to help fight it, so that's what he does.

Weapon: Desmond's signature and only weapon is a chain. He can imbue this chain with aspects of his absorbed Conduit powers, and alter it's structure to use it in combination with his powers. For example, while using smoke, the chain becomes red hot and leaves behind a smoky trail. While using Neon it becomes more like an energy sword, etc...

Special Powers: Absorption Conduit - Delsin is a Conduit; a being that possesses superhuman abilities that allow him to surpass the limits of baseline humanity. While every Conduit ability is different, all conduits possess a basic set of shared physical attributes; namely enhanced strength, durability, and healing.  Delsin's primary ability is that he can absorb the abilities of others. All he needs is a touch and a will to absorb said power, and Delsin will gain it as his own(the original user keeps their abilities). He has become a highly versatile conduit due to him being able to absorb a seemingly unlimited number of abilities. Aside from his original power, Delsin has absorbed four other Conduit abilities in his life. If injured, he has a rapid healing factor and has healed in moments from being shot twice in the chest as well as healing from having concrete shards embedded in his legs.

Smoke Manipulation: Delsin can manipulate, absorb, expel, and become smoke, cinders, embers, and ash. This allows him an incredible freedom of movement as he can simply move around as smoke or hover by expelling smoke and flame from his hands and feet.  He can also move at superhuman speeds by partially turning into smoke and propelling himself around the area. Furthermore he can shoot flaming balls of smoke, drop smoke grenades which incapacitate and subdue enemies.

Neon Manipulation: With Neon, Delsin can control gaseous energy based semblance(the stuff you see in neon signs). This allows for a number of things. Primarily he can fire off energy beams with laser like intensity, throw Neon bombs which suspend enemies in mid-air after detonation. He can hover like with his smoke manipulation, and this form also grants him heightened speed by turning into Neon and simply running. The process leaves behind after-images of him in a strobe effect and he's able to run on walls and even air.

Video Manipulation: Video Manipulation does what it sounds like, and allows Delsin to shoot pixelated streams of energy at his enemies. He can also become 'faint' pixels, which temporarily imbues him with invisibility. Using the pixels he can create a digital sword to use as a weapon, or even form wings to allow flight.

Concrete Manipulation: The last power Delsin absorbed was the ability to manipulate concrete. With it he can launch shrapnel sized shards of concrete like flechette rounds and bullets, or he can shoot larger slabs of it like a small cannon. Delsin can cover himself in concrete armor which reduces the amount of damage he takes, and punch the ground to make small localized tremors through manipulating the Earth.

Strengths:

Powerful Conduit: Delsin's many and varied abilities make him a very real threat in combat, and one that is hard to fight against due to him being able to switch powers on the fly. Aside from Cole/Kessler and the Beast, he is the strongest Conduit in the world, and unarguably the most versatile. He can even absorb the powers of others if necessary.

Die Hard Attitude: Delsin will fight for what's right no matter what and will never back down unless forced by outside circumstances. He'll gladly die fighting to make the world a better place so more people don't have to.

Charisma: Delsin is handsome, charming, and knows how to play to peoples wants, needs, and fears once he learns them. Because of this and his winning personality, he has an easy time making people like him, making friends, and winning people to his cause.

Parkour: Even without his powers, Delsin is a highly talented free runner and can get around a city like no one's business. You'll have a hard time keeping him in one place if he doesn't want to be there.

Weaknesses:

Absorption: Delsin's powers are not infinite. As he uses them, he drains his energy reserves and must recharge. While he naturally recovers the use of his abilities over time, the process is not fast enough to help him in battle, so he'd need to find an existing source of his chosen element in the heat of battle to be able to use it effectively once it depletes. For example, if he runs out of smoke, he'd need to find or create a source of smoke for him to absorb, or else he wouldn't be able to use it.(burning car, smokestack, etc...).

CGD(Conduit Gene Dampener): The CDG is a device that was in development before Delsin brought the organization down a peg in dealing with Brooke Augustine. But funding was cut after Delsin exposed them for what they really were. The Legion finished production though. When activated, it generates an energy field that turns off the flow of information from the conduit gene(which allows a conduit to use their powers) and the brain. This effectively turns off their powers as long as they are in the area of effect; and even after leaving, the effects remain for a time. The CGD has two variants as well. A grenade of sorts that explodes and the energy shrapnel from the explosion turns off powers. And a formula has been created that can be injected directly into the blood stream(injection, darts) that shuts off powers as well. Both the variants are thankfully temporary.

Stubborn: Delsin fights for what he believes is right and if he thinks it's wrong, he simply doesn't agree with it. This has gotten him into trouble more than a few times, and led to an impressive arrest record by his brother due to his constant vandalism.

Selfless: Delsin will often throw himself in the line of fire to protect others. He won't hesitate to take a bullet for a friend(even though he'd heal from it), and he'd be the first to volunteer for anything dangerous if he knew he could make a difference.

Lustful Bride

Are there still openings for new players? Also does it matter if we pick a character from old/obscure games or should we stick to mainstream stuff?

Juggtacular

Still 2 spots for female characters. And any game is fine I believe. You could even pick Zoe from Dreamfall, Ashelin from Jak II, Triss from Witcher or...that Dragon Knight from Divinity 2: Ego Draconis. Just as an example.

Lustful Bride

Okay thank you. I will draw up a character tomorrow after lunch and some more research.  ;D

Neysha

You don't get bonus points for obscurity though. ;)

Or anything else along those lines either though.  :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Lustful Bride

I know I was just asking. I'm still trying to narrow down my list.  :P

Green Goo Theory

One day and I the game's almost completely filled up.  Shit...really need to decide quickly. 

Man, that work thing that gives me money really eats up a lot of my time...
Coming soon...

Chulanowa

Well shoot, I had ideas, but if you're full up on males...   :-\ I guess i'll just be keeping an eye on this.

Rel Mayer

BruceTheCat

I'm really glad there is interest in this game idea! I wish we could take everyone, but sadly it would just be too much.

This is the part where I remind everyone about the post rate of the game, as described in my initial post. If you don't think you can post at least once every two days, please bow out now to make room.
- scribus1000