Not Another Hogwarts Recruitment Thread (Seeking Students and Professors!)

Started by Flower, April 21, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Right now there is a lot of Foreign students because it is still kind of new to the game and has people's interest.  There are more Hogwarts characters than any other group.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Blythe

If we have a partial character sheet done, would it be okay to PM it to either of you, Emjay or Dancing Flower, to make sure I'm on the right path making a character? ^^

Emjay

Quote from: Blythe on April 22, 2015, 05:41:44 PM
If we have a partial character sheet done, would it be okay to PM it to either of you, Emjay or Dancing Flower, to make sure I'm on the right path making a character? ^^

You can definitely do that. If you do PM it please make sure you send it to both Flower and me.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

GnothiSeauton

A question that I thought was answered, but I couldn't find it (and may have missed it, since my brain is a bit mushy today), but...  How many characters are new writers (to this group) allowed to have to begin with?
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Flower

Quote from: Ceralilly on April 22, 2015, 05:32:25 PM
Hmmmm now does this mean that the interactions of a Drumstrang student would be more of a seasonal appearance?

Hmmmm I am very torn between these two now....

What are the main differences between temp students and the original 4 houses? As far as interactions, and every day occurrences? Are they as active as others?

OR are they more active during the cup and such?

Beauxbaton and Durmstrang students are only there for the Twi-Wizard Tournament, which lasts the entire school year.

All students (Beaux, Durm, Hogwarts) can be played for the same amount of time. There are no restrictions on how many scenes they can appear in and so forth. They can participate in the class threads, events (Yule ball, Halloween Ball, etc), and pretty much do the same as a Hogwarts student. The main difference between temp kids and Hogwarts ones is that they don't get house points for participating in class threads. Of course, Beaux and Durm students might also differ from each other due to various cultures and how their institution operates. For example, Beaux and Durm students were different uniforms from Hogwarts students.

Once May 2014 comes around, they will be leaving for their homelands to never return (unless you're opting into the 4th year and above transfer option).

Hogwarts is more of a mid-ground in my opinion. Durm is more militaristic in nature. Beaux is more of a fine arts and medical school. You can get a general feel for the foreign schools here.

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on April 22, 2015, 05:44:52 PM
A question that I thought was answered, but I couldn't find it (and may have missed it, since my brain is a bit mushy today), but...  How many characters are new writers (to this group) allowed to have to begin with?

Two characters are the maximum. :)

Ceralilly

And do we submit a face claim with the CS? OR Before? Often times my characters take a bit of personality from the model...I can't tell if that is a universal thing or not LOL.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Ceralilly

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 22, 2015, 05:45:41 PM
Beauxbaton and Durmstrang students are only there for the Twi-Wizard Tournament, which lasts the entire school year.

All students (Beaux, Durm, Hogwarts) can be played for the same amount of time. There are no restrictions on how many scenes they can appear in and so forth. They can participate in the class threads, events (Yule ball, Halloween Ball, etc), and pretty much do the same as a Hogwarts student. The main difference between temp kids and Hogwarts ones is that they don't get house points for participating in class threads.

Once May 2014 comes around, they will be leaving for their homelands to never return (unless you're opting into the 4th year and above transfer option). The only real difference is their culture since they have grown up in different countries and each school operates differently.

Hogwarts is more of a mid-ground in my opinion. Durm is more militaristic in nature. Beaux is more of a fine arts and medical school. You can get a general feel for the foreign schools here.

Two characters are the maximum. :)

And my wrestle with my over-active muse resumes...

Perhaps a Durm female, who is more uptight, and learns to lighten up a bit with her new Hogwarts friends....Hmmmm

I don't know how long I can make her serious without throwing in a bit of dry wit, though...Hehehe...I think Bisexual-leaning towards women...might be a good idea.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

GnothiSeauton

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Emjay

Quote from: Ceralilly on April 22, 2015, 05:46:26 PM
And do we submit a face claim with the CS? OR Before? Often times my characters take a bit of personality from the model...I can't tell if that is a universal thing or not LOL.

You can submit the face claim in the face claim thread after your character has been approved. That being said you can still pick one and include their picture in the character sheet. Sometimes I make characters the same way where I base their personality off the claim. Either that or I create the personality and then find a claim to match it. :-)
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Crash

Quote from: Ceralilly on April 22, 2015, 05:49:38 PM
And my wrestle with my over-active muse resumes...

Perhaps a Durm female, who is more uptight, and learns to lighten up a bit with her new Hogwarts friends....Hmmmm

I don't know how long I can make her serious without throwing in a bit of dry wit, though...Hehehe...I think Bisexual-leaning towards women...might be a good idea.

May have to hide Kari from her. *snicker*

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Ceralilly

Quote from: Crash on April 22, 2015, 05:57:51 PM
May have to hide Kari from her. *snicker*

*Perks up a this tantalizing little piece of into...;-P*

Quote from: Emjay on April 22, 2015, 05:53:58 PM
You can submit the face claim in the face claim thread after your character has been approved. That being said you can still pick one and include their picture in the character sheet. Sometimes I make characters the same way where I base their personality off the claim. Either that or I create the personality and then find a claim to match it. :-)

Sounds great! Glad I am not alone LOL

Crash

Quote from: Ceralilly on April 22, 2015, 06:00:42 PM
*Perks up a this tantalizing little piece of into...;-P*

Sounds great! Glad I am not alone LOL

Kari's my second year Ravenclaw that is currently pining after a girl that will never notice her.  She even tried out for the Ravenclaw quidditch team just to impress the girl...nothing.  Poor kid. :)

Jag

Quote from: Crash on April 22, 2015, 06:04:33 PM
Kari's my second year Ravenclaw that is currently pining after a girl that will never notice her.  She even tried out for the Ravenclaw quidditch team just to impress the girl...nothing.  Poor kid. :)

Yay, my Lavender isn't the only girl who likes girls. ^^ Though she doesn't have a crush or anything right now.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Crash

Lol!  Not the only one.  Kari's is a left over think from JWA.  Thought it would be fun to let her be all angsty before moving on.

Jag

la dame en noir

I'm actually making a Ravenclaw girl - if thats okay. My first Heterosexual character, something i've never done before.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Amelita

Quote from: Jagerin on April 22, 2015, 06:06:28 PM
Yay, my Lavender isn't the only girl who likes girls. ^^ Though she doesn't have a crush or anything right now.

We have a bunch of girls who like girls ;)

We have some boys who like boys, too, in fact.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Crash

Always good to try something different La dame.  This game isn't much in the way of smut but sex does happen from time to time.

Quote from: Amelita on April 22, 2015, 06:12:50 PM

We have a bunch of girls who like girls ;)

We have some boys who like boys, too, in fact.

We do?  I didn't think we had many at all?

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

GnothiSeauton

I have one character in mind that I've been wanting to do for a really long time now.  Tried in a few groups, but just never got a chance to play her.  I'm going to send a PM tonight to you guys, since I'm not exactly how to do her background and blood status. 

Seeking New Stories

Crash

Quote from: Amelita on April 22, 2015, 06:15:29 PM
I have a few who go for both, myself.

Ahh, yeah i meant strictly gay or lesbian.  Lots are into dabbling but relationship wise I haven't seen many.

Juggtacular

Jag

I'm considering once I get Lavender settled in on seeing if I can make a Genderfluid character. Possibly pansexual.

Crash

Ceralilly

Quote from: Jagerin on April 22, 2015, 06:19:33 PM
I'm considering once I get Lavender settled in on seeing if I can make a Genderfluid character. Possibly pansexual.

I tend to go pansexual with most of my characters myself...closer to home. lol