A War for the Modern Ages Reboot (Fate/Stay Night Anime Game)

Started by Tokyorose627, November 08, 2017, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 14, 2017, 10:39:31 AM
What exactly should we know for the bios? Is there anything you are looking for out of it?

Biography wise for your character should be their life up until joining the war. What experience they’ve had as a mage, if they are one, what they know about the war, of both sides of the war, and how they’ve learned magic and such. Basically their life story

Batman4560

I guess my next question would be what are we actually allowed to know about the way?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 14, 2017, 10:47:04 AM
I guess my next question would be what are we actually allowed to know about the way?

What exactly did you have in mind?

Basically it would be if you knew about the war going on, how long it’s been going for, which sides there are, etc, etc.

You have to be a magic user, or hpbe in a family of magic users to know about it, however. Unless your character was not a magic user, and had connections with magic users and the magical world, would they know about the war.

Tokyorose627

The servant application has been added. Like before, please PM me your apps so I may look them over.

Marie Reynolds

Hmm when  I get there I might need some help with Miracle. Cause the only thing I can think of  is Kotestu zero stance from the Rurouni Kenshin series. Which is just a upward thrust technique at point blank.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on November 14, 2017, 06:12:35 PM
Hmm when  I get there I might need some help with Miracle. Cause the only thing I can think of  is Kotestu zero stance from the Rurouni Kenshin series. Which is just a upward thrust technique at point blank.

If you’re having trouble I’m sure someone can help you! Feel free to ask myself or the others if you need it. :3

RhinSama

So, would anyone have any articles on Family Crests/Magic Circuits?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: RhinSama on November 15, 2017, 01:21:22 AM
So, would anyone have any articles on Family Crests/Magic Circuits?

Lol do you mean just in general?

Tokyorose627

Here’s this for mystic codes.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Code

If you want a simple explanation, a mystic code is some sort of object that is an amplifier for someone’s magic. Much like a Mage’s staff, or a grimoire for a sorcerer, it’s an item that amplifies someone’s magic.

RhinSama

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 15, 2017, 01:43:39 AM
Lol do you mean just in general?
Yeah. I'm looking for a bit more information on them since they weren't exactly explained in Stay Night

I'm looking at making my master from a mage family

Anyone up for a hot headed celt? lol

Tokyorose627

Quote from: RhinSama on November 15, 2017, 01:48:42 AM
Yeah. I'm looking for a bit more information on them since they weren't exactly explained in Stay Night

Lol I’m sure someone would want them! I actually partnered up with someone myself already. Lol

RhinSama

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 15, 2017, 01:47:34 AM
Here’s this for mystic codes.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Code

If you want a simple explanation, a mystic code is some sort of object that is an amplifier for someone’s magic. Much like a Mage’s staff, or a grimoire for a sorcerer, it’s an item that amplifies someone’s magic.
Ahhh okay. I also now realize that you took the family crest info off of the master character sheet.

I was looking at info for that. Though the link you gave me is super helpful as well

Thank you

Tokyorose627

Quote from: RhinSama on November 15, 2017, 01:50:51 AM
Ahhh okay. I also now realize that you took the family crest info off of the master character sheet.

I was looking at info for that. Though the link you gave me is super helpful as well

Thank you

Yeah not many I feel would understand the family crest, plus there’s so many details already, we didn’t need something super complicated like that in the game.

RhinSama

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 15, 2017, 01:51:58 AM
Yeah not many I feel would understand the family crest, plus there’s so many details already, we didn’t need something super complicated like that in the game.
Fair enough on that one. Better to keep it simple than over complicate things. As a fellow GM I totally get that

Tokyorose627

Quote from: RhinSama on November 15, 2017, 02:02:35 AM
Fair enough on that one. Better to keep it simple than over complicate things. As a fellow GM I totally get that

Yep, exactly! The app sheets have been simplified over time once I saw some stuff that some newcomers may not understand. If I still get concerns I’ll look it over again!

RhinSama

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 15, 2017, 02:05:00 AM
Yep, exactly! The app sheets have been simplified over time once I saw some stuff that some newcomers may not understand. If I still get concerns I’ll look it over again!
Best way to do it right there. I'd also suggest adding such links as the one you gave me to the first post. Ones that explain what the Grail war is, and a few other things. It might help draw in people who aren't overly familiar with the anime/manga

Tokyorose627

Quote from: RhinSama on November 15, 2017, 02:10:39 AM
Best way to do it right there. I'd also suggest adding such links as the one you gave me to the first post. Ones that explain what the Grail war is, and a few other things. It might help draw in people who aren't overly familiar with the anime/manga

Mmm, that’s true. I’ll add that stuff.

BlackStone

Quote from: RhinSama on November 15, 2017, 01:48:42 AM

I'll be you huckleberry Rhin

Tokyorose627

Quote from: BlackStone on November 15, 2017, 07:03:15 AM
I'll be you huckleberry Rhin

xD

I’ve already mad my Master and Servant guys, so feel free to send me yours when you all have them ready so I can look them over and post the, when the time is right!

Batman4560

Has anyone sent you anything yet because I have no idea what I'm doing with this and I think seeing an example could really help

RhinSama

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 15, 2017, 05:20:58 PM
Has anyone sent you anything yet because I have no idea what I'm doing with this and I think seeing an example could really help

One person has sent me something. If you want I’ll post my Master cause I posted that app first for everyone. This is still a work i progress, but here’s an example if people are having trouble.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name(s): Mallory ‘Chise’ Fukuhara

Height: 4’11

Weight: 120 pounds

Birthday: 06/27/1994

Nationality: Born in America, raised in London and Japan

Personality: Mallory is a kind, yet thinks resourcefully. She’s calculating when it comes to the war, more so since it has involved her family over centuries. She can be welcoming and loyal, and has been seen as on of the more active members of the resistance, but has become to realize that the war may not end with her at the helm. Her desires to end the war may seem vast, and with very few resources, the dream she strives to complete may not come to her; despite this, she still doesn’t give up. Competent, she tries to keep her ideals about the war, and what it has taken from her, to herself, deeming it personal information, however talking to others about what she fears about the war has seemed to help her connect with more of the resistance. Being honest to others is a bit hard for her, due to eyes always watching, but when she has time to relax, she’s more friendly and carefree, open to whatever is on other people’s minds. However, the mood may return back to a serious leader when the time is needed.

Battle Uniform: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/46/a2/f5/46a2f5a1b6595ab110b390c8d5792b78.jpg

Casual Clothes: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d5/3d/bf/d53dbf344c373dd076cb9c3481f70492--anime-baby-girl-anime-girl-dress.jpg

Crown or Chalice?: Chalice

Title: Queen

Objective for the War: To put an end to the war, and Crown’s chaos from spreading

Partner: Saber

True Name: Arthur Pendragon

How did you acquire summoning them?: The scabbard of King Arthur’s sword Excalibur, has been passed down to each member of her family for generations, after her ancestor Archibald, had discovered it while on an expedition. Each member who fought in the war has partnered with Saber.

Knowledge of the War: Generations of her family fought in the war, with some of her ancestors the first to create Chalice. She’s studied all she’s can on the War, as well as tactics and plans that her family has used over the centuries.

Biography: Mallory ‘Chise’ Fukuhara, was born to two gifted Mages; a Japanese man by the name of Kagura, and her British-American mother named Anna. Both current members of the resistance known as Chalice to the war, the two had found some solace in one another, and had brought life to her and her sister. From the first day as children, they were introduced to magic and sorcery, both sisters having an inept affinity for the mystic arts. However, tragedy struck when Anna was on a trip to the United Kingdom to meet with other resistance members.

They was a bombing, and she was killed.

At the age of 6, Mallory and her mister were then taught by their father for 2 years, before being sent to a high ranking Mage’s school located in France, where they would learn the most knowledgeable resources regarding Mage’s and magic, and be safe from the aftermath of the war resuming. It was there that Mallory was able to craft her Magecraft known as Bloodcraft, while her sister stayed within the confines of elemental magicks. At the age of 13, Mallory graduated from the school, ready to harness her skills to help her father and family. However, despite her wishes to join, her father kept her from joining, telling her she was too inexperienced, and she was too young to get caught up in a bloody mage war.

Her father was assassinated when she turned 15, while he was on a mission for Chalice.

Her sister soon left her as well, wishing to have a normal life and to not be caught up in a war. At age 16, Mallory’s family had all left her, and she was forced to learn on her own. The war had been at a standstill ever since she was 16, no movement on either side. With that time, Mallory continued to practice her magic, perfecting her blood magic, and getting the necessary materials she needed for the war effort.

With barely any member left, and even one of her closest friends leaving the side of Chalice after her disagreed with her ideals to end the war, Mallory has been gathering as much information as she could own her own on other magic users that could help the war effort, and to restore Chalice, to give them a fighting chance to end the war.

Family History: The Fukuhara family is a mixed family of Japanese, American, and British lineage. Having originated in Britain during the beginning of the war, the family moved from different countries such as The United Kingdom, and the United States, learning magic and different methods to help tip the scales of war in Chalices Favor.

Archibald Lamperouge (Ancestor, helped create the resistance known as Chalice)

Chise: (Great Grandmother, Chalice’s information gathered until death)

Anna Fukuhara: (Mother, deceased)

Kagura (Father, deceased)

Anya Fukuhara (Sister, deceased)

Quality of Magic Circuits: Intermediate

Magic Circuit Switch: Sound of a Grandfather clock ticking down, then chiming

Prana Tank: A

Master’s Decrees: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/typemoon/images/7/73/Hakuno_cs.png/revision/latest?cb=20160703115303

Located across her chest.

Magecraft: Versed In Witchcraft, or most notably, the use of using your blood as a weapon. Known as Bloodcraft, she can crystallize her blood to small jewel like shapes, and store them with magical energy to be used as limited use weapons if needed. Her main skill, however, is her ability to use her blood as a acid, that can dissolve concrete, metal, and even flesh.

Mystic Codes: Her mystic codes are stored in a dagger, which has a slit in the blade capable to hold her blood in for battle. She also keeps her handmade jewels, made from her blood, for quick use in case of an emergency.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills:

Fluff: cooking, sewing

Utility: Knows how to disassemble and reassemble a gun (has never used one however), how to wiretap a phone

Combat: Hand to Hand fighting combat

Batman4560

I guess I have one more question, how are we supposed to figure what kinds of summons we are creating?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 15, 2017, 05:56:55 PM
I guess I have one more question, how are we supposed to figure what kinds of summons we are creating?

As in who your character is summoning?

You have to have a catalyst of whoever you want to summon. For example, if you wanted to summon King Arthur, you have  to have some possession of his, such as the scabbard to Excalibur, or a piece of their armor. This explanation has to make sense in regards to your character for obtaining the item.

You could say that the item was passed down throughout your characters family, like I did, or you could say something along the lines that they bought it in the Mage’s black market. You can’t simply say that you found it outside randomly, basically.

Marie Reynolds

So for the titles do the affect any thing like the role you play to the king or queen of you side?